Other forums: Off Topic

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Chris102

eBay Addiction?

Is there such thing as an eBay addiction? The reason I'm asking is because I'm now buying about 2-3 items per day on eBay, and my family thinks this qualifies as an addiction....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
leachus2002

And if you saw this.......

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jarred_01 on
jarred_01

ATIS Question

Hey guys, I was looking at the latest online ATIS at Coolangatta airport (Australia) and found this info on it. I put a screenshot below so it is easy to see. Have a look where it says 'light ra and reduced vis to w of the field due an isol ts'. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jarred_01 on
Liono

What are your plans for NYE

I'm heading upto the NEC in Birmingham for a 10hour rave hosted by slammin vinyl ➡ www.slamminvinyl.com This is going to a brilliant night out. What's everyone else upto?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
Jared

What did you get for Christmas?

Well what did you all get. Well here is what I got that is aviation related. Flight 1 Pilatus PC-12 CD Flight Video Productions PC-12 Flight Video Aerostudios ATC Simulator 2...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
originalgrunge on
Micah

xbox360

hi guys, i have just ordered one of these, with promised 24 hour delivery. Does anyone else have one and if so what do you think, and what game should i get first? Micah 😉...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Micah on
jarred_01

Merry Christmas!!

Hey guys, Considering that it is Christmas tomorrow (well for NZ anyway :wink🙂 I thought I would take the opportunity to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a safe and happy holiday break! 😎 Many thanks to all the posters here who ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jarred_01 on
atreyu

Building a computer for gaming

hello, i am thinking of building a better computer for gaming. here are the stuff i picked out. i am new to building computers so some of the stuff might not be compatible or sumthin. please tell me if there is something else ill need like cables and thin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
sylvan

SPAM emails

Recently I've been getting SPAMed from my private email address. The culprit is using Hotmail but every time a differant account so I can't block it. Anyone know what I can do to stop it as the topic headers are really close to the knuckle and I don't ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
Tailhook

What's the difference...?

What is the difference between : a) re-installing Windows OS b) re-formatting the HDD ❓ Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Greekman72

Vitual Radar.

I make a deal with dear Santa to bring me the follow as a gift... 😉 ➡ http://www.freebytes.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=611...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
jarred_01

Buy your own base station flight tracker

Hey guys, Browsing through aviation magazines at the local bookstore I came across a couple of interesting products in the advertisement section (I think it was the english pilot magazine). It receives signals from transponders just like the ATC rad...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jarred_01 on
Liono

Desktop wallpaper

I know this has topic has been around before, but I think this should be updated every so often. So for the month of December post your desktop wallpaper. Here's mine...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jarred_01 on
Greekman72

FLYAWAY CLARION edition 2.

THE FLYAWAY CLARION Edition: 2 Publishers: Jarred_01 & Greekman72. ##################### GENERAL INFO - The Screenshot Gallery was last updated on 14 of December. - The newest member here is ZACK99 since 14 of December. - Last ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jarred_01 on
Micah

[ Poll ] Antivirus?

Hi Guys, At the moment i am using McAfee as my virus program. i used to have Norton, and it has to be said that i always felt far safer with Norton, so i have just bought their internet security suite to install. I was just curious on what antiviru...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ranald on
Fire_Emblem_Master

FEM to play "Der Metzgermeister" in Mock Rock '05

Yes, it is true. FEM's drama class is having a "Mock Rock" Where you pick a song and lip-sync to it. I picked "Mein Teil", like the one in my sig image. I have on a chef-coat, blood drips from my mouth as I sing, and my pappy made me a 15 inch aluminum "k...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Micah on
sonicninja

Plane Graveyard

What a sad sight for these old "war horses" HARRIER JAGUAR SHACKLETON HUNTER LIGHTNING BUCANEER If I win the lottery this weekend I will buy all these and put them in my garden and install a 32" TFT and new pc in all the cockpits and ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
SamIntel

Christmas/airplane song

A friend sent this to me: Twas the night before Christmas, and out on the ramp, Not an airplane was stirring, not even a Champ. The aircraft were fastened to tie downs with care, In hopes that come morning, they all would be there. The fuel truck...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ceetee on
sonicninja

RANK STRUCTURE FOR SITE

How many posts exactly are there for each promotion?? Ive been a member since Nov 03 and finally i reached Chief Captain today 😀 . :groupwave: Mind you I have been away at sea on my submarine a few times during this period, but then someone has...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
Greekman72

FLYAWAY INFOS & NEWS.

THE FLYAWAY CLARION ##################### GENERAL INFOS - The Screenshot Gallery has been updated until 2 of December. - The newest member here is Aguilaavg since 11 of December. -...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jarred_01 on
sonicninja

Some Flying Jokes

Heres a few jokes to put a smile on everyones face 😀 A plane was taking off from Kennedy Airport. After it reached a comfortable cruising altitude, the captain made an announcement over the intercom, "Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captai...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Micah on
sonicninja

RAF Bucaneer outside garage

Heres a great idea for any spare aircraft from the Royal Air Force:- https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/10327/raf-bucaneer-outside-garage_e6faff75318307bcc423b82b861b67f9.jpg This Bucaneer sits outside the "Bucaneer Garage" in El...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
robbier

satellite

Hi guys! i was wondering if any of you know of some satellite feed (like so i can see my friends house), but not google earth, but live satellite feed, so i can see him walk out the dorr or something? thanks, robert...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
sonicninja

Flyaway Sales Room

I think it would be great to have a sales room on this site for selling old/unwated Flight Simulator software/hardware. What do you think to that? I personally have quite a few bits n bobs that I would like to sell on and im sure a few members of this ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sonicninja on
Greekman72

My new Airline Company.

I have made an advertisment for TV for my new AIRLINE COMPANY. Enjoy ➡ http://s48.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=26U701I3MM4XW0ZPPGW891NR56 *Requesting Parentally Consent....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
Oberkomando

Sukhoi Bureau or MiG

What company would you bet on foreign, under license aircraft construction?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Tartanaviation

Corsica/Corse - Some Nice Photos

I went to corsica two years ago and it has never left my head. I thought that the landscape was breathtaking and the scenery as well. When i am older i would like to go back again and pay a visit, although i saw most of this small island during the summer...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Liono

Sad news in the papers today

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005570186,00.html...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
WarHawk42 on
Steven99

What flightsim for an older computer?

I've got an older computer and I'm thinking about getting a flightsim. What would you recomend? CPU:600MHz (Intel) 256MB ram 32MB video card 40x cd-rom 9.5GB hard drive (huge!) OS:ME Thanks for any advice. (I don't mind buying secondhand luckly!!) ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
jarred_01

'Mayday' Series

Hi there, Has anyone here seen the documentary series called 'Mayday'? I remember seeing the series on TV here approximately a year ago. Does anyone know if you can buy the series on DVD/VHS? Thanks, Jarred. 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jeter on
Liono

Left-Right conflict

Look at the following words and try and say the colour and not the word. YELLOW BLUE ORANGE BLACK RED GREEN PURPLE YELLOW RED ORANGE GREEN BLACK BLUE RED PURPLE GREEN BLUE ORANGE Have fun :twisted: :twisted: ....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Micah on
MeatBall27

FS10?

OK ok so FS9 was alright, anyone know anything about the upcoming FS10? ❓ ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JVD on
chopper911

What plane is this?

What type of plane is this?❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
atreyu

windows xp media center

dose anybody here have windows xp media center? if you, is it any better or different than xp home?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
KLM007 on
mypilot

joystick went crazy

SamIntel and I raced again today, and when we were landing (:lol🙂, when I disengaged autopilot for the first time on the flight I had no force feedback, and the joystick was slow in responding, (also I had to land in like 1 mile visibility with th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Fire_Emblem_Master

Lung cancer

Hey, FEM's gotta do a thingy on lung cancer for school, but he can't find out the percentage of the population affected by it. I'm looking for something like "Approximately one out of every 300 people are affected" or some stat like that. Anyone ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
supra guy

MFS 2006

hello, I was wondering when microsoft flight simulator 2006 will be realesed? If you don't know the exact date, do you know a time, such as early 2006, mid 2006, or late 2006? thanx in advanced for the help. 😎...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
beerbadger on
mypilot

screen name

If you have an AIM screen name, please post it here. Mine is hawkjgc...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Insight on
verygom

Red Bull Air Race - World Series

Anyone been watching this series on TV or, if lucky, at the various locations round the world?. Absolutely 'on the edge' aerobatic flying by some of the best display pilots from around the world during the 7 races - the last just been held in San Franc...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
flyer80 on
michlin

It's a boat... it's a plane... it's - I gotta have it!

Hydrofoam 😎...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
Fire_Emblem_Master

FEM needs help

Guys...I'm afraid my relationship with the girl is over. This is the last I will ever speak of it...please insert something nice and comforting because I'm freaking out everywhere......

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
jarred_01

Emirates purchases 42 777's

I read this morning that Emirates have placed a order for 42 Boeing 777's, which comprise of the following: 10x -200LR 24x -300ER 8x - Freighter Cost: US$9.7 billion 😕 News releases can be found at the following: http://xtramsn.c...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jared on
Greekman72

Screenhunter Problem.

Hello my friends. I have a problem while im using Screenhunter 4 Free for my screenshoots in FS. When i hit the F6 that i use for hotkey the FS stops running and minimized and i have to maximize it from the toolbar and hit ''P'' in order to disable pa...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
Fire_Emblem_Master

Can you settle a dispute?

Hey guys. I've got a dispute going on with a buddy of mine. My friend claims that if someone got pissed at him, and wrote him an email telling him why they're all pissed off and how they never want to see them again, he can file charges and prosecute. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
Greekman72

FYI.About Windows XP SP2 Firewall.

I share with you an official answer from Panda Hellas(Panda Antivirus) that recently gets a colleague of me about Firewall problems. The translation from Greeks is from me... :cry: 😉 Subject: DISABLE WINDOWS FIREWALL Dear Mr ....... ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
WarHawk42 on
Fire_Emblem_Master

Umm...new news

We didn't break up. Her MOM actually hung up the phone. So yeah...we talked it all over and everything is ok now....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jarred_01 on
Asendeir

Suggutions

Hi! Today I think Suggutions Should Be Made. My Suggution Is That Food Should Have Fat And Calories. Cake=10 Fat -15 Calories Choclate Cake=20 Fat -30 Calories Shrimps= -5 Fat ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sylvan on
Insight

The day behind the huge favour

For those of you who haven't seen the competition thing... I bought Becky a photo shoot for xmas last year and she had the pics taken in October. We picked one to be entered in the competition. but anyways, to the point.. i wanted to show off Be...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
atreyu

ikernal problem

hey im trying to install this program but when i click to install it i get this error message i have already did what they said to do here but it didn't fix the problem http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108247 thanks for the help again g...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Insight on
fourby

Beach Landing

Q......... " Is the hotel and beach close to the airport " ??? A......... " Sure is " http://www.killsometime.com/video/video.asp?ID=30...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Page 24 of 26