Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Civili

Is there supposed to be speach in non-tut missions?

I decided to try one of the "just for fun" missions, where im flying with a friend and my engine stops. I noticed that there was no speach, only written dialog. Is this how its supposed to be?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
anonymouse91 on
mpf858

GAWDAWFUL Long Time Loading Scenery

I run FSX on a multimedia screamer (Intel Core2 Extreem dual-core processor with 2.66GHz 1066 FSB and 8Mb cache, 4Gb SDRAM @ 667MHz, Dual 1Gb NVIDIA GeForce7950 GX2 Dual GPU Graphics Card Quad SLI, etc.). I installed a couple of humongous scenery/terra...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FlightSimX on
lionlicker

jepperson real-weather downloads "playing up" at t

Is it just me, or is there a problem with weather downloads? When I choose real-weather(static) the progress bar indicates a successful download - but then the computer either spits the dummy, or pauses for a few seconds, and accepts a partial download - ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
737FLIER on
Civili

Helicopter landing tips?

Im on the helicopter mission, where im supposed to land in different spots. Ive managed to land in that big green sqare, but the additional sqares are almost impossible to land on :S Im using f1-f4 buttons, + the arrow keys. Is there something ive miss...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
moore on
b3mmredm

FSX supporting SLi

Does FSX now support SLi with SP1 installed? And also, does Windows Vista support SLi because i read somewhere it doesn't. Can't remember where?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PhilTaylor on
cthiggin

How do I attach a file to my post?

Hello fellow simmers, I want to attach my fsx.cfg, wordpad file, so you folks can take a look at it and possibly help me out. I can't understand how to "attach" it to my post. Thanks in advance, cthiggin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cthiggin on

5.1 sound system for FSX

5.1 sound system for FSX ? does FSX support it ? what sound system do you use ?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
GREEKHELL

PMDG AIRCRAFTS AND FSX

Is there anyone who knows about the compatibility between FSX and PMDG aircrafts???...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
freedspeak

About scenery cache

The box "Empty scenery cache on exit" is checked by default in the scenery library. What are the effects of unchecking it?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

Whats the difference between the following sliders....

Whats the difference between... Airline Traffic Density and General Aviation traffic Density? I ask because when i hover the mouse over them they both state the exact same thing. Cheers. Joske...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jellrod on
Civili

What do you do in FSX, after all the missions?

How much fun is fsx after all the missions are completed? I know this game has a huge amount of fans, but how entertaining is it after a while? Im not sure how much cash i want to spend on this game..The joystick i want is rather expencive, so i want t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
737FLIER

Help me make a new computer

If you are willing to, please go to dell.com and make a computer for under $1,500 that would run FSX the best. Then post the configuration. Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
737FLIER on
arulu

Open GL

Friends can anyone please explain what is open GL and what is the actual function of it. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
anonymouse91 on
pb21

recording video in flight sim x

I have problems recording video ie it judders on playback. specs are: amd 64 x 2 4200 gigabyte ga-k8nxp-sli 4 x 512 mb ddr ram crucial in dual mode bfg geforce 7950 gt 512 mb graphics 2 x raptor 150 in striped mode this board should be fine for...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pb21 on
anonymouse91

Mission Frustration!

Just tried the Hawaiian Checkout mission and failed. First time, it rendered it wrong thinking I crashed into the water when I was on final! I tried again with the Simulation rate increased for most of the flight and managed to land but it leapt forwards ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
astrosteve

My Pilot Record so far with FSX

This is what I have been able to achieve and still keep a job/life. How about you??? https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/28470/my-pilot-record-so-far-with-fsx_0463f0a9344612129615005418450176.jpg https://forum.flyawaysimulation.c...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Guest001

Installing a Graphics Card

I'm planning on upgrading my graphics card but I'm wondering if it is difficult to install a new one? I'm not familiar with this kind of stuff, and I wish to know if it's difficult to do, or it is simple like installing RAM on your computer??? Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
effieveda on

editing the aircraft.cfg file to add new livery

I need some help. I am trying to add a new livery for the boeing 747 but after I make the necessary additions in aircraft.cfg, I cannot save the file. It gives me the following message: Cannot create C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games......\aircraft.cf...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jellrod on
ronjones

error messages

Hi wonder if anybody could help, For no apparent reason i got an error mesage when i tried to run the game and i forgot to record the error Number. anyway i put disc 1 in and tried the repair facility but then again had an error message which i didnt take...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bugs Bunny on
b3mmredm

Question on FSX

When FSX was released, does it now take advantage of prcessors with multi-cores such as quad core? Has DX10 been released or can FSX support it when it is released Can FSX work on SLi now with SP1 or does it only take advantage of one graphics card ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

SP1 Benchmark: What Frame rate are you getting?

I'm really curious what kind of performance people are getting under SP1 with different configurations (especially dual & quad core setups). In order to accurately compare FPS, how about a benchmark test where everyone takes off from the same place wit...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
alastairgm on
Bran09

how can i really reduce blurries

look blurs is a big thing how can i reduce them alot...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
2robplaying on
Civili

Fatal errors with SP1

Ive reinstalled my game, installed SP1 and it made my fps alot better. But, everytime i try to save or restart a mission, i get a fatal error. I tried switching the view before i save, yet it only works half of the time.. I know there are more people w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
civili on
737FLIER

Power Supply

What are the benefits of having a higher watt power supply?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
JG3Bulldog

SP1 - Feedback

Well I have been playing with FSX since it's launch and although I only have one issue which is a sound issue everything worked well. I installed SP1 over a new install following the removal proceedures along with a re-boot and twice now the system h...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
mpf858

Terrain.dll?

I posted this in another Forum here but received no responses. Perhaps it belongs here: I purchased a MegaScenery CD for FS 2004, installed it, and used their 2004->FSX converter FS2004FSXlibraryUpdate to make the scenery compatible with FSX. Durin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mpf858 on
astrosteve

Please explain the lights next to the runway....

Can someone help me understand the 4 red/white light system on approach next to the runway. Thanks!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
astrosteve on
Mavix

Vista Home Basic and FSX

Will Vista Home Basic handle FSX? Will XP(SP2) be better? Also, does Vista Home Basic support DirectX 10? Lastly, is DirectX 10 out yet? Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ollyau on
Karlw

Why won't my shots show in the gallery

I save them in jpeg format then upload them using photos bucket submit it to the screenshot gallery and they never show up why? and here is the shot I was trying to put in there https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/28368/why-wont-m...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kennwaskiewicz on
JLangevin

Some clarification about overclocking.... **Information**

We will start wtih some background.. When I first purchased Flight Simulator X, my system included the following: Processor: Pentium 4 3.2ghz LGA775 - Watercooled Mobo: Intel D955XBK Mother board Memory: 1gig (2x512mb) PC2-4300 (533mhz) Sound Car...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JLangevin on
PhilTaylor2

FSX SP1 is Live!

I am pleased to announce that FSX SP1 is now live for downloading! Check the fsinsider site I have some important blog posts that need to be read: FSX SP1 is now live! FSX SP1😛reparing to Install FSX SP1:Aircraft and Scenery Fixes FSX ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
KEEGAN

FLIGHT SIMULATOR X DELUXE DISCS

Hey there i just bought the new fsx Deluxe from hmv for £55 the man who got the disks from the store room seemed a bit new and when i got home the disks just say flight simulator x when the case says fsx deluxe and when i go to install it the front page ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cheezyflier on
k_camacho11

2 Quick Questions About NAV/GPS Switch

I usually land my plane by having the NAV/GPS switch set to GPS and setting the approach on my GPS, then the autopilot lines up with the runway pretty good. But I just wanted to know, that if u have the NAV/GPS switch set to NAV, along with the Runway ILS...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jellrod on
Bran09

should i get the genreloaded autogen buildings

look ive been looking for the best buliding textures but will not effect frames alot...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bran09 on
bhortonap13

How do I take a Screenshot ? (FSX)

How can I take a screenshot during one of my flights, and how do i save it? Thanks !...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

Trimming an aircraft for level flight

If its not too much to ask, can anyone give me a step by step guide on trimming an aircraft. You can make it specific to the Cessna 172 in FSX, but i just need step by step written details on once i reach cruising altitude, how much trim to apply with wh...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
cthiggin

What is Tile Proxy

Reading another forum - simmer is talking about reducing sliders and using Tile Proxy to "overlay" terrain and that he has phenomenal visuals - even attached some photos which were very very very good. This is the first time I have read about Tile Proxy ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
cthiggin

Phantom Push-Back

Never had anything like this to happen before - I landed at an airport that I fly into alot, taxied to gate, stopped engines, Cntl+J to activate jetway. When jetway finished its cycle, all of a sudden, I started being pushed back - I could NOT stop it wit...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cthiggin on
JLangevin

Post pictures of your FSX rig...

Processor: .........E6300 Core2Duo 1.86ghz overclocked to 3.43ghz Orthos Stable Motherboard: .....Gigabyte 965P-DS3 v3.3 Memory: ............Patriot 2x1gb PC2-6400 800mhz overclocked to 1000mhz Cooling: .............Alienware Liquid Cooling System ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JLangevin on
bhortonap13

Is there software to design own liveries? (FSX)

Is there a program I could download to design and create my own liveries? If this is possible please fill me in. thanks !...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bhortonap13 on

How can I line myself up to the runaway?

I am a newbie in flight simulator and I would like to know how can I line myself up to the runaway when there is no vor station in the airport? That's my problem actually, I don't understand how can I do if I have to land on the runaway 19 to line myself ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Heyjoojoo on
cthiggin

Help again with ILS Landing POST SP1

Hello Fellow Simmers, Thought I had this all worked out and committed to memory. Flying ILS - Set Nav Radio to ILS Frequency - Set CRS to setting shown in Route - When I get ATC to turn such & such heading for localizer, I then turn on approach mode -...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Heyjoojoo on
otter

GPWS Sounds in FSX

I have question regarding GPWS sounds in FSX: When I had FS2004 I remember downloading some add-on that gave me very realistic sounding GPWS sounds. Two or three times in the past I have heard the same sounds coming from real cockpits as I was getting on ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
BucKFasT on
scooter2524

Baggage cars

has anyone noticed that if you open the cargo doors on CRJ the baggage cars crash into plane forcing the flight to reload. It actually happened when baggage cars leave. I guess you have to turn off option in realism that allows you to crash with other air...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jellrod on
effieveda

confused about ai

Hi all, I would still like to add some of my own aircraft to ai, but I am confused about the various files and where they go. I visited UltimateGA, which looks good, only it got me more confused. Is their stuff compatable with fsx? In which files or fold...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
effieveda on
Karlw

Whats the airport code for Kai Tak

Whenever I look for this airport it never shows the airport Kai Tak so if anyone could pleas give me the airport id please...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
JLangevin

Is this a record? 162fps with scenery sliders set to 100%???

Im wondering if this is a record. I was tinkering around with some video settings, and this was the result. This is a stock version of FSX with no tweaks other than SP1. I doubled my 80fps mark to 160. This is with traffic set to 40%. With traffic at 0%, ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
effieveda on
JLangevin

New Video... Kai Tak Approach

Well, I got bored tonight and decided to make another one of my videos. This one isnt too fancy, but I love this approach and cant wait until there is FSX addon scenery for this airport, espcially for night time (MS took out all lighting since this airpor...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JLangevin on
Welshflyer

Is it worth it

I'm just in the process of buying a new PC and viewing all the addons for FSX i'm seriously wondering if it's worth the bother at the moment. From what i've seen so far FSX offers nothing to give me that feeling that i've "just got to have it" if you know...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bawls327 on
Smailey112

New CPU

Earlier this , I just got a 8800 GTS and 3 gb of RAM. But my computer is still not handling FSX to great in all areas of the world. My current CPU is AMD Athlon X2 3800+. But it does not do very well. In 3D Mark 06, I get like 0 to 1 fps with my C...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Sno0ze on
Page 42 of 66