Other forums: Off Topic

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

omgttfs

airbourne aircraft in google earth?

I've been following (my percieved) flight paths in & out of Heathrow, but can't find any planes in the air. Looking at the massive line of aircraft waiting to take off, I expected to easily find one. Can anyone find one and tell me the coordinance of a p...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
omgttfs on
Tartanaviation

Skills Test

Booked my JAR-PPL Skills Test for the 28th this month. Hopefully this strange run of Good Scottish weather of late will continue. Hopefully everything thing will go according to plan! ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ARD-DC on
Welshflyer

757 Bird strike

Found this interesting video at my VA Forum, thanks to redhmt for posting it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KhZwsYtNDE...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on

Graphics Card

Hello all iv got a radeon 9600series card and it pretty old now i was wondering can you sugest me anygood cards to use for flight simulator quite cheap nothing exspsive, thaks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tiger7881 on
DF112

Old TV programme: 'Mr Smith's Airship'

This might be something only the Brits could answer, unless the BBC sold the programme in question abroad, but here goes: Way back (I remember it being 1975 or 1976) BBC2 showed a documentary about a guy called Smith - a prosperous retired gentleman, I...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
DF112 on
bawls327

Best Flight School (college)

Well what is your opinion on some in the usa? If you have been one to one and like it post it and if you justh heard some great ones post them to....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7dream8liner7 on
dmc313

Problem with doom 3 no cd crack downloaded from this site

I have downloaded this and followed the instructions to place it into the Doom 3 folder, and use it to replace the orginal doom3.exe file. The problem is, when I try and open the cracked file, I get a blue window that says: Unknown command 'vid_re...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dmc313 on
were-rabbit

THIS SUCKS!!

It took me for ever to get that jeep downloaded and when ever you turn it banks! 😕...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
bigsam656

i need help with a halo trainer

i downloaded the halo 1.07 trainer of www.gamecopyworld.com and i am using halo ver. 1.07 i am using windows vista and have tried everything such as compatibility modes and running as admin but when i play halo i hit a key to activate a setting and when f...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bigsam656 on
Flyguy41983

Kai Tak Checkerboard???

What was the IGS for an approach into Kai Tak? What is the significance of the Checkerboard? Is that where the aircraft would turn onto final?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CaptDennison on
PanAmerican

Modifications

I'm interested in seeing how creative other people are with their aircraft. So, what modifications have you made to the aircraft that you have downloaded. For me, I added the Nukem effect to my Boeing 747. It looks pretty cool. I've also changed th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ARD-DC on
gunner1

Kemble Airfield

this is my petition to stop the enforcement order on kemble airfield, this will stop all GA traffic. Please Sign this petition and spread the word to as many other people as you can. When we have enough people we'll send it to the council to try reverse...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GoodisonBlue on
Flyguy41983

Crossfeed Start

Just curious, what is a cross feed start and why do other aircraft behind the starting aircraft have to have a good distance?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Jamier

Bomb Threat @ EGNV

I was riding to work yesterday morning and didnt notice the usual BMI morning flight coming and thought it must have been delayed or landed early then i heard on the radio that Teesside was closed to all incoming and outgoing flights and all access to the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jamier on
Jamie4590

Alcohol Level

Did anyone read about the first officer that arrived for work over the alcohol limit but wasn't prosocuted as he claims he arrived at the airport to report sick and never actually boarded tha plane. What surprised me about the article is it says flight cr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jamie4590 on
Flyguy41983

Finnair @ KBOS

I was looking at wikipedia and it stated that Finnair operates seasonally out of KBOS. Is this true, is it really Finnair or is it a codeshare with another airline?? P.S. What season does the airline operate?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
sniper45

B200

has anyone heard about that king air B200 that lost pressureization and the pilots lost consciousness and it went from 27,000ft to 7,000ft in just one minute?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ARD-DC on
Bonza

After a new computer lotz help plz

Hi My name is Bonza I am after a new computer dat can play games. I wood rather have sometime dat is cheap innit. I don't wanta Intel because they smell innit and wood rather have a AMD because they are lovely jubbly. I only wanted to ask this ques...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ARD-DC on
Karlw

Does anyone know of any Concorde avatars

Any I could use?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Jamie4590

You know your getting old when policemen start......

Today I officially join the '30' club 😞 I can't stop thinking that in a years time I will be a 'thirty-something' 😞 On a brighter note the wife has sent me out while she produces the masses of pressies she has bought for me. I really...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cheezyflier on
7ECA-Captain

In the real world....

Just wondering if there are other actual pilots in here? And what you've flown? In the real world I currently fly a Citabria 7ECA, and have flown Cessna 172, 206, 310, North American Harvard (T6 or SNJ for you yanks), DC-3, A-26 Invader, J3 Cub, and Navah...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7dream8liner7 on
swpilot

Public Teamspeak 2 Server!

Hello. I started a public Teamspeak 2 Server, for anyone who wants to come on and chat with friends. Anyone with a clan looking for a Teamspeak server to use, you are more than welcome. Just ask and I will create a channel. The server is up 24 Hours a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
wombat457

POSKY FORUM ARROGANCE

To ALL Members and Geusts - This is about the arrogance and disdain that the POSKY FORUM Administration adopts toward a member submitting a complaint about one of its so called Moderators. Yesterday afternoon I registered with the POSKY FORUM and s...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
wombat457 on
UG_PL

Ilyushin Il-62 LOT

May 9 ,1987 – LOT Flight 5055,Warsaw-New York, an Ilyushin Il-62, crashed near Warsaw, Poland, after an engine fire. All 183 people on board died. The scene was attended by American and Polish experts. American experts performed identification basing...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ANF on
Jamie4590

Youtube my new hobby

I've just discovered that its possible to 'download' videos from youtube. I'm doing it while its still legal....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
CRJCapt

Irritating game

I saw this on another forum* and thought you guys might like it. Click the English flag for English instructions. Warning, it will aggravate you. 😂 ➡ http://www.zanorg.com/prodperso/jeuxchiants/doublejeu.htm Edit: 31.29 *Origin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
edr1073 on
lenin

Lenin

Aha! I have come back from a long time doing other things. I hope to post some more soon! cheers...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
-Jester-

My Apology

Hello guys. I just recently read over all of my posts on this site and saw how obnoxious I was in most of my posts and in some cases disrespectful I was to a couple of guests. :oops: Now that I have read over this and have read everyone's reply to my thr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on
Flyguy41983

Ground Control

I was wondering, when an aircraft is hooked up to the cables (when being pushed back) and talks to the ground crew how does the crew communicate. Is there a special button to push just to speak to them like a pilot speaks to ATC? Just wondering, Brandon...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
SteveT

ButtKicker Gamer Ass Shaker

Hi all, Recently for my birthday, I got given this interesting device, which you can connect to your PC or PS2/XBox and it gives you vibrations for your video games. I use it for FS and it is absolutely brilliant. I tell you - for e.g - when you t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Captain Homeboy on

[ Poll ] Who owns Photoshop?

I got it for free....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
-Jester- on

runway 55

Why is there no such thing as lets just say runway 55 if you runway is at a heading of 055? :dontknow: :dontknow: Runways are marked in 10 degree increments. Over time, the magnet field of the earth changes. Sometimes they have to rename a runway be...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
denuncia polizia postale on
twistedsucker

Is anyone here in the Air cadets?

I just started membership in the air cadets (I'm thirteen) and I have to say its nothing like air cadets at all, its either that or its not really what I expected. They seemed to be training us like army cadets, which is really tiring first time. Does any...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tiger7881 on
737FLIER

Intel an AMD

I was wondering why AMD was so much cheaper then intel. I can get a dual core AMD 2.6ghz for less than a dual core intel with 2.1ghz. Are AMD processors ok?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Jamie4590

Belly Landing

The aircraft comes in to view about 2 minutes in to the video. Get that pilot a brandy!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=😳CGZTQWXOY...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
spitfiresrule on
papyl5

can i get a easy to download free aircraft carrier(animated)

can i get a real good animated easy to use and free aircraft carrier? if so please post the website for me !... thanx!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on
jensabrat

WHATS WRONG WITH THE DOWNLOADS?

When I try to download any of the planes the download window dosent pop up insted it has a page could not be found thing. Whats going on?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on
Flyguy41983

American Airlines: A week in the life DVD

Has MSNBC made a dvd for the doc. American Airlines: A week in the life? I would really like to buy it!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7dream8liner7 on
mustangpilot

Qantas gripe sheet

I put this here cos it's funny and i suspect more people will read it. If a moderator wants to move it thats fine. After every flight, Qantas pilots fill out a form, called a "gripe sheet," which tells mechanics about problems with the aircraft. The m...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Jamie4590

FSPassengers Failures

I've been using this but I have a problem with the random failures it generates. I don't mind it creating failures as it keeps me on my toes but on one flight it drained an engine feed tank 'instantly' so engine 3 cut out at FL500 and on another it switce...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jamie4590 on
Flyguy41983

Aircraft Substitution

When an airline changes an aircraft for a few day does that airline have to tell the airport. For example Cathay 831 (KJFK to VHHH) is regularly run by an Airbus A340-600. If Cathay Pacific changed the aircraft to a Boeing 747-400 for a day b./c the A346 ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Flyguy41983

Minimums

On the GPWS what does the term "Minimums" refer to? I have heard it is this video and many others ➡ http://www.flightlevel350.com/Aircraft_Airbus_A300-600-Airline_Qatar_Airways_Aviation_Video-8074.html (The landing in this video is so smooth you ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
VegasFlyer

a pilot's song

This a song written by a F/O at Northweat Airlines -F/O Richard M. Kerti (Northwest) To A Pilot's Son Though my job takes me to far-away places, Far from home among many new faces, Enjoying rich, glowing sunsets and brilliant sky of b...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
KevinTsai

180-degree turn question

In real life, is it possible for a jumbo jet say an Airbus A380 to make a 180-degree turn and line up with the runway bout 2 miles away? The airport I built in SimCity 3000 Unlimited has mountains to the north and the east of the airport with downtown lo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
KevinTsai on
brownbox

My own CPU overheat benchmark

Heres what you do. Go into your game list or program list. Open up as many as you can simultaniously, and see what you can do 🙂 Next, post your computer specs, along with, if possible, your cpu temperature after running this test for 10 minut...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7dream8liner7 on
Jesse1979

Maule M7 260C Orion

Dear Mr/Mrs, Me and my brother are 2 enthausiastic RC modellers. We build and fly radio controlled airplanes. At the moment we are getting ready to build a Maule M7 260C Orion, the same plane as in Flightsim X. We also want to use this aircraft as a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Charlie10 on
HelpsJ

Ten Rules for Dating My Daughter

My dad sent this to my sister (as a joke of course) 10 Rules For Dating My Daughter Rule One If you pull into my driveway and honk you'd better be delivering a package, because you're sure not picking anything up. Rule Two You do not touch ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
AlphaJet1029 on
Flyguy41983

Option Air

I was listening to KBOS ATC and I heard the callsign "Option" 2962 (or some other #'s) What airline is Option? I tried a search but nothing came up=[. Any one know, Brandon...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyguy41983 on
Flyguy41983

Simairline.net???

I know that this is in the wrong forum so dont fuss at me (no one will answer my q's in the VA forum). My q is where has the Simairline.net website gone. it is now an advertisement website =[. Anyone know where it has gone, Brandon...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyguy41983 on
7ECA-Captain

3D Glasses...

I'm curious about the 3D glasses advertised on this site, has anyone tried them? Where they anything like you expected? Would you recomend looking into these? Interested in any 'war stories' Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
Page 8 of 26