General: General Flight Simulation

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Thunderbirdman2

Vatsim Group Flight Tonight! 2/25/2013

Departing: KMKE, KRAC, KORD, KMDW (you can pick they are all close together) (I will be departing KRAC) Arriving: KDEN Departure Time: 1830CT (6:30pm Central Time) / 0030 Zulu Time Aircraft: I will be in a DC-9-15F but feel free to use anything. Calls...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JGL90 on
tspree15

Flight Unlimited Las Vegas - iPhone Flight Simulator

Hi everyone, New to the forum and want to announce that our new Flight Simulator for the iPhone is finally available in the app store. I've attached some screens. If you have any questions please let me know. The game is called Flight Unlimited...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

autopilot - nav1

plane went to first nav1 frequency, then, i changed it to a new frequency, the plane did not seem to go to the new airport , 10 miles north of first airport ? thanks maybe the autopilot will only get me to the first nav1 frequency; thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pusser on
StewartSky

I am looking for a Flight Sim Expert to help me

Hello Simmers: Is there anyone out there offering a service similar to that of Mr. Michael Greenblatt, who left us so suddenly and sadly last month? By this I mean offering to help older, technically challenged flight sim enthusiasts (like yours truly) wh...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
StewartSky on
iFlightSim

new iPad and iPhone IFR Simulator available on App Store

I hope this may be of interest for somebody: there is a new app available on the App Store called iFlightSim. It runs optimally on iPad but can also be run on iPhone or even iPod. It can be run either standalone or viewed on a bigger screen on a PC (conne...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
iFlightSim on
spoo54

Area 51 Flight simulation Software

Just wanted to share with fellow simmers my experience with Area 51 and their products!. About a year ago I purchased their C5A from a popular site for around $30 and never could get it to work in FSX, or FS9. Tried clicking on their tech support link and...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CaptDennison on
crankshaft

fsx booster activation

Numerous attempts to activate fsx booster have failed. Repeatedly receive windows message that states "fsx booster program not working". Suggestions or fixes would be appreciated....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cheezyflier on
chure76

mig 21 fm sfrj texture

Hello all First of all I want to tell how great site this is. I have downloaded lot of aircrafts, and some sceneries and I have fun. I have downloaded original MIG 21MF by Ivan Jurcaga couple of months ago and it works well. What I am having prob...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
CaptainK49

No external aircraft lights after download on FSX

I downloaded and deleted the Airbus and now I don't have any lights on any of the FSX aircraft? Help...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CaptainK49 on
CaptainK49

Gauges for the F-14 Tomcat

Hello..how and where do I get the gauges for the F14 Tomcat VC?? This is a great flying jet, but no gauges or lights?? Thanks!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CaptainK49 on
dirtshoot

Just Launched: FSXDB.com - Fast FSX Airport LookUp Website

I have just launched FSXDB.com. The goal is simple "Fast FSX Airport Search". I feel it's a great online resource Some Examples @ FSXDB.com Did you know there are airports with Plank, Steel Matt, Brick and Coral Surfaces? Some interesting airport na...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dirtshoot on
DatKonichFlier

Need help getting on CFS3 multiplayer servers

I've had a common problem with CFS3, and I have no idea how I fix it or what caused it. I simply go on CFS3, and CFS3 only, with no other programs, I hear you need a program for multiplayer to work? I really need help, ASAP. I've been playing sing...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
ramccli

Add airline callsigns

Evening Folks, I would like to add additional airline callsigns to the dropdown list. I know that I saw instructions here in one of the forums, but I am unable to find them. 😞 Would someone be kind enough and give those instructions again. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
sonser

Addons not showing in my plane list

4. Copy the aircraft folder to: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes.... Can anyone help me, after doing this properly on my pc, I still couldnt see the airplanes add ons I addons as per instruction. Im so des...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ramccli on
gcompc

Inexpensive cockpit

I posted more info in the Off Topic forum but thought that this may fit better here. If you're looking for something simple and inexpensive take a look at http://www.kwikpit.com, let your simming buddies know to. Thanks, Greg 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
gcompc on
nyguy72000

Airport ID

Anyone know where I can get my hands on a pamphlet listing all of the Airport ID's (e.g. KJFK)? Thanx!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nyguy72000 on
GundamWZero

[ Poll ] REX entering the Multiplayer Virtual Airlines World

Get ready... https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/37880/rex-entering-multiplayer-virtual-airlines-world_0b98ede9224e9517378b622bd1950a66.jpg * Compete against other users in a massive multi-player experience. * Run your SIM CA...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
horrgakx

St. Maarten airport - is this for real!!?

Is this real? Apparently it's St. Maarten airport. Blimey!!!! Dave...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
oldave

Does The Free Cessna 150 Download Install Itself...???

I am a relative newbie and I just downloaded the free Cessna 150 (152 ?) * I saved it to my desktop and haven`t "Run" it yet* and would like to know if I need to do anything further... I have read different posts about having to put certain things/fil...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
como2006

FS ADDON MANAGER

FS ADDON MANAGER This software is showing in the download section and cannot be activated in full registration format. Have been told this is no longer available. Have just gone fron windows xp to windows 7 and cannot re-registe :cry: r this softw...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
Flt634

Gates are in the wrong position fs9

All of the sudden after downloading the latest Nav Data all of my gates are in the wrong position. This happens even though I've done a complete re-install of fs9. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flt634 on
truckernick

TACA Airlines in Utah?

I was at work loading JetBlue, and over the fuel truck I could see a red roof on a plane and thought to myself (hey that looks like TACA airlines) So sure enough, he taxied down hotel, and it was indeed a TACA airlines A319. Real weird seeing a foreign ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
truckernick on
swantee

Impressive Screenshots Gallery

I enjoy looking through the screenshots on several sites covering all the simulators as well as dabbling. Regardless of the quality of the shots thier reproductions on FlyAways screenshots section are nothing short of stunning and the best I've come acr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
swantee on
curbkiller

X-Plane 10 Demo Mode & USB Key

I was reading on their website that if you buy X-Plane 10 that all it will run in is Demo Mode. You have to buy a $750.00 USB Key to get it to run free flight. Is this true or not. I notice that you guyes are selliin it with the 8 DVD world secenry pack i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on

Rise of Flight

Hi, I am a flight simulation fan, generally so, but most specifically, I am a fan of Rise of Fllight. ROF is a WW1 combat flight simulator. Below you can find a link to one of my fan videos of ROF or you may want to also check out Riseofflight.com. There...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

Original 747-400 Manuals for sale

Hi, i am selling a set of 3 original BA 747-400 manuals. They belonged to my late father who was a 747-400 captain with BA. Please see the ebay link if you are interested. thanks. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120863239864?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:I...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
enavennec

Where do I find the cessna 150 justflight freeware

i cant figure out where to download that freeware called: Cessna 150 Justflight freeware by tom tiedman. Some help would be appreciated a lot. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
PEA

Download from Fly Away

Can anobody help me : I am NOT a computerexpert- but FSX is a wonderfull tool.I love flying (and have been so lucky to cross the Atlantic in a Concorde - in cocpit !) I bought the fsx a month ago and should like to download futher aircrafts from FlyAwa...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
truckernick

The Famous Blue screen of death?

It happened to me, for nearly the first time ever. Have sp1 sp2, all updates graphic drivers, ect... But now I installed ORBX. So I'm flying a2a's piper cub out of cushman meadows and then I get the blue screen, this isn't lack of pc power, 12gigs ra...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
truckernick on
swantee

New X-Plane Promotional Video

Being an avid user of X-Plane which I love & have flown on a regular basis in v9---- & v10 since it hit the American streets last December I was somewhat 'Bowled over' yesterday when this Forum sent me an Email of Laminars v10 Promotional Video which I h...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
swantee on
earp

Green screen

Newbie question.... Is it possible to record a flight and use it in a video editor with a green screen? Maybe a view from the cockpit or from the outside of the aircraft....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
earp on
mmthomas

Sharing my Mission

I see a lot of missions and others thing that appear to be created and uploaded to the site by general users or members. I created a mission and wanted to share it, but I don't know how or even if you can upload to the site. If you can, could someone ple...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mmthomas on

How to get Falcon 4 to recognize my joystick and rudder peda

I recently discovered Falcon4 still shrinkwrapped in my basement. I installed it and it loaded with an airborne F-16 but my USB connected F-16 combat stick and rudder pedals would not hook up to the game. Any recommendations around getting the game to ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
teamo on
CTBlankenship

Traffic Patterns ...

The instructions in the book talk about a left traffic pattern and a right traffic pattern. Left and right in relation to what ... the tower ... the pilot or the active runway. Say there is an airport with numbers (Lake Norman) ... runways 14/32 and the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
teamo on
vietvet1usmc

No Sound on MI-24 Hind

HELP!! I have no sound on my MI-24 Hind. I have extracted, detracted, sipped and unzipped. Nothing!..Flies great. Help me with the sound guys! Thanks, Charlie 😞...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
CTBlankenship

Flying by the numbers in a FSX Cessna 172

I own the book Microsoft Flight Simulator for Pilots Real World Training (a great book by the way) ... on page 316 they have a flight profile of the Mooney and on page 583 they have the flight profile for the Beechcraft Baron 58. This information contain...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CTBlankenship on
nyguy72000

B-1

Does anyone know of a good download of a B-1 bomber?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nyguy72000 on
Flyaway

Our new IP Address Tool

You may now use our new "What's my IP Address" tool to find out your current public IP address for multiplayer and other purposes. The tool is here: https://flyawaysimulation.com/ip-address-tool/...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
sam_lara

FlyAway sim site protected area - access denied

I did my signiture to this site in Dec 3rd, 2010. I never received the account password to access my account. How can I get a password to finish signiture and receive my money back??? Ronnie & Sam Lara...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
Pilotguy17

Plane Spotting Videos

Hey. I have uploaded some of my plane spotting videos onto youtube. I have videos at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, Spokane International Airport, and San Diego International Airport. If you want to check out some of my videos, visit my youtube cha...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
prekill on
flightsimpilot2198

Freeware Bush Planes for Fsx?

Hi. I am a very enthusiastic "pilot" on FSX. I have been looking everywhere for awesome freeware bush planes. I would preferably like a tail dragger. Can anyone help me?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on

FSX Deluxe edition need help

Hi there, I got the error 1935 when i tried to install FSX Deluxe again then etc etc fixed it with the help of this https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/21980/error-1935-rolling-back-action/ it worked! But the only bad part is there is scener...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Fostle2

Quality Wings

I understand that some people have purchased Quality Wings and have had problems with it. I too initially had problems with the 757 collection purchased through a 3rd party, no support and no refund. I contacted Pay Pal who I used to purchase this item, ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
Traches-Broken

I believe my account's broke.

Hey, this is Traches. I updated my email address on the site a few days ago, and now when I log in it looks like this: https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/37063/i-believe-my-accounts-broke_95404cd5761cc74e4d4a77c3d471332c.jpg The ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Traches on

Runway/Airport info

Hi, I'm a VFX animator and I'm working on a TV Pilot based at JFK/Idlewild in the early Sixties. We are building a cg version of the runways etc and wondered if anybody knew of a good source of information and/or models of the small things that be...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Carlin on
darrenvox

is that contest still in use

last year or the year before someone posted that there was a contest to bring in more members and after i put the link in a forum or a blog i had more than 500 post or so that i could win a prize of a FS type cd addon. So i won the Eurofighter typhon from...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
FireWraith

Trying to find a flight sim for a psychology study

Hello all, I am a complete novice when it comes to flight sims, so I'm hoping that someone here will be able to help me. I need to design a psychology study that investigates how well people judge airplane direction/distance/trajectory in different ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Carlin on
Laxpilot

Delta Fleet

You guys! With Delta growing, you guys need to put out the correct models for delta and other airlines!!!!!!!!!!!!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyboy92 on
jianqing

free web hosting

does anyone know what that "free web hosting" on the Site Menu is? 🙄 Is is where you really make a virtual airline site?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Matej9

Looking for online co-op flight game game?

Hello I'm new to flight simulators and flying games and I was wondering if any one knows any game that allows 2, 3 or more players to take control over one plane. For example. I was reading about add on content for Wings of Pray (Wings of Luftwaffe ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nuNce on

9 pages with 434 questions.

previous123456789next
Page 6 of 9