Other forums: Off Topic

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

brownbox

gta san andreas no cd crack

Hi Dont think asking for no cd cracks is against the rules here, so I was wondering if anyone knows where to get one for GTA San Andreas. Cheers...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on
cheechm

Watercooling

Does anyone have watercooling or has had it? I just want to know how good it compares to good old fans? BTW wouldn't you be kinda scared of having water run through your precious computer? \o/...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
Jamie4590

Faulty ASI

My air speed indicator is giving false readings. Its a problem that occured only recently. The needle moves as normal until it reaches about 300KTAS and then stops there even though other instruments such as the machmeter and captains display show my corr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
arulu

VGA card difference

Dear friends I just want to be clear about these graphic cards. Apart from Nvidia & Redeon, nowadays we see more about PCI cards. What is the difference, and are these PCI cards are better than Nvidia & so on. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
arulu on
Jamie4590

ILS with no glideslope

I found an airport and entered its ILS frequency but it only provided a localiser and there was no glideslope even though it had the big green arrow that denotes a glideslope. Is there a way of distinguishing what parts of the ILS are present perhaps from...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jamie4590 on
PanAmerican

Boeing 747 Large Cargo Freighter Arrives in Seattle

An e-mail from Boeing: SEATTLE, Wash., Sept. 16, 2006 – Boeing (NYSE: BA) today celebrated the arrival of the first of three specially modified 747-400 passenger jets that will be used to transport the large composite sections and wings of the all-ne...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PanAmerican on
UG_PL

Call of duty 2

I took this shot today. I thought that you woul like it. Anyone plays this game.... It is fantastic . and yeah.. all settings are on max except resolution. I get 30-35 FPS...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hms_endeavour on
brownbox

Overclocked GPU Problems

hi everyone, my friend overclocked his ATI GPU using ATI Tools overclocking thing, but due to instablility on his pc, hes wondering how he could "undo" the overclock Anyone got some ideas?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
crosscheck9

Dad's computer aint doin too well

Hello everyone, For a while now, my father has been coping with a problem in his system, which he has apparently gotten used to. I, however, think he'd be a lot better off if it was repaired and therefore I need your help. His computer la...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hms_endeavour on
CrashGordon

Free anti-spyware program

You may find this interesting. http://www.spywareterminator.com It is free for personal use....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
SteveT

Mid-Air Collision in Malta

Hi there, Happened a few hours ago: http://www.airliners.net/photo/1107079/L/...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Thunderbirdman2 on
cheechm

"Spam"

Hey, I don't know what anyone else thinks of this, but in the "Multiplayer Forum", aren't all the invites getting out of hand. There are about 4 every day. It is kinda like the new spam!?!? Just wondering what you thought?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GoneGolfing on
Jamie4590

Landing Lights

After take-off what altitude should the landing and nose gear lights be switched off or does it depend on conditions?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tartanaviation on
Thriell

A blast from the past

I know this is gonna generate a laugh from somebody, but I have a question related to FS95 (Yes, I'm actually still using it - fixed income / diabled / lots of medical bills / priorities) Once I ran into a link talking about a way to use Flight Shop wi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Thriell on
Munkeh

Wondered for a while...now i'm gonna ask!

Well I'm an often viewer on flightlevel350 and the rest of it, and you see a lot of videos of takeoff and landing filmed form the passenger cabin. Now, every flight I go on and I'm told not to use electronics during these procedures of the flight. How ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
originalgrunge on
brownbox

i like flyway sims no cd crack section

this is sooo awesome. I couldnt find a no cd patch for Need for speed most wanted, then I saw that there was one on this site so i downloaded it and guess what? IT WORKS! 😀 looks like its time to put my need for speed cds back on the shelf &...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Jamie4590

Concorde Take-off. My First Vid!!

I love a new toy! On Tuesday I downloaded fraps and subsequently discovered Windows movie maker on my system that I never knew I had! I knocked this vid up yesterday. Please let me know what you think...... I've noticed a few things myself befor...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jamie4590 on
Flyboy92

You are a pirate!

LOL this is very :offtopic: but i find it funny, http://cristgaming.com/pirate.swf Tell me what you think Flyboy92...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on
Jamie4590

RC Concorde

I know this website has loads of youtube links but I can't resist this one. RC is probably the nearest I'll get to flying my own plane! Check out the flyover. Its hard to tell the difference from the real thing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cheechm on
cheechm

Mac > XP

Is it possible to run Mac programs like Logic Express on an XP computer? Thanks in advance...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cheechm on
pilotwannabe

Setting up E-mail

Hey, I am trying to set up an e-mail account in Outlook Express. The e-mail is the exisiting one that my ISP gave me I just want to set it up on another computer. My question is....how do I find out the incoming and outgoing servers?? It asks for t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on
violentviolet

A Trivial Observation.

When i logged in today,it appeared that my "Theme" setting on my home page had been swiped! Where is my "icey" theme damn it. Watch out,it's your theme one day,your soul the next! 😕...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
Jamie4590

Black Hawk Down

I've been wanting to check this out for a while and finally picked it up today. Any comments on it?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Insight on
Jamie4590

No Spam!

While that statement would be upsetting 65 years ago in todays technological age its welcoming. I've not seen any spam here since the anti-spam inititave started. What a transformation! 😀 👏...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
Wing-man

WOW !! JEEEEZ !! HOLY FSX BATMAN !!!!

Anyway, enough of the subject title 🙄 If you, yes YOU fellow flight simmer, order your copy of FSX from SimWare Simulations, Yes TODAY 🙄 and get your EXCLUSIVE SPECIAL OFFER. Order today Flight Simulator X from SimWare Simulations a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GoneGolfing on
Jamie4590

Automated Flight

With flight becoming more and more automated with things like the advanced FMC does anyone think that this is a good or bad thing for the pilots? It makes their job easier but perhaps too easy? There have been several incidents related to the FMC and i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
hms_endeavour

Saitek Drivers...

Hi, Do you think that saitek will update their drivers for vista? I have an X-52 And have in mind to buy an Eclipse Keyboard.I'm only in germany for another week cause but I want to get the keyboard here if i cansince I'm used to the german layout. If I...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on
Jamie4590

Lockheed wins NASA contract

This week NASA awarded a $4 billion contract to Lockheed over Boeing....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Oberkomando on
lenin

1GB

Is 1GB of RAM good enough to play FSX or should i pay extra for 2GB, bear in mind i have little money....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hms_endeavour on
Jamie4590

Morbidly Obese Man Can't Fit In Aircraft Seat Shocker

I just read an article about a 25 stone man who had to leave an aircraft when it became obvious he couldn't fit in the seats. Staff had given him a row of three seats but that still wasn't enough. Afterwards he criticised the airline saying he had never b...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
guest_mypilot on
hms_endeavour

Making a wireless headset

Hi, 😀 Crosscheck9, remember in june(or was it july?)when you asked for help making a wireless headset? Me and Pilau(whom i haven't seen lately 😕 ) Said you could use a set of walkie talkies. You said you where on holiday, but you promis...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
Jamie4590

Viz Games

There is a comic called Viz which is the one thing that still makes me laugh so much I almost collapse. I have just been looking through the Viz website and suggest if you like a bit of childish toilet humour goto viz.co.uk and click on the GAMES link at ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jamie4590 on
simon123

BIG DAY TOMORROW.

Im back in court tomorrow for ABH. The last time I was there the judge told me. I was looking at a prison sentence. But my solicitor said not to worry they all say that. So if you don’t hear from me tomorrow or the next day im gone down!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GoneGolfing on
crosscheck9

PMDG Approach -- What went wrong?

Hello all, Recently, I've been working on perfecting my flight in the PMDG 737NG, however I've encountered a probelm which I don't know how to overcome. When I'm at loc altitude, below 180kts, I engage APP, and it switches on until it gets m...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
crosscheck9 on
crosscheck9

Grabclipsave

If someone gets the chance, can he/she post a download link to Grabclipsave besides the ones at simviation and that bomchalaka website. I can't seem to get those 2 to work. Sorry for the inconvienience...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Jared

Question About A Song

Hello. I have a question about this one song I am trying to find. I went to this festival the other night and heard this rock song playing and really liked it. But I have NO clue what its called or who its by. But the "beat" of the song is almost the same...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
antone on
crosscheck9

Trip Report

Well, its over 😳 -- The whole trip took a whopping 28+ hours, but now its done, and I'm happy to say I'm back home with my parents, at last. Current time here is 2:34am, and I'm tired, but here it goes, as promised... From the beginning of t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Faucett on
brownbox

some fun things to do in flight

while sitting in your seat in a long haul flight, and you get a little bored, try some of these things: -make loud annoying noises (e.g tapping on the window, clicking down the foot-rest) -press the button for hostess assistance -press the button to tu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jamie4590 on
Jamie4590

16 year old flys solo

In my local paper it tells a story of a boy who took his first solo flight on his 16th birthday after just 11 hours training. Even though he has grown up with aircraft as his dad is a pilot and he has obviously picked up a lot 11 doesn't seem a long time ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
brownbox

what do pilots do to pass time??

anyone who is a pilot, or knows a pilot or whatever, I have a quetion for you: what do pilots of long haul flights do while they are cruising 30,000 feet over the pacific ocean for 10 hours?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
brownbox

joystick calibration problems

my joysticks calibration keeps resetting when I restart my pc. Anyone know how to fix it?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on
Flyguy41983

Need help with VATSIM and SQUAKBOX

Hence the title. How do i sign up to be a pilot for VATSIM and how do I get SB3 to work. I know i need to do something with multiplayer!?! Can someone help me? Thank you, Brandon 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
lenin

vapour trail and new A400

my new Airbus A400M. I posted this because if you lok in the background there is a vapour trail leading into the sea. Very odd indeed https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/20462/vapour-trail-and-new-a400_87f2dc0c68c73781f27a83ac5252d6e1....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
VegasFlyer

Cockpit at home

Have you seen something like this ❓ I haven't. http://www.737ng.co.uk/photos.htm 😳...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hinch on
Jamie4590

WX Radar

Are there any free wx radar downloads?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
KenTel

[b]Red Bull Air Racing, UK TV Ch4 Sat. Sept.2nd.2006[/b]

20 minutes I hopefully will be enthralled with the Magnificent Men in their Racing Birds. United Kingdom Channel 4 TV. 1555 hrs....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
KenTel on
lenin

[ Poll ] couple more q's

this time for battlefield support heli's...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Jamie4590

Pushing Tin

I watched this again last night. Its worth seeing just for all the aircraft shots and how ATC operate. Angelina Jolie is in it but just fast forward those bits. 👍...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Faucett on
pilotwannabe

Virus Problems

Hi there, Just wondering if anyone can help me with a couple of problems I am having. Firstly, Windows is telling me every day that my anti virus software is out-of-date. Avast updates every day and I have even checked and it is definately not out-of-d...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on
united11

Allegiant rumor of Sioux Falls focus city

From the recent news and rumors say that Allegiant is looking at Sioux Falls as a midwestern area focus city, just like being a stop for travelers and from Sioux Falls to many different destinations being not just Las Vegas and orlando. I dont know if thi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Allegiantlover on
Page 13 of 26