Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

737FLIER

Whst is the highest you have ever flown on FSX???

What is the highest you have gone? I was able to get a little over 400,000 feet above earth and I was outside of the atmosphere....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jellrod on
cthiggin

VoiceBuddy 3.0 will install but locks up in Vista

Had XP - fast processor, 3 gig Ram, 8800GTS - Voice buddy worked fine. Installed Vista (for DirectX 10) (what a mistake) - and VoiceBuddy will install, but as soon as you open it, it freezes up - NOT RESPONDING - Tried in XP Compatability Mode, all to n...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cthiggin on
Karlw

anyone a genuis of computers please help me

Radarman and tailhook and a few othrs gave me some great advice o how to reinstall fsx but I recentley found the proble it wasn't fsuip but rather this ➡ http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928080 I did what it said download the the the item I unzippe...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Karlw on
sniper45

way point

Im flying from coast to coast in a lear 45 and i was just wondering what would be a good general avation airport for a way point?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jellrod on
taylorc

Is it my ram

my computer is running FSX on Windows home edition most of my settings on FSX are at meddium some one said that my computer is good but the ram isnt im willing to pay money to upgrade so will i need to ungrade anythoing else as well as my ram (or tell ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Karlw

Wilco legacy question (Cockpit Door)

How do you open the cockpit door I've seen in the screenshots of the cockpit door open but whenever I click on it nothing happens?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Heyjoojoo

Can I get sound of flaps being extended and landing gear?

When I've been inside the fuselage of a real commercial airliner, whenever the we're preparing to takeoff, I've always heard those flaps being extended or lowered. The sound is usually fairly loud but FSX doesn't include that. And landing gear is usually ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Karlw

Critical help needed

I can't reinstall fsx it was having major problems tabs were missing all the missions deleted a terrible mess then I unistalled it and it was ok now at the end of the instilaton it tells me It can't reinstall due to a problem contact microsoft or somethin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JLangevin on
By in Seattle

A321 Airbus

In the A321 my auto break does not work and where are the HDG, NAV buttons to track a heading, vor or GPS flt. some things seem to be missing here. :cry:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Earlmister on
heliosimmer

Which is your Favourite aircraft ?

Which is your Favourite aircraft ? I fly the Robinson all the time because it is easy to fly, and very responsive. It does not go very fast, but I can fly low to watch the traffic on the highway, or land on a yacht....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
oldsamer

SP1 beta Chops up addons ?!?

A disturbing post (what is this???) in screenshots forum It reconfirms my decision NOT to install any addons until after SP1. And then only select addons advertized as SP1 compatable or that others have installed sucessfully in FSX SP1....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
anonymouse91 on

full screen key?

is there a key that I can press and make a view into a full screen view? I am using multi-screens. It is a hassel to drag the view from the main monitor to the side monitor, and then have to fiddle around with the disappearing cursor to enlarge the fr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

Animal Herds In FSX

Please give me some clues about the animal herds (elephants, zebras, jiraf ete.ete) as seen in the FSX trailer and on the game cover as well where they can be found. I have been trying to find them since I installed the game on my mechine three months ag...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Mavix on
JLangevin

What the heck? Night textures all screwy!

Ok, Im having some issues with my night textures, and it is really frustrating me. When I am in large cities like LA, San Fran, Oakland, Seattle, etc.. I dont get this problem, but when I try to fly in my home area (about 45mi due east of LA) I get the bu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
taylorc

[ Poll ] Huge Multiplayer simulation tonight

im Hosting a Huge Muliplayer game tonight you can fly any plane and we will fly From Edinbugh as It is a nice and easy airport The Game will go online tonight at 7.30 GMT and will be called Scotland Fly around There will be radio communications ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JLangevin on
taylorc

Game Park patrol - Cant find him

im on the africa mission and i cant find the elephand can any1 give me directions from the jeep...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JLangevin on
JLangevin

Multiple monitors..

For those who are running multiple monitors with FSX... are you noticeing a drop in FPS? Im just wondering if the card having to render objects twice is effecting the performace... I dont plan on running more that 2, possible 3, but Im just curious... I d...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Batrakio

Saving Save Game

I have added lots of aircraft to FSX, and the game has been a little "stupid' with unofficial stuff. If I uninstall the game will it save my save game file and logbook? PS:I know were the logbook is, but where is the save game file and what is it?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JLangevin on

Attack 3 broke after 4 months

Logitech Attack 3 is useless. It broke after only 4 months !!!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GUEST on
Michaelvg1

Should the tower be talking to me?

Ok. When I go into flight planner and set up a flight from one airport to another, I end up on the runway ready for take off. Shouldn't someone be talking to me like the tower? Shouldn't someone be telling me where to go and when I get in the air, shou...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Michaelvg1 on
lukemax

B737 atmosphere for FSX?

Hi all Is there a addon that addes plane atmosphere like this for FSX? or closest thing to it? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t76sA8mHDI4 Thx Lukemax...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
effieveda

Touch aand Go

Could someone please advise me as to how to set up a touch and go using the Flight Planner (FSX) with some user defined waypoints. Regards...Art 🙄...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jellrod on
737FLIER

250kts below 10,000 feet?

Is this a real rule in real world commercial air traffic bacause I think I went faster below 10,000 when I flew, and 250 kts is really slow for a large jet....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jellrod on

Graohics/texture

Well i have a 1 gig 256mb radeon ati stealth 9250 gfx card. I have my settings not high, was wondering some good settings for good texture... i just cant seem to figure it out. I am experiencing lag and ill skip when im in the game....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
slicer81 on
BHortonAP13

Virtual Cabins

How do I access the "Virtual Cabin" view in FSX? I've seen cool screenshots of them, but i can't find them in none of my views on any of my aircraft. Is it on any of the default aircraft? Can anyone please help me?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Karlw

How can I delete this aircraft

It says that the sound is being used by someone else so I can't delete the aircraft any ideas?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tiger7881 on
wazsxr

Certificates and Awards

G'day, I'm just wondering how (if at all possible) to reset all of the awards and certificates. Why you may ask? Basically my house mate has gotten very board of playing this game and says he doesn't mind if I play it now on the computer. He has alre...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bigbill35 on
Mavix

Grumman Goose Cockpit

Does anyone know where I can download only the cockpit/Virtual Cockpit for the Grumman Goose G21A? Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Mavix on
Lukemax

Main panel problems

Hi all i have a problem that has just come up with my panel. I have a laptop, + 3 monitors. Now the 3 montiers display the cockpit in virtual cockpit and the laptop i have as my main panel of the aircraft (Without the view) and where the glass is is GP...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Lukemax on
Schpotty

MSX Vista Patch?

Anyone know if there is a patch available yet either from Vista or MSX so that mine won't quit on me all the time? The view from the pilots chair just dissapears and it goes back to the page where you select what game you want to plaly. I must have some m...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
jetman35

My Fsx has the shakes!

Whenever you are flying along and you pan outside of the plane, the plane shutters back and forth and is even worse when you review the landings. Inside the cockpit, it's fine with no shaking. Any suggestions? Jetman...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
b3mmredm

3D Mark 06 Benchmark

What exactly is this thing? I've heard of it and it gives your computer a score of somekind and you can download it. If so, can someone give me the link?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bob-Ski on
Mavix

3D mdl viewer

Is there a program I can download that will allow me to view the 3D mdl files for Flight Simulator X?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
alastair1978

FLIGHT X - Completely Unplayable !!!

I recently purchased Flight Sim X deluxe and its completely unplayable. I have changed all the settings to the suggested ones for my graphics card from Nvidia.com and then even put them at the lowest possible settings but still its runs like a absolute...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
anonymouse91 on

Wierd "Black Boxes"

When I fly some mission big black bowes appear around some things. In Civil Air Patrol Mission it is around the downed plane, and in loopy larry, around the airport. The thing is once you get in the box, it is hollow and you see everything perfectly. A...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
richardgrosser

Saving Views on Multiple Monitors

I have converted an OV-1 Mohawk cockpit into a simulator using FSX. Everything works great. There are two screens; one is a standard SIM screen box with a large Fresnel lens for the outside view and the other is a glass cockpit LCD set into the instrument...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
toast

FSX installation problem

When I install the game after a few mintes it freezes. when I restart if I try again the istall doesnt even begin. so I remove the files from c/program files/microsoft games/fsx. then the install begins, but it freezes after a few min. HELLPPPP!!!! :cry: ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Lukemax

FSX Broke to a crawl

Hi all I have recently installed the tree fix (reduceing texture size for trees) on my PC for FSX however now FSX has ground to a Snails crawl even on the most minimal settings, somethings causeing it to run very bad and very slow, i usally run FSX on ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
sinebar

Hey check out my new Mig-15

Just got this today. It has a canopy jet and ejector seat but I could capture either one though. It also has working machine guns that fire but I couldn't get those to work. I will have to give tech support an email. It is supose to be able to expose ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
VinnyTS3

I get BUILDING CRASH all the time !!!!!

FSX, whenever I go to humberside (egnj), when the game loads up i get the building crash message all the time, even though i am on the runway, even at height, then the game reloads, so i turn off the detect crashes and damage, then the cockpit view dissap...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
oldsamer

Somebody should'a told me!

I play the game with all Flight model sliders to realistic, Aircraft stress causes damage, and Allow collisons with other aircraft. I KNOW the trees have a wide collison volume and I've bumped into some hangers! I've been tiptoeing around the gas pumps...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
scottman on
Karlw

Can you really see visual crash effects in fsx

My computer can't run fsx on a high level and I was just wondering does visual crasheffects really exsist in fsx?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Karlw on
Mavix

Controllable Ship

Does anyone know where I can download a controllable ship for free for FSX?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Ancica

Product key

:cry: I've lost my product key for FSX.Can anybody send me a product key? :cry: If not here then on my e-mail: ana_ticac@yahoo.com...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
flyboy812

does any1 have the product key 4 flight sim x

could some1 help me get the key plz....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bob-Ski on

Why do i never get to land on ILS runways?

I am mastering flying the Boeing 737 800, however when coming to land at any airport with ILS and no ILS runways i am told to goto a non ILS runway to land even though theres an ILS runway straight ahead of me to land. I do use the flight planner, using I...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

Missing graphics

I have bought a new pc mainly to run flight sim x (deluxe) and i have all 3 scenery packs. I can set all settings to maximum with no load time or delays and the graphics are excellent. I have noticed however that a local town (southend) has its main lan...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tiger7881 on

Creating a 737 800 with airstairs for FSX but have problems

I have been adapting a FS2004 boeing 747-800 with animated airstairs to work on FSX. I have managed to get the aircraft to work in FSX with the airstairs. The 3D cockpit works aswell. However my problem is that the aircraft seems to hover over the runw...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jellrod on
Heyjoojoo

Anyone know of any sound enhancement addons? Engine sounds..

Hello.. One thing I noticed is that the sounds inside the cockpit while sound good for a commercial jet that is preparing to take off. However, when I start to increase the throttle, there isn't that characteristic whine up of the engines that you hear...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Drewbob

lights problem

I download sometimes 5 sometimes its 10 aircraft but it all ends up the same way and then lights go all wrong and become little squares of light insted of the real looking lights that come with the game. whats wrong? :x...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Page 47 of 66