Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Geoffos

FSX Activation Issue

First of all, I know there's a sticky here concerning activation issues, but this question is slightly different, hence the new thread ... I read on the MS Support sites that to activate the product, you can do it online or by telephone; I (and I assum...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Geoffos on
Jim Bukowski

Scenic Short Flights

Can anyone recommend any short (15-30 minute) scenic flights? What is the best scenic short flight on FSX?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Taylor on

SP1 - Why haven't they implemented the TAXI LIGHTS!!???

Im sure it states as real as it gets on the box. Am i being stupid or have microsoft completely forgot about this? Taxi lights are very important in aviation....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

PC Crash's

I have loaded SP1 and all appeared to be OK. I can select an airport, weather , aircraft etc. But when I use the mouse to set a hdg bearing or advance throttles etc my machine make a buzzing sound and crashes? My maching has the following config:- ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Divot

Can't run FSX Deluxe

After weeks of flawless running, last week FSX just stopped working. When I start the game I get this error message: "Flight Simulator was unable to load some program files and will now exit. Please reinstall Flight Simulator to restore or repair th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Mavix

I think I found a UFO in FSX!

I was looking through some screenshots of FSX and look what I found: https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/28220/i-think-i-found-ufo-in-fsx_9279910d7ac7fdfa2562bb013383b314.jpg...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Bran09

ERROR 1722

when i reinstall fsx it says at the end of the download error 1722 i tryed everything really need help i tryed and tryed 6 times i tryed nota HELP PLEASE!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bran09 on
cthiggin

What IF - cannot find FSX.cfg File

What's the next step IF you're FSX.cfg is Not in your normal location - Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX - Folder options are set to "view hidden", but the data is Not in Documents and Settings, anywhere - I do have a FSX.cf...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Michaelvg1

Can't find the FSX.cfg file...

Can anyone refresh my memory? I have FSX Deluxe.....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
falconxxx

Help please!!!

Can someone please help me?......I downloaded this excellent vintage plane DC-7 United Airlines onto Simulator X.....beautiful plane and all however I did not get the small thumbnail image on the main Select Aircraft page!!!......I have the title and desc...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
falconxxx on
cthiggin

Capturing FSX Pics

Hello fellow simmers - I have seen some great photos posted here of simmers capturing in-flight shots as well as stills - What program is being used OR is there a way of capturing in FSX? - I know you can do a short video, but stills? Thanks in advance ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Michaelvg1

Is FSX Open GL?

What does it mean? My Nvidia control panel has this option but don't know whether or not to set it on......

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Karlw

Yaaa rgeat news about the pmdg 744 and md-11

➡ http://www.precisionmanuals.com/ Can anyone please tell me if the 744 will be free for update or will it be just like buyimng the aircraft again?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Karlw on

Even possible to build a home PC that will run FSX flawless?

I have a dual core E6400 @ 3.2ghz stable, along with an 8800GTS 640MB Graphics Card, and 2x 1GB of Ram, running XP 32 Bit SP2. I just downloaded FSX SP2, and although a very noticeable improvement, its not the type of performance I would expect with a ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
chlorinekid on
n7xlq1

problem flying a simple flight using Flight planner.

Hey all, I'm having a problem flying simple flight using Flight planner, and I'm not sure what to do.. Here's the situation, I'm flying from KEUG (Eugene OR) to KSFO San fransico CA, and I'm using the default 7373-800, and when I get into Flight Pl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jellrod on

Typo on previous post: Sorry, but still need help..

Trying to Install Flight Simulator X. Constantly getting a .cab error half way through install. error is: D1Fea~18.cab is corrupted. I've talked with MS Support, didn't work. Done a clean boot, no help. This game has had an attempted re-install s...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
EricRC

Have you met this error during the installation of FSX??

During the final moment of the installation, an error 1935 message appeared, it's about something like "error installing assembly ...... simconnect " and so on. I've tried to format my system drive and re-install the winXP with SP2 and then install the ga...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

NO MORE TROLLS ABOUT FUEL TRUCKS & JETWAYS PLS

NO MORE TROLLS ABOUT FUEL TRUCKS & JETWAYS PLS would the mod pls make a sticky ?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Karlw

samian design yak-42 help

the read me file says ➡ Model, Panel & Aircraft files and gauges should not be altered and cannot be incorporated into other shareware or freeware programs or published on any electronic or mechanical media anywhere without permission. Th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
cpsc

Helicopter Tutorial

Is it just me or is the helicopter tutorial next to impossible to do. I don't know if I am doing something wrong or what... but no matter how hard I try the helicopter goes into this crazy spinning mode where it spins around and around and then starts fl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Bran09

Installshield Unable to load runtime scripting FSX

when i try to install fsx it says install sheild unable to load runtime scripting...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bran09 on
NSX

Spot view trouble, help please

Hi all, I'm still having trouble with spot view. Sometimes it zoomes in so far it's making the plane look silly and the view is un-flyable. I made a screenie so you can see for yourself, this is made after zooming out as far as it would go. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cthiggin on
Chris102

Deluxe and Standard

I got my DVD drive, so I'm almost ready for FSX (need a graphics card!) I noticed that FSX Deluxe has 21 detailed airports, 38 detailed cities. And, FSX Standard has 16 detailed airports, 28 detailed cities. Would someone be able to give me a lis...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
chlorinekid on
chlorinekid

some help needed to find a website...

ok, so i ain't been around these parts for a while but im back like the leech i am to ask for some help!! many months ago i used to use a website that generated 'missions' for the user to use within flight simulator (was fs2004 at the time) you firs...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
chlorinekid on
robson131

Do I need dual core?

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/21628/dual-core-processors/ Would the link I put above work for FSX aswell? I have a amd athlon 4000+, All my textures are on high, All scenery and vehicals buildings tree etc boats cars are on low and ai...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
737FLIER

Configuring a new PC with sp1 out

I was in the middle of making a decision on a new computer when sp1 came out. With Sp1 making things run FSX faster should I change some things. FSX is the only High detail game I will run on it. Remeber if I have to change some things I also have to subt...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bawls327 on
Bran09

Error 1172 on re-install?

okay when i try to reinstall fsx it shows error 1722,there is a problem with this windows installer package.A program run as part of setup dod not finish as expacted please help me...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
NoCab2002X

FS2002X: Constantly getting D1Fea~18.cab file corrupt.......

System: WIN XP SP2 CPU 1.6GHZ Radeon Graphics card 19" LCD 1400x900 Display DVD-ROM CD-ROM RW Have installed MS Flight Simulator 2002 with NO PROBLEM. Now TRYING to INSTALL MS Flight Simulator 2002 DELUXE. Constantly getting this error half w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
NoCab2002X on
oldsamer

Archiving fsx_sp1_ENU.exe problem

After downloading FSX Service Pack 1, My 1st action was to attempt to copy it onto a CD using winXp "send to" drive D. That didn't work, Got a "fsx_sp1_ENU.exe contains extra info attached to it that might to lost" . Tried Windows explorer copy/paste, sam...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
737FLIER

6100 to 8500gt

How many frame rates would I gain if i upgraded to this? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814122023...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JLangevin on
darrensen

Install problem CD 2 - Pls help

Hi, I have had to re format my system and when i went to re install Flight Sim X it gets right to the end of the last DVD and then says it cant read a file. Each time i install it seems to stop on a different file. When i remove the DVD and re inse...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
mpf858

Cannot Download Scenery File from flyawaysimulation.com

I’ve been trying to download the file “FSX/FS2004 Lost Angeles South East Scenery Package”, SLI_FX.zip at https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1406/fsx-fs2004-lost-angeles-south-east-scenery-package/ This is a 60Mb file, and it quits down...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on

FSX Exits itself

Hi, I just bought a new pc and FSX running win vista. for some reason when in the program and I am changing an option, downloading real weather the whole program exits out.... anyone knows why that could be? thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JLangevin on
mpan3

FSX SP1 'Later this week': Promises 40% performance Increase

FSX SP1 News:AMD quote Today AMD announced their new Phenom™ processor here. As part of this press release, Aces Studio participated with a quote about our improved multi-core support in SP1. The quote stated “Like AMD, we too envision quad-...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
shirke01 on
benbastock

virtual airlines entrance exam

can anybody tell me where to get help with this va entrance exam if you know any of the answers here are the questions 8. You are on final approach to runway 26, whose magnetic heading is 264. The correct OBS setting should be... Choices: ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jellrod on

Motherboard?

Hey everybody I'm pretty new in this forum , but I've heard a lot of good things about it. Here's my question: What does the motherboard do. I mean, I have just spent a lot of money buying a new computer, which I constructed on my own. The specs ar...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Mavix

ATi or Nvidia?

I have narrowed my graphics card choice down to the Ati Radeon X1600 and the Geforce 7600GS. The X1600 has 256Mb DDR3, and according to the Palit website the core clock speed up to 575Mhz and the memory clock speed up to 1000Mhz. According to Toms Hardwar...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bawls327 on
Sno0ze

Fuel Burn Calculation

Is there an easy way? lol...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lionlicker on
BHortonAP13

"Lisa Marie" Elvis Jet

I was wondering if someone could make a replica of Elvis' "Lisa Marie" Jet for FSX. If someone knows of it being made already, please let me know... I'm not sure even what type of jet it was... Any information when the download is available please send m...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
BHortonAP13 on
Tailhook

Weary of YouTube?

Beat the YouTube Blues and head straight to where it's happening: http://www.simtube.com// 😎...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cheezyflier on

" fsx was unable to load some program files and will no

i have a problem when running fsx, when i click on the .exe icon on the desktop a message appear to me saying" fsx was unable to load some program files and will now exit, please try to re-install or repair the installation" and actually i did that ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Gazz22wyorks

FSX start

Hi I was flying the african safari mission when I suffered a spike of some kind. System shut down and ever since then FSX has developed a habit of auto loading in a tike mid air over friday harbor. Any ideas how to disable this and just load the pro...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
luigi_m_

Just getting into FSX, help needed

I've just got my new computer which consists of 3.6ghz processor, 2Gb RAM and a 256 BIT nvidia nforce 6100 IGP, and just ordered FSX, but I want to get the best looks at possible, so I need a shopping list for: 1. Best scenery addons for UK & Europe. M...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
k_camacho11

Help...FSX Running Slow On My Comp.

I have a HP Pavilion dv6000 Labtop with Windows Vista. It has a AMD Turiom 64 with 1.60 GHz, 1982 RAM, and 105 GB hardrive. For some reason, FSX isn't running that good. The frames per second are real slow and it lags a lot. Can someone help me out? T...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bawls327 on
cthiggin

Simulation Cockpit - FlightSim and Racing

Saw this piece in USA Today Sun. Mag - Neat alternative to a full blown hi-dollar simulator - and it appears to be a unit that could be built inexpensively. Site: http://hotseatsim.com/ cthiggin 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cthiggin on
Smailey112

Longest Flight

Hi, just got the idea, of hearing how far people have been flying on FSX... My record is Houston (KIAH) to Amsterdam (EHAM) that took me 10 hours and 30 min... Lets see how far people acctually have gone😛 And people, dont lie😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
guest on
ace39

ace39

hi guys anyone know where i can get the guages for the grumman goose?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ace39 on
VinnyTS3

What is G-MAX ?

?????...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GundamWZero on
millertime

tweaking display settings for optimal fps

hey there, i had looked for about a half hour trying to find a thread that had tweaking tips for display settings, such as what to increase, what sucks up alot of fps, etc... i know it depends on what system but this is what i got and i get decent fps but...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
millertime on
lionlicker

Longs and Latts from GPS?

I am trying to get away from using the cheat line (Shift Z - brings up the red text on the top of the screen) Does anybody know how to use the GPS to get the longtitude and lattitude of your current position? Or is it not possible. Would have though...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Page 43 of 66