General: General Flight Simulation

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Concorde105saccountbroke

Forum's broken when logged in

Hello all, Concorde105 here! Wow, it's been a while... Anyway, several times I've come to try to login to browse the forums, maybe ask a question or two, but for a while I've been repeatedly turned away by one issue that keeps showing up - the forums and ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Concorde105_ on
GLB Flight Products

For those of you going that step further ...

Hi all, For those of you going that extra way and building your flight simulator as a realistic model of the aircraft you love, take time to visit GLB Flight Products at www.geremy.co.uk where we have parts for many aircraft simbuilds including our vis...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ivauir on

Nintendo DS Flight Simulator

Is there a flight sim for the Nintendo DS...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
WingMan007

Help landing a 747

Okay, so i've done a few of the lessons in FS2004, and can successfully takeoff and land a Cessna. I'm getting closer with the 747 but here's the main problem I always have. Whenever I start to bring the plane down where the wheels touch the runway, I...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dct2 on
Karlw

is it true?

The e-mail regarding the free product by linking to the Fly Away website? It's to good to be true! 😳 If it is legit, what are the circumstances, in terms of websites? Must we have our own website or can we link threw a social network such a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
darrenvox on
JakesF14

FS World

Hi there, We are starting a Flight simulator Community for South Africa. To Celebrate the birth, we will host a competition on our forums. Payware Scenery is to be won! We can only host the Competition if we have sufficient members, so if you want to jo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JakesF14 on
7ECA-Captain

Avitar photo ...

Hi all, how does one load a photo in the avitar. I'm sure there's an easy way, but I don't recall it. Soory if this has been addressed numerous times in other posts, but I couldn't find any reference....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
thevoice692001

Boeing 787 Dreamliner Takeoff and Landing LIVE

Being part of the Worldwide Civilian Design Team, from the concept of the aircraft I must say watching it take off live and land a couple of hours later was FANTASTIC Being disabled I had all kinds of input for the builders but didnt know if I Would live...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jianqing on
acepilot32

a380 greatest passenger plane or a deathtrap?

hi, im acepilot32 and i was thinkin for a long time "what if the airbus380 was to crash?" well this what i thought would happen, the airbus380`s cost was set at about 3bill right?well if it crashed the aircraft would kill up to 600to 790 passengers and th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jianqing on
jedipie

White Screen

I downloaded a couple planes from here for FSX and when I fly them the screen just goes white the whole time. any help and suggestion appreciated 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Thunderbirdman2

Nice Sim Tool For all Sims

Cheap too. Updated version adding more tools coming soon with no aditional charge. This program is for the serious simmers. Uses real life calculations. A functional E6B will also be added in the next update. If you have any ideas for other stuff to inc...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Thunderbirdman2 on
RadarMan

AVSIM File Library Back!

AVSIM File Library Back! Posted: Sunday, July 26, 2009 - 19:44 After over two months of hard work by our volunteers, we are pleased to announce that the file library is back online and providing downloads for the community. We are going to keep the ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
belgeode on
Kavehpd

Unauthorised content

Hi, I've sent two emails, one via the web form last night and another directly to Webmaster@flyawaysimulation. But I doubt if any of them is going to reach the right person. I'd like the moderating team to remove two of my files from the library as ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
ginns

Upload Gallery

I have to say that I love your Gallery. I've been wanting to provide something like that for Lynx Airways for years. If it's allowed, can you tell me the application you use to allow Flight Simmers to upload pictures to your Gallery? Also, you guys...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
UK-1133 on
7ECA-Captain

Unsubscribe...

How does one unsubscribe and close ones account?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
acepilot32

have you noticed

has any one else notice that on the members list there alot of people that havent even posted yet anyone know about this....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
CaptDennison

Very interesting 72 seconds

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d2e_1229049414...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on
7ECA-Captain

Changes...

Hi, this has probably been covered before, but how do I change the avitar picture? I can't see any option to download on on my home page. Jsut a bunch of the stock crappy ones....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Traches on
willomena

i want to close my account help me

can someone tell me how i close my account i pay by credit card...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
varnam

download of fgsetup-0.9.10.exe failing

Hi everyone. I am new to Fly Away. I am trying to download fgsetup-0.9.10.exe and it sticks at 22% then just goes away. I am using Windows XP pro. I have tried this on 2 different systems with the same results. I have tried both Save and Run. Other dow...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Tailhook

So much for 'cleaning up' the Screenshot Gallery

...just look at this disgrace - dated June 24 '07 : ➡ https://flyawaysimulation.com/images/10/microsoft-flight-simulator-2004/ Wasn't there talk last year that anonymous posting had been put a stop to?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Westernstyle on
Traches

Can we tone down the ads a bit?

I understand, you've gotta have banner ads to pay for bandwidth and domain names and such. But maybe get rid of the obnoxiously distracting ones that flash 6 different colors, tell me i'm a winner, and threaten to give me an epileptic seizure? I can't ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
belgeode on
kin3

Free Stuff - PayWare

I have a Train Sim background. I notice that most or a lot of add-ons are payware. Some of the best stuff from the trains people were free or just a few dollars, ex $8.00 - $12.00. And in FSX it seem that most things are payware and cost from $25.00 and u...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Westernstyle on
acemace

Canceled Account

My 62 yr old dad loves flight simulator, and as a small gift I've been paying for this sites registration since sept of last year. He has FS X and required my computer knowledge to help install some of the neat things he saw on the site, well this ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
acepilot32 on
bishbish

Cancelling

Hello, Please could you tell me how to cancel my membership as I have tried to email you and you have not replied, I emailed you also through clickbank and you again did not reply, if you do not cancel my membership I will report you to the appropriate a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
totallyfrozen on
Warliss

ORBITER Free Flight Simulator Audio Problem

I just downloaded the Orbiter free flight simulator. What little I've seen is awesome, but there is no audio. No sound. Zilch. Nada. Is that a Windows Vista problem? Any fix for it?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
warlord40 on
cheezyflier

emergency landing

emergency landing caught on tape: http://www.veoh.com/videos/v2895287BbAJP2kc...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
W5PDA on

Membership Concerns

To create a account your get this "Only $5 for monthly membership" That says to me that every month you are billed $5 for a total of $60 bucks for the years membership recurring. Down the bottom of the create account page is "Register Now! It...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
W5PDA on
acepilot32

hey read this flyaway and radar man

ok flyaway your a site administrator and your very nice but you have to step it up a notch improve the site like having a censoring system because its very bad to have people swearing at each other you dont see it alot but i have seen about a thousand bad...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Concorde105 on
Kritz911

My Account... im angry

Well for some reason i got an email saying that my account has succesfully been created and thank you for your payment! wtf?! I didnt pay anything!! I didnt click any link i dont even have a paypal!! So what the heck is going on here? Please reply I d...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
KevinTsai

I just joined VATSIM. Now I have some questions.

I just joined VATSIM and I felt nervous about flying online for the very first time. I have some questions for you to answer if you guys can. 1. I know that you could communicate with ATC by IM and microphone but is there any software that is required...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CaptDennison on
bluemini

What is the PROPER WAY to install downloaded aircraft?

I usually just put them in the aircraft file of the game, but somethime, some of the planes don't show up. Can I Get proper instructions (from Flyawaysimulation preferably) on how to. Starting from download to finish?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cheezyflier on
jamielong91

How do i submit a news article?

Hello, Could someone tell me how i submit a news article on the flyaway website?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
warlord40 on
FlightSimX

Flight Simulator Web Ring

Hi, I've created a new Flight Simulator Web Ring. If anyone has a flight simulator site they'd like to add to the ring, please visit http://www.ringsworld.com/flightsimx/join.html Thanks, Mark Avey FlightSimX (http://www.flightsimx.co.uk)...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FlightSimX on
KevinTsai

Full Power?

Just wondering, in real life and in the flightsimulator, can you use full power all the time during takeoff, climb, and cruise, or do you use partial power during these stages? If so, why?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
belgeode on
CrashGordon

Can anyone say "bogus"?

I have been looking at the so-called 79000+ members and came across something interesting. The member numbers in large blocks, have member names in alphabetical order. Since there is no logical reason to sort each day's "members" alphabetically, I am...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
scorpio9gm on
Doyley

Airfield Incidents

Does anybody know if there is an online log of incidents that happen with aircraft? I live on the ILS approach path to EGGP and I saw a a/c lower than usual and what looked like smoke coming out of one of the port side engines. I see planes everyday fly...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Doyley on

Any free military aircraft?

I was looking at the jets and I tried to download an F-14 which I have been yerning to fly since I got flight sim and I noticed I have to pay $5 to do so. Well I'm not going to pay $5 for a one month membership for 1 plane so I was wondering is there ANY ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bawls327 on
Westosha Flying

BRAND NEW SERVER!! LOOKING FOR SKILLED PILOTS AND ATC!!

Here at Westosha Flight Sim we like to keep things realistic and simple. Come join us for a flight and check us out. We are open for free flight and ATC services. Please enable automatic weather updating. You must sign on with a realistic call sign. This ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Martin Hunter

THE flightsim forum to post GA and prop pics in?

Hi gang, I'm already a member of a few fora and wonder which would be the premiere one for posting plenty (and I do mean PLENTY) of prop pics in. I want a forum where the number of pics in a thread is not limited nor restricted to the first post only. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Charlie10 on
Seb25

Username

How can i retrive my own username ? E-mail: sebastien.chenier@gmail.com...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Charlie10 on

Advice on becoming a pilot

I found a flight school near me http://www.windsorflyingclub.com/ . Now I just wanted to know if it was a good deal or not. It's hard (very hard) convincing my parents to let me go, one big reason is because it's so expensive. Are there any alternat...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Charlie10 on
Dumanicus

Whats your favouite aircraft??

My favourite aircraft would have to be the beechcraft and the piper seneca. Because of its desgin and the looks of it. I prefure twin egined aircraft....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Charlie10 on
tiger7881

GeForce 8800 GTX

Hey ppl, can someone please show me a screenshot in FS2004 or FSX using the 8800 video card, I would love to see the performance of it 😉 thanks in advance....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tiger7881 on
Pilot/Flyer

I find flying VERY ADDICTIVE!

Ive had a trial flight and now i cant ge enough of it. I just gota get back up there! Thats why im so eager to start my training!!!!!!!! Its very addictive!! I just want to get back in that aircraft and fly it again!! At the momment i cant afford it but s...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
teenflon5 on
Karlw

Submitted screenshot, approval process?

I just submitted a screenshot does it have to be looked at first before being put on the site?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Galban

New User account no login after > 30 Hours?!?

I have had created an account on your portal about 30 hours ago and its paid with paypal. I used "Galban" as my Nickname (so you may able to find out what my eMail adress is) How long does it normaly last until I receive a mail with a confirmation link? ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
SgtRanger175

Account Activation Email ????

I paid for an account the other day and have yet to recieve an account activation email. I wanted to email an admin but I failed to find a email for that. So if you see this please see to this issue. The email I used for payment was wrench_si@comcas...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SgtRanger175 on
JRLupton

Flight Sim Training School CANADA

Can I get everyone's Honest opinion? Has the idea of developing a flight sim training school ever come up? For instance, a centre where virtual pilots can come and learn to maximize their experience using Microsoft's flight sim? Instructors would...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cheezyflier on
sergi512

For admins and moderators of this forum and whole website

Guys, by accident i sent you 10$ instead of 5, can you please return me those 5 dollars or make a "pre pay" for the next month?!?!?!?!?!?!?!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jamie4590 on

9 pages with 434 questions.

previous123456789next
Page 7 of 9