Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Scenery.cft

I'm a little bit new to Flight Simulator, and in working on some of the tips from the recent edition of Computer Pilot have generated a scenery.cfg error that reads, "SCENERY.CFG file error. Local scenery directory (Addon Scenery\SCENERY) in scenery ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
sinebar

Land me

Hey anyone remember the "land me" option in on of the older flight sims? Maybe 98. Anyway is there a "land me" in FSX?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
sniper45

need help choosing

could anyone recommend a good downloadable aircraft for short range and one for long range....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sniper45 on
sinebar

Which is most crucial for great graphics

So I have this PC which is a few years old. It's a Sony 1.7GHz Pentium 4. Windows XP. The max amount of ram it will hold is 512 meg. I could probably upgrade the processor. The ram is maxed out at 512. So if I put a really high performance graphics ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

Flying around the world

Hey guys, I have been wanting to take a flight across the world for a while now, but I was wondering about how to do the flight plan? Do you just wing it and look at a map and pick out airports, or is there some default plans or perhaps flight ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Trancelator on
DaveG35

Navigation

When following high altitude jet routes, we often have to change direction or something at a waypoint that is defined in terms of being on a certain VOR radial, right? Well, I have discovered (belatedly!) that the maps generated by the FSX Flight Plann...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
jetman35

Raderman question

I am in the market to purchase a new PC in the next month or so. I know it's recommended that we go with a large power supply to run video cards and was wondering what you ended up with? Seems like many new PC's out there are lacking wattage and wanted ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jetman35 on
b3mmredm

Overclocking processors

I've seen on ebay a Intel Quad core processor, which is usually 4x2.66GHZ. But i noticed that it was overclocked and it was running at 4x3.25GHz! Can i do that with a Intel Core 2 Extreme (2x2.93GHz) and make that faster eg OVERCLOCKING?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

Flight Simulator X Brake Problem/Glitch Is there a Fix?

The Brakes behave fine start of the flight, by the time you takeoff, you later notice the brakes are on. I dont mean parking brakes but as if you've got your brake button pressed all the time. It wont disengage upon pressing the . button or joystick butto...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
737FLIER

How well will this computer run FSX?

http://www.gateway.com/retail/gm5424.php...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
737FLIER on
xplosiv3

How Do you Set up Visual flight paths

hey just wondered how you set up visual flight path...i cant find anything with like a visual tutorials..and the one on FSX is basic if you know where to look and how to tune a NAV...im pretty new to it..about 2 weeks now..so if anyone knows a FSX for du...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
xplosiv3 on
lemonwonder

Im switching... some help please?

Ok, I am thinking very seriously of swapping from FSX to FS2004. I have searched the forum... but not found really what I wana hear. I cant run the game without gamespy eventually ragging out, then needing a re-install, or having something like a Di...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
edge4949

lppr approach

Is it just me, or the LLPR VOR/DME aproach rw35 on the FSX is not accurate? Can anyone help me? Regards, MT...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Darcey

Ride in Reverse

Hey everyone, Im just using my keyboard to play and sometimes my joystick. How do i ride in reverse (shift+p) but how do u turn left and ride... When i just push the left and right arrow key the flaps on the wings move up... But that isnt the right w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
anonymouse91 on
SeanGa

Controlling jets in FSX

I find it quite weird that when flying a jet in fsx (e.g the A321), if I turn the stick all the way to one side, it will barely turn, but when I am over the runway right before touch down the response increases dramatically and if I turn the stick all the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
x pilot on
737FLIER

MY FSX site!!!!

The first person to go to my site will be the 100th visitor. While you are: sign your name in my guestbook vote in my polls view my ingame photos You can access these by clicking on them in the menu bar at the top www.freewebs.com/gofsx...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
astrosteve on
astrosteve

Can someone explain this.....

Hey I was flying the Embraer 120 from Toronto Pearson to Niagra Falls Intl. and I cut on the Anti-Ice switch in flight and the engines seemed to shimmer down a bit and my KIAS lowered from 210kts to 188kts. When I released the Anti-Ice switch the plane sp...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
astrosteve on
Murfi

It just get's worse!

After I tried to install the game again, I got to Error 1722 and pressed cnt+alt+del and hope it would remove the files! I checked the files and only fonts, wheather and some other files there. None that is any good, not even scenery was there. I put d...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
astrosteve on
Murfi

747 Takeoff and climb problems

Hi I'm having problems taking off in the 747 and climbing. It seems to go into stall in takeoff, I know why becuase the plane pulls up itself and it doesn't get enough speed. I don't know how to stop it from going up. I'm using a program called FS2Crew...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
astrosteve

KMYR to Bermuda ...wow what a final!!!

Hey guys - I just wanted to post a little flight I took from Myrtle Beach,SC to Bermuda Island. I was flying a Embraer 120 (Delta Connection) that I download from FlyAway. I was descending out of 22,000 and was downwind crossing the south part of the i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
astrosteve on

Physics card for FSX?

Does anyone know if the new PHYsics cards are supported or will help any at all with FSX performance? here is one am looking at buying.... http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=2&l2=100&l3=295&model=1137&modelmenu=1...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
astrosteve on
buscador

Are there airports in Antarctica included in FSX?

I am using FS9 yet because I do not have money to buy HIGH END hardware. But I would like to know if Antarctic bases are included in FSX. Is it possible to change navigation to fly e.g. to Amundsen-Scott base (South Pole)? Using flat world map in FS9 it i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
buscador on

Back Course ILS in a 737 in Flight Sim X

Lots of useful information on this site as well as pilots with a great depth of knowledge. I wonder if you can help me, say we have an airport with one runway. On one end its marked 10 and the other is 23. ILS is available on runway 10 but there are no...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Karlw

Can anyone recomend an addon aircraft for fsx?

I was thinking about the Alphasim B1b however any aircraft military or not for fsx wll do. Thanks 🍻...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Trancelator

Digital glideslope?

Hey, I have a very difficult time lining up with the centerline. Does anyone know if i can somehow get a digital glideslope? For example:if i am to the left of the runway the digital glideslope will show 1 degree or something.Then as i get clo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Trancelator on
sniper45

crj-700 info

can someone please give me some info about the crj-700 like the ceiling, crusing speed,ext if someone could please take the time out to tell me this info it will be greatly appreciated....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sniper45 on

Whats the landing formula?

Ok, i've managed to suss out Back Course ILS landings, now the runway i use doesn't have a glideslope to let me automatical glide down for a landing it must be done manually. Now i remember there used to be a formula for landings. But i cannot find the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
jaybirdjay

NEED HELP PUTING ON ADD ON AIRCRAFT ON FLIGHT SIM X

need help puting add on planes to flight sim X?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Trancelator

Who has the best system here on Flyaway?

As we all know FSX needs some crazy hardware to run smoothly. So lets do a poll to see what we might need to run it on max or even close to. Put all your system specs in this forum.Then after a week or so we will see who has the best system and then...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
skypilot2 on
4life_killah

Can See Airport but not Buildings

i can some one help me i have good graphic but im having problems because i can see the airpot but i cant see no buildings os ates only the god damn bagge card but i cant see the airport building or gates can some one help me plz or leave ya msn or someth...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
noob in trouble D:

loading downloaded planes onto fsx

Well im a noob and i just dowloaded a new plane, but i cant get it actually in the game. Is there any hope for a noob? 😞...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
737FLIER

How do you get your rank up??

how to you get up to a first officer or something higher....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
737FLIER on
onlymeeee

Some crazy people do crazy things ........... !!!!!

is this the room of a crazy guy or a crzy guy with photoshop skills 😀 http://bp0.blogger.com/_X9j4oQO_vzs/RcR5ZI0SS_I/AAAAAAAAABQ/ahgsxOxKKyc/s1600-h/obsession.JPG...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
rightnumberone

All New Mission Released - Earthquake

On October 19, 1989 ... ABC Sports’ Al Michaels was broadcasting the opening of the 1989 World Series when suddenly all hell broke loose. On the air, Michaels announced that San Francisco was experiencing a large earthquake. It turned out to measure 6.9...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
onlymeeeee on
MonsoonMally

PSU issues.

I seem to be having problems with the 12v line on my PSU. About 18 months ago, I had a similar problem - and found changing the PSU sorted it - until now. I have a very power hungry graphics card, you see........... Anybody else have similar pr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
oldsamer on
markhyder

Autobrake

When landing on wet runways what setting for the Autobrake. 1, 2, 3 or Max?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
markhyder on

Leveling Problem

Guys, I just installed FlightSimX and I am having a hard time getting started, this is my first flight sim game. I am going though the lessons, did the first one no problem but when I needed to turn I am having some real issues. There seems to be...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
737FLIER on
kinetic25

pushback

Hi, just a quick question whats the button so that an airport vehicle pushes the aircraft away from the terminal building....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
AirAustin on
blademan

chopper control???

just can,t seem to fly choppers got sim yoke help/commets...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
faust1200 on
waj2306

FSX and FS2004

Having used ONLY FSX, a question hit me that I'm sure can be answered here! If I install BOTH on my system, will there be any conflicks within the programing that would harm the programs or my rig? I have 94% free on a 120 MB HHD. Reading through...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
blademaster

Saitek X52 throttle problem

i just bought FSX and the throttle for my Saitek x52 is not working right. if i have it at full throttle it acts like its at zero then if i pull it back a little the starts then stop again. its like i have to keep it moveing to work can anyone help?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flybaby on
BitWit

FSX - Activation warning (only 2 allowed)

Just be aware (I saw some comment from someone saying that their new machine would arrive tomorrow and they would be re-installing FSX) that you can ONLY USE THE PRODUCT KEY TO ACTIVATE THIS TWICE using the Product Key that came in the DVD case. Activatio...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
737FLIER on
fuselage

Low framerates at high altitudes

Hi! This one is driving me crazy. When i fly at lower altitudes and even standing on the ground, i get decent framerates. But as soon as i fly at- lets say 33000 feet, the framerate drops dramatically from about 20 to 6-8 fps. if i´m only looking a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

driving a car in FSX?

I heard someone downloaded a car into FSX and was driving it around the airport. How is that done?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
markhyder

ILS

I allways have probs landing at Heathrow Runway 9L using the ILS. I got 110.30 for Runway 9L at Heathrow. Altitude 2500, Flaps 30, Speed 157 Knts. When I click on approach switch, the 737 goes up and the Altitude goes above 2500 What am I doin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
markhyder on
flyboy X 12284

CRJ View!!!

Hey everyone.... how can i get wing view of the default CRJ like the 737 and A321? plz help thnx...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
futurepilot on
wombat457

A rumour about FSX ...

I dont recall where I heard (or read) it, but I believe that Microsoft, in their infinate wisdom, has placed some kind of protection into FSX that only allows a person to install FSX twice. In other words, once would be when it is first installed and the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

RADIO ALTIMETERS.

Can anyone tell me if there are any radio altimeters fitted to the boeing 737-800. If so how do you activate them. It would be helpful on landing to have the last 1000ft called out. i had a concorde add on in flight sim 2002 and when you were coming in to...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
x pilot on
axflyer

Would this be good?

Would this be a good computer to run FSX? (getting this staright from the magazine) Intel Quad Core Qx6700 2gb geil pc6400 RAM Gigabyte 965dq6 board nvidia 8800gtx sli graphics card with 768M onboard well? thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
axflyer on
captainsimon

Jersey UK ILS Problem?

When flying into Jersey airport UK on the ILS runway the plane touches down about 200 yards shorts of the runway. The approach path seems to be wrong, can anyone else fly ILS into Jersey and tell post if they have the same problem. Cheers Si...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Page 51 of 66