Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

CHECHENVIP

Airplane controlling

How can I switch from buttons to mouse when controlling the plane on the ground?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Karlw

please help me level d 767 for fsx

Whenever I try to install any amount of repaint using the repaint manager it never loads the install button remains grey and unselectable please I want to install new livery I only have the level d livery please help thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Karlw on
aarps

Flickering

My new FSX Deluxe flickers a lot... Am running Windows XP, 1014 MB of RAM, Intel 82945G Express Chip Set 04/16/2007... An trying to run all settings on med high... Have installed both service pks from MS.... And suggestions???...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
aarps on
legos4me

Printing Navigation Log

Hi, I am having trouble printing the navigation log in the flight plan for FSX. I can create the navlog in the flight plan, but when I click on the PRINT button it takes me to Microsoft Image Viewer and I get a message that says "no preview available"...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
anonymouse91 on
jnuchter

side by side configuration incorrect, in flt sim x

installed vista premium and cannot run flt x because my side by side configuraion is incorrect?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
BPSim

Building A PC..Are these specs ok?

768 nVidia 8800 GTX Intel® CoreTM 2 Duo 2.66 GHz 4 MB Ram 500 GB HD What do you guys think of this setup. And is anyone running FSX in Vista on full settings?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

Black Box

Hey, i have a slight problem with flight sim X in which at certain points in missions there is a large black box in the game. What can i do to fix this problem??? Any help will be greatly appreciated. 😀 😀 😀 😀 ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
flying atob

flight simx IFR controller directions

Hi, this is my first post, & has being bugging me for ages 😀 I have both fs2004 & FSX, but come up against the same problem in both. I'm a very basic flyer :oops: , & don't really have the time to go through reams of books & scenario's, so if ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
744simpilot

Navigation Lights problem on 747-400

I don't know why my 744 without navightion lights(the button was "ON") taxi light too. it's very dangerous at night time ! my aircraft file's problem?? The aircraft lights file is : //Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=la...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
744simpilot on

The most beautiful water-based airport

I love to fly float planes. I am looking for water-based airport to fly to. I have a list of airports (from a prev thread). THe list is L-O-N-G. I don't think I have time to try them all. Which ports have you tried ? which port do you think is...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
moikey

How will my setup handle FSX?

Will my PC run FSX ok? Specs are: Intel Core2Duo E6420 CPU 1gb 667mhz DDR2 RAM ASUS P5VD2-VM Motherboard Undecided on Graphics card. How bout an ASUS P5VD2-VM. Can always upgrade system RAM to 4 gb DDR2 THANKS...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
watercottage@tiscali.co.u

ATC sound

Hi All I am new to FSX (Vista) which seems to work fine apart from the fact I cannot get any ATC sounds. The other sounds are there(engines etc) but no spoken words. What have I missed or am I being very silly??? rg...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nmm347 on
Bran09

is there any photo scenery for New jersey

i live in new jersey and i want to know if there is any photo scenery for it...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
737FLIER

ATI's counter for 8800

Is this ATI's counter for Nvidias 8800 series. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102095...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
greystone on

Fsx Without Nav Light ?

I have to turn on the Nav button, but the(green and the red) light still not come out. Someone can tell me why? Thanks!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GUEST on
kantk2007

does anyone know any good freeware AI aircraft?

does anyone know any good AI aircraft for these airlines- Cathay Pacific Philippine Airlines Air Canada Air New Zealand Indian thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
poo-poo on
chinny4290

FSX System Requirements

Hey guys, I have a question. Does anyone know what the maximum requirements of FSX are computer wise? I have an AMD Athlon 64 4000+ Clawhammer, and I just built my computer last december. I have a gig of mem and a 6800GS nVidia video card, 256MB PCI-E ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
joergenvs

FSX service pack 1 tweaks?

Hi all, now that service pack 1 is released the tweak list has changed does anyone know a web-site with the new tweaks list that can help me? for FSX SP 1, not normal FSX Thank you Joergen...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
trinhminhduc

Please show me how to convert Flight Video file to ....

I can see Flight record in FSX only . I want to convert Flight video file to multimedia player file ( ex: avi,wmv,mp4) . In addition , I want to play Flight video file without FSX . Would you please show me ? Sincerely !...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

Ground vehicles ?

I see there are lots of ground vehicles in the FSX folder. I have never seen them come out (except the fuel truck). How many ground vehicles have you seen ? is there anyways to call them out one by one ?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
AirbusDown on
redfirebwp

lag?

my game loads very very very very slowly, and it lags in play, fs 2004 worked fine what is the problem?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
couger

high alt flying?

ok need help. Why when i try to fly at high altitude the plane looses its speed and then stalls dropping out of the sky. I cant get any commercial jet past 35000 ft, when i know they can go alot higher. anyone know what i might be doing wrong?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
another guest on
francois1

What happened to ???????????

Hello everyone Anyone know what happened tp MEIGS FIELD from all previous MS Flt Sims please? regards francois1 😞 😞 😞...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
juu-geebeens on
Taylor

VOR and VFR

hello everyone. ok, i would like to know how you know when to descend inflight if you are flying by vor or vfr. for me it is always hard to tell when to descend. also, i noticed on some airliners there is no gps, how do you know where you are. any help ap...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Taylor on
BJ_90

Can anyone help me to "install" "Object_place

As topic: Can anyone help me to "install" "Object_placement_tool" for use with Scenery Shortcut? It says to edit the "dll.xml" in C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\ "Use wordpad or notepad to edit the file. Find th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
BJ_90 on
tomthetank

minimum system requirements

Here is a list of the minimum specs required to run FSX as issued by Microsoft ➡ * Microsoft® Windows® XP SP2 / Vista * PC with 1 GHz equivalent or higher processor * 256 MB of system RAM for Windows XP SP2 / 512 MB Vista ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
kantk2007

NEED URGENT HELP!! WINDOWS VISTA PROBLEMS!!!

hi guys, I upgraded my PC from windows XP to windows vista ultimate. Everything was working fine, but I hadn't tested FSX. I had a bad feeling. When I switched on FSX, my worst nightmare came true. The Ultralight wasn't loading, and when I took any airpl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kantk2007 on
Robin Hutter

Austrian soaring mission failed at Zell am See

Hi there, I just finished the Austrian soaring mission - in record time 😀 But the mission always fails although I land on the runway at Zell am See. I tried both ways (Rwy 26 and Rwy 08 ), I even tried landing on the apron. But no way. Missi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Robin Hutter on
ace261

737-800 VC problem!!

hey today i was flying about on FSX and i just noticed every time i go into the 737-800 virtual cockpit it comes up FSX has stopped responding does anyone have any solutions to my problem thnx ace261...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ace261 on

Help with landing

Hi myself and partner have recently purchased flight simulator x and no matter what we do we can not line up with the runway in order to land we really want to learn this but find the lessons and instructions difficult. Any1 in thew Uk willin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Doyley

How to land

How do you land a Microlight in a 40kt crosswind? Here's how ;) http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJOPS_bzvHU I lost some of the quality in uploading but you get the idea. I don't think this has been done before and it's pretty funny and tricky to d...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Doyley on
mpf858

Can't End “Civil Air Patrol Search” Mission

I’m stuck in the “Civil Air Patrol Search” Mission supplied with FSX Deluxe. After I pick up the downed pilot and am routed to “McCall”, and after landing there, I loose all comm. from the “CAP Observer”. Consequently, I don’t know where...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mpf858 on
oldsamer

FSX_GA_TRAFFIC revisited

This addon has been dis-cuss'd previously in the addons forum. It's been a while and more O us have downloadeed it. I'm canvasin this forum now for a 2nd o-pin-uon. effieveda wrote Warning - stay away from FSX_GA_TRAFFIC. It can be found on this site ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
oldsamer on
Karlw

Look a this landing

Gosh when I go for flying lessons not eve my landing are that bad 😂 http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=0411131&WxsIERv=Obrvat%20PG-43N%20%28737-253%2FNqi%29&Wm=0&WdsYXMg=Hagvgyrq%20%28RT%20%26%20T%29&QtODMg=Ynf%20Irtnf%20-%20ZpPneena%20Vagr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tiger7881 on
dudlydorite

HILLBILLIES

did anybody ever get shot at if ya don't buzz the hillbilly's shack?? and the 370 pound passenger not to mention the hippo's luggage, is almost next to impossible to even fly over them canadian mountains, and still have enuff fuel ta get shot at???????? ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dudlydorite on
Smailey112

Passenger View

Hi, i've seen many screen shots of people getting passenger views.. Could any one tell me how to do that??? I have heard you have to change something in the FSX.cfg file, but don't know what...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
kennwaskiewicz

umm my signiture is not working 4 flyaway

y not cuz i just made one to day and i went to my info and pasted the html or w/e and made it so but alls what happons is this...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
n7xlq1 on
737FLIER

Upgrading from E6600 to E6700

I am in teh m,iddle of configuring a dell and it costs $250 to upgrade from a 6600 to a 6700. Is it really worth it or should I spend my money on an 8600 video card or adding 2gb of memory....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
freedspeak

Birds

How does the sim determine where and when birds appear? At one time I had a couple of hawks hanging out right next to my airport just like they do in real life. I could fly up and see them on several occasions. Then they went away. I can still see birds a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Doyley

Steep Approaches

Wow I just flew an ILS approach at London City airport. I didn't realise the approach was so steep. This screenshot was taken when I was 3 miles out and I had just started the descent from 2500ft with a 8kt crosswind. The A/P couldn't keep up and I h...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Vlax

Installation problem (Really odd)

I just got the game, Im running a vista computer which is compatible with the game. The odd thing that happens when I go to install it is it goes through the few loading bars in the InstallShield, and then it simply doesn't come up. It just doesnt show, I...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Vlax on
nickandlisa1980

How to restore deleted aircraft?

I accidentally deleted some default FSX aircraft out of the aircraft folder. Is there any way I can restore the default aircraft without entirely reinstalling FSX?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Dalex64 on
shadowcheese

weard cloudy mist thing all the time

ok there is a weard mist when i get to around 6000ft. it happens with all types of weather. i tryed having it just clear skyes and it didnt work. the with thunderstorms it didnt work its always their even in real time weather. ive tryed altering my graphi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
shadowcheese1 on
reallyoldman

Kamikaze Jets

Hello everyone, Isnt FSX fun ! Im migrating my skills to jets and have discovered that they all have aerolons ? (extra wing tip flaps) thats for me; and airbrakes. Recently Ive noticed that when sat on the runway before Ive made any adjustments.... my fl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kieranja on
captainsimon

Better ATC

Are there any new programs that give better ATC in FSX. I have seen so many Youtube vids where the ATC is non standard. Thanks in Advance....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Doyley on
paperman

BackUp of FSX Files

I have tried to load the FSX SP1 upgrade and have something wrong somewhere! so I believe l need to wipe my FSX directory Prior to reloading the Default Program. But l do not want to loose all my Pilot's Log, Flight Plans & Missions Completed Data. Can a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FlightSimX on
joe223

What exactly is a dual core proccesor?

Hi guys, I know quite a lot about computers (it is neccesarry to know your CPU inside out if you have FSX!!:IDEA🙂, but one thing I don't get is this talk about dual core proccesors. How do you know if your computer is dual core, and what does it...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
captainsimon on
smitman556678

Where is the Company Yacht in Lost in the Triangle

I can't seem to find it? I've looked everywhere. Can someone tell me where it is, or provide me a map? Thanks, smitman55678...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
lionlicker

Instrument Rating Checkride Hints/Tips

At last I have completed the Instrument Chechride. Feel somewhat de-humanized by the whole experience. Hints and Tips 1) Use the pause button often 2) Employ heaps of patience, and only attempt 1 or 2 times a day. 3) Although you are told you have +...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lionlicker on
Karlw

how do I change the voice

My pilots voice is set to a females voice how can I change the voice like in fs9 Thank's 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
benbastock on
Page 39 of 66