Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

WF

FSX GPS REAL LIFE UPDATES

I am looking for real life updates for the GPS in FSX. I have tried several sites, but their updates are not current.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Al312

Kiosk mode modification - add picture

Hello again, I'm in the process of trying to import an add-on aircraft into the Kiosk mode of FSX.  All has gone well except for adding a picture to the Kiosk home screen.  I have taken a screen shot, reduced it to the proper dimensions and saved it as...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Al312 on
Davidflies

No aircraft textures

Installing either payware or freeware aircraft in FSX there are no textures.  No VC textures or outside textures.  Gauges in VC show up but that is it....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
trevor235

FSX stopped responding to attack 3 joystick

FSX running in windows 10 suddenly stopped responding to attack 3 joystick.  It works OK from keyboard and joystick calibration is OK.  I have rebooted pc and disconnected and reconnected joystick without success.  What do I do now?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
TH1Flyer

KeyBoard Assignments for FSX

Has anyone figured out how to program a keybord or Flight Control button/bottuns to plus or minues the heading hold selector ? I am flying the default Beechcraft King Air 350 Using FSX DVD Box version...... Thanks ! AND ya its on my home made cockpit buil...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Al312

Using FSX on different machines

Hello again.     I have been using FSX Acceleration on a Windows 10 Home computer.  I have purchased another Windows 10 Home machine intended to be a dedicated gaming machine for FSX.  Is it possible to use original FSX/Acceleration on both machin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Rok

DLC crash to desktop no report

I bought a DLC for FSX (airbus 320/321) and when I try to load one of the aircarfts from the DLC the crashes. Need help...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Al312

Missing / Corrupt Files

Hello, When starting FSX I get 2 dialog boxes relating to missing or corrupt files.  How they got this way, I have no idea.  The dialog boxes read: SCENERY.CFG file error.  Invalid Remote scenery path in scenery Area 110. Click OK to continue. S...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Enko on
NO NAME aMBURN

is there a telephone number for support on microsoft flight

Is there a telephone number ofr support of Microsoft Flight Simulator X...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
toby robison

de havilland in free flight

can you use de havilland in free flight...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
rmenaf

Trees at the beginning of the runway!

Hello, There are several airports where the program puts trees right at the beginning of the runway thresehold!!! Very tall trees right before landing, really??? Trees??? Conifers in Cancun???  Some other airports don't have trees but they do have an...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Scotty Huey Flyer

Fatal error occurred when I open FSX

I was having problems with aircraft being WHITE with no texture. I was told to uncheck the "Preview in DirectX10" window. The textures worked but the ATC window was all blurry and unreadable. They said on here to check video card. I updated my AMD video c...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Saabotr

FSX Randomly Minimizing

Hi All- I'm enjoying FSX very much except for one consistently annoying problem. In mid-flight, FSX randomly minimizes (does not exit or crash). I can still see that it is running on the tool bar and the task manager. When I click on it to maximize,...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ReedMaxson on
fsx1

Easter Eggs

Does anyone know any good easter eggs in FSX beside the rewards? If you do post here....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
Al312

Is there a Kiosk mode in FSX?

Hello, I'm maintaining Flt Sim computers for a museum. We've used the Kiosk mode of FS9 for years with great success. We would like to upgrade to FSX for the better graphics. Does FSX contain a Kiosk mode? If so where can I find it? If not, what wou...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Al312 on
444Pilot

PilotEdge software for beginners and professionals

Hello, I am looking for honest and frank assessments from anyone who has used, or who use the PilotEdge software. Thank you in advance. Kind Regards, Gordon...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
444Pilot on
Afonso Assuncao

I dont have my Aircraft.cfg file!

Hello pilots, i've been flying in FSX for a while and today i wanted to add a skin of my favourite company, which is TAP from Portugal. I went to see a video to learn how i would do it, and it said that i needed to copy something to a filed called "aircra...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
bounce741

Problem installing FSX

Hey guys/girls. Im trying to instll FSX but my DVD drive wont read the disc, the light just keeps flashing. Im not brilliant with computers, but i can normally work things out. Im not missing anything am I? Cheers in advance Bounce...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ernestomedina346 on
DavidMM

Re-installation of FSX Deluxe Addition on Windows 10 - Help

FSX was installed when I had Windows 7. I upgraded to Windows 10, and it still worked well. However I uninstalled it from my C: drive to reinstall it on a new, bigger, faster, SDD drive. After solving the IDRIVER. EXE issues, I get the opening installatio...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
David Cook

Area 51 C-5M

Night Vision...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

SP2 Not showing up in FSX after install. Windows 10

Need help ! Before I started the Add on quest I had downloaded SP 2. Ran it went from my Windows 10 general download folder thru set up...... Thought all was good. Added airport scenery design. Made a couple of airports. Now I want to get on vATSIM.... Ca...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
rotorhead72

Transmit and receive ATC

Can I assign a button on my yoke to transmit and receive from ATC...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
ronclarke

Reverse thrust?

Can somebody tell me which keys and how to use reverse thrust on FSX please? Ron...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ronclarke on
Martok

FSX every plane tilts to the left

Hello, I just found your forum and it seems the right place to get help. I played FSX before, on the same PC but with another controller. Since I re-installed the game, every plane, in any condition and any realism setting tilts to the left in flight. J...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Scott Munroe on
Vern Fernandez

Stuttering issue

Hi, a few months ago FSX started stuttering. It happened randomly overnight. One day it was fine, next day it wasn't. No updates or anything that could alter my computer of FSX were done around this time. The stuttering looks like the game is jumping aro...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Vern Fernandez on
Heeien

Use mouse yoke axis for both "Ailerons" and "

The title says it all. How do I configure my Left/Right mouse yoke axis to control both Ailerons and Rudder at the same time? So that when i'm landing, I could control the Rudder more easily. I remember my FSX worked this way, but I don't remember how I d...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
wasim on
falconxxx

Limited Options

Has anyone completed the mission titled limited Options on flight simulator X?...I have landed on Hanimaadhoo successfully but have not been able to reach the airport at Male, I keep arriving about 15 miles too short.....tried all kinds of different desce...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Groydddd on
CoertGross

Scenery Library in fsx missing

Hi every one, i'v got two problems, one, my scenery area in FSX scenery library is empty, thou the enabled tick column is ticked. this is from priority 1 to 245. Problem two is "C: users;coert ;appdata;roaming The appdata and roaming is not there. Being f...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
tucmeanu

FSX second copy activation

Hy. how can I activate a second copy of FSX..... please!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Liammarkhamm

Add-Ons Not Working at all!

I have installed some Add-Ons for FSX and none of them are working, this involves Repaints, Sound and Gauge involved mods. I have disabled Direct X 10 and it still does not work. I have searched high and low on the internet and I have found no solution. M...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Barrie Goldsmith on
chinny4290

FSX Problem: Cannot see pop-up content in cockpit

Hi guys! Newbie to the forums but by no means a flying newbie. So I recently decided to fireup FSX again and event went as far as purchasing QualityWings 757 and FSPassengers. However, ever since I installed FSX, I have not been able to see any c...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Marcussssssss on
Guestk320

HELP! I have a problem with land/sea textures! light blue?

Can anyone who knows about FSX a lot to help me overcome a problem where the land(mainly by the coast and all sea underneath or around the aircraft doesn't show up!) I see light blue covering the sea/land???? Has anyone had this problem with textures befo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Steve Gad on
Edmeister

Lost Photos from pilot records

Hey guys! Somehow I deleted my photos in pilot records. Is there any way that I can retreive them? Thanks in advance, Edmeister 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
SAF

Which key displays FPS?

I thought the R key was used to view FPS, but nothing happens when I press this key. Which key is it? SAF...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on

invisible terminal buildings @ ksea

so i have a problem i downloaded taxi2gate ksea and had a problem so i uninstalled it. Then when i load fsx the default scenery has jetways and signs but no airport terminals/buildings. what shall i do??? thanks for the help 😕 €...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Zing

Flyaway's mod

Hi, So when I look at certain mods I look at the type and it says: complete with base model. What does this mean please help 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Zing on
Rubi61

Airplane folders on Steam edition FSX

Hej Guys. Meanwhile I have downloaded so many airplanes, that it is almost impossible anymore to have a clear overview. I would love to hav esome folders I could create and then - let's say have a prop folder, an specific airline folder and so on. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rubi61 on
lionlicker

SABA : Shortest Commercial Runway on earth

Here is good place to practice shortfield T.O. and landings. SABA in the Dutch Antilles Islands. Found out about this from a doco that was on TV lately - The scariest airports in the world You will be in for a surprise - - I will not say anything - - b...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Simmy

Push back problem

I posted this earlier but have not solved the problem. Push back works in FSX but pressing 1 or 2 does not turn the airplane. It works fine in FS9 on the same computer. Is there a file I can go to to alter or add a setting to cure this? Simmy...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bernardo Lpez on
andrew8902

FSX USS Intrepid museum

Hi. I can't seem to find the USS Intrepid on the Hudson river in FSX. There is a cruise ship though? Can anyone help? Cheers...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Bill Nelson

Carenado add ons, Citation 525 CJ2

Experiencing an issue when loading Carenado 525 CJ2. Have loaded numerous Carenado aircraft, Seneca V, PA-46, Piper Cheyenne, Citation 550 Sll and most recently, Phenom 100. All the add-ons operate just fine except the CJ2. Had loaded the CJ2 previ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Av8rr1

FSX Compatibility

Question is, are all versions of FSX Delux Edition the same. Whether you bought early or later, were there any changes to the software that might effect the way it operates with Windows 10 ? I don,t see all the options that are called for when loaded, ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
ChuckPCpilot

Thanks RadarMan I'll check that info out.

Thanks all for your info, however, after looking around, I've decided to buy Active Sky Product for FSX...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
mat3329

How to make planes flyable

Hi, I would like to know where I could find what I need to be able to fly the MD-83 and DeHavilland Dash 8 AI planes in FSX. I've been looking everywhere for the panels and all but cant quite seem to be able to put my hands on them. I'm also looking for ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Brian Rushfeldt on

Turning on Pushback

how do i get to turn on push back i no its shift and p but when i press 1 or 2 or 3 nothing ever happens how do i do it?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
william21 on
william21

737 navigation display in 747-400

could it be possible to take the navigation display from 737-800 and use them in the 747-400, i would like to fly around with the 747's but i just hate the fact that the you cant see the flightplan in the 747 ND, and i constantly have to bring up the dagg...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
william21 on
Thomas Manusos

Trouble with pushing back from the gate

😀 What do I have to do to push back from the gate on Flight Simulator X Steam Edition instead of going directly to the runway for take off?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
744simpilot

How to turn right and left when pushing back?

i don't know how to do it . thx for help....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
Simmy

Cannot get Push back to work

I have a problem with the push back. I can get the plane to push back but pressing the 1 or 2 key makes no difference to the direction. The plane will not turn. Any ideas please Simmy...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
Michaelvg1

Pushback Vehicle?

Why is that when I select Shift P for pushback, the plane moves by itself? There is no vehicle visable pushing it?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
Page 5 of 66