Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

zedigital

FS:SE in root c: ?

Can I install FS Steam Edition in root c: instead of program files? Does the version of Dovetail games differ from Valve? Can I install FS Steam Edition in root c: instead of program files? Does the version of Dovetail games differ from Valve? I'm using w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
zedigital on
Motherbrain_37

Disabling engine damage in config (Hughes H1A payware)

Good evening. I recently purchased the Hughes H1A payware aircraft and even with "engine stress causes damage" unchecked in the settings, it will still die and crash even when I keep my RPMs low kind of like the default P-51 racer. I suspect this is a fea...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
wilfrano

Ai carriers and RFN gauge

Hi. New computer with windows 10. FSX steam edition working fine. Install of all add on downloaded aircraft OK. Problem: cannot get AI carriers, or RFN gauge to install . Both these programs, I have had installed on my old computer with windows 7 and FSX...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Philip Palmer

First step recommendations

I have recently purchased FSX SE. I am a very novice flyer so as I was going through the mission the “out of the box” product was fine. Now that I have completed all of those, I am looking for recommendations on what you would suggest for the first ad...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
Robert Ellis

Wilga Windows

I've just downloaded the 'Wiga' package, and the aircraft are fine from the outside, but, from the inside, all the windows are solid black with no outside view. Can anyone help me with a fix for this, please? I'm using Windows 10, if that has any impac...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
howsik998

Having Problems Getting Support!!!!

I followed a link to the Fly Away site to buy a REGISTERED copy of FSUIPC and a message before I downloaded prompted me to pay for an account which I did. I am not getting any reply from Fly Away support after submitting a support ticket a week ago for ge...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
Alan Bergman

booting up FSX

When I try to boot up FSX I get a series of messages saying scenery are not found, and I have to repeatedly click to get to the sim. Can anyone help?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Namakemono

Major graphics and performance bug

Hi Yesterday i tried to play FSX for the first Time since half a year. Everything was fine but when i did the settings and started to load in the game it was lagging very hard and the graphics were like this: https://imgur.com/a/ndPSU https://imgur...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Namakemono on
Bobn

Cargo door operation

Hi. I have downloaded an A319 from this site. It has an operational cargo door. Can anyone suggest a keyboard command not in use to open/close it? Also, how do I get baggage trucks to load/offload at the cargo door? I have the 'world of AI' (freeware...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bobn on
Jim Lynch

Buying the Stean edition

I own the first basic version of FSX. Just how different is it from the Steam edition ? I hesitate to recommendation the Steam edition to a friend if I cannot help him with it. He's not very good with computers and he's going to need help. Is the performa...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jim Lynch on
Birk H.K

Can anyone make liveries for my VA?

Can anyone make liveries for my VA?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Birk H.K on
Giovanni cardoso

put virtual cockpit in 727 vistaliners models 100 and 200

Hello gentlemen, I would like to know if any of you could put the virtual booth 727 tom ruth 727-100 and 727-200 models of vistaliners, because even trying several times I didn't get success and I would very much like to have vistaliners 727 with virtual ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
MIKE MCCARTHY

MISSING "FLY NOW" BUTTON

HI. in my fsx se in free flight the "fly now" button is missing. no way to start a flight. dovetail games was no help. didnt have this issue with boxed fsx. mike...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
jeff61059

Texture issue

if there are any Texture Pro's out there.... My FSX:Steam seems to be missing a texture. All the "particle textures" i.e. smoke, waves, boat wakes, wingtip contrails, and "off runway" dust and tire debris have been replaced by black squares and ribbons. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Texture black smoke on
rayfry

ifly747-400v2

Simshack no longer has this product for sale I cannot find it on there. Ray Fry....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
scenicNY

Addon scenery install help

Hello, I just install the Logan airport scenery for FSX: https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/7550/fsx-logan-international-airport-scenery/ and am having trouble installing it. I did exactly what the page told me to do, and copied the BGL file to...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Radial9

MAAM DC3 on Steam Work??

Getting back into flightsimming after a few years pause (work). Retirement is right at hand. Been flightsimming over a decade, mostly flying DC3's. Building a nice dedicated system for it. 64bit P3D is just too tempting to pass up. I thought the hobby wou...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
ZaxPower

Aleutian Islands Ekranoplan

I haven't been able to find the Ekranoplan in the Aleutian Islands supply mission...I've tried looking in various bays and inlets, but it just hasn't shown up. Has anyone seen it? where can I go to find it? Is it before Chernofski or closer to PADU? ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
Johnno

FSX-SE new aircraft

I'm very happy with my recently installed FSXSE, running fine on W10. I've read yr info on installing new a/c but it doesn't work for me. I can d'load them OK..... they appear in the 'aircraft' list, but they just ain't there in the game! My path is......

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
michaelrh04

EGCC terminal buildings offset.

At Manchester Airport (Lancashire, UK) all of my terminal buildings are offset. At Heathrow and other airports they are not. I do not have any addon scenery installed at all of my knowledge, but I do have the PMDG 777-200LR/F package and FSpassengers ins...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
rayfry on
SonicHawk

FSX Water Texture Problem

So I've been having an issue in FSX:SE recently similar to a problem that was in FS9. Upon reaching high altitudes (around the point where contrails form), rough water textures would load on the horizon, thus resulting in ugly jagged boxes and obviously u...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
cobra44

aicarriers.exe

Can someone tell me if this program works in FSX-SE?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

ifly747 repaints

I have downloaded some repaints for the ifly 747 but they will not show the texture in fsx even when the they were for the ifry 747-400 I have no problem installing and editing the cfg file with other aircraft in fsx....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Prabal Shrama

ADD-ON Planes & Custom liveries not working/showing up.

Hello, I recently bought FSX steam and after playing for some time, i tried to install other 3rd party Addon aircraft to FSX Steam. They dont show up (nothing at all) in my aircrafts. (These work perfectly with my friend's FSX Steam). I also tried instal...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
Teodor

Can't Enable Speed Hold Auto-Pilot in FSX Steam Edition

Hello. I've recently started to play FSX and I've encountered a very annoying problem. When I rotate my 737 to the air, I can't enable the Speed Hold Auto-Pilot. This is really bad because when I don't activate it I'm always at overspeed or too slow and s...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Noah Pitts

Multiplayer com system is not working on steam

I got Microsoft flight simulator and I headed directly into multiplayer, I quickly realized that i couldn't hear anyone and nobody could hear me. I have tried everything, port forwarding, sound settings, new mic, button changing. I can't figure it out. I ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Skittzo

Poor FSX ground detail

Is there an addon or a way to get higher resolution and detail on ground scenery? I currently just fly around Las Vegas while I get used to using FSX. The strip hotels look GREAT! However, once I leave the strip area the neighborhoods (houses etc.) look p...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
minisa

iFly 747-400 Operations Manual

Hello I have downloaded iFly 747-400 V1.1.0.0 for Microsoft Flight Simulator X and now I can not find the .Operations Manual with 330 pages Can you tell me where I can find it Many thanks Michel (from Canada)...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
estreetah

KEVV scenery

Since the release of FSX the Evansville, Indiana Airport has gone some changes and runway realignment. I have tried to fix the airport using a program, but can't get things to work right. I sort of can figure it out, but have no idea how to set up the n...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Accelor

Edited panel and A/C CFGs

Hello I have been away from fsx for a time. I just purchased the SE addition and have been trying to get things like radio stack in F18 and v1 vr v2 in 737 800 that require editing cfg file. Well they are not working. ? Should they or am I doing someth...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Saitek TPM

SAitek TPM Driver

Group: I have the Saitek control set up for a Cessna 172, including the TPM (push-pull) component. Everything works fine, except the TPM. The as-issued drivers do not work. Does anyone know of a driver for this unit that will work???? All help app...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
David McGuinness

How do I install aicarriers on FSX Steam edition.

I am able to use aicarriers on the normal FSX but unable to instal it on the Steam edition....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
YonSchim

Always Stops Adjusting Scenery Objects on 80%

Hi, I bought FSX a few months ago and just decided to start playing recently. When playing in free flight (that's all I've tried), no matter what airport I choose, it stops loading on 80% 'Adjusting Scenery Objects'. It doesn't advance past that, and I ca...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
airjambo

FSX simconnect problem

Hi, I'm running FSX Steam Edition on Windows 10 and have just downloaded flyaway 747-400 and when I click the installer it gives me the following message: Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.12 Looking in registry for FSX install path: HKEY_LOCA...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

compatibility

Will this FSX and acceleration work on Windows 10?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
quobebrew

Fly Away Simulation Addons compatible with FSX Steam Edition

I have downloaded a couple of Add-ons for Flight Simulation X Steam Edition. The problem is I can't figure out the installation directory if it is compatible at all because the Steam Edition only creates a shortcut of the url on the desktop and does not d...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
quobebrew on
Trouble scrolling

Can't seem to scroll the runway list in ILS setup

I've been trying to setup an ILS approach using the stock Beechcraft with the glass cockpit. When I try to scroll down the runway list in Proc, nothing happens. Any ideas? Do I have to set up the mouse some special way?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Djlammerspilot

They are multiple objects with the the samen title name.

Hi guys, Installed some traffic in the flight simulator today and yesterday and i had every single time the following error: They are multiple objects with the the same title name. They must have unique names. And than all the planes i've instal...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
airbus x extended

airbus x extended

I have fsx steam edition on Windows 10. I wanna to buy Airbus x extended, but i think that it's only available for Windows 8/7/vista, and not for steam edition. Am I right? Can I still buy it for flight Simulator x steam edition, in Windows 10?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
airbuss on
CA90290

FSX A6M2 ZERO IN GREEN GAMO Install Problem

When I install this everything appears to work except I do not see the interior of the cockpit and therefore no gauges. I get all other views. I followed the instructions by copying the "Green Camo Zero" folder into the Airplanes folder. I then opened th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CA90290 on
robertbarrett

Manual for SR71

Is there any manuals for the XSFX Blackbird for FSX Steam Edition...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
jimbob13904

Missions, won't load

I am using Flight Simulator X, steam edition. The menu shows missions, but when I click on it, it shows no missions. When checking the mission file, outside of program, they are all there Jim...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Waynejake

Steam V/S FSX-Why is it better?

I have fsx now but intrested in getting Steam. I read good and bad which is normal I Guess for peoples different tastes. I am an Instriment Rated Pilot and enjoy making approaches to new airports. I get my plates from flight aware so I have everything ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fizwalker on
Teodor

Thanks for responding and solving my problem!

Thank you for your attention and patience to respond and solve my question. I really appreciate it! 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Michael2

Radar contact with steam FSX

so the first time after installing RC i launched fsx. i tried to select opitions and it wouldnt do anything, when i exited. a runtime error popped up and RC closed. after that even when i run RC the chat window will not pop up...please help? i miss it....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

C 340 won't appear after down load

I'm having trouble loading the Cessna 340 into Steam FSX. I,m using windows 10. Is this an issue? The file downloads but the airplane does not appear. I downloaded the program into a FS downloads folder in FSX. I then had two folders, Custom Cessna 3...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Michael Metcalfe

Steam messed up from the beginning Help make it easy

took 20 + hours to download started to install got an error message steam must be running to play this game steam initiation failed. went to get valve support can't get into support and have been getting run around. what is wrong?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Alex1591

Fsx steam edition - 737 ngx pmdg help

Hi, I've recently purchased the 737NGX. Install went fine. Installed simconnect as advised with SE edition. Loaded aircraft, all works fine with cold and dark start until about 10-15 minutes into the startup of aircraft when keyboard shortcuts no longer w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Ben Wisdom

David C. Copley P-38 VC problem???

Hello Everyone. I've just downloaded David C. Copley's Excellent P38 Models. After much trial and error I've managed to get most of them (Downloaded and installed everything but the racer model (F, G, H, J, L, M, N, XP38, XP38N). My main problem i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Ben Wisdom on
usair113

Stair truck in FSX Steam

I'm looking to download a stair truck for FSX: Steam. Any ideas wheregarding I can get one? I do have a stationary stair truck file but no program for placing it. Anyone know any good object placement programs for this?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

5 pages with 206 questions.

previous12345next
Page 4 of 5