Microsoft Flight Simulator: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Wil van de Votstenbosch

Troubleshooting Resetting Settings in Microsoft Flight Simulator

Every time I start the sim all the settings of the former flight are gone and back to default. I spent many hours to solve this without success. Please help. (I am happy with P3D which is stable)....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
JIm French

Integrating MSFS 2020 with VATSIM and IVAO Networks: Compatibility and Setup Guide

Can you use MSFS 2020 on VATSIM or IVAO?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Dan Carey

Running Microsoft Flight Simulator on a Mac: Feasibility and Methods

I have a new (2022) MacPower Book, a large screen.  is there a version of this ported out for mac?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Rudolf Schulz

Troubleshooting A310-300 Cockpit Activation Issues in MSFS 2020

I have a problem with the default A310-300.  So far I was able to activate the cockpit with the following settings on the tablet: Ready for Takeoff Set As Default Activate The cockpit was then activated and I was able to make all the settings, e....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Robert Moore

Airbus A320 in MSFS 2020: Seeking Advanced Upgrades

Since the introduction of MSFS, I have been flying GA twin and enjoying the superb scenery. Now I would like to return to Airbus A320. I haven't followed all the adverts but I would like to see an improvement on the default A320 - any suggestions on where...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on

Resolving Floating Building Outlines and Missing Scenery in MSFS

When I click on "Ready to Fly" the aircraft is flying in a world without proper ground scenery, everything is blue and green and outlines of buildings appear to be floating in the air.  If I restart it returns to normal....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Ricore

Troubleshooting A320nx Engine Start Issues in MSFS 2020

Hello everyone! Happy New Year! For some weeks in MSFS 2020, A320nx Engines don´t start!  PLEASE HELP ME!!! Best Regars Ricardo Nunes...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Miriam Nazrala

What Exactly is Microsoft Flight Simulator?

So I've been reading a lot about flight simulators and the most recent release "Microsoft Flight Simulator" - but what exactly is this?  Can you give me a full information guide about what this is and about flight simulators in general?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Jonathan Price

Is it Possible to Obtain Microsoft Flight Simulator for Free?

So I am running on a very tight budget.  I am a previous FSX (disc) user and would love to upgrade to the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator now I have purchased a brand-new powerful machine capable of running it. However, my conundrum is I have ZERO b...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Nicholas Robinson

How to get more planes in MSFS? Expanding My Fleet...

So I've installed the 40th Anniversary Edtion of Microsoft Flight Simulator and while the default plane selection is good, I was wondering if there are any ways to add more planes/aircraft into the simulator? I am researching and discovered that the fr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Jonathan Martin

Where are the aircraft carriers? Are there Any in Default Install?

So I want to start from an aircraft carrier in the Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020 release.  I read elsewhere some default-installed aircraft carriers can be used to take off and land on in - is this true?  If so, how can I use (find) them? Ot...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Piperj3

Compatibility of Third-Party Aircraft Models with MSFS 40th Anniversary Edition

Gentlemen, I'm considering upgrading my MSFSX software to the new 40th-anniversary edition.  Can I download my aircraft models from my third-party suppliers into the new 40th-anniversary addition?  I have a nice collection and I really want to use th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
jameslenzini

Identifying the Correct Community Folder for MSFS 2020 Add-On Installations

Trying to install new airplanes, etc. I found it here. Says extract to community folder but an explorer search shows like 20 folders starting with the word community all under the Microsoft flight simulator sub folder. Using the PC but I have lots of Xbox...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
hugomaki

Troubleshooting A320 Neo Autothrust Activation Issues in MSFS

Hello, My A/THR in A320 Neo does not arm before take-off. It activates only when the engine power is at 100% and when I reach the cruise speed of the autopilot it deactivates. Any idea? Thank You.  ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
sterk03

Optimizing MSFS 2020 Installation: SSD or HDD, What's Best?

I currently fly FSX and FS9 but reading so many articles on MSFS it seems divided. As many love it hate it from the reviews...spending all the time downloading the MSFS? So could I get some honest reviews of how the MSFS is really working I see Steam has ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on

Retaining Flight Plans in MSFS 2020 After Reloading a Saved Session

SAVING A FLIGHT IN FS 2020, WHEN YOU RELOAD THE FLIGHT, THE FLIGHT PLAN GENERATED AT THE BEGINNING DISAPPEARS. IS THERE A SYSTEM TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM? THANK YOU...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
John Beck

Resolving MSFS2020 Installation Error: Feature Transfer and Data Error CRC Issues

Please help me. I have tried to reinstall but after 13 seconds of running disk 1, I get the message: "feature transfer error. Default feature G:\data2.cab. Error: data error (cyclic redundancy check)". I have changed the program from my C:\ drive to my D:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
peterb062

Troubleshooting MSFS Full Screen Issue on Windows 11

I was running a World scenery update on MSFS 2020. It was a 3 Gb download so I decided to leave it and go do something else.  I turned off the monitor, not realizing my machine was set to minimize open windows to the taskbar when the monitor was turned o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
peterb062 on
raphael thys

Mastering Pre-Flight Preparation in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Hello, I've been looking for a few weeks on how to prepare a plane at an airport before takeoff. He puts it directly on the takeoff runway. I don't know how to solve this problem, could you help me?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Dempsey

Rectifying Elevation Anomalies at Local Airfields

Many of my local airfields are either up on a plinth or down in a trench - how do I fix this?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
John Klee

Resolving Navigation Aid Disappearance in Mid-Flight Save Scenarios in MSFS 2020

How do I get my navigation aid back when I reload a flight that I saved, mid-flight, earlier?  When I load the flight, the VOR "guiding line" no longer appears within the compass "rose."  I tried switching from "FMS" to "Loc!' and "Loc2" with no success...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Nigel Ball

How Do I Play Multiplayer? A Few Questions.

Being relatively new to the immersive world of PC flight simulation, I recently got myself a copy of Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020. Honestly, I'm quite fascinated by its realistic graphics and vast expanse of flyable regions. But there's one thin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Crapulous on
francois2020

microsoft flight simulator 2020 activation key ?

microsoft flight simulator 2020 activation key ?  ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Peter Walsh on
sterk03

Guidance on Correctly Installing Addon Scenery in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

I know there is a how-to section somewhere and I can't find it. I tried to do a search but came up empty. My question is I have trouble with Addon Scenery working.  Sometimes it works when I enter it and sometimes it doesn't. The download instructions ju...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
William scherpenberg

Exploring Add-On Availability for MSFS 2024 Anniversary Editio

Are add-ons available for MSFS 2024 and or anniversary addition?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Dave768

Enhancing Xbox Flight Sim Experience with iPad for Additional Gauges

Hi all just a quick question if I may. Can I use an iPad with Flight Sim on the Xbox for extra gauges when flying and if so any advice please?  Thanks in advance. Dave ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Fritz0114

Navigating to Hurricane Bill in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Without Active Sky

How do I find Hurricane Bill without active sky??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
scorpio48

Can I reset my Flight Log ???

Hi During the installation and setup of FS2020, I had several problems, including computer crashes, instability issues Etc. These are now fixed but my flight log is dismal, with about 29 take-offs, and 9 landings. Is it possible to reset the flight log...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fabiano Chamone on
Msfsplayer2020

Error: 0x8000003

Hello simmers! I have a question! What does this error mean? (0x80000006) (0x00007FF6144CA010) How can I fix it? Please help and thank you! MSFSPLAYER2020...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rameke Whitley on
Stuart Ord

Can I upgrade an FSX model to FS2020?

I've got both FSX and FS2020 on my computer. My favourite aircraft for FSX is the Corby Starlet which I downloaded from here. I owned the red/white/blue aircraft (G-CCXO) before having to give up full-size flying. I'd love to move it onto FS2020 as the sc...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
BARNEYSIM

Troubleshooting Low ATC Audio Levels Post-Upgrade in MSFS 2020

Last upgrade barely hear ATC my volume full open still no increase but increses background  ANY SUGGESTIONS to get ATC where i can hear ?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Bryce66 444444444r

I have tried repeatedly to cancel

Please cancel my account. No more billing paypal just go away...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Saif.U

Is fly away simulation monitoring my computer?

See I started downloading an aircraft of flyawaysimulation.com without a pro account. My brother wanted to download another aircraft at the same time so I switched browsers and tried to download the other file but it came up with a message saying "Too man...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Rogeld

Troubleshooting Scenery Download Failures in Microsoft Flight Simulator

Every time I try to do a download for scenery it fails. Already cost me 60 bucks and all failed. Yes, I am a member....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
darkhoyan

IDM Download manager

Downloaded IDM. When i right click on DOWNLOAD NOW. IDM download only the whole page.html  not the .zip file. any idea  I am a Pro Member...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Montgomery Bonner

Initial Impressions & Tweaks After Installing FS2020 P=D Edition: A Comparative Overview

After downloading it for 18 hours, I got it installed and working.  I had to tweak the Logitech 3D Pro Joystick so the buttons worked like FSX so my learning curve is lower.  I have not figured out the camera yet, work in progress. The scenery is excel...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Duke_sc

Improving Accuracy of Scottish Landmarks in MSFS 2020: Upcoming Scenery Updates?

Hi folks, Is anyone out there working on Scottish scenery?  Had a wee flight up Stirling Way yesterday and found that Stirling Castle had been turned into luxury flats by fs2020.  Also the Wallace monument was a tower block!  There are other things mi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
hunterjet

Troubleshooting MSFS Post-Japan 1.9.3 Update: Stuck on Loading Screen with Mountain View

I downloaded Japan 1.9.3 yesterday and all was fine.  Today after hitting any key all I see is a mountain and in the lower right of the screen, it's spooling and that is as far as it will go. MSFS will not start   Any help, please.  Being driven mad ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
hunterjet

Troubleshooting Post-Japan Update Start-up Issues in MSFS 2020

Has anyone had problems starting MSFS 2020 since the Japan update If so can you offer help, please?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
gdparks

Performance Decline in Microsoft Flight Simulator Post-Mod Installation: Seeking Optimization Tips

I was getting to the point that FS would come up in Task Manager showing it was not responding for several minutes. This seemed to have started after installing the Melbourne HD download. But the whole Sim had been getting slower and slower to load. I del...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
scorpio48

Troubleshooting MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Performance and Stability Issues

I have the Premium Deluxe version and it's a complete waste of money. My computer has the full recommended requirements Some higher (IE: 24GB of RAM), and high, fiber-optic broadband, but the program still crashes. Most of the aircraft are totally unsta...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
evangel76

Seeking Developers to Collaborate on a Fouga Magister Model for MSFS 2020 - Resources Provided

I own one Fouga magister, and a buddy of mine has a few, we can provide sounds and pictures for texturing, and all the specs to whoever is interested in working on it. Tried to convert the FSX version, but they all failed to be converted easily.  Y...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Neil358

Xbox Series X and PC Software Licence Transfer

I have MSFS 2020 installed on my newly purchased Xbox (some 6 months ago) - Can I install the same or similar version (using the same software/license agreement/code? etc) to allow me to use it on my Laptop (as I don't want to buy another license, as I wi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
DACDAC

How to Update PMDG 737 for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020?

Hi, it is my first time here. I hope everybody can help. How can I make an update for the PMDG 737 for MSFS 2020?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Buddyslick

Post-Update Issues: Non-Responsive Autopilot, Avionics Screens, and Landing Gear

Just got the new update. Had no problems downloading or installing it. Now..... everything is messed up. Can't use autopilot buttons on the dash with the mouse or with the bravo throttle. Avanioc screens are blank like no power. Can't bring up landing gea...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
UpgradeTVgamingYT

Microsoft Flight Simulator UI & Free Play Issues: Airports & Plane Selection Unresponsive

My game was working for one day but when I started the game the UI would not show not in settings or manager the marketing place was gray the trainer was gray and when I went to the free play it would not load in the airports get a plane is not working so...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
SgtDave

Selected livery tail number being ignord in X-Plane 12

I'm flying an Aerobask-LegacyRG which comes with several different liveries, each having a unique tailnumber. The default seems to be orange trip with tailnumber N335AJ; I like the blue trim with TN N8448J. No matter what I've tried, ATC, LittleNavMap, et...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SgtDave on
Joseph.Guida

clean flight

when I turn left, aircraft goes right...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Joe Guida on
scorpio48

Question: FMC usage instructions in MSFS 2020?

Most of the Airliners in MSFS 2020 (I haven't checked them all) are equipped with FMCs. I used these extensively in FSX, but the layout (Input/Output) is different in 2020. Not even sure if they work as they should, can't even find the Managed/Manua...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
David Richardson on
MUGGINS39

Steps for Installing FSUIPC7 for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Can someone help me install this software? Thanks, Jerry...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on

7 pages with 308 questions.

previous1234567next
Page 2 of 7