Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Clipperboy

how to make a custom take off location for float planes

I am a bit of a flying boat nut and also being a newbie have come accross a few obstacles in logic with FSX. For example there are no water runways in australia, therefore how can I start a flying boat in Rose Bay in Sydney Harbour (used to be Australi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
oldsamer on
n7xlq1

Sound goes away after using FSX for awhile.

Hey all, I've got this werid problem with my sounds disapearing after running FSX for a period time like over 10 minutes or so, but once I exit FSX my sounds comeback, and I'm not sure why this is happening? Anyone got any ideas?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Mavix

AGP or PCI-E?

Should I get an AGP 8x or a PCI Express graphics card? Will it make any major difference if I use a PCI-E card?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JLangevin on
anonymouse91

Load Times

After seeing all the compare rig threads, I thought we should make one where you post your FSX load time. To keep it simple, post the time it takes from you clicking on the icon to FSX being fully loaded (at main screen). You don't have to post the time f...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JLangevin on
757Andrews

No taxiway lights! Help!

For some reason, taxiway lighting is not showing up at any airport! Can someone tell me how to fix it with a config file if that's the problem, or what kind of texture file taxiway lights are so I can switch them with aeu7? This has been going on for a wh...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jellrod on
styles

Brake problems.

Hello, Is there anyone that could help me with my problem? I can not deactivate the brakes. If I push the "." button or the brake on my joystick, nothing happens. Brakes will stay activated. Had the same problem with my FS2004. Could it be my Joystick...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
rowcoach

problem with the way textures look

As I have already guessed, my graphics card could be better. Only being able to install PCI cards (not PCIX or AGP does have its disadvantages I guess) does limit my options. Anyway, the textures for all my 737, 747, and Airbus appear blurry. You can make...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
tomax7

dark planes

...i'm at my wits end, all my planes, and the built in ones with FSX and FS9 are dark running under Vista, or this Acer. Running Acer desktop E4300 1.8GHz duo with 2GB ram and Intel 946GZ Express GMA3000 Chipset for video. The planes are all in sha...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
sdakh

Interacting with Ground Vehicles

How come that when you are parked at the gate you can only interact with the baggage, fuel, and pushback vehicles when there are others like the fire truck, the food carts, and flatbed trucks that are around?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cheezyflier on
Mavix

How will this computer handle FSX?

How will this computer handle FSX?: Perntiunm D 925 3.0Ghz 1Gb RAM PCI-Express 16x GeForce 7600GS 256Mb Considering that my current computer (Celeron 2.6Ghz, 256 Mb RAM, 64 Mb onboard graphics) handles FSX at slightly higher than lowest settings(Ev...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
UG_PL

FSX requirements overview

Everyone is asking "Do my computer will be able to run FSX,Those are my spec...." Well , Take a look at this chart: 1) Pentium 4 (or something else ) ,1.6Ghz ,512Mb ,Windows XP ,ATI Radeon 9250 - 9600XT/ FX5200 - Ge force 6200 (Ge force 7300 also)...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
taylorc

is 90 fps good

i just did a check when i was flying my airbus and my fps is ate 90 is that good...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
737FLIER on
baesys

Tomorrow I have....

my first pilot lesson its at blackpool in a piper cherokee 140 so exited...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SteveT on
shadowcheese1

something wrong with my 747

well on my defalt fsx 747-400 the wings seem to dubble if u know what i mean. both of the wings have like another wing thats above the actual wing. i would put a pic of it on here but i havnt got a clew how to so i tried my best to describe can anyone hel...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Smailey112

Computer upgrade

Hi... I've got a okey PC... it works on every game, except on FSX. Even though I only have: AMD Athlon X2 3800+ 1 GB RAM ATI Radeon X700pro It works fine.... But i've decided to upgrade abit: 3 GB of RAM Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS Do ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
baesys

2 days ago i was lucky enough to .....

to try out BAe Warton's eurofighter active cockpit (simulator) it was amasing...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GoodOne on
Komayo

FSX IFR Checkride

After crossing the vor, i turn to 110º, then fly 1min, turn right to intercept the 320º radial, i intercept it flying between Wº and 300º then i adjust to enter the radial, i fly until cross the vor and obs 1 flag changes to "TO", then at 0.5 dme from...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Komayo on
frenchieak2

Installation Problem

I recently uninstalled FSX and now I want to re-install it. I have tried a few times to reinstall it and now I need some help. Every time I put in the second disk, about ten seconds in it says, word for word, "Microsoft Flight Simulator X Error E...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cthiggin on
CrashGordon

MD83?

I can see the MD83 folder in the airplanes folder, but I can't see the MD-83 in FSX. Anyone else have this problem?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Irishman

Winds aloft question

I use the real-world weather download setting for winds aloft. Is there any way to see what they are before starting the flight. I would like to make my flight plan adjustments the old-fashioned way....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Charlie10 on
ftpbuckshot

just installed it

running this with all settings cranked on a dell xps 4g ram 2.6 dual core dual nvidia 512 7950's and i am still getting black marks once in a while while looking left or right while in flight cant believe it maybe the settings are too high for the game...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JLangevin on
Karlw

im going to try this

I installed the flight 1 atr in fsx and verything appears to work except the display scrrens are black but it sasys I need fsuip so im insatlling the f-14 with fsuip for fsx and hopefully the atr will be fully functional screenshots to follow if it works...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
swiffer88

mobo upgrade??

hey there guys, I was wondering, I changed everything in my pc so far except for the mobo.. I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good mobo, the size of the one I have now if 9.6inches x 9.6 inches. the original pc is a hp 1600n and the mobo is th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
swiffer88 on

747 Elevator Trim Setting

can anyone tell me what the elevator trim should be set at prior to takeoff. I've tried it at 0 and the plane just takes a really long time to get off the ground and you can never lift up at Vrot. An elevator trim setting of 2.7 makes it really easy to ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lionlicker on
Dogmatix

FSX on a 22" widescreen LCD without distortion: how?

Hi, I have just changed my 18" normal aspect LCD for a new 22" 16:10 wide aspect, 1680x1050 pixel LCD. Naturally, I changed the resolution setting in Windows (XP) to suit. However, when running FSX the picture is distorted, i.e. everything is stretched...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lionlicker on
Heyjoojoo

I have the 7600 GT but plan on getting the 8600 GT...

I know that there is the 8800 GTS card but the price is unreachable at this point; but I do like the price of the 8600GT. Do you think I'll be able to see better FPS than my current 7600 GT which is pathetic. Anyone using the 8600 GT? Is it the Memory...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JLangevin on
737FLIER

Flight Yoke

I am about to buy a yoke as an upgrade from my Saitek X45 and I wondered who had one and if they liked it. Here is the one I am getting http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B000056SPM/ref=s9_asin_title_1/102-4126448-7248144?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
737FLIER on
froggyman

Installed Cargo Pilot, MFS X wont run?

hey guys, Well yesterday I installed Cargo Pilot to MFS X, just before I instilled I checked the game and it worked great. Then I install and MFS X freeze at the start up screen. I have to go to program manager to end the task because the program is no...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
froggyman on

who has flown a real helicopter?

who has flown a real helicopter? what control sensitivity setting would you suggest on FSX? I set mine on realism, but I found them very sensitive. I don't believe a real helicopter is that sensiitive. What do you think?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Charlie10 on
XxEastwoodxX

??Missing jet ways even with "Scenery Complexity"

Hi there, I was playing FSX yesterday and was surprised to see that for some reason all the jet ways were missing from every airport in FSX, even with scenery complexity set to extremely dense! This happened to me at every airport I have departed from ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
shirke01

Anyone tried FSX on Windows XP?

FSX SP1 also going to improve performance in XP or Just the Vista?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bob-Ski on

FSX mission backup

Hi all ... not sure wether I'm posing this in the right place or not, but was wondering if anyone can help me backup my rewards and missions. I've finished almost all the missions and got loads of rewards and now I need to format my pc and really don't wa...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
ruleworld

flight simulator x not playable without a joystick

can anybody play it with keyboard? specially missions....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Charlie10 on
davery

FlightDeck 4

I would like to get some info on how to allow the older prop planes, Bearcat and Corsair for example that have tail hooks catch the cables on FlightDeck 4. I cant get the meatball to respond when I load Dino's Tomcat.If any one can steer me in the right d...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Smailey112

8800 GTS 640mb

Hi, my dad is now in USA and have bought my new GeForce 8800 GTS... But my question is, I got a AMD athlon X2 3800+, and 1 gb of RAM. Would this be enough to make FSX run ok, or would i have to get more RAM as well??? Thanks for any respons...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GundamWZero on
tom123456

lost my exe file

i somehow lost my fsx.exe run file. can someone send a copy of theres to me at masterteitzel@gmail.com thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
XxEastwoodxX

Geforce 7800 And FSX

Hi there, I'm not new to the Flight Sim genre but I am certainly new to what exactly is required to run FSX on full power, so to speak. My question is if I go ahead and purchase a Geforce 7800 graphics card will this fix my problem as I stated above. R...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bob-Ski on
mrgoodweather

extra commands

my fine sim pilot comrades how do i get a tailhook command i looked and looked some more but cant seem to find some planes as you all may know have extra commands and one of them says tail hook? any help?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cheezyflier on
jetman35

FSX Service Pack 1 Information

I have been doing some checking online and reading various forms and found that SP1 will be released on April 30th. The size of the update will be around 200 Meg. fyi 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JLangevin on
oldsamer

FSX sp1 & the SDK ?

Will the FSX Service Pack 1 (SP1) have any changes for the Software development Kit (SDK)? I know there is already available a patch for the SDK and I've not seen anything that says further patches for SDK are bundled with SP1. Reason I ask is I've ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Michaelvg1 on
rowcoach

Mission rewards

Someone asked a while back what all the awards were for the missions in FSX. I found this site last night. Didn't know half of them existed. http://www.fsxrewards.com/index.html kind of makes you want to go back and try some of the earlier missions ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Kohnen on
Heyjoojoo

Screen blacks out when in cockpit view...

Yeah, not sure why this happens but it seems that every time I change from one view and return to cockpit view, a strange thing happens. When I'm clicking on the buttons in cockpit view and just after the little description balloon appears above the parti...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Heyjoojoo on
solarviper

dedicated fsx servers

ok, again is there anyone out there who host a dedicated fsx server for me to rent? is it even possible for a hosting company to host the game and give me full control over the game settings and such? using my personal pc to host a game is not a good way ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
solarviper on
rowcoach

pilot log

so my pilot's log is no longer recording flights. what is the best way to reinstall this so it works - or can that even be done?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
rowcoach on
737FLIER

Downlaodable Free Aircraft Carrier

Are there any free downlaodable aircraft carriers that you can land on for any FSX or any other version of flight simulator?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Shifty1987

Account Cancellation Problem

Does anyone know how to cancel my account for this website? I cant find the option anywhere. I emailed the staff a couple weeks ago and I still have gotten nothing back. Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Shifty1987 on
rowcoach

AI airlines

rather than seeing the same AI planes fly across my path (American Pacific, Orbit, et al that come with FSX), I'd like to see some real world planes. Aside from this site, are there any others that have AI planes for download? thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Karlw

my pic isn't in the screenshot galley so here it is

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/27604/my-pic-isnt-in-screenshot-galley-so-here-it-is_2dda8d14e95866ea7623d2f34a3f8bc0.jpg This was taken from the onboard camera after a test from groom lake Here is a few more https://forum....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GundamWZero on
737FLIER

uninstall FSX

Where do I go to uninstall FSX?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
kieranja

thinking

thinking about buying x will my computer take it. i dont know anything about what hardwear and stuff to put down so this is whats in my computer propities pentium(r) 4 CPU 3.00GHz 2.99 GHz 512MB of RAM anythnig else you need to know tell me where t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kieranja on
Page 45 of 66