Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 Scenery

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

sylvan

Easy AI

I'm trying to use Easy AI by Garrett Hardesty which I downloaded from Avsim I think but I'm having trouble with it. :hack: It says the program is "a simple way to add simple flight plans to Flight Sim 2004".. but not for anyone called Sylvan. The h...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sylvan on
tomthetank

Its all Greek to me

Ah, hello GreekmanI thought that might grab your attention 😂 Now Im having a spot of bother with LGAV new Athens - Eleftherios Venizelos Intl ➡ http://avsim.com/greece/scenery/index_main.htm The scenery shows up just fine and al...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
sonicninja

Looking for the Falkland & Acension Islands

Hi, im looking some scenery of the Falkland & Acension Islands, ive tried the ones available on Avsim but there seems to be quite a few bugs with it, if anyone knows and is using some some good scenery of these south atlantic scenerys freeware or payware ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Mithheru

Looking for Sea-Tac airport scenery

I know I had seen a flie available somewhere for Sea-Tac airport with new textures and all. Problem is I can't remember where I found it at. Can anyone help out with this?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Mithheru on
ceetee

Best Default Scenery-> You have gotta take this flight!

Hello Fellow Flight Simmers, Quite recently I have been taking lots of flights around Norway, in search of the famous Northern Lights during nightime (see thread here https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/10231/northen-lights/ but when I change...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Corgi on
Micah

land only or land and water??

Hi Guys, Something i have never really understood. In the graphics settings for flight sim, you can either have land only and then set water details to low or high, or you can simply select land and water which then disables the ability to set the w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SeanGa on
Chris 14569

Ground Scenery

Recently I upgraded my OS to windows XP, everything works well with FS2004 except the ground texture is blank. There apears to be a problem with disk 4. Is it possible for Microsoft to replace this disk?, if not how can I resolve this problem. I can"t und...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Raw D on
mattyomg1123

london gatwick

ya u are right it isnt in london i come from orpington in kent and gatwick is allso my local airport 24 m away at its allways bizzy iv been looking for some free where but i cant find any about time someone made 1 !!!! lol...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Micah on
sonicninja

ships, Submarines etc

Hi, ive just spent the best part of my afternoon flying a P3 Orion from RNAS Culdrose (EGDR) in Cornwall around the english channel and the only shipping i found was the shipping i have added ie:- HMS Hermes, HMS Ocean, USS Enterprise. The rest of...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Tartanaviation

Textures - Ground, Water, Weather

I like many people use the default textures for my FS2004. I have looked about for lots of different alternatives ie different water textures but i can not seem to find the right sort of files, good ones at that which would enhance my fs. I already use Eu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ranald on
mickjason

KORD Scenrey

Is there a shareware scenery out there for KORD? Thanks, Jason M....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Saffyduck

Chart for England withCities/Towns Wanted & Chicksands I

I use A century of flight along with the Scenery discs for England and Wales. Waiting to get Scotland and Ireland. I would like to know if I can get some sort of chart that I can use in game that displays towns and cities and perhaps interesing places to ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
SamIntel

Bad Ground Textures

Around KHLN (Helena, MT) in winter it looks terrible. It looks like Helena in the summer, if it was a desert. Even the mountains are lacking snow. 😞 Is there anything I can do to make it look more wintery like in realy life?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SamIntel on
Tailhook

rambunctious

How can you forget a name like that?? Earls Court - Aussies - Rambunctious. Sorry, don't mean anything, just my way of word association. Australia looks pretty bleak in FS... this might slap some paint on your huge island. Haven't tried it - only just...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ceetee on
fahadshk

How to Install Add-On Scenery (I am Tired)

Hello Friends, I have tried to add add-on scenery about 100 times but could'nt add it. I have done the following things: No.1 Download the Gatwick Scenery File No.2 Unzip in temporary folder No.3 Copy and paste the Scenery Folder to Microsoft ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
SamIntel

The Rockies 38.2m Terrain

I was thinking of getting this, but I'm not sure about these people that are selling it, has anyone ever bought anything from them? http://www.fsgenesis.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=RKDEM38&Category_Code=38DEM Thanks, Sam...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
sonicninja

Airfields Scenery for Micah

At the request of Micah, heres the link to the RAF Scenerys you asked for:- Although most are in development, some have been released, these guys really are amazing at scenery design, just look at thier work:- RAF CRANWELL RAF LEEMING RAF YORK...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ceetee on
sonicninja

AFCAD BGLs

Do the AFCAD BGL files downloaded from Addon Scenerys go into the addon scenery/scenery folder? 😕...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sonicninja on
ceetee

What the.........? The moon feel out the sky!

I was flying at nightime in Alaska searching for the northern lights and I saw the Moon in an odd position to my right low to the ground. I switched to daytime to get a better view and took this screenshot: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b235/444000...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
HardLanding

MegaScenery

I've recently installed MegaScenery New York. I like it, and I think it was fairly good value, as the "deluxe" package comes with NY sectional and VFR terminal area charts, a decent VFR tutorial, and an instrument approach chart book. The view is so much ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
HardLanding on
sonicninja

FS2002 Scenery addons into FS9

Ive seen quite a few scenery addons I would like but they are listed for FS2002, will they still work ok in FS9?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sonicninja on
JVD

Flightsofts new scenery [some large pics not for 56k].

Flightsoft seem to be releasing some new kickass scenery soon. Here are some pics and titles I got from their site check it out: Fly to: R o m e V e n i c e M i l a n F l o r e n c e P i s a T u r i n T r i e s t e G e n o a N a p l e s C ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ceetee on
ceetee

Angel Falls

I just finished watching a documentry on Venuzela, and the presenter visted "Angel Falls" the highest water fall in the world at 900m high (nearly 1km into the air) which was discovered by Mr. Angel, a pilot who crash landed there. I'm just wondering ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
captain4004

Charleston SC senery

Hi Everybody: I am looking for new senery or any package that would have the new Arther Ravenal bridge Charleston, SC in it. So does anyone know where I can find or buy it? Thanks in advance. 😉...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
cheekytrollyGuest

Definitely the best scenery addon EVER

I just installed the "FlightCorse BasePack" and only word springing to mind right now is OMFGWOWAMAZINGAWSOMEILOVEIT!!! I can't believe no one has mentioned this package before; it’s too good to be true! The 260mb package (which took me 14 hours t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
clayloch11 on
Micah

roads and lakes for britain and europe.

Hi guys, i recently bought this addon thinking how fantastic it would be, but it hardly seems to have made any difference. Does anyone have it and if so what do you think and what settings do you have your flight sim on to get the best effects? A...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
sonicninja

Scottish Scenery

Im looking for some scottish scenery addons, so far ive purchased RAF Kinloss, Lossiemouth & Leuchars from www.rafairfields.com and they are great but the surrounding areas are still standard FS2004 and dont really resemble my area (morayshire/inverness)....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sonicninja on
Liono

New payware I bought last night

Just after take-off I saw this Another View Coming into land at Inverness RWY06 Nearly a perfect landing Unloading Pax & Cargo Everything is payware apart from the A320. products used as following: Active Sky VE FS Terrian FS Scen...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Liono on
HardLanding

Scenery vs. terrain

I've ordered MegaScenery's New York package, and am looking forward to its arrival sometime in the next couple of days. But I have to admit, I'm not clear what the difference is between scenery addons, like the one I've purchased, and, say, FS Global 2005...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
HardLanding on
cheekytrolly

VFR scenery clashing with VFR terrain

I have both addon VFR photoreal scenery for England, Corsica and New Zealand. I also have VFR payware satelitte accurate terrain mesh for the above three countrys. My scenery appears fantastic in flat areas, but as soon as I go up into hills and mount...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cheva on
mrodgers

Scenery, mesh, terrain question

Hello everyone. I am relatively new to the FS scene (pun not intended for this question :-) ). I was wondering what the difference is in scenery, mesh, and terrain. Well, I think I know what scenery is, that would be the 3d stuff at airports and such, ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheva on
HardLanding

Anyone using MegaScenery USA New York Vol 2?

Is anyone using MegaScenery USA New York Vol 2? (This is the New York environs set, not NYC.) It appears to be pretty good and I'm thiiiiiiis close to ordering a copy. Then I thought, what the heck, see if anyone here has used it and has an opinion. HL...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
HardLanding on
Chris102

Silver Wings

Well, I d/loaded "Sliver Wings" by Bill Lyons, but I don't like it 😂 If you haven't realized yet, I'm not one for backing up files.... Is there a good freeware ground scenery out there that would replace these textures?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Chris102 on
JFly

.cfg edits

I'm currently pretty new to AI helicopters. In playing around with them I have an Augusta A109 that fly's nice. The issue I am having with it is it sits 2 feet off the actual groud, the doors never close, and the gear never retracts. Is there anywa...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sylvan on
DanM

[ Poll ] Horses

After a complaint from my sister that there are no horses in MS2004, I searched for horses in the scenery and only got a couple of planes with horse in the description. There are some areas of the world where there are wild horses, anyone got an idea f...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
crosscheck9 on
gazpode_l

fs global

I have found the aforementioned product is available to purchase here in the uk through HMV's ordering service. Has anyone got any ideas on wheather the software is any good? the screen shots certainly look the part 😉...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
anon on
trwing87

Scenery - Image Overlay

Due to the recent advancements in the satellite imagery it would be beneficial to team with a business that deals with this imagery. With high speed internet connections prevalent the data could easily be streamed to computer with an option of ordering DV...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
trwing87 on
gazpode_l

enhanced scenery to buy in the shops

can anybody tell me of any descent software I can get in the shops here in the uk to upgrade the existing crappy default scenery for fs2004. I have looked at fsterrain which I have on order from HMV but they are still saying "it's showing on screen as ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
gazpode_l on
KenTel

Google Earth, or is it Earth Google?

Hi All Just found that Google Earth can be used with fs2004, has anyone tried it yet? If so, do you think it's useful, or what? I've played around with GE, and find it very interesting, and can imagine, that if it works well with fs2004, that it ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
KenTel on
NeoMorph

blury

hi i have posted this before but am still having no joy.. i have the vfr photo addon for fs9 all the cds so it covers hole of uk when i take off the picture is perfect and really clear but after a few mins the picture goes all blury and blocks of col...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
NeoMorph on
sonicninja

Inverness Airport

Does anyone know of any freeware scenery for Inverness Airport?? many thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sonicninja on
sonicninja

Static Aircraft Scenery Advice

Ive recently undertaken a huge personal AI project, so far ive downloaded the majority of the RAF bases (freeware) in the UK along with RAF AI aircraft. Using Simple AI i have created many flightplans for these aircraft and so far so good they take off, ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
HardLanding

Scenery install

Would appreciate anyone pointing me to the install procedure for add-on scenery, such as the zip files located in the download section. TIA, HardLanding...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Chris102

Trees

Would anyone know where I can download some new textures for the trees in FS9?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Chris102 on
Chris102

Bill Lyons' "Golden Wings"

I tried d/loading "Golden Wings" from Wind Drifters and Golden Wings website, but the main Golden Wings file is corrupt. Would someone know where I can d/load a good file?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
SteveT

Gatwick Scenery

Anyone know any decent Gatwick Airport Scenery - freeware...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
SteveT

RWY12 Object Placer

Hello all. As you may know there is a program that allows you to create scenery where ever you want in FS2004 called RWY12 Object Placer. It is freeware and you can find it at avsim.com by typing in the file library, RWY12 Object Placer. You will find ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
davec on
PanAmerican

I need some runway textures

I saw some runway textures that will make my taxiways and runways look more realistic, but I can't remember where I saw it. Can you help?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ranald on
PanAmerican

Need some airport textures.

Ok, now I know that I am really getting into FS2004. Having said that, I need some airport textures for, KLAS (McCarron INTL, Las Vegas, Nevada), and, KBOI ( Boise, Idaho)....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Rob P

UK Scenery?

Anyone recommend a good UK scenery add-on? Most I have seen are split into areas so to have the entire UK would seriously damage my wallet! Is there an add-on which covers the entire UK in one go?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on

15 pages with 712 questions.

previous123456789101112131415next
Page 10 of 15