General: Hardware

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

violentviolet

Joystick Issues.

Every time i load up FS9,i have to calibrate my joystick,which really rattles my cage!! Is there something that can be done to solve this little dilema?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
violentviolet on

Will my system run DirectX 10?

Pentium D 3.00Ghz (Dual Core) 1024MB RAM nVidia GeForce 670XL 250MB hard drive space Will this be able to run Direct X 10 and also will it be able to run a 64BIT Operating System, like Windows Vista? Thank you...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
dannyboy2005

Will a 64 bit processor work on 32 bit OS

I'v got a Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Toledo Dual Core Processor and it is a 64 bi. I'm running cp home (which runs at 32bit) and i'm wondering if the os will work with my processor. Will i get only half the processing power wth a 32bit os? Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Alpha1flight

I am new to FlyAway

Hello I am Alpha1flight an I am new to FlyAway. I have download many flight sims but can not run them is there a special way to load and run them. I have bought the Red Barron Ace and had know trouble loading the software and with some practice became pre...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Alpha1flight on
Liono

Water Cooling

Over the next couple of months I'll be saving to go down the route of water cooling as to try and keep my lovely PC as quite as possible. I'm looking at this one 5th one down. Does anyone else here use water cooling and what's it like?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
atreyu on
Liono

Boot problem

Good Morning/Afternoon or Evening, Since late yesterday my PC won't boot. When I switched it on I get the POST beep and then the bit where I can go into the BIOS comes and then it freeze's. I can't enter the BIOS at all. I have the following ASUS A...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
Wing-man

Keyboard Problem.

Hi guy's 😉 I'm having a keyboard problem, and wondering if anyone has had the same or knows of a solution ? When typeing, the letters appear ok, but just as an example, when I want a (@) I get a (") so I have to type (") to get an (@) and visa ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
edr1073 on
JarJarBinks

comp freezes

hello ive been suffering from my PC for years now ever since i installed the first game 🙄 ....i cant remember when...but every game ive got it freezes the only game that doesnt freeze is Age of Empires the games that freese are DeltaForce BlackHa...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
pilotwannabe

Keyboard Problems?

Hi, I am having a weird very frustrating problem with my keyboard. Whenever I type text the letters become jumbled, meaning that I have to constantly make corretions. For example...below is the sentence that should read my name is Richard and I come fo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on
PanAmerican

Spyware Remover

I recently found out that I have spyware on my computer. For some reason Norton Anti-Spyware, Spy Sweeper, or Ad-Aware SE Personal are able to locate it. I remember a while back that RadarMan (I think) gave me a link to a program called Ewido. I'm not sur...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Mc_GaNgStA on
patw

New nvidia 91.31 driver

Release Date: June 23, 2006 Don't forget to remove you old one first before new install http://www.nvidia.com/page/home.html P....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CaptDennison on
Liono

New nvidia drivers

They havn't put them on the main download section yet, but heres a direct link to their download server. Nvidia Drivers 91.28 Be warned they are over 48MB in size....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
pilotwannabe

Windows 2000 Question

Hi, I have recently installed Windows 2000 professional on my laptop and am the only user. So I was wondering if there is any way of turning off the log-on screen where it asks for a password. I had to set a password upon installation as it didnt give ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on
cheechm

GeForce 7900GTX

Hi, On the nVidia website it states that the 7900GTX will be good enough for Vista. I am building a computer for myself (which will apparently be good enought for Vista) and I was wondering if I should get it. I decided to think of getting an overclo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cheechm on
crypto74

profiles for Saitek X45 Controls

Can anyone tell me where I can download some profiles for Fltsim 2004 aircraft for the X45? crypto74...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GuestWhoNeedsHelp on
Wing-man

ATI & NVIDIA Video Card Tweak Guide

Came accross this, should be useful to some. 😉 The list of cards is at the bottom of the page. http://www.sharkyextreme.com/guides/hwGuides/article.php/10709_1463741__1...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Ponder

Using Sidewinder steering wheel pedals as rudder control

Hello all, I'm afraid this question even sounds stupid in my head so please don't laugh at me! Basically, I have an old, 1st Generation USB MS Sidewinder FF Steering wheel, and a Logitech Wing Commander Joystick (Real top of the line stuff, I know ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
ghowards

FS 2004 Gameport Yoke

I have a CH products Flight sim yoke on my gameport but the chang8 driver will not work. The brake is stuck on when I go to fly. I am running windows XP with a dell GX240. The only drivers that work are the ones that do not have a throttle feature or t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
marok

X52 Flight control system

Hey everyone I was just wondering where would you all reccomend me getting my X52 flight controll system at? I was thinking I would get it off amazon.com I have had good luck there lol, but any other suggestions? and hurry up with the suggestions I want t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
marok on
fourby

Saitek X52 Flight Control System

I've just been looking at and reading about this system. It looks awesome, but I know that performance and quality can't be judged on looks. I've been using the Saitek Cyborg Evo for awhile now, and even though I've no complaints, I was wondering if anyon...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tanart on
PanAmerican

Virus

I was looking through the FS2004 Aircraft section when I got a warning that said: "Virus Warning. Very high risk potential." Anyone else had this?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PanAmerican on
azabro

Graphics Cards

Hi, I am currently using my pc's default G/C, and have now decided to upgrade, does anybody know of any Good, AND affordable G/Cs that i could invest in? Thanks!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
ceetee

Monitor Interference

I am getting lots of interference when I use my RF Airband radio scanner near my 17" Dell CRT moniter- does anyone know why this is and how I can fix it? As soon as I turn my moniter off, my scanner plays perfectly fine, it just wines and crackels anyw...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ceetee on
ceetee

Is this safe?

I have two HDD (Hard Disk Drives) installed in my computer, with "C" drive being the primary one, with both windows and Flightsim installed on it. More recently I have added a new "E" drive. What I want to know is, will it be safe to install new scener...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ceetee on
PanAmerican

Windows Defender

Here is a Windows Defender. It will scan your computer daily, and check for Viruses, Trojan's, Spyware, and othe crap that people put on the internet. http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx I'll be sure to update this ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JarJarBinks on
ceetee

Got a new HDD

I just bought and had installed a new 120GB hard drive yesterday as a slave HDD on my PC. I already had a 80GB HDD but it was about 95% full and I could not defrag it unless I had 15% free space. This morning I set about transferring some video and ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ceetee on
amermel

Cheap DVD drive

I'm looking for a cheap DVD drive that will run FSX. That will work with my operationg system WIN 98 not 98 SE just 98...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
-Jester-

My new Computer2 (its offical)

Hey guys, I finally picked out my last part last night April 18. the parts: :drool: AMD Athlon 64 3800+ 1GHz HT Socket 939 Processor ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe ATX AMD Motherboard CORSAIR XMS 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Dual Channel Kit System Me...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
-Jester- on
Solotwo

I keep running out of Virtual Memory, ARGH!!!

Well I've finally narrowed down my problem I've been having with FS9, as in I couldn't do more the one flight in a session, until now it never told me why it would shut down, now it tells me FS9 has to shut down because my system had run out of Virtual Me...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
ceetee

Got new RAM and need help ASAP!

I went down to my local PC store and got myself a 1GB stick of RAM, plugged it in at home, and booted up my PC only to be told "There have been significant hardware changes been made and you must re-actiavte windows xp" Problem: I have already used my ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ceetee on
pilotguy44

best settings

what are the best settings on my video card options for smooth surfaces and faster performance (better framerates)? for example.. my screenshots show some jagged edges.. whereas i've seen other screenshots with extremely smooth edges. what should m...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotguy44 on
-Jester-

My new computer

Just some of the parts so far: ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Motherboard AMD 64 3800+X2 SAPPHIRE Radeon X1900XT COOLMAX CX-550B 550W Power Supply And 3 Gigs of ram if anyone can reccomend a good CPU and Hard drive that would be awesome. So what do you ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
jeffb57

ch yoke prop lever problem

i am having a problem with my prop lever on my ch yoke usb. when i pull out a little on the prop lever, it goes out alot and only moves a small amount after that. sometimes, after i try calibrating the yoke, controls the aircraft as if there are only two...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jeffb57 on
redbud-x-

need software for sidewinder force feedback 2

lost my cd ,where can i get another 1 or down load it from...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Liono

New nvidia driver's

Recently released driver's for Nvidia http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_84.21.html...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Liono

Hiding those annoying computer wires away

Does anyone have any good ideas to hide the wires away inside the case? As they are abit annoying. Liono...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tazz126 on

mouse pointer probs ,flt sim 2004

my problem when in flight deck mode the mouse pointer flickers so fast it is in pos to fix on switches etc,this only happens when cockpit is up and runnining.any other time all is well, renewed mouse=microsoft wireless laser 6000 made no diferance,install...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
tazz126

flight sim yoke

can some one tell me how to program the swiches on a flight sim yoke pluse a throttle quadrant-also will the throttle on its own without a yoke or pedds attached as my yoke and pedds are analoug and my throttle is usb please help ps sorry for the spell...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
ianm1

programmable keypad for MS flight sim

hi I recently saw a colour coded keypad for all those controls on the keyboard that are impossible to remember. i can't recall what it was called, anyone help, and the website? thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
tomthetank

Spyware and Trojans

Grab a free scan and removal of any nasties lurking This found 4 items on my PC and removed them 😉...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PanAmerican on
switchdoc

Buy yoke in Denver area

Hey all, I realize I am unlikely to get a hit on this, but nothing ventured, nothing gained, as they say. I've been wanting to buy a yoke and throttle type controller set but I am having a difficulty. The difficulty is that I don't want to buy ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
JVD

Is liquid cooling good ?

As you may know I mentioned earlier on that my PC was making funny noises. So I decided to look at a new PC and seen as it may be the fan making the annoying sound, I decided never really want a PC with a fan again. So i been think along the lines of gett...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hinch on
FAE/FAS

graphics card for fs2004

WHAT GRAPHICS CARD IS THE BEST TO USE FOR FS2004? with all the realism...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
atreyu

looking for a cable

hi my laptop has an s-video out plug and i am looking for a cable that i can plug into a tv with the rca imputs. i don't know what it would be called so i could really look for it, thanks for helping if you can....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
sonicninja

Virtual Memory

I have just installed some custom flightplans and now when I run FS9 after about 20 mins it shuts down saying my computer has run out of virtual memory and to use disk cleanup, which i have tried but the same problem occurs. I have over 180gb of free s...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sonicninja on
atreyu

soundcard

does this look like a good deal for this sound card? I'm going to try to spend $100 or less on one, so let me know if this would be good for the money or if theres a better one....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on

new game controller...

Hi, I'm looking for a new controller to obvisouly fly in fs9 😂 I've been looking at the ch yoke, which looks awesome! But one question about it. Does it give you ability to move the plane up and down too? I've also been looking at the Saite...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Rick Lee

AMD Athlon 64

Hi folks, I'm in real trouble and would appreciate any help you might extend. Installed an AMD Athlon 64 today. Brandnew boxed, onto brandnew A8N-SLI Deluxe mobo. Fitting the CPU in it's socket went as smooth as cutting cream. Installing the heatsink...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
sonicninja

New PC Problems

Hi, ive just taken reciept of my new pc today and after adding all my addons and aircraft etc i found the the pc having problems running FS9. Firstly, i cannot see the aircraft in the creat a flight section unless my screen resolution is 800x600??? ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sonicninja on
bark9mad

will my note book work -

will this laptop be able to drive MSFS 2004/2 at all? i dont expect stellar performance (ie id be happy to set detail sliders down but id like decent framerates so the i dont do little 'time warps' everytime the stupid thing stutters ....) any adv...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

7 pages with 331 questions.

previous1234567next
Page 5 of 7