Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

jetman35

Default CRJ 700 Sounds Needed...

I have seemed to have deleted my sound file for the CRJ 700 by mistake. If anybody out there has a copy of it, please send to me, that would be great. You can send it in a zipped format to jfburns31@juno.com. or just send to me in an attachment. Jetma...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jetman35 on
anonymouse91

Help me choose a GFX card

I'm thinking of getting a Geforce 8800 and a HD monitor but need some help deciding and choosing first. First thing, is it worth it? Are the 8800 series good enough to get one? Before you answer, I'm 15 and the GFX card I buy will have to last me a whi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
oldsamer on
rsglo

how to get sound on older aircraft in flitsim x

Hello, I am a novice to message boards, but I wanted to see if anyone could help me with a problem in fsx. I have used the great planes created by Rey Lopez in the past two simulators, so now I have bought fsx. When I load his B47 into f...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Charlie10 on
Karlw

Wow everyone who has fsx should read

Flight sim .com just got a new boat from delta sim studios its looks fantastic I had a haert attack of how beutiful it looks only down side its shareware im downloading it as we speak it cost 6 dollars but looks stunning 😳 Cheers 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Charlie10 on
sinebar

Stealth fighter video

Here a link to a cool F-11 Stealth fighter video. It's way down on the bottom of the page. You'll have to download it and run it. http://www.justflight.com/product.asp?pid=153...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sinebar on
PilotTim

FSX settings

I goofed yesterday and not sure how to repair... I went into the settings - controls - and played around a bit - as MS suggests - trying to tweek a few things to get better performance out of the program until I upgrade the video card. Well, somehow th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
edr1073 on
waj2306

From FSX to FS2004!

A few days back, I posted a question reguarding having FSX and FS2004 on my system. TailHook came back with som good words of advise. I have installed FS2004 and SHELVED FSX! I have found that my FPS has went from 9 to 18 in FSX to an average of 78 to ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Charlie10 on
oldsamer

Cheating crosswind landings

I've spent 4 hours trying to land a taildraging Cub in an 8kt crosswind! Here's what I've learned to do - CHEAT - after all, this is a game, a simulation! When I'm on final, getting close to the fence and about to cut the throttle, pause the program....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Charlie10 on
Burybest

Computer restarts everytime I try to take off!!

Just got Flight Sim x deluxe having had the demo on my computer. Windows xp with 2g ram Nvidia 7600gt When I unloaded the demo it left it in the control panel remove list (although I did not realise this till later). Sim X was loaded and if starting in t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
guest on
oldsamer

Vista v Xp memory useage?

On my Xp computer with 2gb of ram, FSX uses 537,596 k when I'm flying. Someboby with FSX running on Vista (DX9) please reply with how much ram is being used by FSX.exe Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
oldsamer on

Graphics Card Problem

I have Recently bought and installed a nVIDIA 7600 gt graphics card, but when i start up Flight Sim X it says : "Flight Simulator is not working with your video card. Varify that you have the latest drivers installed for your video card." I know...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
stvndysn

fsx sdk

hi peeps just wondering if the fsx sdk is available for non deluxe owners...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
sinebar

FSDS

Hey does anyone use Flight Simulator Design Studio? I thought about using it to make a stealth fighter but commercial versions are already available for FSX....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
BigglesPiP

File being hosted here Illegally

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1264/fs200-fuel-calculator-v1/ I am the author of this program, I don't know who uploaded it, but it is strictly against the licence agreement for that file to be here. 1. I have not given permission, it...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GundamWZero on

Instant replay

Hey Can anyone tell me how i go about replaying one of my landings? I don't seem to have the option in my version of FSX Thanx...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
mike20022

Morse Code

hi i am hering Morse Code -..- -..- ..-- has anyone else heard Morse Code? and can anyone tell me what it my be? cheers...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mdaskalos on
oldsamer

Problematic saved free flight

Today I encounted a clitch after saving a free flight In the save screen, I'd checked this flight to save as default startup. Then closed FSX Later in the day I started FSX, expecting to immediately load the saved flight (my FSX is configured to skip t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
oldsamer on
peter106

Sound off

I never had an issue with the sound on FSX. However, recently when I start a mission or free flight, the sound is off. I checked my settings and everything seems to be correct. Noe of the mute boxes are checked. Has anyone experienced the same problem...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
Anastasia

Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

I have the Logitech 3d PRO. Does anyone have some good setup for the joystick buttons. I have tried various combinations but can't seem to get confortable. Please send recommended button, hatswitch assignments. Thanks for your help as I am a new FX pa...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dtdb on
sinebar

Setting up an approach with the GPS 500

Can I set up an approach with the GPS 500 so that it indicates if I'm too high or too low on approach?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sinebar on
737FLIER

glide slope.

I always see where people land with a good glide slope. How do you do it???...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
XxEastwoodxX

???How to properly extract files with WinRAR??? FSX ???

Hi there: I'm new to this site and was wondering, how do I extract files I have downloaded from this site and get them into a fully functional aircraft in FSX. I have downloaded WinRAR and am familiar with the procedure of telling the program where to...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
XxEastwoodxX on
Reinaert

FSX Instrument Checkride

Like many others before me, I'm finding the instrument checkride a challenge. I've searched a number of sites and have Gordon Wood's Inside the MFS2004 Instrument Checkride. I've also got some information from a gentlemen TV from the Avsim Forums. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
KEEGAN

My laptop on fsx help

hi could someone please help what i could upgrade on my laptop to make it run faster. I have 1gb of ram 60gb Hardrive 1.6ghz ram Intel GMA 950 what could i use to upgrade on my pc to make fsx runfaster and norton antvirus makes my comp on str...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
markhyder

Airbus Autopilot buttons and TCAS

When I try to fly with the Airbus, I found there was no button for Hold Heading and altitude for the Autopilot. Do anyone know if theres a addon for TCAS?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
sinebar

map, altuditude and airspeed window

Well I like to fly in tail view but I have no idea of how fast, high or where I'm flying. I would like to have a little map window and some altitude and airspeed data while flying in tail view. Does anyone know if this can be set up?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sinebar on
GoodisonBlue

FSX and the 8800GTX

Got my new 8800GTX yesterday so I thought i'd report on fps difference Running Vista Previous card was a 7950gx2 with 1gb Ram, 2 GB system ram, core 2 duo 2.4 ghz Most settings on high, airline traffic set to 65%. Running at 1280 *1050 , AA on anti...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
robson131 on
James FSXmad

FSX system requirments

Hi Just want to see what other people on here are running FSX on in terms of machine power. I have an AMD 5200 2.6GHZ processor, the Nvidia 8800GTX 768MB graphics card and 2 gig of ram. With all this, FSX still gets blocky at times so I'm wacking ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
robson131 on
BHOCKEY

How to install downloaded skins

Once you download skins from the website, how do you put them into FSX so you can choose them?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
astrosteve

CRT Died and got an LCD.

Hey Everyone. My 22" NEC FE2111SB CRT Monitor crapped out on me last night. 😞 So after several thoughts and being a large fan on CRT's. I have officially gone LCD. I only had about $300 to spend so I bought a Samsung SyncMaster 205BW 20" Wide...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rafi on
clipper486

Want NO default flight in FSX

... while waiting for my flyawaysimulation activation.... Every time I start FSX, it loads the default scenery etc from the default flight and puts me on that runway (I choose KDTW as y home airport). What I want when I start FSX is NOT to load any de...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on

where can I get a Huey?

where can I get a Huey?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
djcevera

New graphics card

hello everyone im starting to make my climb to fsx from fs9 i just purchased an nvidia geforce 7600 gs 512mb graphics card is there anyone out there using this card i would greatly apprieciate any setting hints you may have also should i go into bios and ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GoodisonBlue on
oldsamer

Airport etiquette (landing on the grass & buzzing)

This is a question for actual pilots. How much trouble do I get into when I land/takeoff across the active using the grass? I have trouble with crosswinds in a taildragger like the cub. At fields without automated weather I buzz the field to read th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
faust1200 on
NwBoo

horizon tilted

the horizon on my helicopters are always tilted. the Robinson is tilted to the left, while the Bell is tilted to the right. Any reasons?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
NwBoo on

Mini Joystick

I'm looking for a tiny joystick that I can carry in my computer case. I'm talking sub miniature. Does anyone know if there is such a joystick?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
skypilot2 on
b3mmredm

Easy way to make FSX run better

We've just had a computer technician to fix our sound when he noticed that are pc was running much slower than usall. He saw that the CPU usage was at 52% and made that go down to 2% and 0%. Here's what he did. Go to Control Panel, display, and in the ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
onlymeeee on

screen freeze with 2D instruements

every time I adjust the 2D instruements, my computer freezes. I am running FSX with ATI Rad9200 64MB on a notebook computer. Anybody having freezing problems?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GoodisonBlue on

airport ground vehicles

I can call jetways and fuel trucks and pushbacks, and I can open the exit, but I've seen some screenshots, like one of a 747 with all the doors open and a bunch of little cars scooting around, unloading cargo and stuff. how do you open those doors and cal...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bawls327 on
737FLIER

What type of aircraft do you like the most???

Which do you like?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GoodisonBlue on
sniper45

737 Landing Configuration: Speed and Flaps

what is the landing speed for a 737 and how much flaps...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
PanAmerican

Possible 787 in FSX

Watch the video and look towards the terminal. You will see what looks like the Boeing 787 in Dreamliner livery parked at the gate. http://www.fszone.org/videos/displayimage.php?pos=-153...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
astrosteve on
astrosteve

Looking for a complete MD-11 package for FSX

Hey everyone - I am looking for a complete MD-11 package for FSX. Prefer a cargo version of the aircraft. There is one listed on FlyAway but it does not work. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flint on
Muckarosh

error 1935 on the end of install process

I AM SAD... OVER AND OVER AGAIN I GET THIS ERROR ON THE END OF MY INSTALLATION AND INSTALATION TURNS BACK... PLEASE HELP!!!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GundamWZero on
Trancelator

Some brain power required

Hey, Heres what i want to do.I need some brain power. If im on runway 3.Throughout the whole runway there are longitude and latitude co ordinates. Given that i know the heading of runway 3 say 30 degrees,if i was to stay on the centerline and go ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on

Weapons Use in FSX

Is there any way to fire weapons from planes that have guns or other weapons on them? Thanks, CJ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
The_Finman on
airbourne

KPRB , a330

My 2nd landing video at KPRB , tower & wingview , Comments welcome 🙂 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kync2S7culE...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
737FLIER on
GundamWZero

Benchmarking: See what your system can really do.

I bought a benchmarking program to see where my system stacks up with the rest of the gaming world. I downloaded 3DMark06 from Futuremark and tested my rig..... I was amazed at the benchmarking graphics and how the processing power my cpu operated duri...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GundamWZero on
astrosteve

bmp to jpeg converter.......

Hey Guys - I want to start submitting some of my screenshots to FlyAway and I know they will never post them unless I convert them to jpeg so where can I find a bmp. to jpeg converter that is FREE! Thanks AstroSteve...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
skypilot2

Free P-51 Mustang??

I am looking for a free Mustang for FSX. I have tried to install a couple that were designed for fs9 with no success 😕 . Am I better off to buy airplanes ❓ ? Do you end up with better aircrafts, and WHERE is the best place to look ❓ ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Page 50 of 66