General: General Flight Simulation

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

evans3588

FSX Flyer Wants to learn to fly on a server

My name is Bill and I am a good FSX flyer as I have been at it for a few years now and can't enough of it. Now I want to fly and make friends (FSX) and learn about atc procedures etc. and I am not really interested in using Team Speak primilary because I ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
evans3588 on
Danair

FSX: HELP ! Autopilot stop working in win7

Hi I have a problem with FSX which is installed in win7. Everything has worked until now. The autopilot does not work anymore. The problem is with all types of aircrafts. When activated a.p. the "nose" dives. Heading, attitude and speed can only be adj...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Danair on
AF330

Navigation display VOR airbus

When we change the knob to VOR on the EFIS control panel and tune a VOR1 for landing about 200 nautical miles from the runway. The VOR 2 remains for Navaid. Will it directly show the VOR tuned for landing or will it keep showing the VOR's we pass by due t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
AF330

Radio management panel Airbus

Hi When do captains and first officer don't have the same VHF/HF frequency tuned in their respective RMP? Thank you...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

Skytrax- World's Best Airlines 2014 Top 10

Yesterday was the big day for the aviation industry as the Skytrax's World Airline Awards - The largest award in aviation industry took place. This event happened on the 15 July 2014 at Farnborough International Airshow. Here are my opinions. World'...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
vieillep

ERJ performances

Hi, i am rated on E135/E145 and i have about 8000 fhrs. i have built an app that displays performance of the E135/145 in TO, CR, LD, EMER. If you want your preparation look more realistic, you 'll find all the performance needed to accomplish your m...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
vieillep on
MajorCowboy

Actavation codes for FSX

Im still having problems my Actavation codes for FSX, i have writen several times to Microsoft FSX, but have not recived any concriet answers, they said once 3 months ago,that there working on it, but what with,i dont think they no what they are doing,?? ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Tlgoose

After take-off always nose up attitude??

Hi After taking off my plane always seems to have a nose up attitude. I always have to put nose down trim, but it keeps going back up. This happens with the Dash8 & my B1900. I am constantly pushing forward on the yoke just to keep it level. 🙄...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tlgoose on
GaryQ

Found the answer on ICON question

I read the answers to my Icon question and think I can get the Icon, Thanks. Now for the Yoke - plugged in before install or after install is completed ? Gary Q....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
GaryQ

Install of FSX-Yoke on or off, & how get dsktop icon

I have installed FSX 3 times in past never got a Desktop icon, and other concern is that I could only run FSX as long as the original joystick was plugged in even tho I fly with a Saitech Yoke. I have just upgraded my Windows Vista to Windows 7 and would ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GaryQ on
Braydon

FlightDeck4 Key Lost SUPPORT NOT RESPONDING!! PLZ HELP!!

I PUT MY ORIGINAL TOPIC IN THE WRONG PLACE ------------- So I was happy I got FINALLY FOUND MY DISCS OF Flight Sim 2004 and Flight Deck 4!! Well I installed MS FS 2004 To then know that Flight Deck 4 Needed a REG Key!! I SWEAR I had it before but I ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
CaptainK49

Monitor Screen goes black intermittently while flying FSX

Any help appreciated...when I am flying FSX sometimes my monitor screen goes black (no signal found) on the screen, and then returns to normal. While it does this there is still sound. The duration is only for a few seconds?? I just put a new GPU in and c...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tjan on
CaptainK49

Vickers Viscount landing

Hello, I purchased the Viscount and WOW what a cool plane, but how do you line it up to the runway and how do you land this plane? It is very difficult to land...otherwise what a joy it is to fly!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CaptainK49 on
NYCMounty

Altitude read outs on landings

I am fairly new to FSX and I have noticed when watching videos of others during landings that one can hear a call out of altitude heights. Is this an add-on or something in FSX that is already installed in the software. Thanks, Paul...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
jucka

FSX sound increasing (Please help!)

Hello everybody! I have bought new computer last month and install FSX on it. The FSX is working normall, but when I parked the airplane and shout down the enginess, the sound of electricity appears (the electricity probably running the flight instrum...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jucka on
beroun

System Restore affecting FS9

Hi, Recently I had to do system restore on my PC (Vista) and it affected my FS9. At least I noted that Scenery.cfg file was changed, had some entries missing. Apparetly older version filtered in from the shaddow copies? Does anyone know which files ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
doch202

Motion Flight Simulator Cockpit

Cloud-Flyer Motion Flight Simulator Starts Production www.cloud-flyer.com Much anticipated update of the award winning Dream Flyer motion flight simulator starts production. For more than five years, since retiring from Dream Flyer, Doc Holloway has bee...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
doch202 on
MajorCowboy

Error Starting up FSX

:oops: Hi, When i want to start my FSX i Keep getting Error loading GPS_Engine. The flight plan wii not be used. Could some one tell me what is causeing this and how to fix it. ❗...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Defdogg29

The Next Flight Simulator

So it's almost 2014 and there hasn't been a credible flight simulator released since 2006 (FSX). What or when is the next flight simulator going to be released? Does anyone know anything about this? And before someone says X-Plane is an excellent source, ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
MajorCowboy on
jackfromva

FSX and FS2004 - conflicts?

I would like to install FS2004 on a computer that already has FSX installed. I was going to install it in a different drive, but FS2004 only allows installation on drive C: as near as I can tell. Are there any known conflicts with installing then on t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
mikender45

Direct conect problem!

Hey I have the standard silver X Fsx. I looked up for sessions I did the direct conect it said connection failed. Is it the acceleration verzion of fsx or do I need service pack? Jake 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
mikender45

Whats the best fs to use without gamespy??

Hey guys whats up im looking to buy a fsx game and i want to know which one still uses multiplayer without gamespy. If you do know please reply! Thanks!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mikender45 on
swazi98kl

Garmin gns 400 Trainer

Enjoying leaning with this sim. On a direct to flight as soon as the sim starts according to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zofn3skychQ SaveFrom.net when I depart the airport the GPS should change from Departure to Approach. It does not ever change. Can ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
BigBen on
omnijet1

T-45C Instruments - Attitude Direction Indicator

I just installed the T-45C to go with FSX Acceleration not yet installed. Problem: The ADI horizon line acts crazy or does not appear at all. Horizon shows up on HUD but not ADI. I have tried every option in the ADI menu. I flipped it to the left scr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hecrowell on
Bob C.

Can't find runways flying VFR in Flight sim X Gold Edition

Greetings. Sometimes when I fly VFR into small airparks or airports(just flying single or double prop planes right now until I become a better pilot), I can't see the runways from any kind of distance, sometimes not at all or (more often than not) until I...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Login failure

Unable to login despite joining

Hi I joined the forum yesterday and payed the sub via paypal. Apart from the paypal receipt the only email I received was one with a link to subscribing again via paypal I am unable to login John (jabberwock4😎...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
hammerdag

processor question, please help

Thanks for Reading This: What is better for FSX, considering that it's so processor intense? An I7 4500u- 1.8 GHz, max 3.0 or an I5-2.5 GHz....I thought any I7 would be faster than an I5. I think I read somewhere that the number of cores aren't relevant...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
daveloc

Slow downloads AFTER joining the Pro section (monthly)

After signing up Monthly, My downloads are still just as SLOW as the free downloads were before. What am I doing wrong? :cry:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
daveloc on
swazi98kl

FSX Start Up not resolved.

On start up, loading FSX my PC loads the default flight. Before it would load to the Home Page. Once loaded I then need to exist flight. It will then revert to Home Page. Can anyone help. Also 1 SCENERY.CFG file error.Invalid remote scenery path in sc...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Zesty42

FSX Aerobatics

So recently I have been working a lot on aerobatics. Is there any possible way to get the Extra 300 or any other aerobatic plane for FSX to stop instantly and crisp? I have seen an Extra 300 make a right aileron roll and instantly roll to the left, but in...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Zesty42 on
Adam Coulthard

FSX missing ground textures

Hi there, I have been having a problem when playing FSX, the ground textures do not load meaning that I can not enjoy flying as I am flying with only houses, trees and water loading. I have tried reinstalling FSX (SP2) but this has not helped the situ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
mihaim1980

McDonnell Douglas MD-11 Checklist Android App

You are tired of papers? Then you must use this app! The app contains the most important Boeing 747 checklist categories: -BEFORE START -AFTER START -BEFORE TAKEOFF -AFTER TAKEOFF -IN RANGE -APPROACH -BEFORE LANDING -AFTER LANDING -SHUT DOWN ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mihaim1980 on
captcrazy

Saving screen profiles

I use cargo pilot. Every time I start a new mission or flight, I have to create and move the extra windows, such as GPS, throttle control, spot view ect. Is there a program that will save the screen displays so that every thing is positioned correctly w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
captcrazy on
myers62

fsx missing miami airport buildings?? Not add on.

Just wondering has any one seen miami airport with missing building how do u fix this i normally dont fly to miami but just wanted to take a flight and just see now i got this any ideas to fix this thanks... https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
swazi98kl

Aeroworx South Africa Scenery

Can someone go to aeroworx.co.za and explain to me how to sign up for their forum or site....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Swolebrah

Airport Runway Maps

Where can i find blueprints for airports?? Thanks all...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JimboNH on
klh61

radio messages

I have sound but i'm not getting any radio messages. When I look at the knee board there are meesages but I can't hear anything....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
KLMFan

Editing Exit Locations

Hi all, I am using a mod, some of you may of heard of it (GSX Ground Services) and I'm using most of the exits. I flying with the Airbus A321 and at the moment, and I can only use the front passenger exit for disembarkation and boarding. Now the rear ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
mihaim1980

Airbus A320 Checklist Android App

You are tired of papers? Then you must use this app! The app contains the most important Airbus A320 checklist categories: - BEFORE START - AFTER START - BEFORE TAKEOFF - APPROACH - LANDING - PARKING - SECURING THE AIRCRAFT - EMERGENCY EVACUATI...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
deserthawk on
robccx

Listen today as we interview Shez Ansari scenery Developer.

Sky Blue Radio presents another exciting edition of FS InFocus, when host Robert Touchtone and co-host Tom Mathieu welcomes Shez Ansari from SunSkyJet Scenery! https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/38537/listen-today-as-we-interview-sh...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
robccx on
chance99

FSX Scenery problem Matterhorn

Hi guys. i recently visited Switzerland and went to the sumit of the Matterhorn I though i would love to include this in my FSX game so have tried (in vain) to include it) I can not for the life of me figure out what I am doing wrong so would love s...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
mihaim1980

RouteFinder Android App

RouteFinder is an app useful for flight simmers to generate IFR aircraft routes. It generate routes with SIDs, STARs and NATs and TACAN routes, using updated AIRAC databases. Also , you can set the enroute altitude. To generate a route , you must w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mihaim1980 on
mihaim1980

AirMobileInfo App

AirMobileInfo is an application dedicated for flight simmers which provide useful airports information like weather, charts and other info. You can find information of all airports, except charts that are only available for most airports. Now you haven'...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mihaim1980 on
mihaim1980

Boeing 747 Checklist Android App

You are tired of papers? Then you must use this app! The app contains the most important Boeing 747 checklist categories: -PRE-FLIGHT -BEFORE START -START ENGINES -BEFORE TAKE OFF -BEFORE ALIGN -TAKE OFF -AFTER TAKE OFF -CRUISE -DESCENT -APPR...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mihaim1980 on
Jacques Guay

virtual pilot3D.com

DO NOT BUY any products from Virtual Pilot 3D! Does not really work and when you try to exit program, will not let you. Trying to get my $$ back. Will let you know. Jacques...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mihaim1980 on
Sad and Sorry

Flight Gear AND Virtual Pilot 3d are scams

Don't. Don't. Don't. The previous posters are correct. No refund will be issued no matter how many times you write, when you visit the links your computer will be attacked (thank goodness my antivirus/system software blocked the attacks), and there is mal...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Tom Wilson

FSX "Missions"

While installing an add on mission into missions folder, must've pushed the wrong button, now no missions appear in my game, says no missions available,,,How do I get them back? they're still in the folder, but not in the game help!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tom Wilson on
igorbia

Runway indicator (question)

Do all airports in FS2004 have landing guidance? If yes, - how to turn this function on; is this signal related to radio deck? If yes, - how to tune landing guidance frequency? Why I ask, is because at some time same airports show landing guidance on the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
igorbia on
Bernie Steed

Joysticks - Force Feel required

I had a Saitek Cyborg EVO Force joystick. As a former miltary fighter aviator I liked the Force Feel and it was reasonably realistic. Are there any such 'force feel' joysticks available today. I can find none. Regards, Bernie (UK)...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Gildavinor

FSX multiplayer

I am new to FSX and want to join in the multiplayer environment. Now that GameSpy has closed down, how do I do this?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

9 pages with 434 questions.

previous123456789next
Page 5 of 9