Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Oil rigs

any1 know where there is an oil rig in free flight ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
gordan_falcon

FLIGHT DECK 4

When i got my new addon to FSX, i thought it was going to be great. I downloaded the game as directed and started playing. I've noticed that there is NO air traffic, and i am the only one on the USS Ronald Reagan. I also am not able to fire the catapul...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on

What went wrong with my landing?

I was flying the 747 400 for the first time, i have FS2Crew activated, makes flying so much more fun. Anyway, the first problem was that the airport was 16miles away and i was atleast 17000 ft in the air and it was asking me to turn, align up and land...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
rowcoach

runway signs

during the daytime, the signs that designate the names of the runways show up just as white boxes with no writing in them. At night however, they are red with clearly visible names on them. Is this just part of the program ?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mat3329 on
Fustrated

ILS Aproaches and Landings,.........can't get it done

Hi, I really enjoy reading all the posts and great advice on this forum, but I have a problem I seem to be unable to find a solution. I have had all the FS editions that came out, last one was FS 2004, where I was able to do ILS Landings without a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Heyjoojoo

How can I "auto land" or autopilot a final approac

Hello all, I'm not a very skilled FSX pilot but I tinker a little with FSX's Flight Planner. I am pretty good at getting an airliner off the ground using Autopilot, reaching cruising alt, with little or no problem. However, I can't seem to land the air...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jellrod on
gordan_falcon

Smoke

How do u get smoke on other aircraft other than the extra 300s? and if so how do u get it in different colors? FSX...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
mat3329

Antonov An-224 Mriya

I just downloaded the Antonov An-224 Mriya, the world's biggest airliner from Russia for those who are unfamiliar with the aircraft. I was wondering other than Edwards Airforce Base, what other airports are suitable for this plane, and what airports does ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mat3329 on
bawls327

The best payware scenery?

Well I have been searching for the payware scenery and loved what I looked at but I had a few questions on some. What is your favorite Payware scenery that you guys would want or have? This again might be a stupidi question but even if your computers skip...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bawls327 on
swiss323

Announcing Altitude

hey, im pretty new to fsx and i was wondering how do i make the aircraft announce altitude like it does in real life at 500, 400, 300, etc when landing???...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Long-Distance

Xtreme realistic cockpit (how to build one)

Are any of these posible? My main computer runs all the graphics while 2-3 sub computers (connected via gigabit ethernet) display the gauges? I want to modify a keyboard by soldering wires and extending buttons and switches as external realistic con...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Michaelvg1

Proper FSX Resolution Setting

So. My video card and monitor are both capable of displaying 1400:900. This is what I have my Vista Desktop set to and it looks great. What do I set the game resolution to? IS there optimum setting or should I just set it to 1400:900 like my system set...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Mavix

Duel Core or Pentium D?

Which is better for playing FSX on windows XP: Core2 Duo 1.8Ghz or Pentium D 3Ghz? The computer will have 1 gig of RAM. And which is better: ATi or nVidia? I'm thinking of getting either a GeForce 7300GT or 7600GS. Which will be better? Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Michaelvg1

P. Taylor's Blog?

Please read the following Quote.... “The latest version of Microsoft Flight Simulator* X, Service Pack One (SP1), due out later this month, is a great match for the extreme multi-core processing delivered by the new Intel Core 2 Extreme quad-core pro...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Michaelvg1 on
Smittymatt

Civil Air Patrol Mission problem

I searched for and already found a thread on this topic but it didn't really help the problem I am experiencing. When I try to get to turnpoint two, the engine begins stalling as I get over 7k feet. The mountain you are required to cross is unfortunatel...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Smittymatt on
JLangevin

CPU Load...

I decided to take a screenshot of my CPU load while flying... where as its dissapointing that FSX at this point does not take advantage of both processors, but at the same time, impressive that I am getting the kind of performance that I am with only 1 pr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Karlw

Janet aircraft information

ok if anyone knows or works on or by the janet termianl I have a few questions 1. how old must you be to strat flying janet? 2. Can you fly janet for a couple of years then go to fly for airlines jumpstarting your flying career? 3. If you apply for janet...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Karlw on
seldo

FSX Hot Keys

Does anyone know all the hotkeys for FSX? If so could you please state them?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
JLangevin

F-16 Low Altitude, High speed video...

Just a short video of the F-16 in Iraq... Someone thought my F14 video was an F16, so I decided to make a video for this aircraft as well... Its amazing how nimble it is! https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/27173/f-16-low-altitude-hi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
seldo on
Tarquinius

Will this system run FS X (on low settings)?

Hi, I've read so many posts on this board and am not sure which way to turn as some people with relatively modest systems seem to have FS X working fine and others with great systems say it hardly runs well at all. I guess it all depends upon your ow...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JLangevin on
arulu

Which is the best graphics card

Please help me to get the suitable graphic card especially to run FSX. Are Nvidia Geforce cards or PCI cards gives the best perfomance in FSX. Sametime how much difference does it make between Intel Pentium D 2.8mhz and Dual core Intel 1.86mhz. Thanks fri...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
arulu on
Michaelvg1

Mouse Control Viewing?

I was watching some neat clips on Youtube and there was a video where the pilot had the view from outside behind the plane. We all know that if you fly with that view and turn the plane goes off center. This pilot was able to change the view by dragging...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JLangevin on
cthiggin

Help with lining up on approach & landing

Hello folks - need some help - been using FSX for about 4 months now - reading your most helpful threads - I have been flying both prop and jets, using ILS approaches to understand how "approaches should look , instuments , etc. OK - now time to do...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cthiggin on
xsailor

What are......

What are: Back course hold? Yaw Damper? Nav Hold? What are these switches on Autopilot? What do they do. Only switches I use in A/P are: Heading Hold Auto Thrusts Approach hold Altitude and Incline Level knob. Thanks in ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Sno0ze on
skypilot2

Rome to Naples Run?????

Anyone else expieriencing problems with this mission? On final into naples the throttle opens up and jets spool up to 95% about 2 miles out. This has happened in both deluxe version and standard version FSX. I was coming in to low the first time and added...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
thisguy on
Michaelvg1

Audio Cracking

If it's not one thing it's another. Now all of the sudden since I installed Deluxe, I get Audio cracking. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Michaelvg1 on
Karlw

windows xp winzip question

I learnd that windows xp had its own winzip utility built in how do I accsess this i can't seem to find it?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Jim Bugowski

ILS Approach Help

Hello: I am hoping that someone can help me with an ILS approach. I'll list what I am doing and perhaps someone would be kind enough to give my a hand. 1) I tune NAV1 frequency to ILS runway. Make sure it is selected on the radio stack and I make s...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jellrod on
roelli98

Could not load Direct3D device

"Could not load Direct3D device" While I was loading a mission, all of the sudden this message came!SOmeone help!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
frosty010

What Has Happened To My Water Effects?

Ok, i was just flying the other day in the DH Beaver Floatplane in FSX. When i touched down on the water, i got some wierd effects. The water was not in a spray form but realy wierd. Once i have found out how to post pictures on here, i will put one up. P...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
roelli98

Pathetic Computers United

My computer has started a new generation of framerates. Instead of fps, it has made it to fpm, frames per minute! WHo else has thisstoo?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
roelli98 on

8800 Ultra to arrive on May Day

8800 Ultra to arrive on May Day http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=38814...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
LearJet45Guy

Default flight, and how to make FSX NOT load one?

Hi! I'm desperately trying to prevent FSX load up a default flight, when starting. But I've not been successful yet, so how do one prevent loading any kind of flight? I just want the damn main menu, and frankly, it pisses me off that it's made defau...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Smittymatt

New here and problem with Flight Simulator X

Hello everyone, just bought the game and am new to the forums here. I been itching to play FSX, but my current computer is causing some technical problems. I am able to install the game, but when I try and launch I receive an error message saying "Flig...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Smittymatt on
Michaelvg1

Black Plane in "Free Flight" Screen

I may have asked this in another topic but not as a subject. I'm hoping to get help. FSX works fine except for the black plane. Any ideas? It does not do this when playing.... Weird.. right?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
taylorc on

Am i landing correctly in my 737?

I approach the runway normally at around 145 - 150kts. On ILS i get the autopilot level me out and bring me down on mt descent. By the time im 5NM out i have full flaps and travelling down at 145- 150 kts. At about 800ft i cut off the autopilot and the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
x pilot on

Help with RAM

Hello everybody I would like to hear if anyone knows what the RAM does to FSX. Is there any difference between 1 gb and 2 gb RAM at all? Hope you can help me!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JLangevin on
xsailor

Computer Performance Improvement (Fans)

I have a gateway M680, 1 gb ram, pentium m 2 GHZ processor, ati x700 video card. not too shabby for a notebook, i have played everygame perfect until i started FSX. Has any one been experiencing very frustrating performance when flying in FSX? Game sto...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
xtrmsimmr on
roelli98

New computer - Will it be enough for FSX?

I am thinking about getting this computer: HP Pavilion Media Center TV m7795 Intel® Core™2 Duo Prozessor E6400 (2.13 Ghz) Original Windows Vista™ Home Premium Intel® Viiv™ Technologie Intel® 945G Express Chipset 3 GB of Rame ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Sno0ze on
JLangevin

Any requests?? Video...

Im getting antcey to make another video since I am slow at work right now and have some time... Im thinking of finding a cool Apache model and make a video with my Helicopter skills with both an Apache, and my Cobra.... but Im running out of other ideas.....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Mc_GaNgStA on
roelli98

installing fsx on another computer...

Hello. I have already installed fsx on 1 computer. If I use the same set of 2 cds on another computer with the same key, will the installation work?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
roelli98 on
golly

driving a Jeep in Hawaii

it was a blast !!! I downloaded a Jeep, and was driving it around Hawaii. It was FUN FUN FUN !!! in one down hill section, the Jeep was airborne for a second !!! but don't drive it too fast, you can overstress it easily....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
roelli98 on
Karlw

Winzip help please

My evaluation period ended quite some time ago but now whenever I unzip something it works but no folder ever comes up did it truley expire and if so is there anything else out there for free?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on

Which Free Flight has the Aircraft Carrier?

Which Free Flight has the Aircraft Carrier I can practice landing on?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on

What is transferable from FS2002/2004 to FSX ?

does anybody know exactly what is transferable from FS2002 and FS2004 to FSX? is there a conversion program available?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Phil Taylor

FSX SP1:Intel news

I just blogged about the Intel PR and provided a bit more detail on what it means here http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/archive/2007/04/09/fsx-sp1-news-intel-quote.aspx This collects and consolidates the information I have replied to several threads w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
taylorc

How To Edit Planes

What software should i use to edit my planes and make them personolised cheers...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

pretty nifty japanese site

pretty nifty japanese site http://www.bekkoame.ne.jp/i/m28hama/...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jellrod on

Screen resolution question

I am running 1280x1024 on a Samsung 225BW 22'' widescreem but because 1280x1024 is no the monitors optimal display resolution of 1600x1050 (16:9) I get a horizontally elongated view which is pretty annoying anyone know how to correct this??? If I ru...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
airbourne

Airport Baggage

I Know how to call the Fuel truck. Just wondering how u call the Over stuff like the BAGGAGE Truck. Commands Would be Helpfall Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jellrod on
Page 46 of 66