Other forums: Off Topic

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

hinch

sexy new planes.

i was having a look at some aircraft mags (wh smiths in worcester sells specific private jet mags...) and there are some very nice and interesting bits coming. firstly this may be the first russian jet in service in america - which is odd because it lo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
buckman7111 on
buckman7111

A380 delay

The A380 superjumbo has been delayed yet again, this time pushing it into next year. It was supposed to be realeased with singapore airlines late this year. Appearently, they are having difficulty installing the wiring, which is setting them back. The re...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
buckman7111 on
-Jester-

Last Flight

Hey guys, I am going to do my LAST flight for Flight Simulator 9 :cry: soon but I need some ideas. 1.Type of Aircraft 2. Where 3. Should it bee more than one plane? 4. Military or Civ? thanks guys. And I will be makeing a video on it. -Nick...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
-Jester- on
Dejablue

Jetphotos help

ok, im trying to put a shot on jetphotos and it says "Note: Filenames containing non-standard characters, such as parenthesis (), asterisks *, brackets , etc. are not compatible with our database. Please remove non-standard characters and symbols from f...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dejablue on
brownbox

How exactly does reverse thrust work?

How does it work? In a programme i was watching, it folds a big flap behind the engine which forces the thrust forward. Someone explain please...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PIC1stOfficer on
crosscheck9

Charts for Europe

I was just wondering, does anyone have a main site worthy of a bookmark from which they obtain their European Charts? I've been having difficulty with this recently. The links on Vatsim are good for the most part, but the link to France, for example, le...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SteveT on
robbier

FIRST SNOW

robbier here! today minneapolis had their first snow! its still snowing now as i type it, and it is predicted to go under freezing and snow more as the night goes on...so i may wake up to a white ground! YAY!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PIC1stOfficer on
yoyoman

Airbus A-380 Deep freeze Testing (yoyoman)

Dear Fly Away Simulation members, It has been a while I visited you : That was back in June. I hope you are doing fine and that you had a nice summer period 😀 Perhaps I can suggest you a little break before you take off again with your pl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hms_endeavour on
CrashGordon

Crash in New York City

Depending on who you listen to, a small plane or helicopter crashed into a building near York and E. 71st st. From the look of it, there are flames coming from four windows in the building. When will they stop allowing unnecessary flights over heavily...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
Jamier

Problem with sig!

Hi guys just wondering who should i contact regarding a problem with my sig as ive tried laods of different ways to get pictures to show but it works for other people but doesnt work for me just shows text!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
pilotguy44

Yes!!

October 10th, 2006: My First Solo Flight I completed my first solo today! Place: Dutchess County Airport - KPOU (http://www.airnav.com/airport/KPOU) Aircraft: N6379M (Cessna 152) Time: About 3:30pm local. *The solo consisted of 3 circuits aro...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on
Liono

Family Fortunes Wrong Answers

A Boy's name beginning with the letter J: "Gerald.." A type of oil: "Sewing-machine oil.." A word beginning with Z: "Xylophone.." A slang word for a girl: "Slag.." An animal with horns: "A bee..." A medieval weapon: "Hand-grenade.." ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
CRJCapt

Flyboys-The game

Flyboys Squadron, the game based on the movie Flyboys, will be out 11/01/06. You can download a demo version at the site below. 🙂 ➡ http://www.flyboysgame.com/main.php...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hms_endeavour on
PIC1stOfficer

I wonder Bill Gates if you could...

...cut the price of FSX to $29.95 for the deluxe version and Vista? Rather than over charging and thinking your a kind giving fellow because you have so much extra money to give away. :poke:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PIC1stOfficer on
crosscheck9

PMDG FMC Information. Please help

I've been having some trouble recently with the PMDG 737NG's FMC. I have the 0608 AIRAC installed. I went to navdata.at and downloaded the latest SIDS/STARS, and I put them in to the PMDG's SIDSTARS folder. As a result, when I would try and input depar...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
crosscheck9 on
beerbadger

1 favour please, make me rich =)

May i ask you for a picture from google earth showing 2 planes using both runways at EGLL (heathrow) as ive made a bet with my science teacher, him saying that they only use 1 runnway for takeoff and landings. Thanks guys! 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cheechm on
Sico2

Landing gear position.

I was just going through some pictures and was wondering why different planes have different way of the landing gear position. A340s have main gear to the rear and centre gear to front, in 747s all gear is directed to the rear with centre ones really ha...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
UG_PL

Where are you from?

So I'm from Allen Texas ,15 miles from Dallas .I live in USA for 3 years. I lived in Poland (I was born there) for 13 years. So now I'm 16 (almost 17) what about you guys?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PIC1stOfficer on
its me liam!

help

i have installed fs 2002 yesterday but there is one problem i am not sure at the climb angle for most of the planes. 😕...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
its me liam on
JarJarBinks

Bad News

Sup people long time eh?....anway to the point... I broke me leg.... i broke it playing football for my school, we were playing the hardest team we were scheduled to play. It was a home game and i BIG RIVALLERY! but anyway it happened at the 37 ya...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hms_endeavour on
CrashGordon

I won't fly British Airways

Last year, a British airways 747 out of KLAX for EGLL, lost its number 2 engine shortly after takeoff. Rather than dump fuel over the ocean and reture, the pilot consulted with the company and elected to continue with the flight. He didn't choose to lan...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SeanGa on
its me liam

hi guys

hi guys i know that this is a bit weird but i was wondering if you could make me a signature its not for on here but for school in art i would love it if it had a nice plane on and my name (liam condliffe) with flight sim enthusiast on it, it would be gre...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
Jamie4590

New Job!

Well I've started a new job which means I'm tired all the time and way too tired to get in to a virtual cockpit. 😞 The good news for everyone though is I wont be able to post new and obscure threads here anymore. 😂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Liono

Turkish airliner in hijack drama

From the BBC...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Faucett on
cheechm

Sharepoint

I need something to show my anger! For those who design websites, or have even ever used Sharepoint (I don't know why you would (well I do but that ain't the point. . . . ) anyways. . . ) IT IS AWFUL! You can't actualy do anything. It makes me pull my ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Insight on
Madbrit

As Real As It Gets?

Want realistic scenery, realistic airctaft handling? Want to feel as though you're actualy in the air? This might be your alternative to FSX. (dead link removed)...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Madbrit on
Liono

Male Restroom Etiquette

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzO1mCAVyMw Very funny and so damm true....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
pilotwannabe

Aborted Take-Off

Hey, Interesting video.... ➡ (dead link removed) Apart from the somewhat "incorrect" and ridiculous commentry, it is a cool vid 😉...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
cheechm

Airliners.net

What is your favourite picture? Mine is this: https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/21314/airlinersnet_6f2004a7d8ff657bd9ca36f61c12d4bf.jpg Forgot to add: https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/21314/airlinersnet_f271c...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
brownbox

what the hell happened to my computer

i didnt do anything, and somehow some things have just stufed up completely. -For example, I cant see items in my recycling bin, but they are there because if i go to empty it, it asks do you want to delete these 95 items? -Disk defragmenter has just st...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
brownbox

new avatar

who likes my new avatar??! 😎...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
Sico2

Weird looking Canadian Boeing 707

Could anyone give more info about this bird... http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1117078/L/ What is it and why so weird looking and what Canadians use it for? Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
earthqu8kes on
SeanGa

[PIC]Trying to upload a photo to Airliners.net

Hey, I just registered as a photographer at www.airliners.net and yesterday I tried to upload a photo to their site though I have yet to see if it gets accepted or not. I'm really a newbie when it comes to photographs so it will probably not be accepted ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Insight on
Liono

Windows OS support

For those that want to know. Windows version & end of support date Windowsa NT4 1st Jan 2005 Windows 98 11 July 2006 Windows ME 11 July 2006 <<Also known as the Mistake Edition Windows XP SP ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Insight on
Jamie4590

Favourite Bird

Whats your favourite feathered bird? Mine is the Blackbird. I love the inquisitive way they look at you. I also like Crows because they rule the skys....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Sico2 on
SamIntel

Pay-Pal

I've sold a bunch of stuff on Ebay, and all the money is in my Pay-Pal account. I'm not quite sure how it works, but I think pay-pal will write me a check so that I can cash the money in the pay-pal account. Could someone familiar with Pay-Pal tell me j...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SamIntel on
simon123

dose your dog do this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cSRpu7bI04 bless him!!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
brownbox

a joke

A 747 jet takes off from the airport. Shortly after reaching cruising altitude the captain announces, "Ladies and gentlemen, we have just lost one of our engines.Luckily, the aircraft is designed to be able to run with 3 engines, but unfortunately it is g...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
lenin

internet.

For the last 2 days or so i was without internet. I thought i would be bored stupid but surprisingly it was refreshing. Not talking to anyone on msn or looking on the web. I actually liked it. I made some models and painted them. I also watched the movie ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
Chris102

KPSM

Does anyone on the forums here live near PSM? If so, do you know why VP-BDJ has been there for 54 days? Is it still there? Would you be kind enough to get a few photos?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on
Wing-man

I wish this vid was longer.

I could watch vids like this all day......... (Fighter Jets) (dead link removed)...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on
CrashGordon

Do you think they can understand this?

Can the folks who routinely mangle the english language hope to understand the following? 😂 Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
Insight

The Grace Spitfire @ Old Warden

A fantastic display site with a curved display line and a superb collection of aircraft... even a Bleriot (circa 1909) and a Boxkite flew at the end of the day, proper old skool aircraft... ANyway, ML407 aka The Grace Spitfire opened the day with an ab...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Insight on
Jamie4590

NDB Morse Ident

I was reading that in the real world pilots should constantly check the morse code ident of the NDB to ensure they are recieving the correct signal. Is this replecated in FS and is the morse code signals reliable in FS and a worthy learning tool?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
123pilot on
tomthetank

Top Gear

Richard Hammond a presenter on the UK TV show Top Gear has "suffered a "significant brain injury" after crashing a jet-powered car at speeds of up to 300mph during filming" http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/north_yorkshire/5367616.stm Here is a cli...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hinch on
brownbox

what should i use for signature?

this, https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/21142/what-should-i-use-for-signature_b9d7c96b01dbeaa6bc4033d8aec4590a.jpg this, https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/21142/what-should-i-use-for-signature_ea0d01288c1ca8aef...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on
hms_endeavour

Alternative to paint

Hey, can somebody quickly find me an alternative to paint? just something with wich i can draw and paint.thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jamie4590 on
brownbox

notebook memory upgrade

hi all, I am planning to upgrade my laptops 1gb ram to 1.5 or maybe 2. Just wondering, would it be worth it and would I noticce a change in my gaming? cheers...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on
Wing-man

FREE* Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 3.4E GHz

Genuine ❓ or a con ❓ I'm in the U.K. so I can't enter a zip code just to read what it's all about. ( I was just curious ) 🙄 http://www.onlinerewardcenter.com/rd_p?p=113082&t=636&gift=962&a=962-intel%20pentium%20iv...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jamie4590 on
Jamie4590

Airport Legs

This might sound a stupid question but I'm a little confused with the different legs flown when vectoring an airport. Does the cross wind leg and the down wind leg change depending on the wind direction at the airport or are they always the same at every ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
crosscheck9 on
Page 12 of 26