Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

krichard

ho do u get the ground cew to your plane

how do u get the ground crew to your plane. and yes im in a 737-800...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
hammo

REAL PILOTS.

I want to know how many of you all are real pilots not just sim pilots. and if your a real commercial pilot from australia i would like to know what you do, and what you fly! p.s. im am a private pilot and im studying for my commercial...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hammo on
giorgio-ally

ILS - Help please!!!

Ive tried over 10 times to make an ILS landing and it just won't work. Im flying an Airbus a321, I have setup the GPS with the course to the airport. The NAV/GPS buttoon is set to NAV, the NAV1/2 is set to the right frequency, course is entered and Autopi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
abmukh80 on
effieveda

hangers

Just curious - does anyone know if there are any hangers in fsx where you can actually park your plane? Regards...Art...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
effieveda on
Schpotty

Civil Air Patrol Mission

Civil Air Patrol Mission: Any ideas on what to do when the engine starts loosing power? Have choked about 15% richer, and lowered flaps two clicks, but can't keep enough air speed under full power and stall out. Help me if you can I'm feelin down!!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
2robplaying on
abmukh80

ready for a challenge

guys we've quite often discussed ab himalay airports and how difficult are the approaches there! Anybody tried landing at Khorog ( city and airport name). This is a remote airport in Tajikistan i recently found out! Not sure about the airport code. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
abmukh80 on
bwood

Dash 8

Does anybody know were I can find a Dash 8 with a VC...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Karlw on
baesys

Just Flight - Traffic

i bought this, and installed it and i have just noticed there are no fuel trucks at any airport and also no jet ways at all at any airport, any one please help. thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
krichard

fsx sp1

what file do u put fsx sp1 in...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PhilTaylor on
MU_24

Autopilot and GPS are off at startup

It's probably something stupid, I'm prepared. However, I fly both the 737 and 747 and start cold and dark. I've had it happen on both aircraft where the GPS and autopilot show nothing at all, just a black screen for the GPS and nothing on the autopilot ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JarJarBinks on
abmukh80

FSX windspeed

Hi guys, Everytime I set the weather manually in "user defined weather" mode and set the wind speed high-severe, the aircraft even when in a standstill shows wrong airspeed. What I mean is when I'm standstill the airspeed is jumping between 40-60 k...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JLangevin on
Doyley

[ Poll ] Is it worth it?

Is it really worth suffering low frame rates and poor performance with FSX. With my system I can run FSX on medium high and get about 9fps in big airports but with FS9 I can have every slider all the way up and run 27FPS easily anywhere. Plus there ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JarJarBinks on
Splitdog

Does Norton anti-virus need to be turned off to fly well?

Does it help to disable while you fly? Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JarJarBinks on
abmukh80

boeing 737-600 NAV1

Hi guys, I recently downloaded the westjet 737-600 from the flyaway library. Its a brilliant aircraft- new sound, new panel, etc. A kickass machine. Only one problem. I'm unable to switch on the NAV-1 switch for ILS. I mean I can tune NAV-1 to the d...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
abmukh80 on
Doyley

Mini FSX

If your computer can't keep up with running FSX, try out this lite version.. http://flightsimx.archive.amnesia.com.au/ 😂😂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Doyley on
ollyau

Flight Simulator X: Acceleration

Microsoft's new expantion pack for Flight Simulator X now has an official trailer. Check it out at FS Insider: http://dev.fsinsider.com/news/Pages/AccelerationTrailer.aspx. I have read that Flight Simulator X: Acceleration will have: "*Multiplaye...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
abmukh80

777 panel problem

Hi guys, Any 777 aircraft I download from any site dosen't show up the panel on FSX cockpit. I've checked the "panel" and "gauges" folder, everything seems to be fine in comparison to other planes. Does FSX support 777 at all? Please help me solve t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
abmukh80

FSX emergency

Hi guys, Is there any concept of an emergency in FSX? And if u can how to do it? What happens exactly and how ur aircraft is given priority by ATC. Must be interesting. Was thinking for a while, such a huge game and no concept of emergency! Not pos...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Doyley on
PhilTaylor

FSX-DX10 : 2nd Update

here http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/archive/2007/07/13/friday-the-13th-is-here-and-so-is-the-2nd-fsx-dx10-progress-report.aspx I hope you find it useful...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PhilTaylor on
jonnycash

setting up FMC in FSX for Wilco B777, need help

Can anyone please explain in detail how to setup the FMC in Wilco or any other capable airplane in FSX. I have been reading about it but did't get any good website that explained in detail. If you can either explain or just post some links where I can l...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mdaskalos on
abmukh80

FSX addons

Hi guys, I was looking out for 2 FSX add-on components which could make my flying more challenging and real! 1. Is any weather update window available on the cockpit panels which updates weather ahead of you-realtime? 2. I also needed a CD which ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
737FLIER on
jetman35

Just purchased Xgraphics and..

I found that the clouds to be VERY detailed and accurate however I take a big hit in fps when in detailed clouds are selected. I played around with the other settings and trying to find the best combination. For the price, it's totally worth it. Jetm...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FlightSimX on
Thunder-01

Firewall ON or OFF while on-Line?

My Friends, I'm curious - Does it matter whether MY Firewall is ON or OFF while hosting Multi-Player sessions or while participating in one? I'm not sure I want to turn it off but, if it's preventing people from joining my session, or if I'll gain someth...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
n7xlq1 on
Riche

Don't know how to install FSX add-ons

i dont no where to post but i have hade a membership here for three years and i still don no how to instal the files!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bawls327 on
piper_wichmon

sinking into the runway?

This is probably something I'm doing wrong but most of the time, when I go to land, when I touch the run way, I sink into it. Could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? 1. Take off AP (if I'm using it) 2. Line up 3. Increasingly put flaps 4. Landi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
effieveda on
Flyguy41983

No desktop Icon

Everytime I download FSX there is no desktop icon. How can I use FSX without the Icon. Where is it located?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
effieveda on
anonymouse91

Civil Air Patrol Mission

I need a bit of help on this mission. I can find the pilot easily but when it comes to landing, it goes a bit pear-shaped. Sometimes when landing (either to pickup the pilot or to land at the end), the back wheel and tail goes into the ground and/or the a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
anonymouse91 on
chrisjoi

Dream Computer for FSX

I am preparing to replace my computer. I would like to find out what a FSX dream computer would have. It has to run at least three monitors and full FSX settings. So far I have decided to use 4GB Ram, dual 8800GTX cards and a quad core processor. N...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JLangevin on
piper_wichmon

Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick Problem in FSX

I have a Logitech extreme 3d pro joystick. when i go to change the camera, and make the SLIGHTEST movement, my plane turns completely to whatever direction the movement was made. it's calibrated perfectly in the center. i tried to change the sensitivit...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JarJarBinks on
slicer81

Free game recorder

Anyone know of any free game recorders? like record my flights? thx, or how can i load my flights if i record them and save them? then post them on youtube maybe? Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
myers62

aircraft lights fsx

hello was wondering why at night time i dont see the cabin lights on the plane is very dark only thing i see is strobe lights on and wing lights on....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PhilTaylor on
slicer81

New gfx card, planes look wierd.

Well i got this new gfx card and i have like rivets/choppy on my plane tail, wings, etc. Any1 know why? :'(...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
slicer81

New gfx card

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8211259&productCategoryId=pcmcat107700050041&type=product&id=1166235562418 will that increase my performance (less lag, able to turn settins up higher) compared to http://www.diamondmm.com/S9250PCI256.php ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Splitdog

How do you install the SDK found on disc 1?

Thanks!! :oops:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
truckernick

how to change your screen name

Does anybody no how i can change my screenname....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Thunder-01

Loss Of Control on Climb out

FSX w/SP1 -- I just had a rather harrowing experience while departing LCK for ATL: Acft – B737, altitude: climbing thru FL195 for FL220, Hdg: 235, IAS about 200Kts and increasing, autopilot engaged. I got a stall warning and pushed the throttles to full...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Thunder-01 on
dan_cbw

Alienware Comp...

I'm thinking of getting an alienware computer but need advice on how it will perform. Would anyone know what type of fps I could expect with this: Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E4400 2.00GHz 2MB Cache 800MHz FSB Operating System: Genuine Windows® ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Ravie on
Gulio

How do I unsubscribe?

Hi I accidentally made an account. how do i unsubscribe? Ty...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
fs98hater

fsx baggage doors

😕 if tried to make the baggage doors of an airliner open for a long time pls tell me how to get the baggage viecles and the baggage doors open key comands???...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bawls327 on
truckernick

your pc has run out of avalible memory

Your computer has run out of available memory please turn down settings i get this right about when i'm landing anybody know why. thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JLangevin on
gronji2004

FSX CTD

Hey, Installed FSX today on Vista. Then installed FSX SP1. When I load the game and click "Fly Now" when the load bar gets to the "Loading Autogen Scenery" bit, Vista says: Microsoft Flight Simulator X has stopped responding! It does this every...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
ReinB

Increasing computer-memory from 2 to 4 Gb : will it help?

Will increasing my computer-memory from 2 to 4gb make much difference in FSX-performance? System-specs: Intel Dual Core 6400 2,13 Ghz Geforce 8800 GTS 640 Mb 2 GB DDR2-SDRAM HD 320 Gb 7200 Rpm Vista FSX with SP-1...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Habu on
cthiggin

xGraphics - WOW

Hellow Fellow Simmers, My last post asked for your reviews on several add-on programs - Many of you folks responded - but most were the "raves" for xGraphics, even RadarMan - WELL I downloaded this evening - at IT"S SUPERB - My gosh, the graphics are ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
rowcoach

Putting FSX on a second computer

I'm in the process of buying a new system. Will I still be able to download and register the copy of FSX I already have - or do I need to purchase a new one?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Rogerpaolo

capturing my landings on video

In the help file of fs2004 and fsx it says that you can record your flight on video. IN the menus I cannot find an option on how to do this. Can anybody tell me how to do this? I would like to capture some take-offs and landings on video, to see what they...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Karlw

Link to where I can get this KC-135 Aircraft?

aircraft sorry it cut me off. Anyways I know that this is not the CS 707 because im pretty sure it doesn't have those engine so if anyone can please post a link to where I can get it thanks. ➡ https://flyawaysimulation.com/images/10/microsoft...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Karlw on

How realistic is FSX weather ?

How realistic is FSX weather ? can you get into trouble flying into a storm ?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
symbolman

London City Airport (challenge)

Hi, Just a tip to pass on a tip for a challenging flight. London City Airport is good for a tough landing. It's a great view as you come in on approach, but does test settings as there's a lot of scenery. But the landing is very tight. You can't go too ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
saint4 on

Will this increase my FPS

Hi, After reinstalling windows and getting a new tft lcd I can not get the settings right in fsx to display the level of detail I had before which was quite high without no autogen but still looked good with airport traffic, ground vehicles etc and fps...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
saint4 on
legos4me

Need To Backup Flightlog & Other Files

Hi, I am suddenly experiencing a lot of problems with FSX, and I have already completed a repair installation to no avail. I am going to completely remove and reinstall from scratch, but I want to be sure to backup all of my relevant files (flightlog,...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
legos4me on
Page 38 of 66