Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

DaveG35

A321 Problems

While approaching Hilo in the A321, I suddenly noticed on the MFD that the TOGA function had been engaged, along with something called "AFLOOR." What the heck happened, and how do I prevent it and/or fix it? I don't see "AFLOOR" anywhere in any document...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Brynjaminjones

Wet Runways

Does anyone know how to get the runways to be shiny when they are wet? Maybe my computer's not goog enough!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Sno0ze

Fuel Calculation.

Ok guys, I've been wondering how to do this properly since I can't find any info on it in the learning center apart from how to fuel the plane. How do you calculate how much fuel you will need for a flight? See the thing apart from obvious reasons of it b...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bes-o-matik on
markhyder

3D Glasses work with FSX?

Will the 3D Glasses work with X?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
markhyder on
Smailey112

Engine Heat

Hi, I have been looking at some pictures on some web sites, and I have seen that the heat comes from the engine, and makes some of the image blurry!!! THAT IS SOOO REALISTIC. http://www.fs2004.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=7&pos=33 What do I ha...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Karlw

Posky 767 and any posky aircraft

can they work in fsx with fsx sound and a fsx panel?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
n8dawg

FSX and adding missions in Vista

Hi everyone. I am having issues with adding missions in Vista. If I download a mission, such as Argentine Ski Trip, I can't get it to come up in Vista if I put in wither the missions or main folder. Anyone else having this problem? I am much happier w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
n8dawg on
Taylor

real life aviation

hello everyone. i am almost 15 and i have a few question about my ppl. the first one is when do i start getting lessons. my next question or request would be for someone to tell me when i do things like stalls landings etc... and also i know i have to be ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
x pilot on
freedspeak

WOP planes wont display any more ...

All of a sudden my Wings Of Power WWll Fighters box set airplanes wont display in the image box of the main screen. The default aircraft still display. Any ideas?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

Software Development Kit installation

I seem to be having a problem installing the SDK in FSX. I get the following error message when I start the install file. "1607. Unable to install Install Shield Scripting Runtime" Any ideas out there? Thanks, 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Sno0ze

Stupid Question

Hello all, This is a really stupid question and I don't know how I don't know the answer but, what's APU and what does it do? I see APU Gen and APU start stuff and I think 😳 Thanks in advance, ~Sno0ze...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

Fuel Truck Glitch & How to add Fuel Trucks to an airport

Hi fellow simmers. Every airport i fly too and request a fuel truck when parked up correctly at the relevant gate or parking (boeing 737), the fuel truck starts to arrive, but then just as its almost at my gate, it slows down and stops, waits afew mins...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Murfi on
waj2306

Adding to the Default Music?

How could you ADD music to the default list? I'm thinking George Thorouhgoods "Bad To The Bone', or some CCR! The default tunes make me want to go watch "The Sound Of Music", or something!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
waj2306 on
nadeem

how do you get the gate to move to your plane

I've been trying to get the gate onto the planes door but i dont know how and why it doesn't do that like on this plane...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
saint4

Outside Spot & Locked

Hi, I used to be able to view outside view: spot but now since using the top down view i can only get outside view: locked. How do i get it back to Outside view: spot Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
saint4 on
futurepilot

fuel truck

Well, I finally tried a free flight in a place other than the U.S. It was Heathrow airport. I just wanted to fly a traffic pattern, so that I could fly some and test to see if the gate services work, instead of just backing out and going to another gate. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
futurepilot on

Flight sim X freezing problems

I've ran flight sim X on my computer and it has worked long enough to complete all but 2 missions. For some reason lately it won't get past the initial loading screen without freezing. I haven't changed any hardware in my comp or any settings that I kno...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tangojay on
africanbush

do you need a rudder button on a joystick

do you need to get a joystick with a rudder function to play this game...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
SwordfishSix

A Rave Review for FSX

I am halfway into the mission list and have flown everything from Ultralights to Gliders to Jumbo Jets. My frame rate is sometimes slow, but the overall gameplay, graphics, and cleverness of the people who put this game together get a X out of X from me! ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
MonsoonMally

Landing on auto-pilot.

Naturally enough, one of the skills I need to practice, is landing. Sometimes, when I fly airliners, I wish to use auto-pilot to land - primarily so I can watch and improve my manual technique, which, frankly, is pretty hit and miss at the moment. I...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Spoty101

Demo?

I sure wish they could come with a demo were you can only fly on a small part of the world and get 1 to 2 airplanes to fly. That would be great, do you think microsoft would do something like that? 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 ԍ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Gewad on
makoshark

Cost

Does anyone here know how much this game will cost?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Gordon21 on
gizmopilotdk47

Computer blackout!???

I have a problem with my flightsimulator. Sometimes when i fly my screen turns blue the sound lacks, and the computer restarts. It did it 5 times yesterday... Anyone know what that is?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
freedspeak

Question about screen resolution ...

I have my screen resolution in the game set at 1600x1200x32. What does the 32 mean? I could also set my resolution to 1600x1200x16. What would the difference be?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
freedspeak on
FSX2468

Computer Disk Drive

How much does a speed of the cd drive matter in game play. For instance, how would a 48X drive be superior to a 8X drive? Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
BcBobster

"Pulsing" static on 2 flights, then...

Pulsing static on 2 flights, then during the flight it goes away, anyone else ever get this sound on their speakers? I can't even here my co-pilot... Would love to fix this... BcBobster...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mdaskalos on
leo1999

cant see extra cameras in menu

i played fsx demo. there are outside, spot, tower, fly by..etc camera options. i try to install full version but i have 1935 error. than i solve this in this topic " https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/21980/error-1935-rolling-back-action/ ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
leo1999 on
hacostam

FSX Sucks

I have a P4 - 3.06 . 1.5 GB, 256MB Nvidea Video Card and the best frame rate I am getting is 10 is medium low.. I am working with Windows Vista and for me, this is a nightmare.. Do you know what I can do to I improve this..??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Sno0ze on
ThePatriot76

Default Flight?

Strange thing happen on the way to fly... When I go to fly, any aircraft or airport, I get the plan I picked but it starts with me airborne flying over some island? I don't know what happen, maybe I downloaded something that changed the default fligh...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ThePatriot76 on
rbfly

FSX replay

Hi, is there any way to watch a replay for your flight other than Flight Analysis? I would like to watch my landing from the tower in a replay, I remember older versions used to do this?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
ThePatriot76

Painting Aircraft?

❓ Can you paint/repaint aircraft in FSX with Paint Shop Pro. 7? Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Mike333

Flight Yoke and Flight Pedals w/ Flight Sim X Deluxe Edition

I am selling both my CH Products Flight Yoke and Pedals. I am also throwing in a copy of Flight Simulator X Deluxe Edition. The ebay link is at the bottom. If interested let me know, thanks much guys....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
x pilot on
PapaJohn

nose rises on touchdown and aircraft stalls

hi guys just found this website and looks great. need some help thou! the last few times I have flown an ILS appraoch into an airport and got over the runway, before touchdown I have turned the autopilot masterswitch off, turned off the autothrottle...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
FLIGHT SIMER

Does anyone have flight sim x deluxe?

I am not sure if it is really as great as they claim. Not sure if i want to buy it just yet. i already have flight sim 2004 should i change. DOES ANY ONE HAVE ANY ADVICE...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
hatescheese

airport controlls

does anyone know the contolls for the airport such as jet gateways, refuelling trucks, taxi cars ect?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
stereomatic

Stairs.. ?

hey sometimes when you got 747 or 777 its not possible to park neat the jet ways you have special parking for heavy airplaines...now my quetion is if there is some key that brings you the stairs to the airplain if there is no jetway ?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Gommy on
dream come blue

DREAMLINER?

does anyone think FSX will have the 787 dreamliner? that would be great! will it replace the 737? EDIT! Your link does not point to an aircraft, if you aren't a spammer post it again. :radar:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

autopilot!!!!!!!

just got the game. how do u toggle auto pilot???...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
futurepilot on
Capt AndyM

help!! end up on the grass when flying ILS inot KLAS

hi guys...hope you can help! just did KLAX to KLAS in a B747-400. Everything went great, i got cleared to land onto 25L at KLAS which is at an altitude of 2181ft. I hit the approach button about 12-13nm out at 3,800ft which was what atc assigned me...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Murfi

747 Landing Issues

I'm having a problem using the N1, when I set it and set approach on it turns to the right and descends at a dangerious v/s and crashes. Can somebody please tell me what I should have on and off for N1 approach. Please don't link me to joleggs guide, ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Murfi on
wombat457

ATC problem

I have just finished a repaint using Abacus FSRepaint and have given it a new airline name (Pegasus Airlines). I have set the "properties" for the new airline and have added them to the CGF file in FS2004, however ATC does not recognise the new airline n...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Murfi on

TACAN

NLC (113.30) is a TACAN station in LeMoore, CA. It appears to have DME capability only in the Bombardier, with no directional info at all coming to the pilot. Does anyone know how to navigate using TACAN? Dave...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
faust1200 on
barkoman

BUILDING A FLIGHT SIMX PC - ANY IDEA'S WELCOME

Hey all, I have a PC that is four years old...basically time for a new one. I love X so much that I am building a new PC to specifically meet the needs for it. I am concerned that once I get the PC, it will be lacking in some areas. I want to be able t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
gordo316

Funny thing happened on the way to 15,000 feet

On my flite sim X I have been flying the air creation trike out of my local airfield. This is Branch County Memorial Airport at Coldwater, Michigan. (koeb). When I have tried to land I could not get he trike to come down. Shut off the engine and did ess t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
gordo316 on
Sno0ze

Trim..

Hi guys, It's been a while since my last post so hello to everyone again. So uh yeah I have a severe and I mean severe problem with controlling trim. I do not know what the hell is going on. I get to my assigned altitude and heading etc, and I notice ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
x pilot

i am running fsx and vista

hi there guys, i posted here not so long ago, i have fixed my pc problem, this is what i am running fsx ddelux on amd athlon 3500+, 2 gig ram with 250 meeg hard drive and geforce 7600 agp graphics card... new windows vista business verion (32bit...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Sno0ze on
bentley

No Visual Jetways, Can anyone help me

I must be doing something wrong, I have no visual jetways at any of my airports. I have the special effects on high, my scenery on high, but all i see are box looking airports. I also cant seem to arrive at an airport with fuel truck. Thansk for your hel...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
au4bear

Changing Airline list

Is it possible to change or add an airline to the default list? I have tried adding to the airline.cfg but the voice doesn't recognize the new name and only gives the flight no. Any ideas wouod be appreciated. Bear...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
mdaskalos

Climb Rate Problem???

Perhaps this is somehow related to the Indicated Airspeed issue brought up in another thread. I was flying a CRJ-700 from TJSJ to KMIA in fair weather, calandar month January, mid-AM departure. I'm climbng from 20,000 feet to 30,00 on autopilot, speed ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
ThePatriot76

SATA HDD

I have a WDJB 80G hdd 7200RPM. If I went to a SATA would it be that much faster? I really don't know much about SATA. Thanks in advance....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ThePatriot76 on
Page 52 of 66