Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Kmacda2nd

Multiplayer hosting

How do you set up a session? I seem to be able to create one. I have a briefing room. I can start simulation from the briefing room. But nobody else can see or connect. Thanks. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
tstan

FSX steam add-on scenery help (windows 10)

Hi all, I fly for a US cargo company and recently purchased fsx steam (windows 10) with Logitech yoke/throttles, rudder and switch panel to get my 12 yo son and 14 yo daughter started with flying while they're at home due to the virus.  I have been unabl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tstan on
Piper6XT

Questions and I paid for the Pro Account

I am curious how the search works? I searched using 8 monitors with FSX and nothing came up,but hundreds of non relevant posts? I have tried different words, sentences and nothing relevant comes up based on my search? I have other questions relating...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
carloslegorreta

Free Mesh Global 2.0 ???

I would appreciate the help on this, I've already tried what other topics in the forum state. I' ve installed each continent and patches folders in the /Add On Scenery and /Add On Scenery/scenery folders, using Add Area and following the blank space rule....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
carloslegorreta on
Stevep1992

in flight voices

hi flyers i was just wondering if there is any addon for fsx to get cabin crew and co pilot voices like on the fsx missions? thanks in advance...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
gxsmith

Virtavia A4 Skyhawk fsx-se missing autopilot panel

Hi guys, I recently bought this plane and the dlc that comes with it. When I booted it up there were a few 2d panels, GPS, Radios and Autopilot. The first two work fine however the autopilot panel is blank, the popup square is there but no autopilot.I can...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
gxsmith on
johnnymac123

fsx or steam download

can I download fsx or steam program? I cant find my copy of fsx please  ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
PinevillePilot

Hours not logging in logbook?

What could be the problem with my logbook? none of my flights are logging....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Inigo

Default CRJ-700 aircraft cfg file edits not taking effect

I'm having problems with getting my edits to the default CRJ-700 aircraft cfg file to take effect. I made edits that added a few new camera views and I added some repaints as well. Neither are taking effect and only default liveries show up in the aircraf...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
PaulDB001

fsxcncrd Concorde

As soon as I take off and raise the nose and landing gear, the palne crashes. No other aircraft in my library does that. Please explain what I need to do. Thank you. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
timmyn71

cosmic girl boeing 747

THE B744_VIRGIN_COSMIC shows in my aircraft folder fsxse but it has not installed in simulator itself. every thing with the copies and pastes to the effects and sound ext what am i doing wrong...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
helo27

Aircraft Textures not showing on some Aircraft

I've been having some trouble with some of the Aircraft I've downloaded. While their files transfer over to the correct placing. I find when I check to see if they're appearing in my Steam Flight Sim X; They're showing up as devoid of their textures, appe...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Ailerons Stuck

Ailerson Stuck

Downlowed RIKooo enhanced DC-3 and ailerons stuck in up (left wing) and down (right) position when plane cold dark and same when plane is hot and flying - but plane still flies ok. Just curious if there is a way to fix.  I read some the STEAM forum an...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Plane not showing in list

AeroHeaven B17 I stalled but not showing up in FSX SE

I bought a AeroHeaven B17 from SimMarket and downloaded it via a "Direct Download" link.  As with previous aircraft I have successfully used the DDL and I ran the installer and sent it to SteamApps>common>FSX>DLC folder and clicked install but ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
yvrjml on
VC panel

VC panel doesnt show up on poskey 737 in fsx

Downloaded the opensky 737-800 american airlines and the virtual cockpit is mising on fsx. Looked in panel folder and it has alias 737-800. What is wrong? Should use default 737 panel but is just a blank screen with terain only....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Enko on
fuelie67

How do I install a aircraft to Fly away web site

How do I download and install a aircraft to my Fly away web site as a paid customer so I can simulate flying...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
poolboy80

FSX Steam Downloaded Repaints

Hi Folks Is anyone able to help.  I am not abel the to get the majority of the repaints I download to work. I am following instructions on the files but they will not show up in sim. I hace put the cfg for the 737-800 below and the file structur...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Enko on
Mark in WY

File location- Steam FSX payware

G'day- I recently downloaded a payware F4 package from Steam, but it didn't include a panel.  I found a suitable panel and downloaded it.  Problem- I can't locate the F4 package in the FSX/Sim Objects/Aircraft folder.  The F4 and it's variants appears ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Daraious

TORONTO CITY CENTRE AIRPORT - ILS ISSUES

Has anyone encountered issues with the ILS for RWY 08 at Toronto's Island Airport? I have tried multiple techniques, using NAV alone; using GPS to line up correctly then switching to NAV and APR hold etc. Nothing seems to work. Tried it in several airc...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Enko on
arunjaisingh

Unable to open Flight FSX in my Windows.

I have downloaded the Flight FSX inmy windows OS. But i am clueless how to install and open it....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
DrakeB10

Altimeter issue

Whilst flying ifr in a default 737, the atc makes me says I am below or above my assigned altitude. I keep pressing b and entering it manually but the same thing happens....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
enko on
DrakeB10

Default A321 Seatbelt Sound file.

I downloaded the patch from https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/3215/fsx-default-a321-fixes-and-new-sounds/ , it discarded the default seatbelt sign sound. I backuped the a321 folder and I dont know what the name of the file is. I am going to t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Enko on
Maureen. Caliendo

FSX: Steam Landing Lights Switch Won't Stay On

I can't seem to engage my landing lights either 10M feet or on final. The switch flips down then up immediately. Any suggestions!!! Thx...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
shadower on
bighunter

Orbx scenery and FSX FreeMeshX Global Terrain Mesh Scenery

My question is, will these 2 sceneries work together or will there be some compatibility issue?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
yaboikid33

FSX steam not running fsx wont open

Every time i try to open fsx it keep saying steam is not running SOMEONE HELP! :evil:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kevinmoran1992 on
DrakeB10

Help! My $90 Madcatz joystick is not working for fsx!

My joystick had been working fine for a year now, but now it does not work for fsx, it works for xplane but not fsx. I recalibrated it and it said it was fine, it still did not work... Please help...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
cruizen

how to install scenery in fsx steam

Hi, I am having a problem installing some updated airport scenery in fsx steam. It appears that the files added to the 'Addon Scenery\Scenery folder Don't appear. Could some body help me out please...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Jean MORLAND

RFN Carrier Gauge

Hello! I use FSX Steam edition, and turned recentely to carrier landing. I downloaded AICarrier. It works fine. I downloaded RN carrier gauge I installed on the Fouga Zephyr. It works excepted that I cannot select any carrier in the selection menu. The...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
glhaynie

Scenery CFG file error

As FSX ( steam edition ) opens I get message box's that say----------------Scenery.CFG file error. Invalid remote scenery path in scenery area . 127 . Click OK to continue. Can I see this scenery path and fix it,? or do I need to delete scenery area and ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
avioncumotor

where is the control panel for United 757-200?

Hi! I downloaded United 757-200 file but i cannot see the control panel and tail view. did i do something wrong? Can anyone help me? Thanks!!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
LTCSZ

Moving FSX-SE?

Hi: Several months ago, I mistakenly installed Steam FSX-SE to my "C" drive...Operating system is installed there...Now, as you can imagine, the drive is filling up, almost full...Is there any easy (?) way to move FSX-SE to another drive without uninstall...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Charles Schweitzer

FSX User Defined Weather Stops?

I fly for a VA and use the "User Defined Weather" to provide either rain or snow. We use the VAFS system and points are given for landing in bad weather. After setting up the FSX weather, the rain or snow many times shuts off at destination airport. M...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Robbo7811

ILS Issue - landing too the right of the Runway

Hi. There, Been having a few issues with ILS appproach for landing where n final the aircraft at 2 locations was right of the runway, I checked the ILS frequency and headings as they were as written on the World Map. What am I missing as this has been...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
john tansley

Microsoft Flight Simulator FSX

I wonder if anyone has had the problem of water covering scenery, ground level and how can I remove it, please? :cry:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
DonkeyChainsaw

World Of AI Downloader error

Hi everyone, When i want to run the WOAI downloader i receive the error: Error loading package list from WOAI web site: Can not set up a secure SSL/TLS channel. Does anyone here know how to fix that? Tanks in advance...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
gvcooper

Adding an airport using the "Addon Scenery" folder

I am using FSX Steam on Windows 7. I have downloaded the "Brisbane West Wellcamp" update from the FSX AFCAD files page. If I follow the simple directions in the readme it doesn't work for me. I've spent hours reading posts that relate to this pro...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Th3Scop3DJ

Joystick doesn't work anymore - throttle

I hope someone can help me. I have a Thrustmaster T-flight stick X which worked fine with Microsoft Flight SImulator X (Boxed version). Today I bought the Steam Edition and now my throttle slider doesn't work anymore. I deleted FSX SE, updated the latest ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dannoga on
St. Martins addon package

Subject add on package problem with st. Barth runway

Package great in fsx steam except when landing runway 28, a grey rectangle becomes visible above the runway and you crash if landing on the runway below the mysterious runway lookalike rectangle. The package is self loading. Anyone with this problem and...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

GSX compatible with Steam edition FSX

does GSX work with the Steam edition FSX?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

Problem with addons

Hi all, after extensive use of FS2001 and FS2004, I went on to FSX, but the Steam Edition one. Now, after clocking many many hours, as usual, on the default planes, I would love to put some new aircraft in. So... came here, look for nice looking plan...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
ellisdee

Is there an FTP site?

Just wondering if there is an FTP site that you could Batch download Scenery files here on AVsim? EllisDee...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Panel alias

Airplanes with alias panel config.

As an example I just installed a Boeing 737-700 into my Steam FSX Airplanes directory. The panel does not show. The panel file reads " alias=B737_800\panel". I have the B737-800 in the same directory but can't get it to work. Any ideas on what I am doing...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
emgarcia69

WOAI INSTALLER EXPERT

Have FSX SE, can not change anything or delete Since nothing shows up on the file. Tried everything and nothing. I have Windows 10, the WOAI installer have delete it and re installed it and nothing. Also everyone talks about the WOAIDATAX file???? Can’...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
vancook

Wilga sound

I downloaded the Wilga package but have no sound. Vancook60@gmail.com...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Mattxxmm

can't install missions

Could someone please tell me how to install a downloaded mission from flyaway into fsx steam? Has this ever been documented? Where do I find my mission folder on my pc? What is the path for this?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
scorpio48

VFR. Photographic or default?

I haven't used FSX since before 2015 {As my subscriptions on This web site will show} and as a pensioner I have forgotten most of the stuff. Question :- After re-downloading my Steam edition, I noticed I have a few automatic Pay Ware added. One of these...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
scorpio48 on
DrewTIM

FSX:SE Airshow Demonstration Team Recruiting!

Hello! I am Andrew, Flight Leader, from the FSX White Arrows, and I hope you will take the time to join our airshow demonstration team! We ask that you are a legal owner of FSX Steam Edition, have Google Hangouts, and are willing to take the time out for ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
DrewTIM on
Cilon3

FSX cockpit textures issue - please help

I'm new to FSX and I have a state of the art PC using Nvidia 1080ti graphics card. I am flying the Boeing 737-800 (and all other planes) and the cockpit always looks horrible. I downloaded the update from the downloads section and some of the screens lo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

Best free add on helicopter for Steam FSX

I'd appreciate recommendations for the best free helo that you might recommend.....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on

FSX SE add ons

I am having extreme difficulty adding aircraft to FSX Steam, even payware from Captain Sim - freeware will not show up in the game, and I can't get any file path to show up in Captain Sims install wizard. I am using Windows 10. Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
stnmltn on

5 pages with 206 questions.

previous12345next
Page 3 of 5