Other forums: Off Topic

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

the boeng 'BWB'

:dontknow: whats a "boeng" and where can I see it?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ARD-DC on

Moto Question

Good for you who gives a :censored:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
CRJCapt

Bad morning

1.5 MB DL of a funny commercial. Click "Next Page" until DL entry appears....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ranald on
dme43

Has anyone every heard of the Boeing Y3?

and picture would be appriciated in wikipedia it says that its gonna replace the 747 and 777 in the future and its gonna be a double decker! :groupwave:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dme43 on
JarJarBinks

HACK!

someone has hacked into my nation at www.nationstates.net and changed my password.... now they have access to some personel info of mine! just hope they havnt switched E-mail address...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
violentviolet on
Welshflyer

Who keeps deleting all the evidence?

I thought we lived in a democratic society where people had the freedom of speech and choice! Obviously not here. Welcome to the dictatorship! Hyepilot\autobrake\tornadoman\rocketlaunching(all the same person) will not learn anything if this continues t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
BashDaBish on
PanAmerican

Nakash Group of America Sign Deal for Two 787 Dreamliners

Another E-Mail: SEATTLE, Dec. 05, 2006 -- Boeing and Nakash Group of America today announced an order for two Boeing 787-9 Dreamliners. Nakash Group of America is a multi-national, multi-billion dollar conglomerate that owns Arkia Israeli Airlines. Ar...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PanAmerican on
Flyguy41983

Flagship???

I live near Logan and I was listening to ATC ((like i normally do when i do my homework)) and I keep hearing the callsign Flagship. Who is that? Today i drove by the cargo terminal and saw UPS and DHL. I know DHL has the callsign DHL. I looked up UPS and ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on
Flyguy41983

KLM at KBOS

Ok I was looking at Massport and I saw KLM as arriving into KBOS. There were many KLM flights. I never knew that KLM flew into Logan. Is this true? Or does a company like Northwest take over these flights??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on
mossy

Aviation.....Radiation

According to one of my dad's pilot friends, one long haul flight can give one as much radiation as four chest x-rays. This would mean that pilots, and even regular flyers would be much more likely to get cancer. Is this true? Does anyone have further in...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on
Welshflyer

Greekman,was this you?

Found this little gem in an aviation magazine! Four Mirages were being delivered from Bordeaux to Jordan and stopped overnight at a Greek airbase.Their departure was scheduled for early the next morning so the pilots went off to their billets leaving a G...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on
murjax

murjax and multiplayer

I will try that sometime. I am also on akroma 66.105.121.185, and INFC 208.107.35.133. I don't have a mic so I won't be able to talk on teamspeak, but I will join so I can hear you. 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
murjax on
hms_endeavour

Awesome chopper!

Check out this chopper guys! I love them! Amazing dudes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTvcwqNn_UQ&mode=related&search=...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
yoyoman

Brand new video from yoyoman : "Brussels National"

Hello Dear Fly Away members, If you would produce a video about aviation and you want to have it spread widely, what would you do ? Any aviation videographer knows that he would upload it towards www.flightlevel350.com ! That's how my video "Early m...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
yoyoman on
lenin

I drew a picture------------->

I was bored just now so I decided to draw a picture of a ship: I didn't trace I just had a picture infront of me and I did it from that, what do you think: https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/23817/i-drew-picture_d475478be8ee7535ec926...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
johnpg6mm on
Flyguy41983

POSKY Problem

Whenever i download an aircraft from POSKY the scenery becomes all blurry and sometimes invisible. Does this happen to anybody? Any Comments? Brandon...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
David_MC on

SNOW DAY

I have a snow day too!!!!! 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 :groupwave: 👏 :haha: :yes: :banned: :drool: :secret: :rules: :punk: :punk: :rofl: ( From School!) ❗ ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7dream8liner7 on
David_MC

Google Maps Flight Simulator

http://www.isoma.net/games/goggles.html It is a flight simulator i discoverd earlier today. Any way here's the controlls A to speed up. Z to slow down. Arrow keys to move. Space bar to fire weapon. Any on with the description. It is a game tha...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on
brownbox

My new computer up and running

Finally my computer arrived and Im getting ready to load it up with FS9 and my other games! Heres the specs Dual Core Pentium D 930 3.0Ghz 3GB DDR2 533 RAM 200GB 7200rpm HDD Windows XP Pro DVD Writer Floppy Drive 😂 400W PSU Case with 12...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on
Madbrit

Hail damage

This is an old Boeing 727 after landing from a flight over Alberta, Canada on Friday 10 Aug 2006. On a night flight, around 11PM, Canadian 727 aircraft 705BX was cruising at 35,000 feet when it encountered hail the size of tennis balls. The pictures ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
overbanked

Real world flight plan w/questions

Here is some data from an actual flight plan for an S-80 via American Airlines. The data reads horizontally, but I will have to list it vertically here. The route leaves Chicago for Puerto Vallarta Mexico. There are actually about 18 waypoints but I wi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
overbanked on

Palm Springs Air Museum

nice pics...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
spitfiresrule on
lenin

videos

hi, i want to make me a fs video. How do i do it? I think my computer had moviemaker but i have no idea how to use it. I have some nice music as well to go with it thanks a lot...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilatflyr on
ytommy

I have a question about cessna 172s

Quack Moo Oink Wonk...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
earthqu8kes on

[ Poll ] should spirit airlines get some 757s?

i like airbuses better then any boeing...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilatflyr on
Spoty101

I fly for real\\\\Bed time?

I was reading this forum https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/23509/youve-been-playing-too-much-flightsim-when/ and mostly everything in there is true for me, especially the part where when I grow up I want to be a pilot but im 15 and I ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jamie4590 on
hinch

il-2 sturmovik - why fly warbirds in FS?

picked it up yesterday for £1.99, haven't put it down. it strikes me as odd that 5yrs later only some companies and flightsim itself are catching up with the sort of detail those planes have - the sounds, dynamics and cockpits are quite fantastic. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hinch on
Wayne K

Drunk Pilots

Hyepilot, Did you receive my email? I need to know if you are interested in the video proposition or not....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7dream8liner7 on
oreo005

Did you know...

Lets start a 'did you know?' topic! I'll go first... Did you know... The airplane six main parts–fuselage, wings, stabilizer (or tail plane), rudder, one or more engines, and landing gear? (umm... that was too obvious...) Your turn!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Faucett on
spitfiresrule

Trolls

I think that this thread is necassry due to the recent influx of certain guest posts. Here is a link to a website that describes what a troll is http://members.aol.com/intwg/trolls.htm The basic rundown of a troll is someone who makes posts just to win...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
TimH on
Alex The Guest

Need a Tow?

This amazing experiment was done by Volkswagen, with an Ex BA 747. http://www.automotoportal.com/article/volkswagen-touareg-successfully-tows-a-boeing-747 I suppose if i ever see a 747 broken down on the road i could tow it to the nearest service st...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
Chris102

The Ambassador Hotel

This is REALLY off-topic, but I thought that maybe someone in the Los Angeles area could help me out. I'm looking for any type of collectible from the Ambassador Hotel in LA - glasses, plates, ashtrays, fragments, ect. I know that they had an aucti...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
Fire_Emblem_Master

I'm an idiot

Well, I got a awesome picture of myself with a hunting sock on my head! Is it not the least awesome thing you've never wished to see?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on
RandomGuest

Should Concorde have ever been scrapped?

I have a DVD from the Itvv company, which happenned to come free with the FS2004 addon 'Concorde professional'. I found the DVD to be really interesting and some good pilots who takes the viewer through a flight from Heathrow to New york. Its a really g...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hinch on
CRJCapt

FLYBOYS-The movie

There's a new aviation movie coming out this month called FLYBOYS that looks good. It deals with pilots of World War I and the Lafayette Escadrille squadron. The website for the movie has a demo of the flight simulation game for free download, I suspect...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on

Post your Room/Setup of Flight Sim

Nice setup, joystick, flight yoke, tft screen, comfy chair, phone in your room ,nice aircraft models, if only i had a place like that, but the wife won't let me!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7dream8liner7 on

tailhook what happened to france?

Because it was too big, or he got sick of it. Who knows. Or he realized the French are annoying. ;) Btw what ever happened to the new signature limitations? I change mine to conform to the new rules yet I seem to be the only one. All talk from ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
CRJCapt

Anger management

With so much anger and frustration within the forum lately, I thought that a safe way to relieve stress would be nice. The link below is to a site where you can download Desktopgame. It's a small(1.22 MB), free program that allows you to use an assortm...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on
Welshflyer

Trojans!

I was downloading a file from Avsim earlier today and the "trojan detected and cleaned" box of my anti virus software appeared. Not knowing a lot about these things, would this trojan have come in by the backdoor so to speak or could it have been on the A...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Welshflyer on
CRJCapt

Hostile Skies Air Combat Game

Hostile Skies is a Flash game of WWI air combat. Quick, easy and nothing to download....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
pilotguy44

Yay!

I am finally an adult! Today is my 18th birthday! 😎...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hinch on
Jamie4590

Helecopter

Just wondering, Do helecoptors only fly VFR or can they fly IFR too?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
PanAmerican

US Airways offers $8 Billion to Delta

Heard on the news this morning that US Airways has offered Delta 8 Billion Dollars. I wonder, if they merge, how it would work out. US Airways is going all Airbus and Delta is going all Boeing. http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=196799&p=irol...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
robbier

Signature

guys, i have posted this in the past, but now it is really starting to get me mad. i have followed the instructions EXACTLY, no signature, just the text. i really need someone to show me how to put a picture in my signature. i have used greekmans scree...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
robbier on
lenin

schools

hi, I am wondering what american schools are like? My school in Britain is rubbish. it is from the 60's and is falling apart. paint peeling off the walls, carpet coming up and generally falling apart. We have 2 min-buses but one is broken so that leaves o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7dream8liner7 on
punko

Selling PlayStation 3

Im selling my new PS3, its completly new no openbox, the release date is the 17th, PLace your bids starting from 900 dlls If this is not allowed to do, please tell me and i just delete this post 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ARD-DC on
7dream8liner7

Work Shadowing Ideas

I just started my Career Education class on Monday, and I will have to work shadow somebody in the field that I would like to enter after graduating from college. I would like to work in the aviation field, but don't know exactly what. I would like to b...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
7dream8liner7

Rugters Football

For those of you who follow college football, or live in the New York area, what your opinions about the best season that the historic university has ever had. Being I live in the very close to the university/staduim (you can see the glow of the stadiu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
Sico2

B777 flaps.

Hiya all, http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0576045/M/ I know how flaps increase aircraft to stay in the air with very low speed etc, but as you can see on above mentioned image, the furthest (closest to the fuselage) flap are set up almost vertic...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Sico2 on
lenin

Favourite Film

whats yer favourite film? Mine is Goodbye Lenin directed by Wolfgang Becker. It is excellent and I hope you all see it because it is excellent. and yours?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
punko on
Page 10 of 26