Other forums: Off Topic

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

PanAmerican

Downloads here at Fly Away

I've recently downloaded a few planes from this site. For some reason I get download speeds of 72.0kbs a second. I expect higher download speeds. And to make sure that this site wasn't busy, I came here at 2:00am last night and downloaded the same stuff. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
jarred_01

Making a Kiwi fly :: From 0.0 hours to first solo...

Hey everyone, Every one of us at flyaway is here for a reason - either an addiction of flight sim or aviation (such as me), or simply for the aviation hobby. Whatever it is, most of us would love to be able to fly an aeroplane in real life, whether it ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jarred_01 on
Liono

Windows Vista Beta 2 available

Just on the Micro$oft website and came along this http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/default.aspx Thought that some people might want to try it out!!!!!!!!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Liono

Sabine Schmidt in a van at the Nürburgring

The transit van around the Nurburgring ring. BEWARE THIS CLIP IS JUST OVER 10MINS LONG and needs RealPlayer to view. Sabine Schmidt in a van at the Nürburgring...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
jeffb57

poem

hey, does anyone have the full version of this poem, or know what it is called? here is the first part "Oh! I have slipped the surly bods of Earth, and danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings...." thank you...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
-Jester-

Does your cat....

Alright, so today after I came home from school, I put my schoolbag on the floor and took my loose change out of my pockets, along with the change came my stick of Doublemint chewing gum that fell on the floor infront of my cat... And low and behold she s...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
A320 Ba CPTFord

Remember this show from the 80's

Hey Everyone, Does anybody remember this Tv Show from the 1980's i'm only 16 but i have got the whole collection at home. I have also downloaded this For Fs2002 and FS9 Anyclues what i could be talking about? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Faucett on
SteveT

Planning to buy a Digital Camera

Hi peeps! I am planning to buy a digital camera but I am not sure what one I want. I would like it for plane-spotting therefore taking detailed pictures of aircraft. By saying this I would like one with a good zoom and one that shows good detail ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SteveT on
ceetee

Where did Tailhook Go?

I was just thinking I havn't seen any postings from Tailhook latley. I searched his username and found he hasn't been around since May 8th ➡ Does anyone know where he has been?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
tomthetank

SPAM

SPAM I know we have a problem with these idots,but please do not reply to these messages and dont whatever you do click any links that they provide We will delete them as soon as we can Sometimes we get lucky and they post as we are online and we get t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hms_endeavour on
crosscheck9

Amazing pilot -- RIP

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13147788/?GT1=8211...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hms_endeavour on
JarJarBinks

Remote Control Simulation

hey all does anyone here fly remote control planes? Apparently when i go back home from vacation there is supposed to be one waiting for me. but if anyone has takin this up as a hobby its quite enjoyably NOTE: if you are a beginner buy Trainers.....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hms_endeavour on
tomthetank

Low flyers

Today Just another normal day in the Brecon Beacons,i had been driving around and decided it was time for a bit of a break and perhaps a quick 40 winks,https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/16075/low-flyers_26b5815781620bb67e90749536fa46...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hinch on
atreyu

new pictures from phoenix sky harbor (better quality)

well last thursday my new camera came (nikon D50) and i wanted to try it out at the airport so on saturday i went and here is what i got. i didn't get to many cuz it got hot fast out there. tell me what you think because i think these are better than the ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Oberkomando on
JarJarBinks

Jagged edges

helo everyone is there a way that i can get rid of the jagged edges on my game it gets annoying sometimes. do i need to upgrade my video card get a new video card what...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JarJarBinks on
tiger7881

Cheeky its for you.

Hey man, listen i was trying to send u a message but it didnt work, so i thought i would send it that way. Listen i am very amazed b ur pics, u have a realy nice pics with good grafic card. Can u tell me what ur computer performances and what progra...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ceetee on
jeffb57

poor guy

http://ebaumsworld.com/2006/05/headhitbyplane.html...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
JarJarBinks

changing E-mail

hey all i was wondering if you can change your E-mail because when my account was first made my sisters boyfriend used his E-mail address but they got divorced or broke up they were engages for 5 years and were dating for 7!!!!!!!!! but he was a jerk so ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
HiFly2

Help!! Can anyone demo their system??

Hi Flight Simmers - I need some help/assistance. ❓ My local school, based near Salisbury, UK wants to put on a flight simming afternoon on 24th June - and because I'm learning to fly they thought I would be the guy to sort it for them - hahaha...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
HiFly2 on
JarJarBinks

antonov at denver

when I flew into Denver Saturday I noticed and ANTONOV-225 at a Parking Ramp and it does not appear to be in current use. it seems as though it is a display or something, so if it is on display then someone please tell me why....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
NoWorries on
Jamier

Airline 6

Does anyone have/play this? Im on it alot and pilotwanabe always says he goes bankrupt and cant post a profit. I find this impossible ot do lol as i only need 2 aircraft and i post a nice profit (even when i have rubbish HUBs) Does anyone else have any pr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on
antone

Pilotless plane joke

Twenty executives board an airplane and are told that the flight that they are about to take is the first-ever to feature pilotless technology: It is an uncrewed aircraft. Each one of the CEOs is then told, privately, that their company's software is r...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
antone on
Oberkomando

GTA IV!

Hi guy i just heard that rockstar is going to release GTA IV!. check this article about it. I love this game. Sorry for posting this off-forum topic. :cry:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Oberkomando on
Oberkomando

Guzer...Super low fly by...

Guys when i tell you that this fly by is low i mean LOW!! 😳 http://www.guzer.com/videos/low_fly_by.php...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
Liono

Find the HOFF

Check out this sunset scene. Lurking amongst them is none other than Baywatch and Knight Rider super-perm, David "The Hoff" Hasselhoff. Find the HOFF...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
oreo005

surclaro

PLEASE HELP!!! I've been waiting for my acount password FOREVER!!! and it never comes i even tried making other accounts and the password NEVER came!!!! Please help because i want to download some of the add-ons they have!!!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
HelpsJ

Any one fly in concorde

Did any of you ever fly in concorde ❓ My grandad helped in the design of the fuselage, never got to fly in it though...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Oberkomando on
Insight

DJ Insight - Tonight! Internet Radio set!!!

Don't forget to tune in again please chaps http://breakpirates.com/tunein/ 9 - 11 oldskool hardcore business 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Liono on
Insight

Saw something odd yesterday

On my way home, i stopped my bike and took a quick shot of this: excuse the pic quality The sign said "COME ON ENGLAND" as there was an England B game at the majesky (sp?) stadium in Reading. I have never seen a helicopter tow something like t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
hinch

some very poor jokes

since there is a terrible joke below, have some of mine: what do you call a man with paper trousers? Rustle ------------- what has 2 legs and bleeds a lot? half a cat ------------- k, that's enough 😛...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JarJarBinks on
hms_endeavour

Mayday call

hey guys, Can anybody send or find me and mayday call from a plane and the atc controller's answers that I can listen to or download?I need it for a vid and I couldn't find any....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hms_endeavour on
oreo005

Advertising for Flight simulator 2004

How would you advertise flight simulator 2004? Here's what i would do. I play flight simulator 2004 so much every day. When I started (wich was about January, 2006) I couldn't stop playing it! It was so much fun, When my parents tell me to get off...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
antone on
Wing-man

Get Ready for Windows Vista

To qualify as Capable or Premium Ready, PCs must meet or exceed the following requirements: http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2006/may06/05-18GetReadyPR.mspx Just to add, you can run Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor beta to see if your machine...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Wing-man

No Direct X 10 support for Win XP

Looks like even more money to shell out. 🙄 https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/15704/no-direct-x-10-support-for-win-xp_549f8841b8e5bcf8d420b82d5be56179.jpg...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
KEEGAN

spanair

has anyone heard of spanair are they a good company and what planes do they fly i`m travelling with them on my hols...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Oberkomando on
oreo005

CAPTAIN!!!

I have become CAPTAIN I want to thank you all for being such good people to me! This is the best site I've ever been to (seriously). Again I know i could have been somewhat a dumb or crazy person, but i'm sure you all have grown to love me 😀 and...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
oreo005 on
ceetee

LOST- final episode from series 2

Does anyone else here watch LOST? I have just watched the final episode from series 2, and it hasn't really concluded much, but instead made me ask 1000's of more questions! So really weird stuff happened I would like to discuss, so if there are any...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on
oreo005

Trojan's Final Bow

For those of you who didn't see it... It's the Trojan Nuclear Power Plant being blown away. http://www.columbian.com/news/localNews/05222006news30231.cfm Click on the 'Trojan implosion video' wich is under the picture to see the video. Enjoy, hop...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on
hms_endeavour

US navy sea knight crash

Hey, does anybody know if the crew of this sea knight survived? It seems as if the helicopter was caught by a gust of wind just after missing the pad. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdlqCeQfGmo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hms_endeavour on
Insight

Funny eBay comments

LMAO this poor guy read the seller information list below the item description... takes a few mins, get better towards the end...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
NoWorries on
pilotwannabe

[ Poll ] World Cup 2006!!!!

So, who do you think is going to win ❓ ❓ Not long to go now ❗ ❗ 😉 :groupwave:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Flyboy92

INDY 500

hello everybody i have been absent from this site for a while due to my 8th grade promotion and all the end of the year work! I'm finally on SUMMER BREAK 😀 😀 😀 😀 anyways today i am off to go to the races in Indianapolli...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
CrashGordon

Fire at Ataturk Int'l Airport

Got this from CNN. -- Huge fire engulfs cargo section of Istanbul's international Ataturk airport, blocking air traffic, television reports say. I saw some of it on TV. Looks like a pretty intense fire....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Oberkomando on
Wing-man

A handy little (freeware) tool

I've had this installed and running for a couple of days now, thought I'd share it for anyone interested. FreeRAM 4.0 Now it includes system cache tuning! BySoft FreeRAM 4.0 (95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP) - FREEWARE FreeRAM is a program that frees up ram...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Oberkomando on
Insight

Greek / Turkish collision

😞 http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/5008178.stm sounds like an odd dispute.. but thats by the by, they regularly have "mock dogfights" it says? Sounds like the disputed 4 miles is a fighter pilot's play ground.. only this time they had...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Oberkomando on
hinch

discovery wings = a380

if you have discovery wings (sky 524) then this weeks schedule is pretty ace. just watching a program about the complex electronics and testing in the simulator. tis seriously interesting stuff 😳...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Oberkomando on
verygom

Red Bull Air Race

For those of you in the UK who are interested, but are not aware, the Red Bull Air Race is showing on TV ch 4 on Sunday mornings(early) . Abu Dhabi and Barcelona have been completed....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Oberkomando on
Faucett

live atc streams

Thought I'd post this site. I'm sure many of you know about it already or may have already posted it, but its just unbelievable. Very fun to listen to in-flight! http://www.liveatc.net...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Faucett on
Liono

Windows Media Player 11 Beta

For those that are interested than look here WMP 11 Beta...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ranald on
pilotwannabe

BHX pics

Hi guys!!! I went planespotting today at Birmingham 😀, it was raining as usual 😞 I just thought i'd share a few of my pics with you..... Let me know what you think 😉...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Faucett on
Page 18 of 26