Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

paulchris2

FSX Acceleration

Hey folks, is it true that FSX Acceleration will not work if I am running Windows XP? I received an email for ordering the expansion pack, but I think I read someone's post here that it would be a problem because it is made for Windows Vista? I checked...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
kaz01007

Autopilot, perfect landings and flying the plane

I often see either movies or screenshots of absolutely perfect (to my still inexperienced eyes) landings. Right on the dime and in the middle of the runway. For those hitting the mark every time, I’d like to know more about you. Are you using autopil...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kaz01007 on
freedspeak

Question about upgrade

What would be the one most obvious component upgrade to get rid of the blurries at higher airspeeds? I suspect it would be a more powerful processor. Athlon 64 3000+ Gigabyte K8 Triton mobo Audigy2 ZS All in Wonder X800XL PCIe 256mb 3 gig DDR 400 ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Remyx on
effieveda

EZ Scenery

Does anyone know if Abacus' ez scenery will work with fsx? Thanks in advance ... Art...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
effieveda on
Zeemon

Flight Simulator X Sound issue

Hello everyone, I'm having a strange problem with Flight Simulator X. My sound is starting to act strange whenever it needs to play a lot of sounds at the same time, for example in the 4 engine 747. It keeps on playing sound but I can only hear half o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Zeemon on
loner001

running FSX

Hi All, recently i have read all the bad comments about fsx. I use a packard bell pentium 4 computer with a factory graphics card a nvidia 6200le all i've done so far is put in 2gb of memory. and i can get fsx to run reasonably well with the settings most...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
paulchris2 on
Heyjoojoo

FSX still not saving flights, keeps crashing upon..

It seems that FSX keeps having problems when the application is shutdown. Otherwise, it runs beautifully, very good framerates. But when I close it down, Windows Vista gives a 'fatal error' message and then wants to restart FSX. I'm a little confused o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Heyjoojoo on
JLangevin

My F-14 Tomcat Video...

I was pretty bored tonight and couldnt sleep... its now 3:50am Pacific and I started on this video at around 10:30... so thats 5 hrs. I hope you guys enjoy! Since Photobucket only allows 5min videos, and mine was 5:04, it cut off the fade out portion of t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rolaids on
ollie1234567890

BEST MISSION ON FSX

Whats the best mission on FSX do ya think? I personally love the World Travel mission where you have an engine shut down and can choose to fly South to Honimadoo which is further or North to Male which is shorter distance but a much shorter runway for ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kennwaskiewicz on
paulchris2

Mission Bug?

Hey Folks, I was going for some extra medals on the missions and noticed a problem on Tutorial #10 - Helicopter take off & landing mission. The mission is simple, you have to fly through five gates and land. But, after you complete this goal the voic...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
paulchris2 on
Heyjoojoo

FSX is not saving settings....

I'm not sure why FSX doesnt want to save the default flight. It keeps defaulting back to the original flight as if it were just reinstalled. No matter how many times I make flights and then save them to default. Has anyone else had the same problems? ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Heyjoojoo on
mossy

Flight Planning software for radar contact v4

Can anyone recommend flight planning software that wil let me plan a flight then export it to radar contact (v4), or tell me what is going wrong here? I have super flight planner but when I save it's flight plans and try to open them in radar contact the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mossy on
7ECA-Captain

Signatures...

How do I put a picture in my signatre area? I have some pictures in the my pcitures of my computer and would like to download one to my profile. DOH......

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Heyjoojoo

What are the optimum video card settings for FSX?

I know that NVidia has its own control panel within the operating system. I've never touched those settings before but rather depended on their default settings. Should I tweak those? What's best for FSX? - Kareem...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
kaz01007

Radio static

Has anyone had static problems with FSX? Whenever I run FSX and begin flying I get a terrible static or screeching sound intermitantly. This doesn't just happen when TAC is speaking, but anytime. I've reinstalled and checked speakers, etc. This...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
effieveda

My Logbook Quit

I don't know why, but for some reason my last several flights have not been recorded in my logbook. Anyone have any ideas why? Thanks in advance ... Art :dontknow:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
doubleb

best navigation

whats the best method of navigation when in multiplayer mode. i normally use ifr in single and listen to the atc...and in multiplayer i use gps but not all planes have gps.. thanks BB...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
effieveda on
ollie1234567890

NEW ACTIVATION KEY

Hi guys, Ive had FSX for a while, but not been able to play it for a few weeks as i need a new activation key. I did'nt (and I'm sure that you didn't!) know that you can only install it 5 times i think it is, but i installed it and re-installed it ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
RobertCezar

Beaver Amphibian Checklists

Hi, My name is Robert Cezar and I have developed a system called It's Your Plane ... a voice controller and virtual co-pilot for FS9 and FSX. I am currently interfacing the FSX Beaver Amphibian, but I cannot find the CHECKLISTS anywhere on the Web. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mossy on
Seideric

Airports, Fun, Beautiful, and/or Dangerous.

Hi all, I have been away for a while after my motherboard started burning up capacitors (6) and messed up my HD. Rebuild my rig and loaded FSX for the first time. Lost all my down loads and will have to restart by checking the few backups I have. But...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Seideric on
paulchris2

What is the order of hierarchy of this site?

Hey folks, What is the rank of hierachy on this site. For example, you start as a trainee and then what, and why?, and how?. Furthermore, how to I add a giant logo after my posting - not the avatar, the huge plane for example? Just wondering, Paul...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
7ECA-Captain

Fellow FSX Newbies?

Hi, I would love to talk to some of those who are new to FSX as well as those who are a little more experienced so we can get more enjoyment out of the sim and share input to common problems as we learn about it. Perhaps some of us have experienced and de...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
Michael_H

running FSX and FS9 on the same machine

Are any of you doing this? I have FSX running very nicely on a new machine I just built a couple of weeks ago. But I would really like to use my PMDG 737, so was planning to install FS9 as well. I would not install to 'C' but obviously a load of FS9 ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Michael_H on
Mavix

FSX won't start: GFX Card 24-bit color

I have a problem with FSX. A while ago, for no apparent reason, FSX wouldn't start, telling me that my GFX card was running in 24-bit color. What's strange is that the day before it had worked. Between then and now I have re-installed it about three times...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
JamieMedic84

Newbie Question

I recently purchased FSX mainly for the helicopter simulation part... I have already added several really nice helicopters ranging from the EC-135 and EC-145 to the famous Huey and Chinook... The question I have is this... is there a way to pick the heli...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
kane92

Taxi way signs

i was wondering if anyone knew of a download i can get that makes the taxi way sign board things that show the taxi ways and runways on it look a bit better...... i have seen people with some screenshots of them flying with some awesome ones.... i have on...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GundamWZero on
Mc_GaNgStA

FSX Realism.

Hi everyone, I don't have FSX as yet, and I don't think that what I'm going to ask works with FS2004 but anyways. After having noticed some real-life effects FSX has, such as the engines going on fire and sparks that are created when there's a tail strik...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
7ECA-Captain

3D or not 3D???

Hi, Has anyone tried the 3D glasses for FSX? I'm wondering how you liked them and what brand you would recommend? Are these really worth the hundred bucks, or are they just another gimmick you can do without? Of course any thing that makes the FSX experie...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
chad_ryan86

FPS Suggestions

I have the following specs: Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3GHz 4 GB RAM EVGA GeForce 8800GTX Seagate 500GB Hard Drive 700W PSU Vista 32-bit My frame rates are still not that great in busy areas with fairly high settings (about 8-12 fps at busy airport...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
abmukh80 on
Splitdog

Opening screen problem

On the first page of the fsx as soon as I open the game, the plane down in the bottom section is normal until I put the mouse arrow there. Then it divides into four horizontal lines that don't synchronize. Its hard to explain. I wish I could get it back t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
abmukh80

747-100

Hi there, Recently I downloaded a PIA 747-100 aircraft (dont remember which library it came from). It is a beautiful machine to fly but after you fly for sometime on autopilot you cant control your throttle anymore. Neither you can restart the engines....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mat3329 on
swiffer88

dual monitor single card

hey guys I have a evga 8800gts card with two output on the back of it.. can I plug a second small monitor on the card without loosing to much fps in fsx. The second monitor would be like a 10in maybe, just to load google earth and google earth tracker....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
oldsamer on
effieveda

WX file

Could someone please explain just exactly what a .wx file is and how to use them. Thanks in advance ... Art...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
effieveda on
reinasofia

Instrument checkride - always fail on touch down

I have gone through the instrument checkride so many times now, I can run the whole flight without a making a single error, but on landing the instructor tells that the plane has crashed. I have tried landing with nav on auto pilot and it still fails m...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
reinasofia on
Mschumi

FSx Acceleration release date

Expected: 26th October, 2007th That's off an australian game site, so I dunno if it'll release in america before then or not. 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Aldeeb

Fly the Lune Gorge

An interesting UK flight is by Microlight from Carlisle airport southwards and through the Lune Gorge, following the M6 Motorway at a height of around 1500 ft. The Motorway is so true to reality that the loops of the North and Southbound carriageways ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Aldeeb on
paulchris2

Mission instructions

Hello Folks, Does anyone know how to get instructions repeated on the missions? In the 'Foul Weather Water Rescue', there's an instuction that says go W for two min. then N for 4 min, the E for 2 min etc, etc,.. The message disappears as soon as it is ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cheezyflier on
paulchris2

Mission Creation Kit

Hello, I looked in the Index under Missions and it says that there is a 'Mission Creation Kit'. There is a link to FSInsider.com, but, I checked it out and found nothing about the kit. Supposedly it comes with the Deluxe version, which I have. Does ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
EW193

How do we get a new plane on the the game?

We downloaded a military aircraft, but we can't get it to come up on the game. How do we do this? My husband wants to use this plane desperately and we paid our $5 to get it....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GundamWZero on
Heyjoojoo

so what do you about these graphics cards?

I currently have a Geforce 7600 GT (by EVGA) and am in the market for a newer, better card. I'm using Vista 32b Ultimate, Duo 2 Core, 2 gigs of RAM, etc. I enjoy running FSX but looking to improve some smoothness, gain better frame rates, and push a littl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Heyjoojoo on
ollyau

FSX Acceleration: found in a science magazine

Today I was reading the Popular Science magazine and I came across this: https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/30428/fsx-acceleration-found-in-science-magazine_69035489c42de35bc5c4131543951838.jpg GameSpot also has some screenshots ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
anonymouse91 on
morris91

adobe photoshop for planes textures

I now have adobe photoshop CS2 witch i know can do textures for fsx planes well what i want to know is how do you make them i want some textures what look around the same as british airways. i have made some test textures but thay would never load into...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
morris91 on
Splitdog

Computer question

I have an Athlon 64 dual-core 2.4 on a RS480 M mobo. 2 Gig mem. I have an Nvidea 8800GTS card, but what would give me more FPS? What chipset or memory would benefit me the most without major cost? Thanks. (FSX with VISTA)...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
abmukh80 on
mike93

Please dispaly help

Ok so i had an nvidia graphicks card and when i clicked on a mission and it would load up by the time it was finnished loading it would star jumping and i mean dissapiring and comming back and all sorts of colors would show than i got an api card and it w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mike93 on
morris91

MyTraffic X where are the planes??

Hi, i just bought mytraffic x and it installed alright and did its other install after that and it said it was succeffully installed then fsx did its scenery load because of new thing have been added but i have put my traffic to 100% but i have no traffic...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
krichard on
jetman35

Using the Mouse to View

Can the mouse be used to pan around the cockpit instead of using the pan toggle button? Jetman...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bb42 on
D5Tweddle

A321 transparent

Hello Since I downloaded the SP1 from Microsoft, my A321 aircraft have become transparent with everything open i.e. doors engines etc Could anybody help me fix this and what have I done wrong? Look forward to any help and advice. PS. since I d...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
D5Tweddle

Airport stands

As I am on a roll here....Does any one know where I can find maps of airports with the gates/stands or parking in the UK/Europe. This would help when arriving at new airports, or starting at new airports that had jetways etc. I know the map of stand...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
morris91 on
mvc340

I sell PFC Cirrus jetliner yoke . NEW (without any use)

I sell PFC Cirrus jetliner yoke . NEW (without any use) It is inside the original box, with the 2 years guarantee, documentation, USB wire. I bought 3 yokes with a friend. one for me, one for him and the last one to sell. Is completely new and has 2 ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mvc340 on
D5Tweddle

New graphics card

I currently have an ATI Radeon X800 and I am looking at upgrading to a ATI Radeon X1650 Pro HIS IceQ 512MB GDDR2 AGP 8x. At the moment I can not run FSX on full, as the frame rate is between 7 and 13. Would the new Radeon greatly improve this, or co...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
abmukh80 on
Page 35 of 66