Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

GundamWZero

Quick question....need quick answer.

How do you get an AI package to work in FSX? I got the World of AI package with about three liveries. When I installed and ran FSX, I didn't see any aircrafts at the terminals. So can somebody show me the way? 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GundamWZero on
Razgr1z912

Default aircraft lower graphics

the aircraft that are made by the .dds files (normal and repaints) have bad quality. only the .bmps show up like my graphics settings have it. Why? 1GB Ram 7300 GeForce AGP 216MB...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Razgr1z912 on
abmukh80

best high altitude aircraft

Hi guys which is the best aircraft u recommend for high altitude flying? I mean the inhospitable himalayan terrain. I used the lear till now...but in airports like lukla(nepal) and thoise(ind) even the lear fails sometimes.... Any better options. I har...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mossy on
jman1334

Date of FSX Acceleration Release

Does ne one no the date that fsx:Accelration exspanison pack is coming out? if so please message me😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
SkOrPn--7

Throttle Thrust?

I'm not a flier of the large jet aircrafts but rather stick to the smaller type but...... Ever since I got FSX Deluxe version for some reason when you throttle up and get going then back the throttle off all that happens is it become erratic or is spools ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
abmukh80 on
Llain

Airliner XP

Hi Guys 🙂 Take a look a the new Airbus A320 Add-on from Dreamfleet, Flight scenery and Reality xp. www.airlinerxp.com This look like it is going to be one of best addons of the Airbus , if you are fan of the big jets and like it to...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bawls327 on
JG3Bulldog

Altitude call outs during Landing

Came across this on You Tube. Anyone know how you get this "altitude call out" during landing into the game? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoOPYLU-azw...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
morris91 on
Aldeeb

Autumnal Shades of FSX

The summer coloration of the trees in whatever place I select at the present time seems to be more Autumnal, with vivid oranges, reds and other shades. My date is correct and the selected season is "Summer". I know that the Autumnal colours in New Engl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
faust1200 on
Doyley

Hidden Flight Sim in Google Earth

Wow, those guys at Google never cease to impress and surprise me.. They have hidden a flight simulator into google earth. http://marco-za.blogspot.com/2007/08/google-earth-flight-simulator.html...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
n7xlq1 on
Aldeeb

FSX Service Pack 1

I haven't yet installed this add-on which an article I read recently said that it had to be done on top of a "clean copy", that is without download add-ons. I experienced considerable difficulty getting it up and running in the first place and I had in...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Aldeeb on
abmukh80

FSX aircraft sound problem

Hi guys, Ever since I've got FSX I hv faced this aircraft sound problem. The problem is there is no rumbling sound when the engines are in idle mode which I think is wrong. Only when I push the throttle up to 70% I start hearing the engine sound. I...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
abmukh80 on
Razgr1z912

Graphics Problem

My graphics are set to highest, but when i go to free flight, my 747 JAL airliner is like its on minimal graphics. so is everything else. Whats the problem?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mossy on
abmukh80

Use of Back course

Hi guys, Could anybody throw some light on what is Back course hold in AP? And when do I generally use it? Cheers...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
faust1200 on
Flykid

rejected landing

so i take off from gibaltra and im practicing landing so i go around line up contact tower i land no problem. the second time around i take off and line up and contact tower to land. the message said that only IFR landings would be aloud. and im in a 737....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
first2run on
morris91

AI alantic aircrfts

hi i would like to know why cant you get any AI aircraft's over the alantic and pacific or even any large colume of ocean. i was flying a 737-800 across the alantic the otherday to canada (but thats a diffrent story) but i had only one plane i saw in t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jellrod on
abmukh80

aircraft thumbnails

Hi guys, Any idea why some of the aircrafts which I install do not display their thumbnails in the FSX aircraft selection window..... and ofcourse all of them wk perfectly though!!! I think there is a picture file missing somewhere...cant trace it t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Razgr1z912 on
Khan613

Quad Core vs Dual Core

Apologies if this was posted before. This is what I have so far: P4 3.ghz 1900XT 256mb 4GB Ram VistaU64 I've been put in the situation where family member wants to buy my single core 775 cpu, and I'm looking at either the Q6600 or the E6850 cp...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Khan613 on
scottyboy39

Blue Angels team!!!! for FSX

Hiya gents hows the summer going? Ok I wanna start up a Blue Angels team on FSX. I'm looking for good flyers who wanna have fun.These are the jets I will be using and you will need them as well.First the F-18 SUPER HORNET model by Daisuke Yamamoto and te...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kennwaskiewicz on
airbourne

Jetway problems

Iv downloaded some fs2004 aircrafts and made them compatable with fsx, but when i try to connect the jetway with Ctrl + J , It dosnt work, I then tryed it with a defult fsx aircraft and then it worked Anyone elce had this problem and manages to fix it...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mdaskalos on
cthiggin

Best RC Video I've ever seen

May or may not be appropriate post here - but, it's all about flying. Never seen a better rc flight in my life - either live or video............for those of you interested, here's the link. http://users.skynet.be/fa926657/files/B29.wmv enjoy, c...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Michaelvg1 on
freddo

Overclock help

I have recently tried to overclock my Q6600 to 3 GHz but im having a few issues. My specs are: Q6600 2.4 XFX 8800GTX 2GB RAM (Corsair 6400) Asus P5B Deluxe Motherboard I had to get someone to help me the first time cos im fairly new to this. As i u...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cthiggin on
cheezyflier

shift+Z

i once knew how to change the info displayed at the top of the screen when you pushed shift+z but now i forget. can someone refresh my memory?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cheezyflier on
oldsamer

FSX micro annoyances

P Tayor slums this forum, hope he'll see these and realize that such complaints are inverse compliments of his game....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
morris91 on
PhilTaylor

Vista OS patch for OOM error

I just blogged about this, at http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/archive/2007/08/13/vista-oom-fix-must-have-update-from-the-mother-ship.aspx As I say, Vista users should run, not walk, and get this download. It will provide major help for OOM errors. And...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
morris91 on
Karlw

Fuel truck stops when close to my plane

I can clearley see the fuel truck coming to my plane after I request it but once it get quite close it stops and does't move why is this?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Schpotty

FA 18 fighter jet

Would like to know if its possible to dl a FA 18 fighter jet and fly it in the Flight Simulator X free flight? If so...........how, and how much for it approximately? Thanks for any comebacks! Schpotty...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
scottyboy39 on
GundamWZero

Poppa's Back With a Brand New Bag!!!!!

Well, not quite new..... :oops: A while back I posted that I'd try out a Intel chip, with not too satisfying results. I added a nVidia 680i Black Pearl motherboard with a Intel E6300 processor. Wound up having to ditch my 2GB DDR400 RAM because th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
oldsamer on
paulchris2

Vimy

Can you guys tell me how to apply brakes on the Vimy Commercial? Paul...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
paulchris2 on
morris91

Non Stop Around The World

Hi i just wanted to tell peaple that im at the moment flying round the world in a starlifter i will be flying at a speed of 300knots and flying at 25.000ft My trip will take me over 23,055,18 miles starting at AREA 51 and then strait around the world a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
morris91 on
oldsamer

Map has changed!

I notice significant changes on the map compared to yesterday. Trees are red and yellow. Fields I final over are sand or brown when yesterday they were green. Rolled the date back to yesterday and all was as before. Big changes for the 1st day of fall!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
oldsamer on
gmphap1

looking for extremely hard airstrips anywhere in FSX

does anyone knwo of some extremely hard airstrips in fsx. alaska, U.S.A., South america?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
morris91 on
paulchris2

Madagascar Mission

Hello, how do you get your plane off the ground in this mission? Paul...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jellrod on
aljo10

jerky images

I cannot get smooth graphics in FSX (jerky movements) especially with big jets. (Smaller aircraft such as the Cesna 152 are better) My system is as follows:- AMD4200 dual processor; Asus A8N -SLI motherboard: Asus EN8800GTX graphics card; 2 Gb R...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
freddo on
piper_wichmon

FSX Error

I'm flying cross country (or trying to anyway) from Logan International to San Jose. I'm about half way through New York when an error window pops up and says "Flight Simulator X has encountered and error and needs to close immediately." You know what I...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
paulchris2 on
jetman35

Just purchased 88000gts and..

Hey fellow flyers! I just picked up the Geforce 8800 gts 640 (over clocked) and was wondering if anybody out there has the same card? It's on order so it will be a few days before I get it. I heard many good things about this card. anybody have it...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JLangevin on
HardLight

Review and video of the new Saitek yoke

Hi guys, I've just spotted a review and video of the new Saitek yoke. Looks really cool. Check it out! http://www.gamingnexus.com/Default.aspx?Section=Article&I=1563...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
krichard on
freddo

Frame rates, AI and Quad cores

Hi I hope im posting this in the correct section. Anyway i have a PC that has no major issues running FSX. Its a Core 2 (2.2), 2GB, RAM and an 8800GTX (768mb) Vid card. I can run pretty much everything on fairly high however when i have AI on, or if i ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
freddo on
veshagoo

cold and dark

anyone know how to turn off cold and dark..i have a pss777 i can not start...it is COLD AND DARK and i want it to be running when i start..any help is appreciated ...rgds it is fs 2004...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bawls327 on
bb42

Tokyo executive transport mission

alright, ive finished the mission several times. now im wondering, is that secret island available only in the mission or can you visit it like a regular airport? if so, does anyone know of the coordinates or Airport id if it has one? Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cheezyflier on
Dudds

FSX: Laptop & External H/D Config ...

Given the limited drive space on my dual-core laptop, I am considering re-installing FSX (and adding FS Global 200😎 on an external, USB drive. Do any 'techies' know whether it will run in this configuration - or will the USB interface impact perfo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FlightSimX on
Karlw

Commercial level sim A34- 500/600 please help

I am getting ready to get this plane but see one thing holding me back I have windows vista not xp does anyone else have this plane on fsx whit windows vista they say the only problem they can find is the instillation path is not given but I don't know ho...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bawls327 on
ricco

looking for help with FSX output to 8 screen

Can anyone help me ? I need to build a pc and have 8 screen outputs. Where do I start? 😎 If I buy a pc with SLI cards which will have 2 DVI outputs on each therefor total of 4 outputs can I split the screen res to another 4 screens using...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
G0Nz0 on
abmukh80

777 instruments problem

Hi guys, There is a common problem I'm facing with all 777 downloads in FSX.The instruments on the panel just dont show up! Initially when it happened I thought it was a wrong download meant for FS2004 and I was trying in FSX. But this started happenin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
abmukh80 on
IAmMrTea08

Maule Cold Start Problem

For some reason the Maule won't start up when i do a cold start I'll have the trottle open at 1/4 inch prop at high RPM mixture full rich fuel boost pump on magneto starter switch is on start throttle idle alternater switch on fuel boost pump of...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
oldsamer on
djcevera

please pick my video card

hello all, im currently running a system on xp specs are 4gig of ddr400 ram amd dual core processor nvidia geforce 7600 gs 512mb. foxcon mobo just wondering i want to upgrade my video card what do you guys suggest im getting good rates in fsx with decent...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
djcevera on
djcevera

display resolution

what is the optimum display resolution for fsx im running a nvidea geforce 7600 gs 512mb...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JLangevin on
couger

upgrade for graphics

I no fsx takes a serious pc to run it, and I have a duel core 3.4g with 2g of ddr ram and an nvidia 512m en8600gt video card, but I cant set the graphics to high or it stutters. if I was to upgrade one of these things, wich whould get the best result in...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jetman35 on
couger

memory dump and restart

I have been getting a problem with fsx for a while now where I can be flying for a while and then for no reason the pc will restart automaticly, but not before going to a blue screen and i think it is doing a memory dump. I have an nvidia en8600gt 512m c...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
abmukh80 on
kuhne

Garmin 1000 glass cockpit, wtf :(

So I just bought the deluxe edition of FSX and I was used to the old mooney, now I get this new glass cockpit garmin 1000 which looks beautifull but I have no idea how to use it! I was already used to seting the altitude with the knob, using the aproa...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
faust1200 on
hammo

i want to find some aircraft downloads FSX

Can someone help me, i want to find some free aircraft downloads FSX! -Boeing C-17 Cargomaster III -Lockheed C-130H Hercules -Beech 1900D -Pilatus PC-12 -Fairchild Metro III -Atr42-300 -BAE 146-200 -Saab 340 -Dash8-200 -Dash8-Q400 -ATR72-200 ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
n7xlq1 on
Page 36 of 66