General: Hardware

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

fspanels

FSpanels for sale

switch panel with 15 switches $110.00 switch panel with 15 switches W/ LED $120.00 switch panel with 20 switches $120.00 switch panel with 20 switches W/ LED $130.00 Custom switch panel $115.00 minimum We also make custom switch panels star...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
fspanels on
JOMA72

Video Card RAM

Hi, I’m looking at buying a new video card but I’m not sure which one gtx 580 model to go for. Either the 1.5 GB or the 3 GB version. I know this sounds crazy but I wanted to be able to run this maxed out with 3D vision. Could you please help Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Traches on
Wing-man

Dual Core Processors.

I've read this from a free download this morning, so I thought I'd post it on here for those that dont know. Dual core processors: FS9 allegedly doesn’t take advantage of the second processor. But here is a neat trick how to force FS9 make use of...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
coldwarSalty

FSX MegaScenery Vegas + i7 3.8ghz + GeForce 560Ti

Hi guys, this is one of my videos demonstrating my new rig with MegaScenery Las Vegas. The FPS slows down some with FRAPS but general gameplay is almost flawless. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYxeSkIHqPM Intel i7 2600 OC 3.8Ghz Nvidia GeForce 5...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
coldwarSalty on
Vintage77

Display is choppy - Upgrades or Settings?

I need help figuring out how to improve my computer performance when using FSX. My current computer hardware is: Processor: AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL=60 2.0 GHz Memory (RAM): 3.00 GB 32 Bit Operating System (Windows Vista Home Premium) w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
hungo

Force trim cyclic and aluminium profiles

I have just collected the prototype parts from the laser cutter to enable me to fit force trim to the cyclic sticks that I build for my helisim units. Effectively this will mean that in the hover the stick will be completely free with the force button pr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Brettxw

TrackIR 5 - Anyone use it?

Just came across TrackIR 5. Anyone here use it? After watching some Youtube videos on it, I think this is an awesome piece of accessory to have for flight sim!!!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Traches

FSX on sandy bridge CPUs?

Anybody running fsx on the new intel 25/2600k? I'm looking at building a new system in the next few months and I don't know what kind of performance to expect!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GundamWZero on
GundamWZero

Stage 2 Complete: Isis 3.5

It has been a long ride. When I first bought FSX, I had an AMD processor, Gigabyte Sli Motherboard and a pair of 6600 graphic cards. When I joined this site, I had upgraded to the EVGA 680i Motherboard and a EVGA 8800 GTS Superclocked card. https...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
hungo

B206 annunciator panel

I have a new product under development ,B206 annunciator panel either in kit form or fully assembled ,at this point I would welcome any comments on what would be preferred....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hungo on
hungo

New controls released from Rainman

The new controls have been released with better photos at www.rainman.tv ,if you are wanting something that is not on the web site just send an email from the contact page as it may very well already be in development if not we have a custom parts service...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hungo on
HyperionXL

New Computer, Crap Results

So I put together my new PC, pretty much just to get some decent performance out of FSX. PC Specs: Intel i7 920 @ 4.158 GHz w/ Venomous X CPU cooler Temps no higher than 75 with stress testing, ussually around 60 - 65 with FSX running - Safe Gigabyte...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
mickwill

Saitek Yoke Programming Frustration

Hi All, I'm trying to get the Throttle Quadrant to do what I want it to do. These are the three levers labled Z axis (Black), Rx (Blue) and Ry (Red). I want to assign Flap setting to Z, Left engine to Rx and Right engine to Ry. Should be easy huh? M...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
stocz2

Nvidia graphics driver help

Ok, looking for some help please. As the title says, Nvidia graphic driver. While flying ms fs2004 lately, about 10 mins. into the flight my game, and computer shuts down. Id go into (problem reports and solutions) and it keeps saying: Nvidia graphic dri...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
stocz2 on
krichard

Will this computer run fsx at full settings

I just bought it Nvidia Geforce 9500Gs Graphics Card With 512mb Dedicated Video Memory woth this computer http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=400091798535&view=all&tid=59986577027...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GundamWZero on
Brettxw

Faulty Saitek x52 controller?

I have the x52 controller (saitek) and the LEDs on the joystick are going dull and flickering from dull to (normal LED brightness). The throttler controller LEDs remain bright and do not do this. At the same time, the hatview UP does not work at times (if...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GundamWZero on
krichard

new laptop fsx performace

will this laptop run fsx at full settings http://www.staples.com/HP-Pavilion-dv7-1451nr-Entertainment-Laptop/product_800740...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
munday

Fsx and addons

My rig is an intel Q8400 4870 graphics card 650gig samsung hddf or o/s and terrabyte hdd for fsx on an Asrock N7Ad with a 750 watt power suppy. with payware addons becomming bigger all the time i.e vfr germany with all 4 parts installed amounts to 60 g...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
munday on
mitch0508

Q6600 to 3.0GHZ difference?

Hi I have a Q6600 quad cpu at 2.4 GHZ! Would i notice a difference if i upgraded the motherboard so that i could overclock the cpu to 3.0GHZ? Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Traches on
mitch0508

New motherboard

Hi I would like to overclock my q6600 to about 3.0ghz +! To do that I need to upgrade my motherboard but I'm not good at choosing the right one!!! I have a Packard Bell imedia x2414. Could someone please recomend a good motherboard for my computer? ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Traches on
Vanya

RAM and the OS

Which Windows OSes have the ability to see and use more than 4gb of RAM? Is it only the 64 bit versions that can do it?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
gravedig2 on
horrgakx

USB Joystick wanted

Hi all. I bought FSX when it came out but due to disappointing performance on my hardware I left it for ages. I upgraded my hardware last year (yeh I know, a long time to wait) but I've STILL not been able to run FSX because my new motherboard doesn't...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
horrgakx on
luigi_m_

Joystick for tail-dragging. Homemade?

I'm going to be learning to fly the Piper Cub soon (I currently fly Cessna's real world), and wanted to get some practice on FS before my lessons. I've got the Saitek yoke, and was looking at getting the X-52, but what other options are there out there? I...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Dewey

Computer Boot Problem

For the past month my computer will only completely boot once out of approximately 2 to 3 tiries. It will generally load through to the desktop screen with the program icons, showing the mouse pointer, and the revolving hour glass and then lock up. Have...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Dewey on
matt_flyaway

PZ44 yoke and throttle?

Does anyone have any good feedback on this system?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Tailhook

Installing FS to external HDD

I've been contemplating installing fs9 to my WD external HDD. It has its own Belkin power supply, not drawing power off the computer, USB 2.0. I've been hesitating until now wondering whether the sim would run at the same speed as it does when installe...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Traches on
SpiderWings

Need Advice for buying a new graphics card

wrote this in the General FS2004 Forum and decided I should put it here as well. I am still lacking a graphics card... burned up my old NVIDIA eGeForce FX5500 the first of November. At first I thought it was just a problem with the driver but after pul...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
bbornn

Has anybody used Jetline Systems FS systems?

I'm ready to get a new system, and I want it to run FSX reasonably well. I don't have the skill, time, or manual dexterity to build it myself, so I'm looking for an off-the-shelf system. Jetline Systems was recommended to me. They build computers spe...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bbornn on
Vanya

Turning Video Cards on/off for gaming... ect

I was wondering if there was any way, without having to shut down or restart Windows, to switch off two video cards and start sending video data thorugh a third, smaller and less powerful card, so that my bigger video cards are not barbequeing the case wh...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Vanya on
SpiderWings

Where can I find a new driver for my nVidia e-GeForce FX5500

got the blue screen of death saying nv4_disp is in an endless loop spent several hours reading up on how to fix it.... registry cleaners... way scary... and then found one that said just boot in safe mode, download the newest driver, install and reboot...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Traches on
airwolfe

Looking for the best video card for a new build...

I am currently building my new dream machine solely for FSX ... any suggestions on a video card that can handle it all ? Is the GTX 280 overkill ? Is there one card that has been known to just kick butt ... I want to be able to push the sliders all the wa...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
airwolfe on
Tailhook

RAM

Had your fill of RAM ramifications? Read this: http://members.cox.net/slatteryt/RAM.html I'm craving for fruit... an Apple in particular :radar:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Concorde105 on
totallyfrozen

Saitek Pro Flight yoke problems?

I was considering buying the Saitek Pro Flight yoke/throttle combo, but I've heard horror stories of "phantom key press" issues with this unit. Have any of you folks used this yoke? Have you experienced any of these issues? Example: http://www.amazon...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Concorde105 on
katdog

CH Flight Sim Yolk

Just bought a new yolk. Had an old one but could not use it on the new computer. The gear switch on the new one only works in the down position for both extending and retracting. When I go to settings in FSX it does not give me the option to use both up a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
totallyfrozen on
narb147

how to check the temp of my hard drive

i have an hp pavilion slimline s7410 and i need a way to monitor the temp...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
peterl

Garmin 1000 Simulator

We are happy to introduce our new Garmin 1000 Simulator site. It is an Open Source Project please give us your opinion . http://www.glass-cockpit.org Regards Peter...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
peterl on
rich2103

USB Video Card?

I just bought a new computer with the latest graphics card hoping to hook up my multiple monitors to it. When i tried to hook it up i could only hook up one monitor to keep the SLI mode in the video cards. I wanted to add more video cards so i could hook ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Concorde105 on
Bartfs

Upgrading whole system?

HI, my system specs atm are: Dell Dimension C521 AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ 2.0gHz Socket 940 AM2 2.5GB RAM DDR2 Nvidia Gforce 6150LE Integrated PSU: 320W Standard cooler More here: http://www.dealtime.com/xPF-Dell-Dell-Dimension-C521-Deskt...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bartfs on
erboothe

Display Settings

I just installed a new Video Card and cannot find information on how to set the Screen Resolution and Color Quality for the best results. Could someone please instruct me, or tell me where to find the information?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mickranger on
hoelmkjaer

Upgrade to Saitek Pro Flight Yoke?

Right... I've been using my Logitech Freedom 2.4 Cordless joystick for a few years now, but I want to take my FSX experience "to the next level". It's a very good joystick, but I'm not sure I like it when using it for FSX. I believe the problem is that th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hoelmkjaer on
GoldDust

Pc Spec - your thoughts on this set up please!

Hi all, im thinking of purchasing the belwo PC spec from Del. i wanted some feedback as to what you would change on the list or if the list below is good for FSX running at max with add ons scenery etc.. PROCESSOR Intel® Core™ 2 Quad-Core Extr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
dean76

usb yoke & throttle quadrant

Hi all, im sure this question has been asked before, but what is the best yoke/throttle quadrant out there, i have been putting up with my joystick for too long now, so it time for an upgrade, i like the look of the saitek yoke and the CH products, 6 lev...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Flykid

Saitek LCD screen

does anybody know when the Saitek LCD instrument panel is supposed to go on sale?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
biello

Monitor resolution disappeared!

hey guys, i need some help! last nite when i booted up my computer, (without any prior changes made) my hanns g widescreen monitors native resolution of 1440x900 was gone. i noticed the screen was off a bit so i went into catalyst control center to correc...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
jeffb57

jet throttle

i am wondering if anyone knows of a throttle quadrant for small, two turbine jets (like the learjet) other than the ch throttle quadrant (wasn't compatiable with my computer). any help would be appreciated....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kstow26 on
wpurcell

Helicopter Hardware

Hello! I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find information about purchasing hardware for helicopter flying on FSX. I saw a site, but the goods were up over $2000.00! Anything less expensive out there? Thanks in advance!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
wpurcell on
Kawrlol

joystick problems

im having a srsly anoying problem i have a joystick what has a throttle and rudder but when i push the throttle forward the rudder moves? insted of the buttons. this is my joystick the assigments seem fine. and when i installed fs9, 2002 broke asw...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Kawrlol on
Flykid

processor cores

hey guys. i have a really stupid question for you- when they say 2.4ghz quad core is that 4 different "2.4s" or one 2.4 that can think on a larger basis. i have a intel centrino duo 2.0ghz on my laptop but my desktop is far behind so i was looking in to ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
dannyboy2005

Looking for a 5.1 sound card (DJing)

hi I'm looking for a sound card that supports 5.1 surround sound but also a jack where i can plug in my headphones to cue the next song. I don't want to unplug any cables to plug in my headphones, i want to enable ALL the speakers (5.1) AND listen in ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dannyboy2005 on
tefug

Saitek X45

Hello... I'm having probelms with my Saitek X-45... after about 10 minutes of flying i get a delay of about 5 seconds... ie aircraft performs the action about 5 seconds after i do... i've tried everything i've come up with... reinstalling the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

7 pages with 330 questions.

previous1234567next
Page 3 of 7