Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

FSX.cfg missing plz help

Hello all My FSX Deluxe seems to be missing it's FSX.cfg after the 3rd reinstall. All i can see is the DLL.xml file. I reinstalled b/c the taxiways were screwed up (looked like grass). Maybe b/c i installed fsx sp1 after installing addons; anyways, I nee...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

where is the animation button ?

where is the animation button ?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

jetway help PLEASE!!!

okay, I taxi to the gate and stop on the yellow line, shut down my engines, apply parking brake, open the door, press ctrl+J and the jetway never moves...what do i do!?!?!?!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
veshagoo on
benbastock

fsx suddenly broke

im having a nightmare fsx won't start i tried both the disks it starts loading then just goes away need desperate help im in hell here...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
StartMeUp

Garmin 1000 - can't tune it! Am I just dumb?

OK - this is driving me crazy! I was taking my first trip in the Garmin-enhanced Cessna 172 (comes stock with FSX, the glass flight display model) So I tried to start playing with the GPS - the buttons (PROC, etc...) work like the Shift-3 GPS does in, ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Xperimenter on
JLangevin

This is why I want my Helicopter License...

I cannot wait until I complete my helicopter training! Is this not the coolest thing to watch?? You see a Bell on approach, hover taxi, and even a near miss with another aircraft on the taxi way. Performing a hover taxi in FSX is so hard to do.... ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Sven2157 on
Karlw

Fsx standard version

I have the standard version but see a grumman goose and a maule aircraft which are not in my aircraft menu but are in my simobjects aircraft folder is there any way I can get these aircraft to be selectable with the vc and all and is it legal or is this o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kennwaskiewicz on
Mateo1976

problem with graphics detail on aircraft

for some reason when i go to choose an aircraft to fly, the detail on the aircraft looks extremely low. i can't make out the images/lettering on the aircraft. i went into settings and turned them up all the way and it still looks bad, so i reinstalled win...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JLangevin on
Robin Hutter

Sheep and blackbirds

Hi folks, I've seen that there is a reward badge for flying over 4 flocks of sheep in the midwest mission. I found three (one straight ahead from the runway, the second as you turn around near the road, the third near one of the barns a little further ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Robin Hutter on
effieveda

sounds silly

Hi all, Every once in a while, just for kicks, I like to watch an ai aircraft take off from somewhere and land somewhere else. I've got several flights set up to/from KPDX (Portland, OR) - KBUR (Burbank, CA). So what happens is I'll watch one of them dep...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
effieveda on
Murfi

My Error 1722 Solution

I have just managed to get passed error 1722 and here's how I done it: Start the installation as normal and when the error comes up press Alt + Control + Del and use that and restart your computer. Then go to: My Computer Hard Drive Program Files ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

Stairs and baggage carts help

How do you summon the stairs and baggage carts to your plane?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kennwaskiewicz on
Heyjoojoo

Install which first? SDK1, SDK2, SP1 - in which order...

I have FSX on a Windows XP Pro machine and had to reinstall FSX. In which order should the SDK1, SDK2, and SP1 files be installed? Kareem...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FTFUSA7 on

regestration of software......!

Starting as a guest until the problems of regestration have been resolved. I have just installed fsx, after running or the first time the fsx splash screen reported an activation error, the sim ran for 30 minutes and then asked for the prduct to be reg...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FTFUSA7 on

Poor quality aircraft

you get what you pay for. the free downloads are just horrible. no disrespect for the contributors, but once you tried the FSX aircraft, there is just no comparison. the fs2002 was a major leap in sim technology the fs2004 was fantastic now...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kieranja on
sniper45

bonanza

does anybody know where i can get a beechcraft bonanza?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sniper45 on
Captain chuck

Multi screen display in FSX

I've been using a muti screen display in FS Century of flight, no problem but can't find out how to do this in FSX. I guess using FSX in windowed mode may help but can't see how to do that either. Any suggestions?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Malkymoo on

Boeing 747 SP retirement landing at Rand Airport

can you land in a narrow runway like this ? https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/28844/boeing-747-sp-retirement-landing-at-rand-airport_16a73d90b77ac2b79c8dc8310cff26d9.jpg http://www.airliners.net/discussions/general_aviation/...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
grandpaw on
captainandym

how can i put my video on youtube/simtube?

hi all i want to put the video of my last flight on simtube or youtube....how can i get the viedo out of fsx, where do i find the file of my saved flight? thanks andy...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
benbastock

fsx real world weather

do you find that fsx real world weather always seems to be cllear skies, broken clouds etc. with no wind or extreme weather...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jellrod on
Bran09

how do i create photo scenery for fsx

how i make photo scenery for fsx...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Mavix

What is ILS?

What is ILS?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
lildorklandar

LAARBRUCH??????

😞 I can't seem to find Laarbruch Airforce Base (ETUL) anywere's?? 😕...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lildorklander on

Madeira Airport

http://img282.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aeroporto45sf.jpg the airport code is LPMA...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Mars5

Wondering if my new system will run Flight sim X

I am picking up a new system the Dell Dimension E 520 with an upgraded graphics card and upgraded memory and I am wondering if I will be able to properly play Flight sim X- as it is now my system is really pretty good but falls short of being able to play...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

For no good reason, one of my engines throttle stop working!

These are one of the times this has happened to me. in calibration, everything seems to be alright!! I was flying on a Singapore Airlines B777-200 going from Jakarta to Changi. For most of the flight, I was on autopilot. When I took off, I used manual ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
guest on
veshagoo

holding the centreline

hi guys...any help would be appreciated....on final with just about all the airplanes , say about 14 miles out or so i never can hold the airplane on the centreline of the runway i am always CHASING THE GAUGES ....i have no problem with the g...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
veshagoo on
Mavix

SP1 problem

I recently patched my FSX.exe, thus rendering the game useless. I couldn't re-install it because my DVD rom had broken. I had SP1 installed with no problem. Yesterday I got a new DVD writer and installed FSX. After about 10 installs between then and now I...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FTFUSA7 on
Welshflyer

FSX Freezes

I've just installed FSX on XP after ditching Vista and all went well untill i installed fsx sp1, now i have 2 problems :- 1-If i stay in cockpit mode on selecting a flight, the cockpit will remain but the outside just becomes a black screen 2-If i switc...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
rainbow.fairy

WATER REFLECTIONS

😞 I have a very big problem? WHAT can I use to see myself in the water off of lake ontario????????? i tried and tried but i still can't see a reflection of myself? am i stupid or is there some speacial trick to it? 😞...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JLangevin on
Taylor

Beeping Sound

hello everyone. i have a quick question. ok, when i put my gear down sometimes, there is a screeching/beeping sound. what exactly is this sound and what does it mean. ps- does anyone know any freeware mid-range either multi-prop or medium jet with a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jellrod on
ohboy710

Direct X 10 Clarification (Vista / Video Card)

Can somebody explain a few things? 1. Will direct X 10 work in XP as I hear a rumor, or will it require vista? And if it does work in xp, will you notice a difference? 2. Will you see any advantage to direct 10 if you only have a direct X 9 video...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JLangevin on

add ons aircraft and air traffic

does anybody know how to get your add on aircraft to be the air traffic in the game as well as only the default aircraft and paints...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
benbastock on
psalm10720

Rockwell Aero Commander for FSX

Does anyone know where I can get a Rockwelll Aero Commander for FSX?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
effieveda on
PhilTaylor

Blurries:vocabulary and Type 3 investigation

I have done some investigation of the reports of the blurries. There is an article here, http://www.fsinsider.com/tips/Pages/default.aspx that discusses in detail one of the four types of blurries we believe people are seeing. This article serv...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PhilTaylor on
JLangevin

I really should start building PCs!!

I was reading the latest issue of Computer Shopper, and of course, there are Alienware ads all over it. My first real Gaming Rig was an Alienware Area-51 Aurora, and it did the job for about a year. I to this day still use an alienware Area-51 M5500 lapto...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GundamWZero on
Karlw

I know everyone is tired of hearing this but a quick questio

Well my birthday is on thursday and was just wondering what computer would be most fitting for fsx were the ground does not become blurry everytime I switch views so I can fly into new york city without a bloody blurry ground so I can have traffic I reall...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Karlw on
luclima

ATC Menu disapears

Hi all, Some times I receive a instruction from ATC but I can not answer because no options apears in the menu. It occurs usually in IFR flight. Any one ?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sameprob on
captainsimon

Backcourse Button??

I fly the 737-800 on FSX and normally use the ILS to land, can anyone please tell me what the the Backcourse button does and when should it be used. Thanks in advance....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
captainsimon on
cthiggin

Special Thanks to JLangevin - FSX.cfg and nVidia Help

I want you fellow simmers to know that after several posts about "my" tweaking, forgetting what I did, losing my notes, nVidia "mis-understandings" - (PS - I "did" do backups, can't believe I remembered to do that) - Mr. "JLangevin" came to my rescue. "...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GundamWZero on
Remyx

SP1 on FSX Trial version?

Hi, Will SP1 install and bring any perf improvement on the trial version of FSX? I have been delaying the purchase of FSX, since my "old" PC doesn't run it very well. Still fly mostly on FS9, and occasionally on FSX. Has anyone tried this? Tha...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
nottobe

Specs for seeing moving cars and animals on the ground

I am getting a new computer soon, I wonder what computer specs would meed the requirement of FSX to see moving cars on the road, animals in the woods, and birds in the sky, with at least 18 fps.... Thanks!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mdaskalos on
kennwaskiewicz

will fsx run on linux

i want to no cuz i might get linux...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kennwaskiewicz on
veshagoo

callout altitude for fs2004 AND FSX

does anybody know how to get the callout altitudes to start i watched a you tube video and a 737-800 the callout started at 500 feet and down to 10 feet my 737 800 does not call out the altitudes at all ..any help is appreciated...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
benbastock on
Mavix

DirectX 10

Will there by some chance be a DX10 port for windows XP? I just saw a website in google (http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=35110) that says that DirectX 9.L will be a DirectX 10 for XP. Is this true?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Mavix on
rossi85

Everest

Hi all. Can someone please tell me how to gget to Everest. I just can`t seem to find it. PLZ HELP...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
rossi85 on
iapiap

FSX SP1 Fatal Error when Leaving Full Screen Mode

Dear All, I have recently patched my copy of FSX deluxe with SP1. It all seems to work fine, loading a flight and flying it. However, when I leave full-screen mode, say to change aircraft, change settings, use the save dialog box, or view the map, i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Nomad78100 on
MU_24

F-Keys don't work and sound problems

Ok guys, it's my first time posting and I looked everywhere in the forums to make sure I wasn't asking questions that have already been answered. So, if they're out there, my sincerest apologies for missing it and making the typical newbie mistake. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Mark023

Where are the brakes actually?

Hello, I have the PMDG 747 and often I watch all the controls moving in the cockpit, like rudder peddals, nose wheel steering, yoke and so on. But when I slam the brake I don't see anything moving. So what do jet pilot push or pull to engage brakes? I d...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Mark023 on
JarJarBinks

What is SP1 and SP2?

question what is this SP1 and SP2 ive been seeing people talk about recently what is it what does it do?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Page 40 of 66