Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

bobrob

new computer: can I set up FSX again?

I had bought and installed FSX on my old and inadequate PC.It didn't perform well. Now I've just built a first rate gaming computer and want to try FSX again. I certainly don't want to buy a new copy, but I've heard that I have to. I've also heard that yo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
2robplaying on
Bran09

want to gain a couple frames can anyone help

look i want to get a little more frames so i can put the settings a littel higher...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
2robplaying on

SpaceShipOne

When do we get to fly this ? ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
anonymouse91 on
Sam Fisher

Fuel Truck?

I can't seem to find any airports that support getting a fuel truck. Is there a way to find out? I'm finding many of them don't have one....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bart5986 on
ivan08

detailed airports

does anyone know if kbos is one of the detailed airprots.. :o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

aircraft from Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator ?

can you install in FSX aircraft from Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator ?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
mattconn

What role does L2 cache be with fsx, or 2004 for that matter

I see a lot of info relating to graphics cards and processor speed, but with AMD cutting back on L2 cache and I don't really know where Intel is, how critical is it to flight sims, such as fsx/20004. For now I am going to upgrade to a simple athlon for...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
mike20022

has anyone seen any wildlife in FSX ?

Hi all Well since I brought FSX I just can't stop playing, It's great. Just a thought, has anyone seen any wildlife, and where did you see it? as I have only seen dolphin's and seagull's at Lihue and have never come across any of these anywhere ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Taylor on

Fire Trucks ???

is there Fire Trucks at the airport ???...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
XxEastwoodxX

How to get wildlife in FSX

Does anybody know how to have Birds, Dolphins, Giraffes etc in FSX. I can't seem to see them. Regards, -XxEastwoodxX...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Mavix

AMD Sempron 3000+

Being on a rather limited budget I'm thinking of getting a computer with a AMD Sempron 3000+ CPU on an Nvidia NF6100 motherboard. Will I get good FSX performance from this CPU? Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on

How not to Overclock the CPU

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5393904704265757054&q=amd...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
cthiggin

Best Controller for Helicopters

Ready to do the helicopter missions and learn how to fly these rascals - The SimYoke does not get it with a chopper - What is the "best" controller you folks have found to use? - Thanks in advance. cthiggin ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
andymil

flight director/auto pilot

hi everyone I have had a few problems in fsx when I am using the autopilot to land in the default 747. When i disengage the autopilot about a couple of hundred feet above the runway the nose of the aircraft rises sharpely and the aircraft starts climbi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Sno0ze on
Mavix

64-bit or 32-bit

Which would be better for FSX? 64-bit dual core AMD or 32-bit dual core Intel?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on

2D panel crashes my computer

if I bring up a 2D instrument (50% trans), and I move the cursor over it, the computer will hang. To be exact, the graphic card hung. It is an ATI R9200 I have all the latest drivers and patches. Do you know why it hangs?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

Flight sim x wont run

Hi. i have just bought and installed flight sim x. i also bought a sapphire x1950 pro agp. when i try to run flight sim x i get the following error "flight simulator is not working with your video card. verify latest drivers..." i have the latest c...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Karlw

Is sp1 out yet

If not where can I check on it?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Geoffos on
millertime

will these specs run fsx with efficient enjoyable fps?

I know the big issue is fps and i know these specs can run fsx i just wanted to know if i will be able to experience a good frame rate and run the game pretty fast. Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit Intel Core 2 Duo processor E6700 (2.66GHz) 4GB DDR2-667...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JLangevin on
maxhess

Will these PC Specs run FSX efficiently?

Hi! I have already posted a simular topic, but I am now including all of my PC specs. I am currently running FSX at custom "medium low" settings, so that basic functions work good but scenery and landforms are still very weak. I have an approximate bu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on

MS FSX REALISM

Someone in here a Pilot? Could someone please give me some info on how realistic MS Flight Simulator really is?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
jeffb57

gpws

does anyone know if fs X will have a built in gpws in aircraft with retractable gears and flaps?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tartanaviation on

which notebook computer is powerful enough to play FSX ?

which notebook computer is powerful enough to play FSX ?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Drewbob

how do you get the cargo doors to open?

There are a few things that the computer can do that I have not figured out how to do it. 1. opening cargo doors 2. the conveyor belt vehicle that loads the cargo and any other airport vehicles that you guys can think of. thanks a lot....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
stereomatic

VOICE OF announcements? for FSX please????

Hey all im just wondering if there is announcemen voice like in some missions on the game to be in normal free flights..like the voice of the flight attendent of the 1st officer.. "fater ure seat belt" "cabine crew prepare for landing" and these stuff....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JLangevin on
cthiggin

Help with Denali Mission & Landings

For the life of me, I have failed this mission quite a few times. I fly as indicated in the "briefing", 8500 ft altitude, follow the gps line, BUT, when I get to the "camp" - (looking at the "big" green arrow in the sky showing the landing", all I can do...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
rowcoach on
Taylor

sea rescue help

hello everyone. i was on the mission where you have to rescue passengers on a sinking sailboat. first you get the captain but after that it says to head west to get his friend. i did that and went for 20 miles and it said to turn around and head back to t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
rowcoach on
oakley26

Jet Truck Race

Hi all I was wondering if the jet truck race comes in the deluxe version, the normal one or is it a download? ive got the normal version 🙂 thanks 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
flightMike on
maxhess

FSX very slow; what can help?

Hi! I have the FSX Deluxe and am currently running it on a Dell e521. I am not sure what graphics card etc i have right now, but it is the standard one from Dell. What do I need to buy to make it run more effecient and make the graphics better? I ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
maxhess on
airik

Landing bug at Carlisle PA - Rwy 28?

I was hoping that someone else could help be confirm a bug that makes it difficult (or nearly impossible) to land on runway 28 at the Carlisle, Pennsylvania Airport (N94). It is very difficult for me to enter a standard glide slope. The plane just will no...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
737FLIER

Flight Around The World

I am about to begin a fligth around teh world. I am trying to decide what aircraft to fly> iam debating between The A340-300 or The Boeing 747-400. Do you have any Idea which one would be better. Here is my flight plan: Williamson Count Regional(H...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
bnjgray87

Flight Sim X view Mode Probs

Am having a whole new problem wif flight sim , if any 1could help that would be great. I am un able to have any other view mode in freeflight and on missions Only view i seem to be able to choose is cockpit and the rest are not there. any 1 have any in...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
taylorc

FS9 to FSx Covertor

is there a tool that converts FS9 Aicraft to FSX...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
zmisst

best turn key pc for FS X

I don't want to build anything -- I just want to click and pay and answer the door when the UPS guy comes. What's the best cost-no-object (but not a ripoff) PC system for FSX. I want big dual monitors and of course top frame rate. And if there is su...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Freeman111

Instrument checkride HELP

Okay as many other I've have trouble completing the instrument checkride in FSX.. I'm having trouble at the holding over SEA. I'm coming from PARKK, and heading straight in for SEA VOR, (I've tuned my vor before the lady said track the 140 radial... so...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Freeman111 on
mike93

Help with boston logan

does anybody know how to make the jetways the baggage people and all the other good stuf to move? Or just what do i have to do to make it move? Because if i just pull up with a plane nothing happens...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
oldsamer

FSX after 5 months

I'm a refugee from online first person shooters who was looking for a less violent sim related to reality. I've played FSX as an explorer, It's been a wonderful way to learn about parts of America I cann't afford to tour in person. I use web searches to l...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
benbastock

what is a graphic card and what benefits does it have

ive been wondering does a graphic card make the game better what other beneits does it have...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Taylor

keeping it flying

hello everyone. i was wondering if there was a way to play flight sim x and minimize it and get on the internet but you are still flying on flight sim. any help please. 😀 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Taylor on
Sam@MAN

New Website To Upload Screenshots

Hello my name is Sam Hampson VPA (virtual.photo.aero) is a brand new website to upload all your flight simulator screenshots. On VPA there is very slack rules so it is very easy to get your screenshots on, we will only reject if your shot has FS writin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Sam@MAN on
taylorc

next FS :Huge multiplayer World

i think it would be cool if in the next FS there was a multi player room created by Microsoft called earth or something and that there was no limit on people in room. then it would be more realistic and a great way to meet new people virtual airlines c...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
anonymouse91 on
cthiggin

Voice Buddy Problem

Hello folks, After an up-grade to Vista, which VB did not work - I finally figured out how to - install in root of C: - make a folder called VoiceBuddy - Install it there - Vista does NOT like VB in the programs directory - My problem - During a fligh...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cthiggin on
Mc_GaNgStA

Another FMC related question.

How do you control the descent rate with the FMC? PS: Let me be a bit more detailed. How would I control the descent rate in the FMC of the PMDG B737-600 NG?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Mc_GaNgStA on
Heyjoojoo

What is "AI"?

I see this quite often in your postings but couldn't quite figure it out. Is this a Microsoft addon or something? I'm a little embarrassed to ask but nonetheless, it still remains a mystery to me....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jellrod on
sinebar

tutorials for virtual cockpit instruments etc.

I am looking for tutorials for making VC and intrument panels. Does anyone know where I can any?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

Computer freezes up

When I launch flight sim, the computer freezes up instantly. Microsoft can't seem to help. I've tried 50 thing they recommend to no avail. Now I know what people mean when they say they are going back to 2004. Please help....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Lanza on
b3mmredm

Better Processor for FSX realeased??

I was just on a website before and a new processor has been released, the QX6800 with four cores each running at 2.93GHz each. If FSX were to support dual or quad cores with SP1 will it run it better than the Core 2 Extreme with 2 x 2.93GHz because i hear...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JLangevin on
effieveda

how to attach screen shot in forum

I know this'll sound stupid, but how do you attach a screen shot to a forum reply? Thanks...Art...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

FSX was unable to load ?

I had a problem with installation FSX ,Error 1935 rool back. But that was solved now i get an Error when i start FSX was unable to load some Program files and will now exit. Does someone know how to solve this problem pls.. :cry:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
falconxxx

Autopilot or manual

Question pertaining to real world heavy metal pilots, when landing in an ILS runway and the weather is fair, do you have an option whether to land manually or does regulation states that you have to land the plane with autopilot on?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
falconxxx on
Page 44 of 66