Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Captain H

one silly question for u but it's a wonder answer for me.

hello all please i want to ask you how can i start on a gate (jet way) i know how to choose my position when choosing airport but can you give me a name of a parking that has a jet way in any of these airports: KLAX KORD KJFK EGLL thanks all by...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
stereomatic on
mike20022

I see fireworks

hi i was flying over bigben so i set the time to 23-59-50 2006 and saw fireworks over bigben cool just thought id tell you all 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mike20022 on
andy fsx

nav or gps mode

hi all whats the difference between flying nav or gps mode (i mean in regards to the knob above the PFD which can be switched to either) also, can you still fly using the heading button on the autopilot whilst in gps mode? thanks andy...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
gheib1 on
TheKaiser

Start with Engines Off

Is there a way to start a free flight or a flight planner flight with the engines off?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GundamWZero on
Lukemax

Need a little multi moniter guidence for FSX

I have a laptop that can handle flight sim X very well. But when branching it out across 3 19 inch moniters, understandbly i get a performance drop. What kind of set-up would wark best for me? Anyone else got any tip/tricks on how to get it working ra...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Lukemax on

What does auto approach do?

What does auto approach do and how do I engage the reverse thrusters?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
captainsimon

Slats

Can anyone tell me what the slats are and how do they work? Also how do I use them in FSX? Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
captainsimon on
flightsimer22

How well does Ground Environment work?

does that game work well or not. i ask because i have fsx and it does not work well on my computer. just like a lot of people. i am going to switch back to fs2004. and i really like the great scenery in fsx. and as everyone knows that fs2004 does not r...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
GerryE

How to zoom out when in 3d-cockpit view?

Hi all, anyone know how to do that? Gerry...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
b3mmredm

Intel Quad Core

I've been reading these forum toppice than FSX doesn't run on them or something? If i were to get a Quad Core Processor, would it run faster than an Intel Pentium 4 processor, the one i've got at the moment....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
raven69david on

How do you check fuel!

How do you check the percent of fuel you have left in your plane? I saw some pic where is showed a percent at the top... How do you do this! I think I'm running out lol so please answer ASAP...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Doyley on

Cheap computer runs FSX pretty good.

I just got a Lenovo computer. It was $749 but after rebate it was only $549. I can run FSX on medium high settings with no lag. It has... 2.01ghz AMD Athalon 64 X2 3800+ 1 gig memory 250 gig hard drive NVidia GeForce 6100 This proves you don't have t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

Issue with Logitech Attack 3 joystick

When I am flying for a couple of minutes I cannot turn right. The problem seems to be confined to only the X version of the flight sim. I went to the Flight Sim calibration section and when I moved the joystick buttons were being pressed. When I moved...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Lovebug

Ground School Crash!

In FS2004 I had completed about half of the Ground School Course. Having Purchased FSX, I decided to do a refresh. However on Lesson 3, Climbs and Decents, Following the instructions results at one point Rod "taking the airplane" and flying into a moun...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
stieper on
PLEASEHELP

How do you connect to the gate?

Ugg how do you connect to the gate? I parked and now I can''t connect to it......

Answers
Views
Last answer by
navyredman on
supacasey

"FLight Simulator does not support 24-bit color"??

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y55/supacasey/desktoperror.jpg It keeps saying "Flight Simulator has detected that one or more of your monitors is using 24-bit quality. Flight Simulator is incompatible with this display mode. Would you like to ch...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
helpME-Jaack on
Flight simer22

I know theres a special code for fs passenger!

Oku know theres a code to un-lock the demo. i am useing the demo now and it is so stupid it will only let me take off from san fran. and i know thats all you can get from the demo but.... I used the unlocking code before but i never thought i would need ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
simon1

Problem with lesson 3VOR

I have loaded lesson 3 Private pilot lesson VOR.I am set up with the plane flying at 4000ft. This is supposed to be a fifteen minute lesson. I am heading North 360. I am told to adjust direction to keep the needle on VOR1 in the middle. When I am handed...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
powerswitch1 on
GundamWZero

Product Review: Saitek X52 Flight Control System

Holy cow!!!! 😳 Picked up this Flight Control System from Best Buy yesterday for $119.00 and let me tell you helicopter pilots something: holding a hover with this control system is AWESOME!!!!! I am talking about holding a hover at about 10 ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flykid on
pilotpete22

fsx crashing!!

Hi all fellow simmers! I wondered if someone could help me out. Everytime i go to fly on flight sim it crashes on l load up. Has this happened to any of you? Can anyone advise me on what to do? Thanks!!! 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Woovie on
freedspeak

F1 view for FSX?

Was wondering if the F1 View utility will work for FSX....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

Rant! Really annoyed about software registration in FSX

OK I'm totally against software piracy, but it should be possible for me to use a game program on any machine I wish - as long as it is only one machine at a time. I have been flight simming for a long time. Of just the MS titles, I have owned FS3, FS...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GundamWZero on
pilotguy44

Star Constellations

Hey everyone.. a while back when I was initially setting up my FSX, I remember checking off an option called "show star constellations" because I was curious to see what it did. Now for the last month or so I have been annoyed with looking up in the sky w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotguy44 on
kcmeyers1992

What Computer do I need to run FSX @ full potential?

Please reply to this ONLY if you can run fsx on your computer at full potential SMOOTHLY. If you can, please provide me with the most features you can that you have. Please provide what type of..... Processor Operating System Memory Hard Drive Vi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
guest 12 on
FSXPAGd

one simple question in landing and takeoff!

When i take-off the plane in few meters goes left and all yaw,trims,ailreons etc. is centered so wtf? and i have to center the plane .. the other is when im landing i cant run the airstrip straight it just steers right or left and also i have to center ya...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
faust1200 on
Smailey112

Upgrading from good to extreme

Hi, Im going to upgrade my computer... Ive got a AMD Athlon X2 3800... ATI Radeon X200 pro 256mb 1 gb RAM (only) a pretty standard motherboard Im thinking of keeping the proccessor, since its pretty strong. But Im going to buy GeForce 8800 GTS v...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
GundamWZero

FSX Hangs Duriing Startup

Well, the curse continues..... I had to reinstall FSX because I overclocked the computer a little too much and it crashed. Now everytime I start up FSX, I am just stuck at the FSX startup screen. Also, it is gobbling up a lot of processing resources ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GundamWZero on

Real life aviation flight school question.

Hey, this might kinda be off the flight simulator x topic but, I am looking into getting into real flight school, I'm not quite sure how old you have to be but, I was wondering if anyone really knew how they train you, how long, how old, and what kin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
JVD

Here's my new video on Youtube

I don't know about you but every time I make a new video I always feel it's my best yet, for some strange reason this time I don't quite. Another thing that gets me at the end, is the endless hours that go into the making of a short 2 minute video. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tartanaviation on
JVD

Video - compiling all of the segments

I'm finished making my video with the trial version of Sony Vegas 7.0 but now I don't quite know how to compile the entire video into mpeg or avi format, can anyone help me please....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JVD on
captainsimon

Blue Screen Win XP

Whilst flying in FSX I had a blue windows screen come up saying begining memory dump please check memory and video card adaptors. I reset my computer everything is working as it should do, any ideas? Cheers Simon...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GundamWZero on
jonnycash

is this a good video card for fsx RadeonĀ® X1650 Pro 512MB PC

i have a pci express card slot available in my computer and i was looking for a decent video card, just wanted to get some feedback if this is a good card, or may be suggestion for a better one around the same price range. this is 199.99...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
The_Finman on
FSX2468

Computer Advice

Can a Radeon X1800 with a core duo 2.0 ghz and 2gb of ddr2 ram run fsx well?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GundamWZero on
jippoblade

Controls!?!?!

I'm new with FS and FSX and i wonder how to open cargobay, other doors than the main door and how to call for cargo!?!? PLZ help...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GundamWZero on
FinnAirAviator

How the crack/disable default Ai?

How can i possibly destroy the default propel Ai Traffic :twisted: ❓ ❗ Or disable because i want traffic but those little propel planes i want to execute immediately and take traffic with only big jets.. so pls mtv pimp.. oh wrong plac...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
MrPilot on
JVD

Animals

Where can I find alot of African animals migrating like on the back of the FSX Deluxe box? Please reply ASAP, you see why in about a day....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JVD on

How to save a flight?

Hello, How do I save a mission-flight in mid-air. I tried to save the Amsterdam - London mission before landing, incase I would fail. I used the normal saving option, but I can't load it again. When I go to the Free Flight screen, as the instruc...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
TODENFORCE

ANYONE HAD THIS HAPPEN !!!!!!INSTALL INTERUPTED .......

hi please can anyone tell me if they have had the same error as me.when the 2nd disk is all but finished loading it displays a message"the wizard was interupted before microsoft flight sim x could be completely installed.the system has not been modified" ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
TDCook on
axflyer

Upgrading soon, need suggestions

OK, soon I will be upgrading my RAM to 2gb and my video card to the NVIDIA 7600 GT+. And my computer will be getting a general cleanout (unwanted and unneeded files deleted etc). I was just asking, is this a good upgrade and is there anything else I shoul...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
axflyer on
freddo69

error problem

Greetings All. I have a problem with re installing fsx. i get an error message that reads as follows. "Error 1612 The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it. The recommended fix ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
freddo69 on
mike 2345

error 1309

every time i try to install flight sim X around half way done this error comes up error 1309 reading error :d/program files/ Microsoft games/ flight simulator x/ ablscpt.dll...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Taylor

fsx checklists

does anyone know where i can get a checklist of a grumman goose, boeing 737, or a a320. i would like them to be accurate according to the buttons on the planes in fsx. thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Taylor on

FSX - Can anybody tell me which key does "Reverse Thrus

FSX - Can anybody tell me which key does "Reverse Thrust" As the subject really. I have looked everywhere for a keyboard command for 'reverse thrust'. Can anybody help please!!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
PowerUser

Finish Free Flight, how to really end it?

So, I choose Free Flight, I landed on selected airport successfully and I taxi to the gate. What next? What is command for turning off the engines? I turned them off on Master switch below throttles. After that there is no message that I finished Free Fli...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Murfi on
MikeyE

Lol! Rod crashed into mountains during ascent/descent lesso

Since I'm returning to flight simulator after having lost interest for a while (the last one I used was 2000) I was going through the lessons to brush up and see what I may have missed before. During the climbing/ascending lesson I followed all the ins...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Keltic on
SimmerGuy

clear memory for FSX

Does anyone have a recommendation for a utility to clear unused memory prior to loading FSX?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
delaypat on
dkim17

Can this scanner listen to aircraft?

http://www.scannermaster.com/BC72XLT_Scanner_p/01-500882.htm ?? its 100 dollars cheaper than another one i saw. can this hear airplane/atc? thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
delaypat on
Keltic

FSX upgrade to Deluxe

I must have been good because Santa brought me FSX for Christmas, but not so good as it was only the standard version. Is there any way I can upgrade my standard version to the Deluxe version? 😞...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Keltic on
NoTargeT

Weird problem with the demo

I just had a strange problem with the demo. I just have a nice new computer (dualcore), so I decided to retry the flight simulator x demo. It ran damn fine with all settings on ultra, no problem....untill the demo time ran out. I was just trying out ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
greystone

Weather Radar?

I have enjoyed the real-time weather feature in both FS9 and FSX. Haven't seen any add-on for a weather radar panel to give the cockpit even more realism. Nothing in the Learning Center points to this for the G1000 MFD or any other panel. Anyone know o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
faust1200 on
Page 54 of 66