General: Hardware

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

ranald

problem with new PSU

I ordered a new 600WATT PSU to come with my new x850XT 256MB graphics card both have arrived but when trying to install the PSU I noticed a problem I only have a 20pin motherboard and the PSU has 24pin :x can I still cennect it and not have a problem or d...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ranald on
GoneGolfing

Bye Bye Nvidia

After going thru 2 nvidia cards in the past 3 weeks a GeForce 7800 GS 256MB and a GeForce 6200 256 and very bad performance, i sent them back to nvidia with a love note and picked myself up an ATI x1600 pro 512 and i am very impressed at the performance a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GoneGolfing on
minicaptain

[ Poll ] external hard drives

hi everyone, just wondering, does anyone know if i buy an external hard drive(cos my pc only has 10gb memory so i want to boost it) is it simple enough that really you just plug it in to your pc? and if so, will it act like an internal hard drive and s...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Wing-man

Saitek launches the Aviator

Saitek launches the Aviator – the first dual throttle joystick for modern flight simulation games. Works with: Windows® 2000, XP and XP64 USB conection. http://www.saitekusa.com/uk/prod/avps3.html...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Liono

nvidia latest drivers

For those that are interested. Nvidia have released their latest driver. Nvidia 91.47 drivers Release Highlights: * WHQL Certified. * Adds support for NVIDIA Quad SLI, GeForce 7600 GS AGP and GeForce 7100 GS. * Includes the new NVIDI...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
Liono

Silence your PC

I don't suppose many people look here apart the usual lot. but here, It’s quick and easy to reduce the noise from a PC without spending a fortune Silence your PC...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
RadarMan

The Intel Core 2 (Conroe) Chip

The Intel Core 2 (Conroe) Chip-what I've been waiting for. They are finally back in form and have blown the socks off AMD. The new board that they have to come out with should be a fine piece of work after the Crossfire disaster. I would like them to...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
KenTel on
ceetee

Onboard Soundcard Issues

I have an ASUS P4V533-MX motherboard which uses an onboard "VIA AC'97 Enhanced Audio Controller" soundcard. I used to have an old Create PCI soundcard, but I removed it as I no longer required the old style joystick port it had, which was the only reas...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Munkeh on
Liono

Sorry Nvidia, you got owned

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/X1950_Series.html 650MHz ATI Radeon R580+ Core (X1950) - 2000MHz GDDR4 Extreme performance memory 😳 😳 :drool: :drool: Looks nice...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
violentviolet

Joystick Issues.

Every time i load up FS9,i have to calibrate my joystick,which really rattles my cage!! Is there something that can be done to solve this little dilema?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
violentviolet on
meylan

ATI FPS number in corner of screen

Hi, Today I've downloaded the radeon omega drivers to see if it stops fs9 from crashing. I just want to know how do i get rid of the fps number in the right hand side of this screenshot?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
meylan on

Will my system run DirectX 10?

Pentium D 3.00Ghz (Dual Core) 1024MB RAM nVidia GeForce 670XL 250MB hard drive space Will this be able to run Direct X 10 and also will it be able to run a 64BIT Operating System, like Windows Vista? Thank you...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
dannyboy2005

Will a 64 bit processor work on 32 bit OS

I'v got a Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Toledo Dual Core Processor and it is a 64 bi. I'm running cp home (which runs at 32bit) and i'm wondering if the os will work with my processor. Will i get only half the processing power wth a 32bit os? Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Alpha1flight

I am new to FlyAway

Hello I am Alpha1flight an I am new to FlyAway. I have download many flight sims but can not run them is there a special way to load and run them. I have bought the Red Barron Ace and had know trouble loading the software and with some practice became pre...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Alpha1flight on
Liono

Water Cooling

Over the next couple of months I'll be saving to go down the route of water cooling as to try and keep my lovely PC as quite as possible. I'm looking at this one 5th one down. Does anyone else here use water cooling and what's it like?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
atreyu on
Liono

Boot problem

Good Morning/Afternoon or Evening, Since late yesterday my PC won't boot. When I switched it on I get the POST beep and then the bit where I can go into the BIOS comes and then it freeze's. I can't enter the BIOS at all. I have the following ASUS A...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
Wing-man

Keyboard Problem.

Hi guy's 😉 I'm having a keyboard problem, and wondering if anyone has had the same or knows of a solution ? When typeing, the letters appear ok, but just as an example, when I want a (@) I get a (") so I have to type (") to get an (@) and visa ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
edr1073 on
JarJarBinks

comp freezes

hello ive been suffering from my PC for years now ever since i installed the first game 🙄 ....i cant remember when...but every game ive got it freezes the only game that doesnt freeze is Age of Empires the games that freese are DeltaForce BlackHa...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
pilotwannabe

Keyboard Problems?

Hi, I am having a weird very frustrating problem with my keyboard. Whenever I type text the letters become jumbled, meaning that I have to constantly make corretions. For example...below is the sentence that should read my name is Richard and I come fo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on
PanAmerican

Spyware Remover

I recently found out that I have spyware on my computer. For some reason Norton Anti-Spyware, Spy Sweeper, or Ad-Aware SE Personal are able to locate it. I remember a while back that RadarMan (I think) gave me a link to a program called Ewido. I'm not sur...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Mc_GaNgStA on
patw

New nvidia 91.31 driver

Release Date: June 23, 2006 Don't forget to remove you old one first before new install http://www.nvidia.com/page/home.html P....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CaptDennison on
Liono

New nvidia drivers

They havn't put them on the main download section yet, but heres a direct link to their download server. Nvidia Drivers 91.28 Be warned they are over 48MB in size....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
pilotwannabe

Windows 2000 Question

Hi, I have recently installed Windows 2000 professional on my laptop and am the only user. So I was wondering if there is any way of turning off the log-on screen where it asks for a password. I had to set a password upon installation as it didnt give ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on
PanAmerican

Stop & Go

I was flying the Default Boeing 737-400 into KMSP. I had a perfect glide-slope the whole approach. Then, this is what happened: I was 500ft off the ground. The sim stops, and then starts again. Now my plane has crashed into the ground. I've had this happe...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
cheechm

GeForce 7900GTX

Hi, On the nVidia website it states that the 7900GTX will be good enough for Vista. I am building a computer for myself (which will apparently be good enought for Vista) and I was wondering if I should get it. I decided to think of getting an overclo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cheechm on
tomthetank

Older Nvidia card users

If you have the latest drivers from Nvidia have you tried out the Nvidia Control panel that comes with it ? If not, try it, Open your PCs Control panel and you will find it in there, open it and click on the 3D Settings,then appearance Have a little pl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
crypto74

profiles for Saitek X45 Controls

Can anyone tell me where I can download some profiles for Fltsim 2004 aircraft for the X45? crypto74...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GuestWhoNeedsHelp on
Wing-man

ATI & NVIDIA Video Card Tweak Guide

Came accross this, should be useful to some. 😉 The list of cards is at the bottom of the page. http://www.sharkyextreme.com/guides/hwGuides/article.php/10709_1463741__1...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Ponder

Using Sidewinder steering wheel pedals as rudder control

Hello all, I'm afraid this question even sounds stupid in my head so please don't laugh at me! Basically, I have an old, 1st Generation USB MS Sidewinder FF Steering wheel, and a Logitech Wing Commander Joystick (Real top of the line stuff, I know ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
ghowards

FS 2004 Gameport Yoke

I have a CH products Flight sim yoke on my gameport but the chang8 driver will not work. The brake is stuck on when I go to fly. I am running windows XP with a dell GX240. The only drivers that work are the ones that do not have a throttle feature or t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
marok

X52 Flight control system

Hey everyone I was just wondering where would you all reccomend me getting my X52 flight controll system at? I was thinking I would get it off amazon.com I have had good luck there lol, but any other suggestions? and hurry up with the suggestions I want t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
marok on
fourby

Saitek X52 Flight Control System

I've just been looking at and reading about this system. It looks awesome, but I know that performance and quality can't be judged on looks. I've been using the Saitek Cyborg Evo for awhile now, and even though I've no complaints, I was wondering if anyon...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tanart on
PanAmerican

Virus

I was looking through the FS2004 Aircraft section when I got a warning that said: "Virus Warning. Very high risk potential." Anyone else had this?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PanAmerican on
azabro

Graphics Cards

Hi, I am currently using my pc's default G/C, and have now decided to upgrade, does anybody know of any Good, AND affordable G/Cs that i could invest in? Thanks!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
pilotwannabe

Virtual memory

Just had a message come up on my computer...apparentely i'm low on virtual memory :fear: What does this mean and what do I do becasue at the moment windows takes ages to recover after I close FS :cry: Thanks 😉...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on
ceetee

Monitor Interference

I am getting lots of interference when I use my RF Airband radio scanner near my 17" Dell CRT moniter- does anyone know why this is and how I can fix it? As soon as I turn my moniter off, my scanner plays perfectly fine, it just wines and crackels anyw...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ceetee on
ceetee

Is this safe?

I have two HDD (Hard Disk Drives) installed in my computer, with "C" drive being the primary one, with both windows and Flightsim installed on it. More recently I have added a new "E" drive. What I want to know is, will it be safe to install new scener...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ceetee on
PanAmerican

Windows Defender

Here is a Windows Defender. It will scan your computer daily, and check for Viruses, Trojan's, Spyware, and othe crap that people put on the internet. http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx I'll be sure to update this ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JarJarBinks on
Liono

A neat little program

Found this nice program called CPU-Z. Have a look at the following screenshots. You can download it here. This is ideal for people whou like to overclocker there PC's. CPU Cache Motherboard Info Memory Slot's Computer Info You ma...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Liono on
ceetee

Got a new HDD

I just bought and had installed a new 120GB hard drive yesterday as a slave HDD on my PC. I already had a 80GB HDD but it was about 95% full and I could not defrag it unless I had 15% free space. This morning I set about transferring some video and ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ceetee on
amermel

Cheap DVD drive

I'm looking for a cheap DVD drive that will run FSX. That will work with my operationg system WIN 98 not 98 SE just 98...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
-Jester-

My new Computer2 (its offical)

Hey guys, I finally picked out my last part last night April 18. the parts: :drool: AMD Athlon 64 3800+ 1GHz HT Socket 939 Processor ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe ATX AMD Motherboard CORSAIR XMS 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Dual Channel Kit System Me...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
-Jester- on
Solotwo

I keep running out of Virtual Memory, ARGH!!!

Well I've finally narrowed down my problem I've been having with FS9, as in I couldn't do more the one flight in a session, until now it never told me why it would shut down, now it tells me FS9 has to shut down because my system had run out of Virtual Me...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
ceetee

Got new RAM and need help ASAP!

I went down to my local PC store and got myself a 1GB stick of RAM, plugged it in at home, and booted up my PC only to be told "There have been significant hardware changes been made and you must re-actiavte windows xp" Problem: I have already used my ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ceetee on
pilotguy44

best settings

what are the best settings on my video card options for smooth surfaces and faster performance (better framerates)? for example.. my screenshots show some jagged edges.. whereas i've seen other screenshots with extremely smooth edges. what should m...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotguy44 on
PanAmerican

Computer Crashed. Need Help fast

I was about to log on to the internet when my computer crashed. Now, I can't my screen resolution any higher than 640x360(Before crash it was 1024x820). My color quality settings will not go any higher than 4 bits. And a . is the size of a dime on my comp...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PanAmerican on
-Jester-

My new computer

Just some of the parts so far: ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Motherboard AMD 64 3800+X2 SAPPHIRE Radeon X1900XT COOLMAX CX-550B 550W Power Supply And 3 Gigs of ram if anyone can reccomend a good CPU and Hard drive that would be awesome. So what do you ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
jeffb57

ch yoke prop lever problem

i am having a problem with my prop lever on my ch yoke usb. when i pull out a little on the prop lever, it goes out alot and only moves a small amount after that. sometimes, after i try calibrating the yoke, controls the aircraft as if there are only two...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jeffb57 on
redbud-x-

need software for sidewinder force feedback 2

lost my cd ,where can i get another 1 or down load it from...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Liono

New nvidia driver's

Recently released driver's for Nvidia http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_84.21.html...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

7 pages with 330 questions.

previous1234567next
Page 5 of 7