Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

b3mmredm

Watercooling & Overclocking

If i were to have my system watercooled so it never went hot with an Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme Processor and 8800 GTX watercoolded grahic card, would overclocking my system with help from www.scan.co.uk not have the computer restart, jump or overheat and ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
wolfman2 on
JLangevin

Kai Tak (Hong Kont Old) Scenery?

Are there any scenery packs out there yet for FSX that include realistic looking Kai Tak replacements? Id love to fly the checkerboard approach at night, yet MS decided to make this sim TOO real and have the airport abandoned and remove the guideance ligh...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Karlw

fsx sound

I changed the dc-3 defalt sound to a fs2004 add on sound and The first set I didn't like so I looked for another addon and found it but I can't delete the other add on sound I don't like how can I change this?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Karlw on

Instant Replay

When i try to see a replay i go to options and instant replay but i cant click it, its like faded...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
hemal111111

fsx demo and fsx deluxe

i tried running fsx demo and it seems to run fine. so will it still run fine with fsx deluxe or will it not run as well as the demo version?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Wannab

GPS waypoints

has anyone else thought it would be nice to create you own gps waypoints, or can this even be done?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Wannab on
JLangevin

Test Results: CPU vs GPU and FSX performance.

This is nearly a copy and paste of a reply I posted in another post, but I did make some changes... I got tired of hearing people say "you need a 512mb card to run FSX maxed" - BS!! Here is my results... Tests were performed with RivaTuner and 3D accelera...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

Landing a 747 in St Maartin ?

has anyone tried landing a 747 in St Maartin ? I would love to see a video of it....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JLangevin on
mdaskalos

No Landing lights

I have no landing lights on a number of add-on aircraft. The landing lights illuminate the body of the aircraft where it would be expected, but no illumination of the ground occurs. The lights appear to work properly on the default aircraft. mdaskal...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CAFedm on
cheezyflier

that darn tree

if you go to newgarden airfield in pennsylvania, u.s.a. you will see a slim tree, lined up with the runway, just past the fence. it's totally driving me nutz because it's not really there in real life, and no one would allow it to be there in real life b...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
sinebar

Douglas X-3 Stiletto?

Has the X-3 Stiletto been done yet? If not I think I will try to create this plane in Gmax or FSDS. There's enough information inlcuding great photos of the cockpit to make a pretty accurate model....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sinebar on
Damoun.h.

how to display frames per second

I am running my flight sim x on vista, and the 3rd party program that i used to view fps does not work on vista. Does fligth sim x have its own fps display? and if so, how can i use it? Thanks, Damoun.H....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Damoun.h. on
limeilte

(added a screen shot) Snow Engine Wash bug

When taxiing or taking off, I get large blocky pixels coming out the rear of my aircraft. Upon taking off, the pixels continue to follow behind the plane (almost like a smoke trail) but then drop straight toward the ground in like puffs. At a low altitu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Kohnen on
daveloc

"Jumpy" Video Playback

Why does my video playback jump around like the St Vitus Dance?. I've got a NEW computer,320GB drive 2GB ram Dual core pentim chip. FX runs SMOOTHLY with all Frame rates and scenery ETC firewalled. Video playback is AWFUL....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
x pilot

Aircraft folder in Fsx directory?

Why is there no aircraft folder in the FsX directory like there is in Fs9, i was wanting to download some repaints and i cant find the aircraft folder? thanks guys...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
x pilot on
b3mmredm

What the hell?

Thsi is a picture i took from the Library and is also happening to me. I've defragmented my hard drive and cant seem to figure out the problem? I dont know how to paste it so ill give you the link. https://flyawaysimulation.com/images/16/microsoft-flig...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
b3mmredm on
Wannab

structure placement

anyone know how to duplicate and move structures around in fsx? ie place an offshore oil rig closer to the coastline thanx for any help...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Wannab on
Pappy55

Adobe AI on fsx?

Anyone tried adobe AI on fsx? and if so did it work ok? I want a decent traffic package for when i install fsx....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
sinebar

Forest fire mission?

Hey I'd like to see a mission where yuo have to fly a tanker over a lake, scoop up water and then go to a forest fire in the mountains and dump it. Then return for more water until the fire is out. If this hasn't been done I might try to create it with...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
daveloc on
Splitdog

Reverse thrusters

Where are they on the 737? Also armed the spoilers, but to no avail. :cry: F2 does nothing....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
anonymouse91 on
Splitdog

Arm autothrottle engines die

Why is this? I'm running Vista. Also, even after restarting, if I touch the throttles manually, engines die again. Please help!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Diseal3 on

Flight Mode - Normal vs Slew

Flight Mode - Normal vs Slew what's the difference?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
fieldsconstruction

Re-install FSX

I lost all sound, and some aircraft not loading, i need to re-install fsx.How do i save my completed missions?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
b3mmredm on
fl9

Problem with demo (missing file??)

Hi all, I've downloaded the demo, 'successfully' installed it, but when I click on the shortcut, I get an error message saying: 'The MSXML4 SP2 component is not installed. Please reinstall FS to restore or repair this missing component.' I've un...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dogmatic on

Landing Cessna on Aircraft Carrier

I just landed the Cessna 172 SP on the Aircraft Carrier. I came in a bit fast; I was running out of deck space and almost ended up in the drink. It was a pretty cool experience. What neat tricks have you done ? I would like to try also....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
jetman35

Radarman question

Radarman, Since you have a new PC now. Are you using Vista yet? What type of video card are you using? JM...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
SAF

Are there any FSX updates and patches?

Has MS released any downloadable updates and patches for FSX? SAFX...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Austin11

FSX exe prob

Hello,Well I havent played FSX for awhile and I got it for my birthday,I wanted to play it more,and it gives me this error when I start the exe,And it wont lemme uninstall it.Someone said to put it in the General Section so people may see it more!And can ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Austin11 on
Karlw

Im need help with a freeware Concorde

I know that there is one from fs france but I want to put it into fsx even thou some gauges most likley won't work the thing is when I see the Concorde in both fs9 and fsx the virtual cockpit and cabin is just black there are no textures what must I do to...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GundamWZero on

737 800 with air stairs

Are there 737 800 add ons for FSX with air stairs available? I would like to have airstair like i did with my 737 800 on FS2004 but i can't locate any. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
JLangevin

Camera Angles...??

Ive seen and produced a few videos for FSX, and in some of the videos I have seen, Ive noticed that sometimes you see someone getting an awesome angle on the ground at the end of the airport with the plane flying overhear just prior to touch down, or a st...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JLangevin on
OldProf

FSX Menu Bar gone????

I'm almost embarrassed to ask this but since switching to FSX I can't get my menu bar back -- you know that little bar across the top. I find "Hide menu bar" checked but can't seem to find where to change it. Thanx...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
sinebar

Mid air collision

Anybody ever have a mid air collision? I caught up with Boeing 747 in my Eurofighter and got a little to close. I was able to match it's speed as I caught up and fly along side. 😎...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JLangevin on
Michaelvg1

Timming and reverse?

I am not sure how to trim out the planes. Sometimes it always climbs. It's not the same as trimming a RC plane. Do I do it through the software fsx or the Seitek 52 control software? Also, when performing missions, I get stuck sometimes against th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Michaelvg1

Patches?

I just got the software.. Are there patches already? How do I get them? Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
anonymouse91 on
Karlw

Sga question

Can you change the panel and sound of sga's aircraft for personal use or is it against the legal agreement ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
737FLIER on
b3mmredm

Imagin This Kind Of Performance

How well do you think FSX would run with this system specification out of 10. Processor (CPU) INTEL® Core 2 Extreme X6800 (2 X 2.93GHz) 1066MHz FSB/4MB Cache Memory (RAM) 4096 MB CORSAIR XMS2 800MHz - (4x1GB) Motherboard ASUS® P5W DH DE...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
b3mmredm on

I need help to set up 3 monitors!

Hi all, My name is Phi, I'm from Vietnam. Since I was a child, I always wanted to be a real pilot, unfortunately, I'm very short, weak body, and most of all, very stupid at Math 😛 So I find FSX is the only answer to make my dream comes tru...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FIS on

Visual Runway Landings in a Jet

I am using a 737 700 to fly from Blackpool to Dublin, but every time i come to Land at Dublin it diverts me to land on a Visual Runway, when contacting ATC i cannot change airports, even thought 3 of which have ILS. All i can do is alter pattern. Is there...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
rimbu

Whats the recommended Graphic card on fsx?

Hi, I would like to buy a present for my boyfriend and he loves Flight Simulator so i was thinkin of buying maybe a graphics card for about £100 for his compaq laptop which has the vista OS. But I do not knw which to get. I am not even sure its a grap...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
rimbu on
737FLIER

Frame Rates?

I know what frame rates are and where to adjust them, but how do I know how many I am getting....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JLangevin on

EASY EASY FIX for 1935 Error

Ok this is incredibly easy. Install MS Flight Sim X Legal or Illegal the error happens to both. When it errors out with the 1935 error DON'T Press OK Go to C:\program files\microsoft games\ Copy the Flight Sim X folder and put it on your deskt...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
blaaa on
swiffer88

overheating

hello, i think I just had an overheating problem with fsx.. I tried to max out everything in the scenery section except for water effects at 1xhigh.. but then my computer froze and I had a blue screen, first time it does that.. I have reduced the au...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

Real Weather in FSX

What are your thoughts and comments on the "Real Weather" updated every 15 Min's (Not Static Real Weather) from Jeppeson in FS.? The reason I ask is because sometimes when I use it the weather seems to appear and disappear. Example, one minute I am flyi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Charlie10 on
NSX

Spot view acting weird?

Hi all, I just had a strange thing with spot view: The camera zoomed in way to far, and with pressing - to get it back out it only made it to the tail of the aircraft, like 2 feet behind it. No a nice way to fly. Does anyone of you guys had this pro...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
oldsamer on
NSX

Key board input mix-up??

Hi all 😀 I encountered a problem tonight. Normally I use the - and + to zoom in and out. But suddenly the input from the keyboard is mixed up. - (zooming out) result's in small view windows 😕 and + (zooming in) result's in t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
NSX on
brentmeister

FSX keeps locking up during install...Please help

Having upgraded my PC specifically for FSX I am now somewhat frustrated/bemused as to why FSX keeps locking up during install. Since purchasing FSX I have updated the drivers/bios/directx/windows, hdd defrag, turned off Anti-virus/Firewall etc used msconf...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brentmeister on
SAF

Performance results on Vista/GTX 8800...

I just built a new system and would like to share my experiences so far with FSX. Here is my system config: Intel X6800 2.93 Dual Core CPU evga nForce 680i mainboard 2GB Ballistix Tracers DDR2 1000Mhz RAM (1) evga 8800 GTX vide card Windows Vista U...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JLangevin on
baesys

i downloaded a bae cargo plane and....

how do i convert it from files and get it onto the game ?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
oldsamer

MS is inna heap-o-trouble

Let's delay FSX SP1 until this is fixed! The Battleship Texas is missing from it's slip! What's worse San Jacinto battlefield and Memorial are occupied by a town! The reflection pool and shore line are accuratly placed, so terrain doesn't need altering...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
oldsamer on
Page 49 of 66