Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Heyjoojoo

Installing FSX: can you install FSX from the copying all....

Merry Christmas Hello all simmers, Is it possible to install FSX from the disk after copying all files from both DVDs to the hard disk? Will it still give the "insert DVD 2" message? - Kareem...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rafi on
paulchris2

window mode

Hey Folks, How do I go from full screen to window mode? I looked in the index under views and couldn't find how to do it. Paul...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rafi on
dpsmith

FSX Acceleration Problems

If someone could help. 1.Prior to installing FSX A instant replay worked. Since the installation instant replay caused the my system to crash. 2.After flying a plane from FSXA planes from FSX do not show up unless you exit the game and start it up agai...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dpsmith on
markhyder

landing 747

How do I land a 747? When the best time to lower the flaps and landing gear?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
D5Tweddle on
n7xlq1

incorrect local time in FSX.

Hey all. I'm having a problem with where FSX advances my local time an hour in Free Flight where I pick a local airport to fly. The only way to correct it is to reset the time. Is there a way to fix it. OH btw, I don't have DST....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
n7xlq1 on
pawj112

Help with FSX expansion pack.

I have recently installed the expansion pack for FSX. Prior to the install I had no problem running the simulator. Since installing the expansion pack I get an error message that states "Graphics card does not meet minimum requirements for shader suppor...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Razgr1z912 on
jetguy99

Backing up

Hey guys I know the turboprops/jetengines can back up but what about the sea planes? Thanks and merry christmas!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
jewkid80

How do you take screenshots?

How do you take screenshots?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
oldsamer on
jetguy99

Engine

How do you turn off the engine? I do auto shut down but i is still on. I need to know this because i am trying to get the jetway open i have down loaded the list of controls but it doesn't say. PS: I have cargo doors open and regular doors open....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jetguy99 on
letmepass

Computer reboots after 747.

Hellow.When i select to fly boeing 747-800 (standart version which is in fsxD) and after a short time of being in the cabin my computer reboots. When it restarts i get a win error.. http://www.freespaces.com/optimism/forum.jpg It reboots only wh...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
n7xlq1 on
rowcoach

where is the fsx.cfg file

I've been looking for the fsx config file to see about changing it for a duo core, but I can't find it under fsx.cfg. Does it go by another name?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Llain

geforce 8800 and FSX

HI I have just installed a Geforce 8800 gts 640mb. i did have a geforce 7600 gt 256mb but when i play FSX i do not see much of an improvement in frame rates, infact i think it has droped when i am in the cockpit of Level D 767. I was getting 8 fpm now it...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cthiggin on
scottyboy39

Default 737-800 aircraft.cfg

hey guys desprete need of help here.I down loaded some textures and had to change the aircraft.cfg and they dont work and now my default cfg is messed up that my 737-800 does not show up now.So can somebody please copy and paste in here their FSX Default...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
rowcoach

Paris Air Show Demonstration mission

Rumor has it that you can also get a postcard of the Eiffel Tower along with the Salemanship Trophy for completing the mission. I think you have to fly close enough to it for that to happen. Has anybody been able to get this? http://www.simtours.net/re...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
rowcoach on
paulchris2

Denali Base Camp Charter Mission

Hey folks, Seasons Greetings! It's a good thing I'm not a real Pilot. On the Denali Base Camp Charter Mission you have to make your first landing in the snow. Then, you can choose to pick up an injured person and return to Talkeetna. WHY can I not ta...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
rowcoach on

cargo pilot

I have it...it's okay, but not the most exciting add-on ever....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
chad_ryan86 on
effieveda

Latitude/Longitude

It seems to me I saw somewhere that you could change or add something in the fsx.cfg to make lat/lon read out in decimal minutes and seconds. Anyone know about this? Thanks in advance ... Art...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
effieveda on
letmepass

Error 1935 consequemce

Hellow again! 🙂 now i want to ask for the solution (if you know) for my problem.. So, i have mfs delux installed..actualy when i installed it i got an arror 1935 and reading this forum i made as it was writen (copied files, added msxml4.manifest...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Razgr1z912

Repainter Needed

Visit FlyBoeing and post on forms (you gotta register to post/see forums) or email to MasterDuncan5317@yahoo.com for info....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
morris91 on
Razgr1z912

Airport Editor.

Hey i found a Yaht Club around Juliana in FSX Aep and i wanna know if their is any program that i can add a runway next to the house around it and call it my private Yaht club 😀. I know i might have to do some paints but if their is any program t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jewkid80 on
PhilTaylor

SP2 is Live!

see https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2796/flight-simulator-x-service-pack-2/...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Michael_H on
Lee198

Stuff not happnin wot should...

Hi All, I'm new here. What a great site! I too have had the logbook disaster that seems to have hit a few people. This forum helped me out big time! A quick question for any of you kind folk who might know... I recently installed a Saitek X52 Pr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Lee198 on
oldsamer

Sp2 & old add-on A/C

After Sp2 install (see attached system details) I selected my ONLY add-on https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1427/fsx-cessna-l-19d-o-1d-model-305c-bird-dog-military/ FSX - Cessna L-19D (O-1D) model 305C, Bird Dog, Military version on wheels L1...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
oldsamer on
jewkid80

Aircarriers2

wheres the link to get the aircarriers2. thanks 😳...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
jewkid80

A-10 warthog

where can i get a good working a10 warthog...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
sgtrwmartin

Looking for help with a "gaming startup profile for XP

I thought it was here that someone posted how to make a gaming profile with XP---- where to go to find out all system processes that were safe to shut off to make a gaming profile so I dont have a bunch of bg processes running to increase performance on m...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
n7xlq1 on
Duck

CH Pro Yoke and pedals

I have bought a new Gateway computer and it came with Windows Vista. I purchased Flight Sim X and loaded it. In the past , I have using CH Pro Flight yoke and CH Pro rudder pedals. I have loaded the drivers for these controls, and the computer tells me th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Duck on
freak316

free flight aircraft carrier

where is the aircraft carrier located in free flight tab....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Razgr1z912 on
AApilot2012

[ Poll ] FLIGHT SIMULATOR

WHICH ONE DO YOU LIKE MORE...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
morris91 on
arulu

Resolution & framerate?

Friends I just recently got a new LCD monitor 19" wide screen. After changing the resolution according to the screen I see a great drop in framerate in FSX, drop about 5-7. Has this resolution has an effect on framerate? I am using Vista 32bit E6420 Duo C...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
n7xlq1 on
D5Tweddle

Startup

Hello, I am trying to achieve (without sucsess) the following: When I load FSX to have the engines off by default and the parking brake set as default (everytime I change or go to a new airport the aircraft travels forward without the brakes set)? ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
D5Tweddle on
jewkid80

how do u install the aicarriers2 program

how do u install the aicarriers2 program into a pc...or jus in what file do u put it in... 😳...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
honuala on
effieveda

Top down view

When I go into the "top down" view is the top of the screen true or magnetic north? The reason I ask is that, in slew mode, if I point the nose of my aircraft to 360* and move it left or right I see both latitude and longitude change. If I rotate it 10* c...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
effieveda on
N9NU

Awesome FPS with Vista 64, Acceleration and this PC - Tweaks

I know a lot if people would like to see Vista 64 disappear with respect to FSX and performance, but I am getting between 55-70- FPS with the following hardware and FSX settings. Granted I have one heck of a system, but it just goes to show you what DX 10...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
N9NU on
geolau59

Transfer of FSX Flight Accomplishments

What is the file name where all of my FSX flight accomplishments (badges, completed missions etc.) are stored? I want to be able to transfer these accomplishments from my old computer to my new one....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Razgr1z912

ACCELL CARRIER IN NON MISSIONS (HOW TO GET)

12:30 PM at Norfolk NS on FRIDAY. That is how you get the carrier thats when it docks irl and acceleration is very real, it has working ball/cat/cables....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ollyau on
freak316

slingload

is there anyway to fly the slingload mission in a easy cheat way....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
freak316 on
eddy315west

Problem With 747's Not Showing Up When I Start Game.

well first off id like to say that they were there and i didnt erase i hope ! i now because earlier in the day i had flown 2 747's. ok now when i go to c:\Program Files \Microsoft games \FSX\sim objects/ airlplanes\b747 the whole directory is there and...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
morris91 on
doubleb

Acitve Air/ X Graphics

Hi All, Just to let u know that the sp2 is out for both products. I've downloaded them and they work great. www.hifisim.com Cheers, BB...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
doubleb on
abmukh80

777 base pack for FSX

Hi Guys, I'm desperately lookin out for a 777 basepack for FSX. Any clue where do i find it. I get to see only the FS2004 stuff!!! Pl help. Cheers...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Llain on
arulu

FSX acceleration error

Fiiends after installing the expansion pack, FSX acceleration, the jetway is not funtioning. Has anyone noticed this?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
arulu on
mike93

how do u get the badgage truck?

hey whenever i press shift e 2 the main exit closes or opens and thrust lever shows or disapeers how do i open the badgadge place pls help...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cheezyflier on
Marty1248

Unable to see new downloads!

I have downloaded a new aircraft into fsx. The folders appear under the fsx folder, but the aircraft does not appear as one of the aircraft choices. Can you assist? Marty...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
morris91 on
Tailhook

ScruffyDuck

ScruffyDuck has just released a new Airport Design Editor. Airport Design Editor (ADE) is a graphical design tool to create and enhance airports for Microsoft Flight Simulator X. It takes it's inspiration from the excellent AFCAD2 developed for FS9 by...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
effieveda on
Rozal

Help! I installed FSX Acceleration and I have a Black Screen

Well, when I had XP it worked fine, then I upgraded to Vista and now I get a black screen whenever I want to fly. Even the area that shows the aircraft you've selected (360 view) is black. Yes I tried updating my Drivers. Yes my hardware is more than e...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rozal on
Bullitt06

Lockup when I close FSX

My computer runs fine untill I close FSX down then I get normal desktop but the cursor doesn't highlight any icons and is useless. When I (hard reboot) everything is fine again untill I close down FSX then the compuer locks up. Any help would help....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bullitt06 on
tricky42

Jumping left and right.

When I am flying The aircraft keeps on jumping from side to side, Is it a P.C. problem or F.S.X. Its so annoying to get lined up with the runway for landing and it jump's to the right or left and hits a tree. Im running Windows xp home and F.S.X. De...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Rifro

Choosing Gates

Is it possible to choose gates at your arrival airport? It seems you just have to go to the gate to the one that FSX chooses for you, often all the way on the other side of the airport or somewhere you dont want it....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
n7xlq1 on
sgtrwmartin

How do I make this happen?

I just started flying with a VA, and for the first time (before hand I rarely taxied to gates, just parking etc. etc.) and I couldnt get the ramp to come up to the a/c and I couldnt get a refuel truck and stuff there. I know it can be done because Ive see...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cheezyflier on
baesys

View from my Bedroom windown & garden

Approach into Blackpool ( sometimes they turn over my garden and sometime they come on a long straight appraoch like the ryanair) Jet2 737-300 G-CELC "Jo Whiley" (From my Garden) https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/31214/view-from...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
baesys on
Page 33 of 66