Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

alastairg100

Adding AI Traffic

I was just wondering how to manually add AI flights to FSX. I already have all of World of AI's flight plans from http://www.world-of-ai.com/ but this obviously doesnt have all airliners especially local ones which fly from my local airport.l I have downl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
alastairg100 on
ace261

FSX not responding

hey i was wondering if anyone had a solution to my problem i installed FSX on WinXP and installed SP1 and i can run it on ultra high graphics fine but then after i do 1 flight FSX stops responding and restarts thnx ace261...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JLangevin on
oldsamer

unrecoverable spin in FSX?

Spin recovery is a staple of flight lessons. Typicaly pull the yoke back, get into a stall and with a single engine, the plane falls off to the left and nose pitches down. Without any correction, the horizon comes up and you're watching the world cycle ro...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
porchmonkee on
Simmy

World map

When I go to the map in FSX the contoured green area disappears and is replaced by even shaded pale blue and the coast line is simply angular lines. If I zoom right out the gtreen area returns. Is this to be expected or have I got a problem? ㈳...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
StartMeUp

Manual engine startup on stock 737?

Hello all, I am trying to do the manual engine start on the FSX stock 737 - just don't want to press CTRL-E to start up the plane. So, I start battery power, get the APU running, and turn on the engine (move the cutoff level up) - then repeat for e...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Maverickrg on
mikenoble

2GB RAM max????

Did i read somewhere that FSX dosen't support dual core and will only use 2GB of RAM no matter how much you have installed....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
cthiggin

Nvidia 8800 GTS Control Panel Settings - Do these look OK???

Need some advice on configuring my nVidia 8800GTS 640meg card - Do these look acceptable????? or are changes needed??? Thanks in advance as always. cthiggin Do these Look Correct? Nvidia 8800GTS 640 Meg GLOBAL SETTINGS: Feature Setti...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JLangevin on

Multi Screen ?

who is using multi screen ? how many screens? what system do you have ? what video card? your thoughts? are they running smoothly? how about a pix of your system?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GundamWZero on
luclima

2D Cockpit

After I upgraded to FSX I never got fly using 2D cockpit because I can NOT see the ground. I can easely change the view angle using VC using keyboard or mouse. Any suguestion ?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ohboy710 on
falconxxx

aircraft.cfg ....save denial!!?

Can someone please tell me why I'm being denied to save the edits on my Flight Simulator X ....aircraft.cfg files???...... whenever I try to add repaint text it refuses to save the file!!!!! I have no such problem with simulator 9 !? Thanks in advance...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
falconxxx on
Karlw

Simvatio Air force one 707 problem please help

I made a folder to put it in called Boeing 707 AFO put the sundpanel model etc in and droped it into mysimobjects aircrasft folder and its in the aircraft menu hwever when I select it it say aircraft instillation failed and it just put me back with the de...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Karlw on
Jedo

slow flight training question

I'm a beginner and I've been practicing that one training mission with slow flight. I have realized something very weird. When you are asked to power up to maintain 60 knots at 4000 feet, you're asked to do so at 2000 rpm. That's not possible. To maintain...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
cthiggin

Successful Tweaks of FSX.cft AFTER SP1 Has Been Installed

Hello Fellow Simmers - We have have read Phil's tweaks - other forum tweaks - of "their" FSX.cfg tweaks after installing SP1 - I really need to know - Installed TileProxy, and uninstalled - it was supposed to revert to the "previous" FSX.cfg that I ha...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JLangevin on
Michaelvg1

Suggested Flights?

HI simmers. Just wondering if any of you can suggest some neat places to fly and what plane would be best. I just want to see the FSX World. For example, does the Niagara Falls exist? How does it look? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JarJarBinks on
cthiggin

How do we reduce or eliminate the "Blurries" post

Hello fellow simmers, I have really noticed the bad "blurries" after SP1 - How do "we" deal with those rascals? - I "know" not everyone is experiencing them, but a lot of folks are - especially if you attend other forums. Your help and expertise is alwa...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mdaskalos on
effieveda

shore line

I seem to remember that sometime in the past there was a fix to improve the look of water against the shore line. I can't recall what the fix did, but I think it had to do with the water over-lapping the ground texture. does anyone remember this fix? If s...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
effieveda on
arulu

Moving vehicles in Asian countries

Friends when I fly over in Singapore, Malaysia and India I don't see any moving vehicles on the road. Has Microsoft missed out these countries....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jellrod on
jellrod

Alias a Virtual Cockpit?

I downloaded an Opensky 738, updated from a FS2004 to work in FSX. My problem is there is no Virtual Cockpit. How can I alias one from the FSX 738? Or what files do I need from the FSX 738 folder to place a VC in the OS 738? Thanks in advance....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jellrod on
cthiggin

Configs from "successful tweaking of SP1"

Hello fellow simmers, After many of your great replies on my two previous posts on "shimmers & blurries", mine has settled down pretty good. Like a lot of you folks, the "tweaking" is fairly new for me in FSX and especially SP1 - I've read "Phil's Pos...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cthiggin on
rick101c

Upgraded to Vista: flashing graphic images

So I upgraded to Vista Premium on my AMD 5000 dual core w/ GeForce 7950 GT graphics card. Using latest release of NVIDIA graphics drivers. FS X didn't work at all so I uninstalled and re-installed. When I fly, my screen flashes, and I only see a br...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

Nvidia slashes 8800 Ultra price

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=40128 Nvidia slashes 8800 Ultra price Computex 007 Partners get updated pricing By Theo Valich in Old Taipei: Wednesday 06 June 2007, 23:49 Click here to find out more! GRAPHZILLA was recently c...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Ravie

Need Help building new PC

Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 2.67GHz ATI Radeon X1950 Pro 512MB (maybe 2 in crossfire) GeIL 2GB (2x1GB) 800MHz Ultra Low Latency DDR2 x2 Abit Fatal1ty FP-IN9 SLi nForce 650 PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboar stuck with power supply, what power supply would yo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JLangevin on
Civili

Holy crap, joystick made a HUGE difference!

I just bought me a joystick , saitek cyborg force something ( http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/cyborg_evo_force.htm ) And my advice to all of you playing with the keybord is, buy one aswell. I had insane difficulties with flying a helicopter, now its 10x ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Alastairmilton on
axflyer

Would this be a good upgrade?

Hey I have been looking for a new computer and was wondering if this computer will run FSX well. (Writing this straight from a magazine) Intel Quad Core (Q6600) 4G DDR2-800 RAM 2x320G Hard Drives Centurion t05 Case 18x Dual Layer DVD burner Al...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JarJarBinks on

atc voices

wouldnt it be great if when you are flying around the world and you talk to the atc they had the accents of where you are flying around so for example if you are in australia they had an australian accent, in india they had an indian accent it would make ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jellrod on
cthiggin

Vista - I increased 8fps "by mistake" on "the

Hello fellow simmers, I've had Vista Hprem. for about 4 months now - upgrad - and after several calls to MS - ALL has been running great. AFTER initial install, when I started FSX and would get to either "missions" or "free flight" - my screen looked li...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Michaelvg1 on

My Travel?

Hello I am new to flight sim x and any other for that matter. I am getting a few add on programs for the game and I saw My Traffic which I thought looked really good cause ive always wanted traffic on the runways, My qustion is basiclly is it good? like a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Heyjoojoo

Looking for a tutorial on the MCDU...

I just wanted to see if anyone has used any good tutorials for configuring the MCDU in the A300 series. It's required in order to fly this particular model of jet the right way. If you know of any good sources, please squeak... - K a r e e m...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Heyjoojoo on
united11

FS2004 and FSX Radio Show On LIVE

A FS Radio Show is going to be online shortly, and it is going to be the first run by Clayton Locher. It is a test for the new radio show, but you call in and you can talk about Flight Simulator, and advertise for your virtual Airlines! Here is the link.....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
united11 on

flifght times and for virtual airliines question

i hope one day somebody will get an online virtual airports with arrivals and departures on a tight schedule and it being for all the virtual airlines except the numbwers might be a bit big except for that this would be much more realistic...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
tiger7881

My FSX VA.

Hey guys, as you know I joined Virtual Airlines called "Toronto Pearson ATC" its really fun there and we got many aircrafts with different liveries. This one is 757 TPATC airlines. I was taking off at evening from vancuver international, and just somethin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jellrod on
Aceituna

[ Poll ] FSX system requirements (a survey)

The topic of the much acclaimed Flight Simulator X is now mainstream news, and most of us have had time to obtain a copy or at least get a glimpse at what FSX really looks like. However, there is one FUNDAMENTAL problem: how come no-one can run FSX pro...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Professor-B.R.I. on
Karlw

Question about space in fsx

MustI go to the true spped of 17,500 m.p.h to maintain space flight otherwise I always fall back to earth no matter what the altitude???...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
starnut

Dual Core CPU and/or huge video card

The little research I have dicovered in the last 24 hours is that FSX may not play better with dual core than a good single core. I think I agree as I have upgraded to dual core. I upgraded from a 7600 NVidia to a 7950 at the same time as cpu upgrade. Gam...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
philby on
sniper45

mooney repaint?

does anybody know about a repaint for a mooney bravo for fsx besides the bare metal one?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Karlw

[ Poll ] Fsx and concorde poll

Please specify from whom...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
the truth abou on
RadarMan

Multiplayer Server for FS8 FS9 FSX (Free)

Multiplayer Server for FS8 & FF9 (Free) https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/3150/fshost/ :radar:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

LNAV and VNAV

Can anyone explain what these functions are and how they are used in the FSX model airplanes (not PMDG). Also, is there a way to change the HSI display on the 747 to a more detailed display with your flight plan on it?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
NSX on
parman

cpu and video card

I plan on buying a new pc soon. The only game I want to play is MFSX. I want to be able to play it in high quality. I realize that the system requirements on the box are far less than what I really need. My question, what is the weakest processor and ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ollyau on
Karlw

Repaint request: Windows Lights on 737-200

I downloaded the janet 737-200 from flight sim.com installed it in fsx with the update and i works fine only prolem is the window light on the front right door is to low and the tail is somewhat transparent so if anyone could please do a repaint of the ai...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Karlw on
LixPix

Cannot find sfx.cfg in Vista Business 64 Bit

Hallo, i have a problem. I cannot find sfx.cfg in Vista Business, because this doesn't have "documents and settings". Where i can find this data....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

F12 key fades to white

before SP1, when I click on the F12 key, I get an overview of the terrain. If I press the minus key (-), I can zoom out until I see the earth as a globe. however, after I installed SP1, when I press the minus key (-), the scenary will zoom out a b...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
futurepilot

FSX on laptops?

My computer for games does not have the minimum system requirements for FSX. Would FSX work on a laptop?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JG3Bulldog on
Jedo

Rudder deflection problem

I posted here before about my aircraft constantly deflecting to the left a bit and the problem hasn't changed. Instead it became a very serious annoyance. I have tracked the problem to the rudder. As soon as I choose "autorudder" the plane no longer de...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JG3Bulldog on

FSX noob tweak questions

Hello, I just started running FSX w/ SP1 on my Dell M1210 laptop. I must say, I am not unhappy with the performance. I played with all sliders maxed and had some stutters, but knocked them back a little and have mostly smooth flying, FPS locked to arou...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
doogle on
flyplanez

Garmin G1000 Question

Hi I have a question about the G1000: Is there an ADF, and if so how do you plug the frequency in and how do you see it on the PFD, and identify it(you can't selsct the ADF radio selector, does this mean no ADF) O, don't tell me to plug it into the GPS...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on

what is causing this?

Can anybody tell me why I am seeing these black screens near airports? It is very anoying when you get closer, you can't see through to the end of the runway. I have updated the latest driver for my g-card and have the settings at default for my machine...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Boxkites on
1up2down

Does FSX require a CD in the drive to use it

I am considering getting FSX, but only if it will run without the need of having a CD in the drive the same as FS2007 does. Can someone tell me if it needs one or not....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
737FLIER on
helithierry

Helicopter pedals

Hi there, I'm a total noob in flight simulation and I'd like to learn to pilot helicopters in FSX (or maybe 2004) and want to get some good equipment. I'll get a Saitek stick and throttle this week and was thinking about buying pedals too. But I'm ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
helithierry on

Dubai Hotel helipad

is it possible to land on that famous Dubai Hotel helipad ? is there a airport code for that ?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Page 41 of 66