Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

raptor9

landscape colors

I have both fsx and fs9 on my computer and I noticed the landscape colors in fs9 are bright but the colors in fsx are very drab brown-green or even gray-green. I maxed out sliders in scenery tab but no difference. Anyone else get this?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
raptor9 on
spin21

Cant get flight sim x to run.

Hey all can anyone help me i keep getting this messgae in a read me when i try and load the game - This disc contains a "UDF" file system and requires an operating system that supports the ISO-13346 "UDF" file system specification. Im sorry if t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
krichard on
markhyder

Microsoft Flight Simulator X not opening

I keep finding that Microsoft Flight Simulator X is not opening. Any ideas why?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
markhyder on
Doyley

Forward Slip

What is a forward slip and how do you do one like this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH4sQ5iwVDY&mode=related&search=...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
faust1200 on
irishbloke

Beginner Flying tips

Im just wondering whats the best thing for a Beginner to do ive done the 10 beginner lessons and most of the Beginner missions. I still have problems landing especially jet planes. im trying to get used to one jet plane so i can learn from that (Bom...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RacerBoy on
freedspeak

Being the Grumman freak that I am ...

I would love to see someone make the C-2 Greyhound for FSX. PLEASE !...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
737FLIER on
kiosk

weird ATC ATIS problem

now all sudden ATIS information lists active runways for all sort runways that dont actually exist for the airport...what in the h... seems after SP1...anyone seen also?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
n7xlq1 on
Vin4evr

for those of you has flight sim x and 04

could anyone tell me the simular function in flight sim 04 ( shift enter, and shift backspace to move view points up and down) that does the same in Flight sim x? i cant see to do the same in flight sim x as I used to in flight sim 04. It becomes difficu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kiosk on
kane92

A GOOD FLIGHT

I want to do some good flights, but know of any good ones..... So whats some of your favorite flights that i can do???? or any good flights in commercial aircraft that i can do.... THANKS...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kane92 on
abmukh80

heading hold

Hi Guys, Is there any switch in a 747/737 which follows the pink line on the GPS after selecting the heading hold? In other words after selecting the heading hold what if there is a curve on the pink line? Do I hv to manually change the heading hold p...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bartholomew on
n7xlq1

Is there a way of changing FSX saving screen shot files?

Is there a way to change the way FSX saves screen shots from .BMP's to .JPG''s? Because you would think saving it as jpg it makes the file size smaller?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
abmukh80

a321 radio tuning

Hi guys, I'm not able to tune the NAV1 on an airbus a321 aircraft. The problem is the last 3 digits give me an option to tune but not the initial 3 digits in the frequency. Ex: If the default NAV1 is set to 111.400 and I need to retune to 109.300 th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
abmukh80 on
jetman35

A fsx DX10 Picture??

A image of what DX10 could look like???? http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?Location=AVSIM&Proto=file&ImageID=173310...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
737FLIER on
escrge

Multiple Monitors stopped working...

Originally, I had FSX Deluxe running on two video cards/monitors. Card 1 is an ATI Radeon 7000 Card 2 is an NVidia GeForce 6800 I never had an issue until I installed Card #3 which is an NVidia GeForce 8500 GT. I can only get it to work on one mon...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rafi on
dosteen

Add on Aircraft -- Screen goes white and comes back

Hello, I have FSX and have recently installed some add on aircraft from some virtual airline sites. They are suppose to work with FSX being that I downloaded them from their FSX links. They work and everything shows up (guages, etc...) but when I mo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
G0Nz0 on
abmukh80

aircraft installation problem

Hi guys. I'm having problem in installing third party non FSX series aircrafts. If I'm able to explain myself correctly. Here's an example: FSX has 747-400, 737-800, A321 etc as default types of aircrafts. Now my problem is installing a 747-200 o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
abmukh80 on
Doyley

VoxATC

Has anybody tried VoxATC, any reviews? http://www.voxatc.com/ Thanks 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nottobe on
flyboy978

b-29

can someone please tell me where i can get a b-29 as a free ware...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
PhilTaylor

FSX-SP2(DX10): 3rd public post

I just posted another of my periodic updates on FSX progress with the DX10 update, here. http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/archive/2007/08/08/fsx-dx10-3rd-progress-report-just-another-wednesday.aspx I think you will find the progress interesting, and t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PhilTaylor on
abmukh80

my traffic X

Hi Guys, Since the last few days I was getting spontaneous reboots on my PC while playin FSX. I decieded to uninstall and reinstall SFX. Also I did not hv SP1 installed I did that also. Everythin happened perfectly but unfortunately my traffic X dos...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
abmukh80 on
JLangevin

HOLY COW!!! New performance pics!! 56K beware!!

Hey all.... well, first off, as many of you know, my system was running FSX VERY well, with high frame rates, and very smooth performance. If you havent seen, you can look at the videos in my signature to get an idea of my previous performance. Yester...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rozal on
slowfred

3D Glasses worth the money?

The best knowlage base out there are the people using them. My question: Is it worth the money to purchase the 3 D Glasses for FSX. My system is pretty much up to date: Intell E6600, 2 Gig Ram, BFG 7950 GT CO Good video using Vista. I have no problems a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cthiggin on
dan_cbw

Joystick in the manual

I've been looking into buying a Joystick now that I get a reasonable fps in FSX, so I was looking in the little manual thing that comes with the game and noticed they have a control layout for a joystick. Does anyone know what joystick this is (I know its...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dan_cbw on
sdmunroe

Side and rear views won't clear

Let me try this again. I got 0 responses last time and this is really bugging me. Doesn't anyone else have this problem? I've installed the service pack. It runs great, with this exception. Now when I've cleared the panels (W key) in the cockpit view, ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PhilTaylor on
abmukh80

graphics card

Hi guys, I'm just about to buy a new graphics card. Its a ati radeon 512 mb ddr3 x2900HD card. I believe it supports DX10 as well. I had some queries on the same. 1. Incase I dont hv a Vista is it worth buying a DX10 card? 2. I dont have SP1 r...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
xXx-DeathKid-xXx on
ryanking001

Cargo Pilot

Hi Guys, Has anyone tried cargo pilot with fsx and vista? The tracker always says failed to connect to fs. Please help...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cheezyflier on
Karlw

Getting Callsign to appear

How do I get a call sign to appear in my aircraft selection menu I have nly the default names and quite a few addons?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jellrod on
waterinthefuel

A slight problem with FSX, I'm certain someone can help.

Hi guys, I've messed with my poor FSX config file, whatever file you set values for stuff in, the normal one everybody messes with. (i can't think of the name now as I haven't messed with it in a while)I messed with it so much that the sim runs well, but ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
G0Nz0 on
gizmopilotdk47

My FSX videos:)

Hi. I have made a couple of fsx videos and put it on youtube. Take a look, and please comment.🙂 Video 1. http://youtube.com/watch?v=ipH6GLVFSkU Video 2. http://youtube.com/watch?v=7Kv31zMDDTc&mode=user&search= Video 1 is jets, F-16, F-14 ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
gizmopilotdk47 on
n7xlq1

FSX Crashing..

Hey all, the last couple of days, I've been having problems wit FSX, everytime I'm switching to a new view like outside spot view I'm getting a crash, and when I view the report, has to do with msvcr80.dll. I've done searches already on here about it...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
n7xlq1 on
abmukh80

machine re boots itself

Hi guys, There's problem which is happening these days when I'm flying FSX. My computer suddenly reboots on its own when I'm in game. However such a problem dosen't happen running any other program or software. This is happeing now for quite some time...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
faust1200 on
Karlw

Tail textures transparent

I have some 737-200's insalled in my fsx and the problem is that the leading edge of the tail is transparent when I turn on the light at darker settings of day is there any 737-200 tail textures I can replace these with that are not transparent in the sli...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Karlw on
baesys

CLS A340 Gauges not working

how do i get the gauges to work on my A340 package from cls ?? in 2-d panel theyre not there, there just blank, any ideas?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
abmukh80

help needed on ILS

Hi, I needed some help on ILS. I have gone through the entire theory but everybody fails to explain what exactly needs to be done during the approach. I need some step by step answers. 1.After the controller advises me to switch to airport approach,...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
abmukh80 on
JLangevin

My first weird FSX glitch... say it isnt so!!!

Well, 9 months so far, and I havent been happier with FSX... I decided to try out the new Su Jet that was uploaded to the military aircraft section and took a leisurely flight from Riverside, CA to Mexico... just about 50mi below the Mexico/California bor...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
ohboy710

fsx minimizes after clicking 'fly now' and stays minimized

So after I get into FSX and pick my aircraft, fuel, time, location etc etc, and then I press the "fly now" button to load my aircraft... the entire window minimizes into the taskbar and stays there. no matter what i do i can not get it to maxamize back u...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
baesys

Just Fight FSX A340-500/600 add on

anybody know where i can ind it to download and pay for it, i tried the just flight website and it would authorise my card...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mdaskalos on
Doyley

Landing to Extra

How do you land an Extra without bouncing? I find it really tough to slow down without flaps or speedbrake so the only way I have found at the minute is to either come in way below the glideslope or to sideslip, slideslip is tough and doesn't work too we...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
irishbloke

Problem with Instant Replay and Flight Video

For some reason these are greyed out sometimes during a flight. i tend to fly a lot of missions and lessons and would like to record my landings take off'es etc. However it seems that these 2 options are sometimes greyed out and sometimes not. Is t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
irishbloke on
abmukh80

real time weather update

Hi guys, Everytime I switch on the realtime weather update in FSX i get a error msg saying could not connect to server. My internet connection is definitely active at that time. I can surf any site. But really dosen't go through FSX. Any clue how co...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
SimmerGuy

USB Devices for FSX

Does anyone know if there is a limit on how many USB devices you can install with FSX? Is it the same for XP PRO and VISTA? Vann...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
G0Nz0

marker light not displaying correct

i do have graphics settings set high, but do not understand why the marker light textures are showing as squares when they flash? anyone come across this, and more imprtant, can it be fixed without dropping lots of settings? https://forum.flyawaysim...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
G0Nz0 on
GundamWZero

Upgrades.

Alright....time to put Intel's (and JLangevin 😀 ) money where their mouth is!!! I bought a Intel Core 2 Duo E6320 (codename Conroe) processor running stock at 1.86Ghz and a EVGA nForce 680i SLI (the Black Pearl) motherboard. Now, it was a pain in...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GundamWZero on

Aircraft Carrier take-off and landing while not in mission

How can I take off from, or land on an aircraft carrier during a non mission- how do I select the carrier as the starting location when using the filter?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
jono1978

Default A/C and Location

Hi All, Not sure if this is possible, can you set FSX to default to a Plane and Location different to that set by FSX? Thanks John...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
chrisinhants1

747 IFR

i am currently flying kdfw to Gatwick and when i line up with the runway i cannot find my gs indicator or my localizer where is it on the 747? pls help ty chris...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
G0Nz0 on
kiosk

full screen or window

which is better for performance, FSX full screen mode or window mode? I Find window mode easier to work with...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jellrod on
valcan222

A few FSX questions

Hey everyone, I have a quick question,,, ok first off I have windows vista premimum 2 gigs of ram and a gts 8800 640mb video card, i hope thats all you need to know, but anyways heres the prob, the graphics in Fsx are great but if i ever go from one airpo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Daniel_spitzner on
Karlw

operation valkeriye

Is it any good would you reccomend I get it here is a link ➡ http://secure.simmarket.com/product_info.php?products_id=2439...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
chrisjoi on
Daniel_spitzner

Flight Simulator X Wind-Direction Issue

Hello. I have noticed that when I am for example approaching a runway, I every time encounter a strenuous issue about the direction-depict of the wind. In this case applying Real World Weather Updates or Defined Weather. I will ther...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Daniel_spitzner on
Page 37 of 66