Other forums: Off Topic

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

crosscheck9

My Trip

Well ladies and Gents, tommorow, at 4:00pm Central (US) I shall begin my 24+ hour return trip home. I'm hoping I have enough energy when I get back, to give you a detailed report on the flights, while they're still fresh in my mind. The route is as foll...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jamie4590 on
crosscheck9

Bet you didn't know . . .

Here are some random, but interesting facts. I've questioned some of them, but anyways, hope you enjoy .. (GM, take a look at the 3rd one...Care to prove them wrong 😂 , hehe, j/k 😉 ) http://www.websitement-tm.com/Darwin/Content/s...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hinch on
Faucett

lightning = bad

Hello all! I haven't been around for a few days here, and its taken me about three hours to get caught up on everything. Glad to see the spam-storm is dissipating. The reason for my absence was that the radio station where I work was absolutely toast...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Faucett on
cheechm

If ya get bored. . . .

Sure you won't be bored of Flight Simming but for when you just don't have time: GAME Nick 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
atreyu

Pictures from sky harbor - August 26, 2006

Hey everyone i went out and took some more pictures at PHX and here they are tell me what you think, if you want 😉 i have the pictures on flickr so click the link but then if you have dial up click at the top and click on a smaller size of the p...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Liono

Mobile phones allowed on Ryanair

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/5298332.stm...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
Faucett

treadmill dance

Some of you have probably seen this video by the band "OK GO" I freaking love it! Great song too! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92IWqopETfI 😎...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Thunderbirdman2

Some Questions

Well im making a flying club thats called Midwest Taildraggers where on ocasion we all meet up at an airport and fly somwhere about 45 min to an hour away. I recamend a Citabria or scout or decathalon somthing in the speed range of those planes. Also I w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
Jamie4590

PCA (Propulsion Controled Flight)

This is a technique NASA have been developing since the missile attack on the cargo plane over Baghdad. On that occasion the crew somehow landed the plane using just the engine output. Turns, climbs, descent and a miraculously comfortable landing all just...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
Liono

Anyone remember FLAT ERIC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv6Ewqx3PMs<<TUNE!!!!!!!!!!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Faucett on
cheechm

Fly Away Simulation

The #1 Flight Sim Download, News, Information, review and FS2004 & FSX addon Site. Top 100 Aviation Nick 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
RadarMan

MS Vista Price???

MS Vista Price??? I can't see it at such a high price although as they say the cost will be buried in the price of a new setup as XP is now. The only people paying that price will be home builders for the full or upgrade version. http://news.com.co...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on
crosscheck9

A new level of stupid

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/14558651/?GT1=8404 🙄...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hms_endeavour on
Thunderbirdman2

[ Poll ] YAY i got a new sig

how much you like it...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
pilotwannabe

One for the GA lovers....

Popped down to my local this afternoon, Gloucestershire, home of GA 😉 https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/20108/one-for-ga-lovers_f66fe2ecfffbfcec737d30166ec79629.jpg https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/2...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
spitfiresrule on
simon123

What the hell!

simon123 First Officer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was captain!!!! What I’ve been demoted??!!!!!!!!!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
Jamie4590

Sonic Boom

When Mach 1 is achieved there are two booms that are created. One is directed forward of the aircraft and can be mistaken for thunder on the ground (ie not very noticeable) The other (primary) boom is sent downwards and this is very loud but just how loud...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Oberkomando on
Jamie4590

John Travolta

He is one of my favourite actors and I love the fact that he turned to flying and has earned probably all the ratings going. He is immensly proud of his wings and likes to fly long haul flights but when would he get the opportunity too? Does he work ad ho...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
hinch

hinch is the winnarrr!

https://flyawaysimulation.com/images/10/microsoft-flight-simulator-2004/ well it made me happy hehe....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
Jamie4590

TCAS Warnings

I've had a few close shaves but thats still a matter of a few miles apart. It seems the other traffic will not react to a proximity hazard. Is this just default traffic or does add-on traffic have AI that takes evasive action in the same way I would? I...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
Thunderbirdman2

Unbeliveeble

This guy but my aim screen name hes stillatalkin to me this is the conco its an advertisement this is crazy TheAviator07 (12:49:32 AM): Hello TheAviator07 (12:49:40 AM): Are you a Flight Sim Pilot? addboythatskates (12:49:42 AM): who u addboythats...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
atreyu on
lenin

[ Poll ] Does spam bother you?

well?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jamie4590 on
Jamie4590

Nose Gear Sinks

When I'm thundering down the runway on take off I've noticed the nose gear sinks in to the ground which makes it more difficult to rotate the aircraft. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jamie4590 on
lenin

Goodbye Lenin!

No, I am not leaving. I watched this film last night called Goodbye Lenin. It is one of the best films i have ever seen. It is a german film but has english subtitles. It is about this woman in east germany who, when she sees her son protesting has a hear...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Flyboy92

PLUTO NO LONGER A PLANET!

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/space/08/24/pluto.ap/index.html?section=cnn_space&ref=google Flyboy92...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
oreo005

how big is your fs9?

Mine is 6.60 GB (7,092,268,372 bytes) 😂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on
VegasFlyer

signiture

My signiture picture is obviously too big. How do I resize it?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
BoeingFanatic

[ Poll ] Too Fat......

Is this guy to fat for a motorcycle? You tell me. https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/19811/too-fat_cf870896829724f5af2f8b988d644e82.jpg...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
violentviolet on
Jamie4590

Triple INS Failure

Please help!! Last night I loaded the Altitude Concorde with FS2002 and all three of the INS units wouldn’t switch on! This has never happened before and I have no idea why it’s happened. The only thing I did before attempting to turn on the INS units...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jamie4590 on
CRJCapt

Virtual Thunderbirds Demonstration team

I found this website about 12 (6 at a time) guys that perform as the computer version of the Thunderbirds! Each flying their own F-16. Checkout the website. I want to fly with them. They have patterned themselves after the real Thunderbirds to a unbel...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Thunderbirdman2 on
mypilot

blue angels

Anybody know what the blue angels used before the F/A-18?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Thunderbirdman2 on
Oberkomando

Mars, closer than ever!?

mars will be closer then ever the 26 of this month... check the link about why: http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/mars_orbit_030121-1.html...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Thunderbirdman2 on
Liono

The inner workings of my super computer

So this afternoon I thought I'l do a bit of spring cleaning, so I dismantled my PC and took it down stairs. For those that haven't cleaned there old PC's my advise is to do so. Or take it to a shop that does it. I've had my PC for at least 6 months and...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Liono on
Jamie4590

Concorde Veering Off

Recently I've had a few textbook landings ruined because when I turn off the autopilot just before the wheels touch the aircraft starts banking and veers off from the runway. The reason for it is because in previous flights I have altered the aileron trim...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jamie4590 on
Jamie4590

Airbus A380

Whats everyones opinion on this aircraft. There is no doubt it is an incredible piece of design and engineering but I think I would feel uneasy boarding a plane that has been developed with the sole purpose of increasing profits. :fear:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jamie4590 on
Jamie4590

2003 Columbia Disaster

I watched an interesting docu on this yesterday and never knew the shuttle has a high pitch on re-entry. It was very sad to watch so after I watched (for the 64th time) Apollo 13. The lame dweeb from Happy Days done good! Is it because of a change in t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
violentviolet on
VegasFlyer

stand by

Has anyone noticed how many people are on stand by for the membership to this site ❓ More than 200 😳...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Thunderbirdman2 on
Jamie4590

Both Pilots Move Throttle

I have messed up a few take offs in the past by not putting the throttles fully forward and hence not getting the speed to become airborne. I've noticed some airlines have both pilots push the throttle at the same time 'in the spirit of safety' Does a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jamie4590 on
Jamie4590

Aircraft Overstressed

Last night I was 200nm from my deaceleration point after cruising for 3000NM when out of the blue I got the aircraft overstressed message and lost the flight. I had not saved progress! I was monitoring the instruments throughout and can't understand why i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jamie4590 on
-Jester-

Mug Shots :)

Ok now I dont know about you guys but It helps to know who you are talking to so if you are ok with it lets start a mugshot topic so we can put a face to the text. me, got to look like a bad ass. :oops:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Thunderbirdman2 on
Jamie4590

Fuel Jettison

Under what circumstances does fuel jettison occur? Is it usually only in an emergency and does ATC need to clear the airspace below before a fuel jettison? Wouldn't the fuel evaporate soon after its been released?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
Jamie4590

NDB's

Why dont all large airports have NDB's?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bindolaf on
Jamie4590

Steep Banking

Regardless of my altitude or speed I always bank at a 25 degree angle when in autopilot mode and I'm sure that would be scary for passengers at FL500. Could I be missing a dial or switch that can alter AP bank angles?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
Insight

DJ Insight Break PIrates

I am on again tonight from 9 - 11pm GMT www.breakpirates.com 🙂 tune in join the chat room wibble wibble...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SeanGa on
simon123

A GHOST CAR????

http://www.nothingtoxic.com/uploads/98828689326d6742032e8b6322d79bc7.wmv SEE FOR YOUR SELFS!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
BoeingFanatic on
Jamie4590

Filton Airport

The runway at Filton is HUGE! There are also some lights on the runway that I've not seen before. I know Filton was used during the testing period for Concorde and other aircraft and does anyone have any info on the runways. Why are they so wide?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on
Jamie4590

747-400 Design

You will notice about halfway along the fuselage the roof of the aircraft dips down and remains so along to the rear. I'm interested to know why this is and if its a crucial design feature?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on
crosscheck9

PMDG 757

Hello everyone, I was browsing the PMDG forums recently, and there were a lot of mentions of a PMDG 757 which people had apparently bought, and started using -- When was this? Is there a PMDG 757? I went to the pmdg website, but didn't see any men...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
crosscheck9 on
hms_endeavour

Burlington Airshow

hey, I WAS THERE!!! It was awesome. I saw A10's,F-16's,15's,18's and then a sabre, A few WWII fighters, the p-40,47 and the p-51 that chuck yeager flew. Then, a USCG Jayhawk doing a mock rescue operation, and also the thunderbirds! Today's the open hous...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
cheechm

Intel Core 2 Duo

Ok, so there is a new processor called Intel Core 2 Duo. Just a question? What is so good about it? And also does clock speed matter in a computer after you reach about 2GHz? Thanks in advance, Nick 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
Page 14 of 26