Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

x pilot

Mmm, vista and the scenery patch...

hi pilots, i have noticed the scenery patch in vista is not working as it did in xp, i am still getting black rectangles etc... this was over paris france... have i encountered a bug that vista is waiting to recieve a fix from microflop ?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
x pilot on

Will this run FSX

I've just ordered this new system and all i want to know is will this run FSX really good Processor (CPU) INTELĀ® Core 2 Extreme X6800 (2 X 2.93GHz) 1066MHz FSB/4MB Cache Memory (RAM) 4096 MB CORSAIR XMS2 800MHz Motherboard ASUSĀ® P5W DH...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
b3mmredm on
swiffer88

joystick use

Hi there, it is just a question to know if the controls in fsx are nice wit ha joystick or are still hard to move.. cause i tried to use the keybord to control a plane for fun while i wait for my stick to arrive and it's quite hard to control, press l...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on

Level d autopilot problem

Hey, Im flying level d 767.Its AWESOME!!! except......... I like to fly the approach by hand and let the autopilot control thrust and descent rate(i select manually) As soon as i enable autopilot to control vert speed it doesnt allow me to line ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Flyguy41983

FSX running really really slow

Okay so I finally got FSX to work but now the Flight Simulator is running really really slow. How can I fix that? I have all of the space avalible and it still runs slow! Once again how can I make this a lot faster?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
FSX2468

CPU Core Question

I was browsing through a couple of strings here, and found that someone says that FSX won't take advantage of a Core 2 Duo Processing System. Is this really true? FSX must be the most messy transition EVER....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
astrosteve

737-800 Ground handoff to General Avaition?

Hello everyone - I was flying last night from KCHS to KJAX, it's about a 40 minute flight. I was using an Orbit 737-800. I had a nice flight and it was really cool to be lined up with 3 other planes one after the other coming in on runway 25 from the A...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
jeffb57

Activation Problem

Hello to all, I've been gone for a while but I'm glad to be back with FSX. I've ran into a small problem in registering my product. I first installed FSX on two other computers, with running the program not being sucessful on either. I now have ins...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
x pilot on

installation issues...

whenever i go to install the game it will spin up in the drive, installshield will start and 2 seconds later it will close and give me an error message 1628: failed to complete installation. Any ideas on how to fix this? i have the latest version of insta...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Mr T

Slightly different 1722 error

Can anyone help before I put my foot through my computer? I originally installed FSX and activated successfully - however game did not run. Message said files were missing. Checked via windows explorer and the FSX folder only contained 6gb - no aircraft,...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Mr T on
waj2306

747-400 Glitch!

I have a great system that is running the FSX Standard just fine! My ONLY problem is the 747-400 (any version to include addons) has the wierdest wings. Some panels are missing and the wing looks like it is split lenght wise to make one wing above anther...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Murfi on

A question about speed.

Hi, I recently started playing FSX, mostly just flying between bigger cities for fun etc. My question is about the speed of the jets, for example the A321. It seems to me that the aircraft should be able to fly over 340 knots or so, which seems to be t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
BcBobster

1335 Error, Total Fix for it..

I was getting the 1335 Error message... I have this DVD, CD-RW/DVD Drive SM-308, do not get a different DVD, just do this: Good news... I called Microsoft... After a 2 hour hold time, I talked to them... He first aked how old my dvd drive was, ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
1335 error on
Noob

Edit Mdl files

New here but wondering if it's possible to convert an mdl file to a more common 3D format to edit in something like 3DS Max? Any help appreciated....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Noob on
Taylor

Cessna 210

hey does anyone know if there is a cessna 210 centurion in fsx w/panel. if there is let me know. thanks 😀 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Taylor on

Graphic problem, please help.

Hey, I am currently running a Emachines, it has a 250gig hard drive, 2.2GHz, and a NVIDIA Gforce 6100 GPU with available PCI-express slot graphics. I can not set all the graphics to ULTRA HIGH, if I do, it gets really clitchy. I really want to use ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
b3mmredm

FSX in Windows Vista

I was just looking at Windows Vista website when i found this image, look at the graphic's!!!!!!! Scroll down to the first image http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/features/games.mspx...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
astrosteve on
kbohme

the moon in FSX

I didn't realize the moon was so real looking in FSX Any this will be my last post for a while. I hope you enjoy....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
skypilot2 on
trinhminhduc

FSX can't run smoothly on my pc

I have upgraded my pc but Fsx couldn't run smoothly when I increased the percent of traffic over 40%. 😞 my computer : _processor : INTEL CORE 2 DUO 2.4 GHZ _memory : 4GB _video card : NVIDA GEFORCE 7900GTX , 512MB _operate system window...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
jetman35

aircraft.cfg needed for FSX

Does anybody out there have the default FSX 747 aircraft.cfg that they can give me or know where I can download it? I messed up mine accidentally. I should have backed it up. Jetman 😞...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
navyredman on
psalm10720

List of detailed airports in Flight Simulator X deluxe

Does anyone have a list of detailed airports in Flight Simulator X Deluxe?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
mrgoodweather

any heavy lift helicopters available for x?

want some big ass choppers is there any available?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mrgoodweather on
jeroenbusch

sky does strange

When i start flying anything, the view starts doing strange things at the top of my screen, it blurs In the begining it didnt do so strange, but now everytime it happens, can somebody help? ❓ ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
wmart1u on
cyber_system_tk

System lagging with FSX

I have FSX and running it on a 3.2Ghz P4 HT whit 1536MB Ram, 256MB Asus Geforce 7900GS, and i have problem sometimes, my system lags and run out af system memory. so FSX needs a mega fast computer, the minium system that microsoft says is neded is not rig...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
KenTel on

Recommended Joystick for FSX?

Hi All I am buying FSX and was wondering if anybody can reccomend a joystick they have used to use with it. I would like al the basics on it, such as a lever for throttle control and twist for rudder control. Hope to hear some good reccomendations soon...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ensorgumbs on
BcBobster

Sorry, it's FSX for my problem...

Sorry for the double post here... It's FSX that I own... I bought a 300gb hard drive, finally copied and pasted both disc's on the drive because it would not load from the DVD drive, started the install, got the 1335 Error, copied each D1Feat~2.cab u...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Blademaster

brakes will not release

hey for some messed up reason the brake in FSX is stuck on. can anyone help?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on

!!!!!!!!!!!!!I NEED HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Hi can someone please help me. My jetways will not come to my aircraft but I can open my cargo doors and the little cars come and unload it and the pushback car come to my aircraft and pushes me back its just jetways will not work. Can someone please help...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Murfi on
AirCanada767

Vectors to runway? From pilot-->to Tower (me)

Well see, im Kind of new to the ATC, and i find it really nice. However, I do NOT know how to give the vectors to the pilot(s) for when they ask for it. I always say go visual approach. But what i want to know is, how can you find the vectors of that acti...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
AirCanada767 on
lemonwonder

Supersonic/Fast aircraft

Does anybody know of any Supersonic aircraft for FSX? And any like... 747 aircraft or some kind of commercial airliner that has been edited to go really fast? DONT CHANGE TO AIRCRAFT SECTION PLEASE, THAT IS A GHOST SECTION NO1 GOES THERE...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lemonwonder on
Jwilliamson

FS X . Memory unable to be written

FS X loads correctly, but when flights begins gets application error "The instruction @ XXXXX referenced XXXXXXX. Memory cannot be written. Click OK to terminate. After two hours on the India hotline, was still unable to resolve problem. Running Pent 4 ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sartech on
calypsoazGuest

AH-64 Apache Longbow for Flight Simulator X Deluxe

Hey guys I am going to be attending a Helicopter Training School in March and I have already ordered a set of MRVC Helicopter Controls $862.68 later but check them out plus a Pilot seat with adjustable everything $517.03. I wanted to know if anyone knows ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Viper006 on
VinnyTS3

GPS/NAV PROBLEM

it was working fine then loaded up the game and the gps dosent work, the window opens up when i press the button, but its as if it is switched off, no idea why this has happened...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tyrick69 on
stereomatic

how do i move my tail /pedals please??

how do i move my tail pedals of the air plaine to turn right or left with out touch the right or left keys i pushd the right enter key in the keyboard it works for only left or right i dont remember but how do i move both ways please its important to ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
lemonwonder

Requesting a repaint KIT

I have browsed countless forums, downloaded billions of programs and I still dont have what I want. Can anyone tell me a FREE download for a repaint kit. One that actualy flies of fsx (I got one that had a bunch of pictures to edit... and that was it) or ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
navyredman on
SteveToms

FSX Crashing

I have been installing Flightplans and AI into FSX lately, and I just installed bmi, and it crashes at Gatwick, but works other places. I then tried another one and it worked but since the titlenames for the planes were different I had no planes, and we I...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SteveToms on
help

how do I do this in free flight?

How do I start on water? I usually fly the beaver but always end up on a runway... and the beaver is on floats. how do i start on water instead?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

Airbus A321 Autobrakes

Hello, I'm having problems finding the switch for autobrakes for the A321 in FSX. There are clearly lights for it when selecting the "Other Controls Windows Display/Hide" knob (third from right) (below the ldg gear) lights, but I can't seem to activ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
swiffer88

Where can I see I much fps i'm getting

Hello, I was wondering where can I see I much FPS I get , do I have to download something, or is in the game??? thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
swiffer88 on

My added aircrafts are black.. plz somebody help..

Hi guys 🙂 i recently installed fsx, but i'm having problem to add new aircraft, i add some aircraft but it comin black. i don't know what to do ... i read the file "read me" and i followed the instruction correctly. but i open my fsx and i find...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
SMS (guest)

Multi display for FSX

Hi all! I have a glass cockpit coming together (project magenta) and FSX providing the main display on the video projection unit. I have read and observed that the best frame rates are when FSX is in windowed mode! Now why this would be is counter ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
alastairg100

Always crash on Telluride landing

I have had FSX for about 2-3 months now, and FS9 before that for about a year. I have always been able to land as they arent really that difficult, however when ever I do the telluride mission on FSX Deluxe, I always crash. it is only a begginner diffucul...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tintinuy on
captainsimon

AMD X2 Dual Core with FSX

Does FSX support dual core processors and use both cores whilst operating in Win XP? Sorry If Its been asked before. Cheers...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
chrismardel

FRAME PROBLEM WITH FSX IN HIGH END SYSTEM

I have installed FSX and now I have both FSX and FS2004 in my computer but I use only FS2004 because I'm very disappointed with FSX. I have an AMD Athlon 2.12, 80Gig hard drive, 1Gig of Memory, and an ATI 512MB Video Card. I would think that should be en...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
DeGrab on
mikenoble

Two monitor setup

What views do you guys put on a dual monitor setup? I've just ordered a new system so I will have two monitors until I sell my old system. I have 21" WS and a 18" 4:3. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flying-Scot on
mdaskalos

ILS Approach problem

First off, I found the sticky thread in the FS 2004 forun describing how to make an ILS approach. I though I had done everything right, but if I had, I wouldn't be having to post here... Flying a CRJ-700 IFR from Princess Juliana (TNCM)to St. Thomas (T...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mdaskalos on
djcevera

windows 2000?

will fsx or fs9 run on a system that is running windows 2000?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Taylor

favorites

hey everyone. i was just wondereing what are your favorite aircraft to fly in fsx and what are your favorite missions. my favorite planes is the cessna 172 with the glass cockpit and a love the aleutian cargo run. thanks. 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Taylor on
Qantas_here_I_come

Photoshop

Ok im not that smart when it comes to art so can someone instruct me how to use or make a descent picture in photoshop this would really be appreciated as i have had it for a while and never really used it becuase i didnt know how....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Qantas_here_I_come on
J3

CH Rudder pedals/ Ch Flightstick Pro problems

Hello all. I searched the archives as best I could and did not find this topic. I just installed FS X but my rudder pedals don't work. They work in Win XP. They are the gameport style, not USB. I have unselected auto rudder, recalibrated, installed...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
J3 on
Page 53 of 66