Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

x pilot

fsx atc sound not working?

Hi guys, anyone got a problem with not being able to hear atc? voice volume and that is on high and cannot hear pilot voice or atc voice, all other sounds are good to go?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
x pilot on
Doyley

Pulling to right

Recently my a/c is always yawing to the right if I dont use a/p. As soon as apply thrust on the runway or take it off a/p for landing the plane pulls to the right making it a nightmare for takeoffs and landings. This problem exists in FSX and FS9. Ive ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GoodisonBlue on
swift607

Install problem - could I possibly have 2 disk #1s?

I purchased FSX yesterday (standard version) and I can't get it to install. Everything goes fine until about the halfway point on the progress bar when I get asked to insert disk #2. I put in disk 2, and it starts to begin another installshield session ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
MADMAX76 on

Microphone, should I get one? will it come in handy?

Hello, I am looking in to getting a microphone tonight, and I was wondering if it would be good to have in multi player, and is it more fun? thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
b3mmredm

Error Messages

I've just tried re-insatlling FSX and this just came up Error 1722 : There is a problem with this windows installer package. A programme run as part of the setup did not finish properly. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Why is this ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
armydust

HELP HELP. confused, and lost on fsx now!

hi i posted earlier, i am still having problems with my crashing after 20mins + / - or so... i installed fsx on my old machine and registered it, fsx did not run to my standard so i upgraded my pc with a new motherboard etc, kept my hard drive, reinsta...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
armydust on
armydust

fsx crashing the system after playing...

hi, i am running fsx delux on a 2 gig athlon ddr400 with a geforce 7600 graphics card and when in game play after about 20-40 mins my machine crashes, it a brand new pc. it was running hot, so i installed a super cooler fan on the cpu, installed anothe...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
armydust on
b3mmredm

What a Processer!!!

I was just on this website before getting a External Hard Drive and apparantly theres a INTELĀ® Core 2 Extreme Quad Core QX6700 (4 X 2.66GHz/1066MHz/8MB) processer. Thats a 10.64Ghz (i think) processer!!! I wonder what FSX would be like with that with al...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Llain on
SimmerGuy

Nav Lights and BCN

In the default Cessna 172SP, and other airplanes I am sure, the switch panel shows a rotating Beacon switch "BCN" and a Nav light switch "NAV". Both switches are functional when toggled with the mouse. I am setting up an external switch panel to dupli...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Llain on
miracleboy

Running 2 installs of FSX?

Hi guys, I had a question relating to running 2 installs of the game side by side. I wanted one vanilla to do all my missions etc on, the main copy; and then another which I could install 3rd party missions, scenery and planes etc - just in case it cor...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GoodisonBlue on
Karlw

nooooo one airport is missing in fsx

I have the standard version and megies is not there I fly to the city in chicago and look at a strip of land where this coll little airport should be but its not is this a glitch that happened im my insalation???...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Karlw on
mpan3

Create your own WinXP...

Sure we've all been removing and disabling stuff in XP: services, tweaks, patches, updates, to get the most out of our flight sim. But This gets tedious if you format often. Let me present you with a solution: This might be a bit off topic but hard...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
greystone on
Generic

Airplanes go up or down, why?

Hello, after taking off the ground and reaching about 6000 ft, my airplanes go up or down (airbus, boeing) when I center the joystick. I'm sure that my joystick is calibrated and I think it is not the wind. Can you help me? Any advice? Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Generic on
ChrisRyder

Inproveing FSX with scenary?

Im looking to suck out the best power i can get out of FSX, when it comes to downloading various configs or other scenary/textures/mesh's/google Earth this has seemed to free up reorces, Is there any web-site that explains this or what is best for my syst...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
navyredman on
GundamWZero

Okay, now that I have the Cargo Door Paradox licked....

Now I want to know how to open the main cargo doors on the 747-400 and other aircrafts. I was able to open all the doors and rear ramp on the C-130 a minute ago, and been trying to download a C-17 Globemaster III to try those doors (have anyone DL'd a wor...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GundamWZero on

What is more important Processor or Video Card

I am writing on behalf of my son who has been an avid FS user since he was 10. He now is 14 and only due to FAA rules would be a licenced pilot. He has over 30 flight hours . He has 2 computers . First is a HP a424 eith 2.6 Ghz pent 4 1 gig ram and...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Nitecrawler on
troytroy46

NO taxi route markings

I've don't seen to get any taxi route markings in any of the airports i select, ive tried every setting from the lowest to max but thay are just white boxes any help My pc specModel : MSI P4MAM2-V (MS-7095) Chassis Type : Desktop Operating System : ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
MrPilot on
lukemax

ILS line-up?

Hi all ILS line-up where the 2 purple indicators show, for some reason recently they have not been showing up! All Nav 1 is correct i know what im doing as i have done it many times before. Is it something to do with clearence to land????? Thx L...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
dkim17

Airline Pilot Addon? IS there one?

Is there something like "cargo pilot" except for Airlines? Like we start on a small airline pilot flying local flights and we go up? That would be so mega fun!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dkim17 on
Jimbo8615

X52 Profile please?

hi i was wondering if anyone has a good X52 profile for flight sim x. i know ive seen the link to the saitek site where the X52 flight stick is but i havent seen any for flight sim x. just 2004 and what not. if someone could help that would be great. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

Can't activate FSX

Hi, I got FSX Deluxe Edition for Christmas, after it had been sitting in a cupboard since release date with me not allowed to use it until christmas day, as it was a present from somebody (though in actual fact I bought it and they just gave me the mon...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
mike20022

standard plan's to delux fix

hi all I have the standard FSX and wanted the extra planes. I found out that all you need to do is to add the panel folder to the plane you didnt have to make it work. here is a site that has all the panel folders for the delux FSX just put the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mike20022 on

Playing fsx.

Hey, when I set the graphics to the highest during game play it gets really glitchey, slow, and seems to pause for a few seconds then goes back to glitchey-ness. Then when I set the graphics to medium low, medium high-ish, etc, it runs much, much, mor...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
markjd_uk

Lesson 1 In FSX

I am a newbee to Flight Simulator and probably just doing something stupid. I have flown lesson 1 (straight and level flight) to the point where the instructor suggests pausing the simulation before starting the second part of the lesson on the trim wheel...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SoCalRick on
jonnycash

Which Video card is goof for playing FSX on PC ?

❓ hey , i have a pc with amd and 1gb ram with 128mb video card but as soon as try to change the seetings from default to something better it slows down alot, any suggestions on a better video card thats not to hard on the pocket aswell....thanx alo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
flightsimer x

I DON'T UNDERSTAND I HAVE GOOD SPEC.

i amo not sur why fsx is not working right. if fsx's specs. are 1.0 processor and a 15 GB memory. i have a 1.7 GHz processor and a 512 mb of ram and i believe 80 or 60 GB hard drive. i do have a DVD drive. 915 GM/GMS 910 GML Express Chipset family ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
guest 12 on
pcmechanic

WHY DOES MY NEW J/STICK NOT WORK WITH FSX?

Hi all, Does anyone know why I can't get my new SAITEK CYBORG EVO WIRELESS stick to work with FSX? Please take a look at the link to clarify things... http://img179.imageshack.us/my.php?image=imagexwi1.jpg I have the latest drivers installed. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pcmechanic on
-Jester-

FSX COUNTDOWN

Hey I can not wait any longer and since we have 10 days until release (atleast from what I heard) I thought to start a countdown!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jetman35 on
SimmerGuy

Multiple Monitors - Problem

First of all, I am brand new to this forum, but have reviewed most of the topics searching for an answer to my issue. I hope my post is OK. I have FSX running well and installed a Triplehead2go on graphics output 1 on my Nvidia 7600 GT card. It is dr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SimmerGuy on
SNBelgianAirlines

Way to add addons to original FSX traffic?

Hello I've just got acquainted with FSX and in doing so I've downloaded a couple of repaints for the original 747 and 737 aircraft. These aircraft are also used if you activate the traffic function in FSX but they do not use the livery I added. I...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Gommy

Cargo/baggage doors

Hi, Can anyone tell me how u can open cargo/baggage doors and also have the ground vehicles approach them in FSX? (If it is possible) I have noticed on a few occasions now that the AI aircraft can open and close them and have the baggage and caterin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SteveToms on
Gommy

World-of-AI

I have recently uploaded most of the flight plans available from The World of AI site for FSX....Works a treat and very realistic aircraft, compliments of EVAI, AI-Aardvaak etc... I have a few issues though....and since the general support forum seems ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
HockeyDude2424 on
vvalo 1988

loading problem

i got fsx (deluxe) and it installed good and everything but when i click on the icon on the desktop it starts to boot fine and i agree to the terms and it goes through the senery loading bar and then when it says loading, it stops at 45% and my screen goe...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
navyredman on
joergen222

Baggae Trucks (read the keymap)

Hi all, i have read the kepmap and i know fuel trucks, but how do i get baggae/cargo doors open and baggage trucks around? Joergen...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
vincentrose on
Lukemaxxxxxx

Starting at gatwick Gate?

Hi all, is there anyway to start the flight at the gatwick parking bay/jetway rather then on the runway? Thx Lukmax...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GoodisonBlue on
AnthonyG

Helicopter Rescue Mission

How on earth do you rescue the friend in the helicopter mission from Auckland?? I can rescue the man on the ship by hovering close to the yacht, but no matter how close I get to the 'friend', I cannot pick him up. Has anyone tried this or got any ideas?? ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
TG_Wolf on
Aircanada303

A321 Radio (COM1)(COM2) cannot be changed :S

Has any 1 been able to change the frequencies under COM1 and Com2 under the Radio panel?? I tried it in multiplayer.. tower kept sayin to change frequency to 118.70, however when i bring my mouse over the number to change it.. it doesnt show up..in a senc...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Aircanada303 on
Mike0630

Memery loss

Hi- I don't know if anyone has this problem. I have installed FSX on my Emachines and go on the multiplayer often. A few days ago when I turned on my comp. there were things missing on my desktop. Even the backround was changed to the default. There are l...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Llain on

"Flight Video" selection is greyed out

I tried to record my flights for review, but I found the "flight video" selection in the drop-down menu is greyed-out. how do I activate it?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

Fspassengers and ai traffic

hi does anybody know if you can get fspassengers for fsx? or a program like fspassengers for fsx? also does anybody konw any ai traffic packages which work for fsx? i used to use projectai for my fs9 but i dont think that works for it does it? I ha...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Broading

Can't completely remove FSX..Can't reinstall..

Hi, i was wondering if anyone could help me with my problem. I have bought and install FSX a couple of weeks ago, however recently i was unable to play the game all of a sudden.. when i tries to play, i encounter this msg "Error 1721: There is a problem w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Vampire69

Keymaps for FSX

Can anyone tell me where to get my hands on a printable copy of the Keymap/Key assignments? Is there a file in the root dir? I need it for ease of use in programming my X-45. Cheers...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Vampire69 on
KEEGAN

My laptop and pc upgrade help

hi there i am just wondering what could i upgrade on my destop pc and my laptop to run fsx my desktop is a hp pavilion a640.uk it has 256mb installed but i added an extra 256mb eryer this year as it was going very slow in fs9 i dont k...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
guest 12 on
guest 12

RAM?

hey guys i have a small prob. i want to know how to tell what kind of ram i have. Im not sure if its pc2700 or pc3200. is there a way i can find out with putting it in a computer because my pc is crashed out and i have to wait a couple of days for my new ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
guest 12 on
airbourne

Screenshot Folder

On Flight sim X , Dose anyone know if there is an Screenshot Folder ?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Charlie10 on
navyredman

Can somebody help me with the glider

I've wanted to become a glider pilot for a long time, but I can't seem to master it in the sim. Could somebody explain to me how to stay in the thermal and get altitude? I can get in the thermal for a few seconds, but I always get right out. I'm using a l...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
navyredman on
PIC1stOfficer

Warning Buying FSX May Change You To A Whiner

Sad but true. Though there are exceptions the fact remains that if you buy FSX a high percentage of whining will take over your posts. Oh not just the usual mean spirited banter that you see in some ego ridden old timers posts. You will seem to have "...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Charlie10 on
Norway

747 Test Flight

I just fell down and crash at the last stall test. Some tips for me?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
guest 12 on
lds_soldier

Please...No More Posts "Will My PC Run FSX?" !

Let's try to keep all of the "Will my PC run FSX? and "What do I need to run FSX? questions in one place. Read through existing posts and respond to the appropiate choice. Keeping track of them must be a daunting process when a new one is created for ea...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GoodisonBlue on

Flight Sim X stutters too much

I am so fed up that Microsoft have the nerve too release one of the worst optimised software ever. FSX is suppose to be an improvement over 2004, but this just is'nt the case. The 2004 version worked fine, but FSX is like watching a slide show. If I was w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lds_soldier on
Page 55 of 66