General: Hardware

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

mcmxl

mcmxl's New System

I just put together a new system I bought off of tigerdirect.com. It has a PCChips P23G V3.0 motherboard with a built in sound card and graphics card. I have a 200gig hard drive and 1gig of RAM, and a Celeron D 352, 3.2 Gighrtz. It runs great except it...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Michael_H on
mampy

CPU

Hi continuing the CPU thread I am about to build a new PC and install FSX will a Celeron D356/360 be ok or Pentium D900 series ( tight budget ) your thoughts please. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Michael_H on
lenin

is this good?

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/product/seo/387563 is this a good PC for running FSX well and other games well (without glitches and things.) thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Michael_H on

Building a computer and need help

I was thinking of building a computer with help from a friend. But still deciding on parts for it. I was wondering if this computer will run FSX pretty Well and run fs9 too. Here are the Following Specs: CPU: (Socket AM2) AMD Athlon™64 X2 6000+ Du...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Michael_H on
legos4me

Saitek Yoke (August Release)

Has anyone heard about the new Saitek yoke that is to be available in August? I'm wondering if there are any previews available to comment on how it compares to the CH yoke. Here's the link to the new yoke: http://saitekusa.stores.yahoo.net/profl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
belgeode on
dannyboy2005

Should this run fs2004 with no glitches?

I'm planning on an Upgrade. IF i plan to upgrade CPU will i notice a more, quicker game play. E.g. Ground textures dont take a while to load and uk2000 scenery dosn't hold down my FPS. I'm Planning to get: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Skt939 2.4GHz 1MB P...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dkt3 on
dkt3

g force

hey guys is the navida gforce gtx 8800 the best graphics card right now?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dannyboy2005 on
toffaha

IBM laptop Cintrino 1.3 GHz, 1 GB RAM, 32 ATI Graphic Card

Hi, Will this specs be OK to install FS 2004? Thank you. Adnan...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dkt3 on
dannyboy2005

Installing a Internal card reader?

Hi, anyone know how to install an internal card reader. One of thoes 35 in 1. Product came with no instruction manual. Thanks (Installing it to mobo: ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe if that is any help?)...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dannyboy2005 on
VALERIE CLARK

GREEN CAST ON MY PRINTS

my epson stylus PHOTO R240 is good. but my prints are displaying a slight green colour cast even on grayscale prints. i have tried different ink cartridges but no good results. help, please....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Gromits

Pitch wheel controller + extra switched and slider...

Hi, Anyone looking for an innovative bit of kit look no further! This is a pitch wheel controller. Also has some extra configureable switches and a slidder for trimming. Plug and play no problem with Vista and FSX http://www.ghproducts.rhys-hurn.com...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Gromits on
HardLight

Selling my PFC Jetliner flight yoke!

The wife has put her foot down and has instructed me to sell my PFC flight yoke. So if anybody in the UK wants a real bargin (no reserve) check out ebay. Sorry for the blatant plug! Regards, Will...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
HardLight on
Pappy55

What CPU & GFX Card?

Hi All, I am looking at upgradeing again very soon.. Current Build AMD 64 3800 2GB DDR 512MB ATi Radeon X1800 200 GB SATA I have been going AMD & ATi for years now. Today I have been reading up all morning and now I am in delimar.. I ha...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
RadarMan

Latest from Tomshardware about Video Cards.

Take a look at this. http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphics_2007.html?modelx=33&model1=706&model2=722&chart=290 :radar:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
dannyboy2005

Dual Core Processors FS2004 USING Vista (Ultimate)

Hi I have read the post about using FS2004 on a dual core processor: https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/21628/dual-core-processors/ The problem is: I have Vista Ultimate and i have tried doing the same thing, and nothing happens, sti...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dannyboy2005 on
Spoty101

CPU temperature

i downloaded this Motherboard monitor which measures ur cpu temperature and my CPU temp is 32 degrees, all I have is like 3 main fans and how can that lower the cpu temperature to 32 degrees, do u think its something faulty with the motherboard monitor?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Charlie10 on
HardLight

My New Yoke

Hi Guys, Just managed to win one of these Yokes on ebay: https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/24076/my-new-yoke_9bfee773c428508a638d1f95d94644cd.jpg Should have in it in a few days. I am hoping to use it with my Saitek x52 th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Charlie10 on
morton.douglas

URGENT please read. DFS opinions,

I urgently need your opinion on a new product of mine for my A level ➡ Hello i have recently finished a new and innovative product, which i have dubbed the DFS or "Desktop Flight Sim" As such it is a compact and neat flight simulator that s...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Bob-Ski

I just finished doing an update

:cry: I just finished doing an update and I’m now thinking I may have made a mistake with the CPU. Current (just done about 1 month ago) GeForce 7800 GSOC APG 8x/4x 256MB GDDR3 card and a new PRC-INT-P434ET Intel Pentium 4 3.4GHz 800MHz S478 OEM. I ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bob-Ski on
punko

Switching axis, is it possible?

Hi I have a racing wheel with pedals, The wheel is the X axis (left and right turn), and the pedals are the Y axis. Im using the pedals for rudder, they work perfectly, and im trying to use the wheel for trim 😀 , but when i tried to map the a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Tailhook

Multiple Monitors

Matrox Graphics eXpansion Modules Building on the innovation of their high-performance multi-display add-in boards, Matrox has developed Graphics eXpansion Modules (GXMs), a new line of patent-pending technology that allows you to add multi-display sup...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
RadarMan

1000w Power Supply

Enermax Galaxy 1000 Watt PSU Fascinating read, I will get this one, good brand and resonable price. :radar:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
RadarMan

How Much of a Power Supply Do you Need?

Fill out both sides of this form and see how much power you need to run your machine. Always figure more than they say. http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculator.jsp :radar:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Charlie10 on
RobertoR

Giving Simkit cockpit instruments for free

For everyone who may be interested: I built a small cockpit panel with Simkit instruments and other hardware. I do not use it since a while because I have no time for it, so rather than trashing everything I would give it for free to to first one that ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Mark Dean on
Davidicus

Stop Error

I am having a problem with fs2004. Every so often (after 10 mins) of playing fs2004 it crashes and restarts. When it has restarted It tells me that my system has recovered from a serious error - a stop error. now i knew that a stop error is very bad but w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
jarred_01

Overworking CPU question

Hey guys, I brought a new computer a couple of months ago with a 3800+ processor which up until a few days ago, was running perfectly. Since then, I've had a problem where the CPU usage suddenly goes up to 100% for no apparent reason. The computer c...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on
djcevera

just finished my very first build

well i did it built my first pc with no experience.. it really is as easy as they say..given i only ran into a few problems that i was able to fix in the bios. but this is what i got amd athlon 64 3200 939 pin 2 gig of memory 350 watt master power p...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
djcevera

how to copy hard drive

is it possible to copy an existing hard drive including the operating system save it to a disk and install it on a new blank hard drive located in a different pc?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lbierre on
darrensen

How do i see FPS?

Hi, Easy question i guess.... In FSX how do i view the FPS in game? Thanks Darren...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
ranald

FS9 FPS problems help appreciated

hey guys Im having a bit of a problem well I think it is a problem I recently purchased a new motherboard , a P4P800 to be exact, so I could get my X850XT 258MB working cerrectly as there had be loads fo problems with it performing before. Anyway e...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
BananaBuzz

nVidia driver settings for FSX

I have duel 7900 gs boards in sli and core 2 duo an two g ram, can anybody tell me the best way to configure the forceware settings for FSX, default settings @ 1680x1050x32 and all settings to ultra (not all the time, I change em alot, but not looking for...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
BananaBuzz on
Remyx

CPU or Video Card limited ? What to upgrade first?

Hi, my current setup is working OK with FS2004 but could be faster. I ran FSX demo with high quality graphics and the framerate fell to 10-12fps. Now I am wondering wether an upgrading the video card will help get more decent performance, or if I am...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Remyx on
mark1234

Computer recommendations

I am planning to purchase a new computer when the new Vista operating system is released on Jan 31/07. Since I am more of a computer user than techie I would really appreciate some suggestions on what type of computer you think will give the best perfo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
azabro on
grouser

Jeppesen FS200AC

I have a Jeppesen FS200AC PC FLight Counsel but Jeppesen reports they don't have the software for this anymore. Anyone have information about finding this software? Thanks Grouser@alltel.net...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
grouser on

Buy custom built or package computer??PLEASE READ

Please could someone give me some pointers.Im going out this week to look for a new computer.My maximum budget is £700.Ive been looking into packages from places like pc world.Then i came accross a few internet companies that custom build for you.I was w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sox2x on
earthqu8kes

graphics card location

i am looking to upgrade my laptop for the first time. i am wondering where the graphics card is located if anyone knows. the laptop i am looking to upgrade is a Dell Inspiron 600m....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
trailnut on
MichaelDenmark

Problems with FS2004 and X52 setup

Hi everybody... I've just bought the X52, but can't figure out how to do the setup... I did dwnload the setup from Saitek.com, but it this setup isn't exactly what I am looking for. So here are the problems that I've encountered...: 1. How do I get ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Thunderbirdman2 on
Flykid

Saitek X52 vs Logitech 3D

Right now I have a Logitech Attack and it's good for CFS but only because you throw the throtle to 100% and thats it. For FSX it sucks. The buttons are place badly for a regular plane. So I started searching for a new joystick. I've narrowed it down to th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flykid on
atreyu

Question for people playing fs on widescreen monitor

how do games look with a wide screen monitor? does the picture get all stretched out?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
atreyu on
Chris102

PCI Express

I just got a new graphics card! Unfortunately, it's a PCI Express card, and I don't have a PCI Express slot on my motherboard. Is it possible to add a PCI Express slot to it?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Chris102 on

Joy Yokes, Pedals, Throttle Quadrants

I have all of the items listed above, I love them. I use the Yoke setup the most but I keep the joystick for helicopters and aerobatics in the Extra 300. 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sinr56 on
n9xv

ProSim package PROP controll

Hi, I have the "ProSim" package (peddals & yoke) from CH products. What a whole new world in FS2004 with this stuff! I noticed that the PROP controll seems to fall short of the necessary "travel" to increase RPM to the FULL or HIGH RPM level. All ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
n9xv on
verygom

dell goes "quad core"

Where will it end?? SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Dell Inc. (Nasdaq😀ELL - news), the world's second-largest personal computer maker, said on Wednesday it started selling machines with microchips from Intel Corp. (Nasdaq:INTC - news) that have four p...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
verygom on
Loko

which video card?

Hi, just bought fs 2004 and was wondering which video card would run it best, i currently have a ge force 2 on a pentium 4, 2.4 with 512 ram, this ran 2002 really well with full graphics, on 2004 i have to turn the settings to medium to get it to run at...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Liono on
harryh31

flight simulator 2000.....suitable graphics card

hello, I'm new to flight simulator.......being shortly presented with F.S. 2000 software. My operating system is Windows XP Home COMPAQ PRESARIO MODEL S 5500 UK PROCESSOR AMD ATHLON XP-3000+(2.17GHz) H.D. 120 GB SEAGATE RAM 1.00GB ( 2 x 512 ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Meyaln on
Remyx

New monitor - wide screen or 4/3

Hi Guys, I am about to purchase a new monitor and would need some feedback on how well FS runs on widesceen monitors. The models I am considering are: - 19" 1280x1024 (4/3 aspect ratio) - 20" 1680x1050 (widescreen) I have never used FS o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
-Jester-

7900GTX drivers

Hey guys, I am in a small problem. I recently got a new comp and do now wish to purchase Windows Xp for my OS, so I just went with VISTA RC1 until full release. But there are no drivers out there that I know of until now. I checked out the Nvidia site ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
ranald

bad problem with x850xt

I got a new x850xt 2 days ago and have just installed it but there is a big problem. Everytime I load a game it crashes straight away ❗ I made sure everything was cennected cerrectly (PSU ect ect) but still crashes, I reinstalled the latest drivers...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ranald on

AMD 64x2 OR Pentium d

Ive heard that amd runs games better than pentium.Then someone on this site helping me make a pc choice said,go for penyium daul core i.e pentium d.Would anybody with this experience comment on this. Also what packages are there for around £650 £700. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
cheechm

Dell

Hi, I have an old Dell Dimension 8200, which has 256MB of RAM in it. I thought to my self, why waste the memory, when I can put in another one of my Dell computers. Here is the question: Can I take the memory from my Dell Dimension 8200 and put it into...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cheechm on

7 pages with 330 questions.

previous1234567next
Page 4 of 7