Other forums: Off Topic

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

JarJarBinks

science project ideas...

hello everyone my school science fair is coming up and it is a required grade. I need some ideas on what i could do...something with areodynamics possibly?... one of my ideas was to find the best aircraft wing.... as in the aircraft wing that is be...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
Flyboy92

My Signature

hi everyone can anyone see the signature that i have made? i can't seem to get it to show up and it's really ticking me off. i made it in Corel and uploaded it to imageshack and all i see is a red x where it should be. Flyboy92...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyboy92 on
lenin

Siblings, lol

hi, i have seen a lot lately that there has been unwanted posts by siblings. maybe we should all take steps to help prevent this. We should all log out after each visit and keep the password secret. If you can, clear history so they can't find it that way...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7dream8liner7 on
Madbrit

Brats these days..

Ok ok ok, I know I have been hard lately, but you know, Flight Simulation isn't the same when there are dumb people on the forums, for example, fake flights, dumb reports, etc. We have some spoiled brats here on the forums and I hate that. Any responces? ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on
CRJCapt

Emergency

This has been on this forum in the past but new members and guests may not have seen it, I love it and offer it again for our enjoyment. As I watch the video, I can only think "This is me". 🙂 ➡ www.worteldrie.com/flash/emergency.swf...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
lenin

longest delay?

just wondering, what was your longest delay at an airport? mine was 9 hours when i was going to Cyprus. Seeing as i live on top of the airport i went home and to pizza hut, lol and yours?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7dream8liner7 on

Pepsi vs coca cola?

I prefer coca cola 🙂 State your prefered one below if you like coke ofcourse 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Insight on
Welshflyer

Private messages

Sorry to be a bit thick on this one gents, but i'm trying to send a PM but the instructions on the site are a bit vague to say the least( i.e it does'nt tell you how), not that i can see anyway! It explains if you cannot send them but not how to do it in...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on
pilotguy44

college

ahh! can you say stress?? i have 4 term papers due in the next 3 weeks.. seeing that the semester ends december 15th. this doesn't include day-to-day homework assignments or my flight lessons. arg... does anyone know any good stress-relief techniques? ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JarJarBinks on
overbanked

I flew my first SID!

I flew my first SID (DP) successfully this week. I mention this because I usually don't use SIDS. They can be very tricky for a beginner. It was out of Los Angeles for Chicago. In real life, the planes leave LAX heading west out over the Pacific Ocean...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
overbanked on
BoeingFanatic

Midtown Madness!

I don't know if anybody here has heard of the game Midtown Madness 2 but this picture is really Midtown Madness https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/22948/midtown-madness_3fc19470b733c0f3152fe41d5e4c44b7.jpg...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ARD-DC on
lenin

bonfire night!!!!!!!

tonight in the uk is bonfire night, quite possibly one of the best nights of the year. I go to Brockham Bonfire wich is 2mins from where i live. They have the largest firework display in the UK and possibly the largest bonfire. 20,000 people go. I love bo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
overbanked

Confirmed Arrival Routes for Major US Cities

These are the real life arrival routes used by all airlines flying into these major cities in the US. I have been able to double-check this information with a captain at American Airlines, so I can promise that these are the real deal. These will make y...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on
SteveT

Laptop Help

Hi there, My brother is looking to get a laptop for Xmas this year. He wants one for about £1000...can anyone give me some help on helping me choose one for him ...(he doesnt know a lot about laptops, PCs etc.. 😉 ) BTW if so..it should b...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SteveT on
Timebandit

My website. it ok.

I just wanted to share my website. It really is npt much. just a bunch of videos about planes and in catergories. I nned to add a lot of plane videos, either RC, commercial,military, insane,stunt, or other. If you want to add videos and feel free to do so...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on

Useful Links for US flights

I found these two links which help you put together real life flight plans. You can get arrival procedures (STARs) and departures (DPs or SIDs) from myairplane.com. You can also get high-level and low-level charts. The charts are broken into sections -...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on

i made boeing vs bus frm but it didnt go well so mac vs pc!

dude what is the point of this??? just a thought......

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
twistedsucker

Expecting my new Yamaha drum kit today!

Wish me luck! 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
PanAmerican

Boeing Delivers 777-200ER to THAI

I appologize for the late post. I haven't checked my e-mails in my old account recently: EVERETT, Wash., Nov. 02, 2006 -- Boeing delivered the first 777-200ER (Extended Range) airplane to Thai Airways International Public Company Limited (THAI). This ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PanAmerican on
Jamie4590

Share your FS Stories:

😂 I'm sure they would have the attitude of 'Oh well never mind but don't do it again ok'! 😂 I have a mental block with lowering the gear and several landings have been ruined because of this. Do any aircraft have an audio warning...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ARD-DC on
Chris102

Sikorsky S-76

Would anyone know the difference between the S-76A and the S-76B? Is it just the engines?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
NoWorries

Apparently not enough time in the Sim...

http://www.comcast.net/news/national/index.jsp?cat=DOMESTIC&fn=/2006/10/31/510560.html...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
spitfiresrule

Funniest FSX video ever

This video is THE funniest FSX video ever made 😂 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ1UxhGeu_0...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ARD-DC on

Flight Simulation, A History of it's Microsoft...

Quite amazing. Good find! :radar:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
robbier

ill be off for a while-HUGE PROBLEM

il be off flyaway for a while now, i am having computer trouble...i am posting this via my moms laptop. ill try to be back asap robbier...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Flyguy41983

Air France

Okay, I live directly under the flight path for KBOS when using the runways 22L/4R and 22R/4L. I always see the heavies come over my house from all over. Air France operates routes to Boston. Now today I saw an Air France Boeing 747 come over my house. To...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on
Agus0404

[ Poll ] Landing Distance

This is a topic I was discussing in my pilot school with my classmates. Some say that a 90° crosswind does affect the landing distance. Some say it doesn't. I say it doesn't affect the landing distance. It will only affect the manoeuvrability of the air...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on

777 and princess juliana

Because no one that flys into TNCM uses a 777 on there route there? Common sense would tell me that. Its not that it can't, Air Europe flew there in 2001....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
meylan

Does anyone know the closest airstrip or airfield to me

Hi , i've been looking for airfields,airstrips in and around STOKE ON TRENT city in the UK . Google just keeps giving me the international airports close by . If any one knows of any in or close to my home city could you please let me know. thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on
PanAmerican

Junior Pilot

I caught the tail end of a movie called Junior Pilot. I was wondering if anyone has seen the entire movie. It seems like a good movie, so I'll keep an eye out for it next time it is on....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
robbier on
lenin

back

i am back from my holiday 😀 i went from gatwick to Dalaman in turkey. Firstly, Turkey is a nice place if you don't mind touchy feely shop keepers who will sometimes phisically drag you into their shops. You have to be prepared for it but it is al...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
its me liam on
Agus0404

Pilot Guns

Hey guys! I'm sharing this little file with you that I found in www.atcbox.com Enjoy it! 😉 http://download.yousendit.com/7ACF8FBF4A632AAA...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
newslover on
violentviolet

Car Advert.

Has anyone seen this before? http://www.stretch-online.com/VIDEO/PeacefulCarAd.wmv...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ITS ME LIAM on
Jamie4590

1914 Christmas Truce

I'm fascinated by this event and this article moved me to tears (almost) http://www.firstworldwar.com/features/christmastruce.htm...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jamie4590 on
PanAmerican

Boeing, CIT Aerospace Reach Agreement for 787 Dreamliners

From Boeing: SEATTLE, Oct. 26, 2006 -- Boeing and CIT Aerospace, a business unit of CIT Group, Inc., today announced the leasing company's order for five 787-8 Dreamliners. Deliveries are scheduled to begin in 2012. The order was previously account...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Faucett on
Brook

Barnstorming tomorrow!

(mistakenly posted to Off Topic before...) On Monday morning a friend of mine is FINALLY taking me up in his 1940 Ryan PT20...here she is Some stick time is promised. I've already had control of his Mooney a number of times. Should be a beautiful...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
crosscheck9 on
Brook

I'm flying this plane tomorrow...

On Monday morning a friend of mine is FINALLY taking me up in his 1940 Ryan PT20...here she is: http://www.napanet.net/~arbeau/usaah/14984.jpg Some stick time is promised. I've already had control of his Mooney a number of times. Should be a b...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
crosscheck9 on
Guest Ed

A pretty good book about aviation

My wife gave me a book about aviation recently (probably because I'm always running on about my flights in FS09). It is "Famous First Flights That Changed History." It is written by a father-son team, Lowell Thomas and Lowell Thomas Jr.. Most of yo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
CRJCapt

Computer ad from 1989

Checkout the specs. "Our most powerful computer ever!". https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/22309/computer-ad-from-1989_795a85be56207a0ca447e8f8acf617aa.jpg...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Faucett on
PanAmerican

Very Hard Landing

Found this video on YouTube. Watch how far the camera person goes forward. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMCzxaMVERw&NR...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
Flyguy41983

AI TRAFFIC HELP

How do I get AI traffic on fs9?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
PanAmerican

Some Useful Software

I've copied a list from PC Magazine. All the programs work extremely well, and have cleaned my PC of severeal Trojans, Viruses, and Spyware. I am looking for the link that includes the entire list of programs. Some programs ranged from $10 to $50. Belo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PIC1stOfficer on
compilots

EU Pilot trafficking drugs

There is a rumor that a European pilot has been trafficking drugs for years! I am dying to get my hands on that story. I can't find anything on the web regarding this story. Anyone heard about this? Anyone know something maybe?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Faucett on
ceetee

Worst Air Disaster (Tenerife)

I was reading on Wikipedia about the Canary Islands and I just discovered this passage: The Tenerife disaster took place at 17:06 local time on March 27, 1977, when two Boeing 747 airliners collided at Los Rodeos Airport on the island of Tenerife, Cana...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jamie4590 on
Sico2

RTO

I always have been wondering about the procedures of aborted take off. I was looking for something in wikipedia, but didn't find much. Does anyone have any documents, links or any files with instructions for this unusual and pretty rare procedure? I kn...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
lenin

day after tomorrow

hi, In science today at school we watched The Day After Tomorrow. I have seen the beginning of the film lodas of times in geography lessons. There was this bit where some helicoppters had been dispatched to evacuate the royal family from balmoral. they f...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lenin on
SteveT

FS Video maker?

Hi Is there a FS2004 video maker APART FROM FRAPS that is payware of freeware..I want it to be a high quality one so that when i watch my video over from what ive recorded on fs..the video wont stutter ever 2 secs like FRAPS! :twisted: Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on

Tailwinds

My question is regarding tailwinds and how they can actually help. Say you have a 100 knot tailwind at cruise altitude. You would go 100 knots faster? That makes no sense to me since the aircraft has a maximum speed it can go anyway. I would think you wo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PIC1stOfficer on
hms_endeavour

laptop problem

Hey,I have a problem with a laptop. It's my dad's actually.I tiny Dell Latitude X1, really small and lightweight. Anyway, there are NO fans and NO air vents, basically no cooling. The cpu has been climbing every day, I started monitoring it at a rather h...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Insight on
Insight

Gun cam footage

real or fake?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
madbrit on
Page 11 of 26