Other forums: Off Topic

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Jamie4590

767 Riot

I read a story of 65 Russian football fans staging a 3 hour riot on a BA 767 bound for the UK. Stewards had to usher many other scared passengers to the front of the aircraft away from the drunken yobs while they fought in the aisls straight after take-of...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on
Jamie4590

Top Gear Aircraft

Top Gear is a motoring show in the UK and I've noticed in the last few weeks that during the races that take place on the same race track every week there is a 747 parked in the background in the same place each time. It seems to be surrounded by trees an...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mustangpilot on
Jamie4590

ATC V's TCAS

In real world IFR flying when a pilot is in an emergency situation and close to a possible collision they disregard ATC commands in favour of the readings from the TCAS if the two conflict. Is that correct?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Flyguy41983

RBR?

I am currently listening to JFK ATC and the tower is reporting a RBR of 6,000. What does that mean? The airport is currently under only IFR only conditions and pretty good delay. Tonight a JetBlue had to return to the gate b/c of an ill passenger and an A...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyguy41983 on
Flyguy41983

Iberia @ KBOS

Does anyone know if it has been decided whether Iberia will be serving first (KBOS or KIAD)? Also has anyone heard that Flyglobespan will be serving KBOS? Comments?, Brandon...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyguy41983 on
Jamie4590

Red & Green Lights Calculation

I remember reading that a pilot can determine the direction of another aircraft from sight depending on which wing light is visable. (red or green) Would someone remind me of how its worked out?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jamie4590 on
Oberkomando

FSX laptop

Hi there you all. I am going to get a laptop, but i was thinking running fsx in it, so i think, this laptop must be very powerful. Any ideas, of wich one is good for this function? Thanks a lot....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Oberkomando on
Flyguy41983

CASS

So, I was reading something about United Airlines jumpseating. It is my understanding that you must have a CASS pass to jumpseat any airliner today (post 9/11). My question is "What is a CASS pass and how does somebody redeem one"? I know getting one is n...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyguy41983 on

couple of fun questions that i want to see your answers to.

question 1. airbus or boeing. why? question 2. joystick or yoke? question 3. 737 or a320? have fun 😉 😉 Boeing 737 yoke Don't like the eu, the alternate is ugly, nostalgia...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Refinance student loan on
CRJCapt

Airline Pilot Interview

The Infamous Airline Interview I walked into the interview with a great deal of confidence and enthusiasm. Flying airplanes was my one true passion in this life. This was my big chance to merge my occupation with my love. I would become an airline pilo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ARD-DC on
Dme43

Airnav suite 4 real time tracking of flights...

anyone know how to use it??? i can only get presumably a little traffic in america even though I want Europe... please and i have done the live internet update...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
united11

Midwest Connect New CRJ-200's

I think this is a great addition, although i havent seen any pictures of the new Canadair. They started off with service to a town i didnt expect that they would fly to in the meantime, Columbus, Ohio. I would've rather seen them start new service to FSD ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
united11 on
mossy

Too good to be true? People clever with computers plz help

I was looking for a computer and found this deal. It seems too good to be true. It is a website where the buyer chooses everything from the case to the motherboard. I have chosen this one: Spec Summary CPU\AMD Athlon 64 X2 AMD ATHLON 64 X2...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sk1wt on
robbier

Computer Parts

Hi guys! I havent been on for a while, mainly because of school, and not being on my computer a lot lately, also having a lot of activities to do, such as piano lessons, drum lessons, wednesday night music, and a lot of other things, but my birthday is i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on
CRJCapt

FLYBOYS-The movie

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/25631/flyboys-movie_b43cb8e1b21da4646d23990670cbc659.jpg Just bought the movie FLYBOYS, I saw it in the theater and have been waiting for it to come out on DVD. I really liked the movie, has some goo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
JarJarBinks

funniest moment at an Airport?

what is your favourite time at an airport or plane..... well once I was in Salt Lake City it was dead of winter 13` degreese out snowing and 2 hour delay. well as the ground crews were catering and De-Icing the plane all 7 of them broke out in a big s...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
stephengstewart on
CRJCapt

Real landing with Parking brake-ON!(Pictures)

This is what happens when you land a Embraer ERJ-170 with the parking brake on. http://www.dauntless-soft.com/PRODUCTS/Freebies/USAirParkingBrake/ How could it happen to a professional crew? I have heard of this before so let me tell you. The ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
CRJCapt

New version of free spell checker for forum posts

I wanted to let everyone know of a new version of a free program that many of us need. (I know that I do) It's called ieSpell. It's a add on for Internet Explorer that adds spell check feature that works for web postings. Easy to remove. Doesn't use resou...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
CRJCapt

Mt. Washington, NH (USA) Worst weather on earth

At 6,288 feet, Mount Washington claims the title of the Northeast's highest peak. While its height may not be especially impressive by global standards, Mount Washington rates as anything but an ordinary mountain. For one, its climate is similar to that o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Jamie4590

VFR & Snow

Would VFR flight generally be cancelled after heavy snow because it might obscure points of reference? Do aviation charts consider the effects of snow and provide information to the pilot? Thanks!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Jamie4590

SWAT 4

Just got this for the PC and its an incredible game. Very tense and highly detailed surroundings. You progress through the levels on points so the 'rules of engagement' have to be followed. Makes a change from GTA SA!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jamie4590 on
Oberkomando

problems running fs9

hi there guys, i was wondering if any one could help me with this proble. When i finish installing flight simulator 2004, and try to run it, an error message, boots on my screen saying that an error was found and fs9 must shut down. Error name: (user32.d...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Oberkomando on
beerbadger

Im back now

Hey guys, ive been busy for the past 6 months or whatever it was, and im back anew... ive actually been "lurking" for 6 months. So ill be posting alot now 🙂 Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JetControl on
horrgakx

Real-world flight tracking or maps (UK)

I know there's a US version of real-time trackers (https://flyawaysimulation.com/article978.html) - is there a UK version? Where I work, right on the western tip of Cumbria, I look south-east have have a great view of loads of air traffic, the majority...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
horrgakx on
BoeingFanatic

Pacific Fighters

Here are some screens of when I was shot down. https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/25385/pacific-fighters_d720849d0807f051cc391841bd66b019.jpg https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/25385/pacific-fighters_988e0d8f8...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
BoeingFanatic on
brownbox

A guide to increase performance with Dual Core computers

*Note* Theres no over-clocking of components required for these tweaks, and up to a 20% gain in performance can be a result. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Contains tweaks, which could render your ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7dream8liner7 on
lemonwonder

IF YOU DRINK ANY COCA-COLA PRODUCT U CAN HELP ME

Can you please email me the 15 digit cap codes... I think theyr 15 digit. To lemonwonder@gmail.com DO NOT POST HERE...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lemonwonder on
Jamie4590

Flywho.com

Flywho operate flights from Birmingham, UK to Florida but on a recent Watchdog show it was revealed that they ahve yet to operate a single flight. Many people have paid for flights that have then been cancelled but they have received no refunds. A repr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
jensabrat

Winzip

How do I doenload the free trial of winzip? I tryed going to the site but it wouldent download it. Thanks, Scott...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
edr1073 on
Doyley

Emergency Landing

Apparently an a/c had to make an emergency landing at Liverpool Airport yesterday because it was running out of fuel. The was a fire engine on the way there and it smashed into a car killing the driver. I cant find out much about it, does anybody have...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Doyley on
GoodisonBlue

PC world

For those not from the UK is a giant computer store staffed by people who know little about computers I went in there today to get some OEM parts for a client I had a look at their pc range and one pc caught my eye. It was a bog standard celeron...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GoodisonBlue on
Karlw

Janet pilot question

If you where to become a janet pilot I don't want to I just wanted to make a bet with my dad he says that before you can fly the janet aircraft to its base you must fly fighter jets go into war and what not is that true thanks for the info hope I won ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ARD-DC on
David_MC

Il2 1946 is here!

I got in the mail a brown package. I opened the package and found Il2 46. Here are some vids. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKep2MaW5a0 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDEkDSyxXqw...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Tartanaviation

Navigraph - Nice Chart tool

Just thought i would make people aware of this tool. It is free to download and free to register. Upon registering you recieve 6 Free Credits which will allow you to make 3 downloads. I downloaded charts for Edinburgh (EGPH) and the number of charts i got...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ARD-DC on
Micah

no CD Crack - help required

hi guys, I want to install Chris Sawyers Locomotion on my toshiba portege laptop. Only problem is that you have to use an external cd drive with this laptop. This isnt a problem for the install but i want to be able to use the game when i am out and ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Micah on
hms_endeavour

[ Poll ] WII OR PS3???

Which do you prefer?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Steve123 on
Guestinator

Need For Speed: Undrground 2 help please

Hi all, how's things? Need help with NFS: U2, i have finished all of stage 2 but there is no way for me to move on to Stage 3, what needs to be done in order to move onto next stages (in career mode)? Any help apreciated. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guestinator on
KevinTsai

My love of flightsimming from the start

You know, I remember my first flightsim. It was called Warbirds. It was at my father's house. I remember getting around 1998 or so. I wasn't into flightsimming but I had little interest. Next, I got Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator, then I got Jane'...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
KevinTsai on
Jamier

Helicopter crash

A helicopter crashed last night in morecambe bay. Ive decided to post this as my dad works on the rigs there and he told me he was on that very helicopter last friday when he came home for christmas and the new year. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/62...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jamie4590 on
Flyguy41983

COPA Airlines

Just a quick ?. I was looking on a.net like I normally do and i saw a few pics of COPA Airlines. Are they owned by Continental b/c the livery is almost identical except for the tail?? Merry Christmas!!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilatflyr on
DIMITRIOSCOOL

Jokes

😀 😂 😀 Flying With A Blonde There were two blondes going to California for the summer, they are about two hours into the flight and the pilot gets on the intercom and says we just lost an engine but it is all right we have thr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
futurepilot on
Doyley

EGGP/Liverpool Upgrade

I received a newsletter from my flying school today. In this it spoke about upgrades to the runways at EGGP. Here is what it had to say... September saw the start of the reconstruction of Liverpool's runway. The runway was opened by the Duke o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Doyley on
DIMITRIOSCOOL

Humor Joke

😂 😂 Airplane humor After every flight, Quantas Airlines pilots fill out a form called a gripe sheet,which conveys to the mechanics problems encountered with the aircraft during the flight that need repair or correction. The mechanics r...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilatflyr on
ISaFeeliN

Hi! (New member)

Howdy everybody. Just logged on for the first time on this forum/website after subscribing for $5. I live in The Netherlands, male, 36 years old. I Run both FS2004 and FSX, but mostly the last. Got it for my birthday! Despite all the complaining tha...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on
HELP ASAP

REAL FLIGHT TONIGHT!!

Hey guys i'm flying from BOS to DEN tonight on a red-eye (JBU) and have the flight plan, but was wondering if i can find out all the freq. we will be tuned to so i can "not listen" 😀 LOL on my radio, any suggestions? Thx Here's the Flight Pla...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
spitfiresrule on
dannyboy2005

[ Poll ] Forum Admins: Forum Clean up?

Hello. I'm suggesting if we can have a major forum clean up. What I mean by this is cleaning up ALL the crappy posts and topics and re-arranging the topics and forums etc. I'm suggesting this because I’m fed up of people leaving the site due to child...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SpiderWings on
Flyguy41983

Hubs at KBOS??

Hello, I am wondering if Logan airport is a MAIN hub for any airline. I know the airport acts as a focus city. Also, when you work for an airline, such as United, would I have to live in lets say KSFO or can I live in a focus city? I'm just wondering!! ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
RaMiuS

Saitek or CH

I want to buy the best joystick out there for maximum around $200. But the problem is that I am lefthanded so the stick has to be good for both hands (or only the left 🙄 ), this also means I cant have eny of that HOTAS stuff sadly 😞 (this...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
overbanked

One very annoying detail here

I have to strongly object when people refer to flight simulators as "video games" or "playing flight simulator." It always galls me when somebody says to me "Oh, I don't play video games" when I tell them my hobby. A good flight simulator program is not...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
simon123

firefox

i have just download Firefox. is it save? or any good. it looks ok. your advice would be helpful. thanks you guys simon123 🙄...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
antone on
Page 9 of 26