Other forums: Off Topic

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

fs2010 and fs2008

they say there are going to make fs2010 and fs2008 is that cool or what? and fs2008 will be better they said and fs2010 will be even better thn fs2008 an i bet the will keep on going to this will be fun to see if they make them i will try to get them a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Pilau on
mypilot

[ Poll ] attack choppers

I've seen both on tv but can't decide which one is better....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JarJarBinks on
Jared

Big News From Cessna

Well yesterday at AirVenture 2006 in Oshkosh, Cessna unveiled its new LSA (Light Sport Aircraft) and NGP (Next Generation Piston). Well the both look neat in my opinion. Also I will be heading up there Sunday on my B-day and I will for sure be checking...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Don Wood on

how do you use all the features on the game?

how do you use all the features on the game?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
ceetee

Military or Private? (which training option to choose)

I have just got home from a Careers Exbo at my college, and spoke with representatives of both private air schools and the RNZAF airforce. I thought I might ask for advice concerning which option to pick for my pilot training (if there are any RL pilots i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
help

Please help.

I just bought the eDimensional 3d glasses and tried it on many of my games... it works... but not on flight simulator 2004.... it works on combat flight simulator 3 though. It looks realy messed up(when i use it on flight simulator 2004)... when i try to ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
oreo005 on
HelpsJ

Helicopters!!!

i live in south london near to croydon. Every 5-10 minuites a helicopter flys over going either to or from London. Does anyone have any explaination? Where are they going south and why? whats strange is that it has only started this summer....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
HelpsJ on
PanAmerican

Plane from the movie AIRPLANE

If any of you have seen the movie AIRPLANE, do you know what kind of aircraft the Trans American plane is. I need to know because I plan on painting the aircraft. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PanAmerican on
ranald

funny FSX/VATSIM video

just found this when looking for some FSX vids https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4e0-CqeiuM&search=fsx 😂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ranald on
mypilot

Radarman vs. Greekman

just looked at the top ten posters, can't believe i'm still on the list. Greekman may overtake Radarman pretty soon, may the race begin! 🍻...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
pilotguy44

My job

Well I'm finally starting to feel comfortable at my new job. I work at a small FBO at my local airport, Dutchess County Airport (KPOU). I go to work again today for the last day of training, and then when I return from vacation in August I begin my regula...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Pilau on
Pilau

Funniest Airport

Has everybody here ever used the internet abbreviation "KTHX"? If you don't know it, it mean "Okay, thanks" (K, Thx). The funny part about it that it could be the name of an american airport "KTHX" Have you ever heard of an airport with this ID?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Pilau on
CaptDennison

The other side of Capt. D-KISS

Yes its true. I am a huge KISS fan. I been a KISS fan since about 1975. First saw them with Ted Nugent opening and Bob Segar in Arizona in 1976 I think. I have posters from way back, and Original Love gun, all sorts of concert crap, I even have an origina...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CaptDennison on
JarJarBinks

what pc games do you own and...

what pc games do you own and what ones are installed on your pc? for me i have FS9 of course, BlackHawk Down, Joint Operations, Battlefield Vietnam Redox, CFS3, Dear Hunter the 2005 season, CSI Dark Motives, Freespace2 Colossus, Airport Tychoon 3, Zoo ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
violentviolet on
RadarMan

Ship Simulator 2006

Ship Simulator 2006 We were talking about this a while back and it almost here. It doesn't look to exciting but that's what everyone thought about train sims and they have a huge following. :radar:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Pilau on
Pilau

Mountain Climbing

After the army (my serving period begins in November) I'm going to save money for an interstate trip in the US, and I wanted to ask those of us who are US residents whether there are mountains to climb on or should I go to the Himalayas 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Pilau on
Flyguy41983

Best Paying Airline

What US Airline is the highest paying Airline for domestic flights. (can be captain or first officer) Brandon...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyguy41983 on
Wing-man

Why has my topic been removed ???

I started a topic yesterday regarding spam, could any of the mods tell me why it has been removed ???? Thankyou....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hms_endeavour on
atreyu

My Vacation Report -56k warning-

Hey everyone i got back from my trip last thursday and am just now getting time to give you a report. Ok so i went with my dad on a road trip up to Yellowstone and the national parks on the way, like the Grand Canyon (north rim) Bryce Canyon, Zion, and th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
JarJarBinks

who is your fav comedian

well who do you like best I like the whole blue collar group and mind of mencia so whats yours...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
chlorinekid on

Help installing mobile control tower 2004

can any one tell me how to install mobile control tower 2004?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
cheechm

Building a computer

Hello, I am buiding a new computer (first self built!) I have saved up for ages and worked hard to collect all the money together. I have to resist from going out with my friends and spending it. But anyway, I have created a .txt file which you can...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
HelpsJ

Describe yourself in 15 words.

Please tell me if this has already been posted and i will delete it. i think it would be good if we all described ourselves in 15 words no more no less. this is a sentance and not just a string of words starting with My name is...........and ......

Answers
Views
Last answer by
violentviolet on
Chris102

Computer Fan

The fan in my computer is abnormally loud - is there anyway to fix this?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
edr1073 on
brownbox

where did tailhook go?

just wondering, where did tailhook go? did he leave? 😞...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JarJarBinks on
CRJCapt

Aviation Humor

Q: What separates flight attendants from the scum of the earth? A: The cockpit door! Q: What is the difference between a flight attendant and a jet engine? A: The jet engine stops whining at the gate Q: How does a blind parachutist know when h...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on
cheechm

Found some intresting facts

Interesting Facts: The Eisenhower interstate system requires that one mile in every five must be straight. These straight sections are usable as airstrips in times of war or other emergencies. The Boston University Bridge (on Commonwealth Avenu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Faucett on
CrashGordon

[ Poll ] The intelligence of spammers.

Are spammers as smart (or as pretty) as cockroaches?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Faucett on
pilotguy44

You know you're rich when..

I just got a job working for a small FBO at my local airfield, Dutchess County Airport (KPOU). I do desk work and line work. The guy I work with, Carlos, who is a real nice and funny guy, was telling me about all these different planes that he had come in...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
Liono

Billy Connolly's 14 things I hate about everybody

Something I recieved at work today. > > Billy Connolly's 14 things I hate about everybody: > > > 1.People who point at their wrist while asking for the time.... I know > where my watch is pal, where the **** is yours? Do I point ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
BoeingFanatic on
pilotwannabe

Russain Plane Crash

An Airbus A310 has overrun the runway in Siberia 😞 Full story here... ➡ http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/5162082.stm...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotguy44 on
cheechm

Some pics and jokes

I found these pics and jokes quite amusing, and I thought I would share them with you! A few related to aviation: https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/17618/some-pics-and-jokes_2470b1c88fee1192604622b7fa5b7900.jpg https://forum....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Pilau on
Oberkomando

FIFA World Cup scores and points charts...

Check in wikipedia the football Soccer matches... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Cup_2006...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
violentviolet on
Liono

Me no fly for a few days

As you may have noticed from my thread a few posts down, I have recieved my version of Windows Beta 2. After installation I have some how managed to bugger my D: drive (Stupid idiot I am). So I'm going to install FS9 on both Vista and Windows XP SP 2. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
KenTel on
tiger7881

Pilot liscens

Hey guys, i was to ask the real pilot or the once who knows how to be a Commercial pilot and what are the steps to it, and waht to do. Please help me because my parents dont belive what i am saying....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
JarJarBinks

hover controls new site!

hey has enyone seen hovercontrols new site? here it is ➡ www.hovercontrol.com...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
Liono

Water bed prank

Water bed prank Enjoy and don't laugh to loud....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotguy44 on
hinch

hinch wins!

i had to dress up all smart in my suit and trainers and with un-brushed hair i picked up my impact award for interactive design. i got a cheque with a few zeros too 😀 but it wasn't a giant novelty one 😞...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hms_endeavour on
dannyboy2005

NOISY ONBOARD FAN? L@@K

If you have a motherboard that has an onboard fan such as ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe etc and its noisy your are in luck!! Instead of purchasing a new motherboard or complaining to ASUS or the motherboard manufacture about it i have found the best way how to s...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
tomthetank

Kid in the cockpit

Tonight on National Geographic TV (UK) at 2100 ➡ In March 1994, an elite captain on an Aeroflot flight from Moscow to Hong Kong allows his young son a few minutes in the pilot's seat. His son turns the steering column and sets off a chain of ev...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Mc_GaNgStA on
PanAmerican

A memo from Pan Am

Received this from a friend. Copy & Paste the following message into an e-mail, and send to every person in your address book: > Subject: FW: Please Read and Send Out ASAP > > >Thought I'd pass this on just in case it has some...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
BoeingFanatic on
PanAmerican

Brakes Failed on this A/C

Found this video: http://www.break.com/index/badplanebrakes.html Any of you know when this might have happened?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Faucett on
PanAmerican

Boeing Contracts with Stork Fokker for Engineering Services

Received this from Boeing: SEATTLE, July 06, 2006 -- The Boeing Company today announced a contract with Stork Fokker to help design the wing for the new Boeing 747-8. Stork Fokker is providing the 747-8 program with engineering services on a short-...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on
Pilau

Dodge Viper vs F-16 Viper

I saw it on TV on Ripley's. It's wicked - Unbelieveable! http://www.modernracer.com/features/dodgevipervsf16.html...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
violentviolet on
JarJarBinks

[ Poll ] Fav Comedian....maybe it will work

who is your favourtie comedian? mine is the whole blue collar group and mind of mencia...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Pilau on
meylan

fire fox

hi all , ive just installed mozilla fire fox after spending all day trying to rid IE 6sp2 of malware and constant errors and antivirus software adverts 🙄 . anyway im well impressed,tabbed browsing really suits me . is there anything i should be...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
meylan on
tomthetank

Google Earth

Been playing with Google Earth of late and found this ➡ 52.33628 -0.1956185425 Copy and paste the above into the find it box and zoom in 😳 😉...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
pilotwannabe

Website Problems

Hi all, I posted a previous thread about the new website me and hms have set up. The problem is, it appears nobody in North America can access it. This is obviously not very good at all 😕 We'd really appreciate any help with this. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hinch on
JarJarBinks

MSUT HEAR THIS....IM GONNA BE AN UNCLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

hello just 2 1/2 minutes ago i came home from church and by brother just told us is girlfriend was pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so im going to be an uncle, my parents grandparents, my sisters aunts, and my other brother also an uncle!!!!!!!!!!!!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
HelpsJ on
PanAmerican

Another A380 Question

I was wondering if any Japanese carriers have ordered the A380. I can see a market for the plane in that area of the world....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Page 16 of 26