Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Captain_Jon_Stanley

New FSX Pilot

Hello everyone, My name is Jon Stanley I am a 21 y/o Firefighter / Security Officer from Canada. I have just purchased FSX and am looking forward to training my flight skills. Just a little about me. I have served 1 year in Afghanistan as a Fire...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Shaney

FSX - Scenery is see through problem

Hi All, Just wondering if anyone can help me out with a scenery transparency problem. Basically on some flights I can arrive at my destination and certain parts of the scenery is see through. For example at LGAV the terminal building is not there, ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
W3CPR

Airport ILS annunciator

I have been running into an annoying problem. It seems when I approach runway 09R at KPHL using a flight plan from KABE to KPHL with the PMDG MD-11, all of a sudden the airport annunciator comes on and continues to give me all the runway's that are open ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
JO21

landing help

Hello 🙂 can anyone help me with landing. I have seen in fight simulator X that while landing we can create an imaginary loops for the aircraft which helps us to glide down and can match the aircraft with runway, can anyone help me how to turn on ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CaptainK49 on
Boeing717-200

How do I add missions in FSX?

Hello. I want to add missions to a mod I have downloaded, but I don't know how! Can anyone help me? That would be great! thanks, Parker -Why Need ROBLOX When you Have Camel-...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Tavsed

HONDA JET VIRTUAL COCKPIT GLASS REFLECTION

Hi every one I downloaded Honda Jet. it is a great aircraft, the only problem is that there is shadow or reflections on the virtual cockpit . If you notice, you will see a thick band of shadow or reflections that covers the windshield of the cockpit fr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tavsed on
terrence12380

A cool addon for fsx

Hi i have Ultimate traffic 2 and sometimes the atc can't handle the traffic. I think it would be super cool if we could be the atc controlling. It would seem easy to be ground or tower. Being approach would obviously be more difficult as would clearence d...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
terrence12380 on
toddbreda

Anyone else have the alphasim SR-71?

I recently purchased the FSX-ready SR-71 from AlphaSim and the level of detail and flight dynamics is incredible. In fact, almost too good. It comes with an extensive flight manual that they recommend mentally consuming before flying. The wording is taken...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
miceky81

sas airbus a330-300

where can i found that plane a330-300 freeware vesion???...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
KT Sanjay

How to get Main panel display (Pilot & FO) in Dual monit

Hi, I'm using MSFSX with Win 7,64 bit OS for B767 Level D simulation, using multiple Monitors for Display. Using Matrox digital card I'm not able to get main panel display for pilot and copilot side on dual monitors. On selection to main panel it onl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Anthony Murray

FSX keeps freezing on me

I have been a msflight user since day one until now, I have FSX running in Windows 7 64 bit Asus latest M/B quad core processor 16gb ram with AMD Radeon HD 7800 video card my problem has recently decided to occur I can fly all day doing circuits at Frida...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
leggy

Plane Smoking

Hi everyone i have been using fsx for sometime now and purchased x plane 10 which i used for a while before going back to fsx. Problem i have now is when the plane is parked awaiting pushback etc the engines are smoking really bad and i am getting strange...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
leggy on
hammerdag

vertical spirals in the sky

during clear sunny conditions I keep getting these vertical spirals in the sky....what's causing this???? thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Live

Problem Planes

Hello to all, First of all, before you start writing your question, I tell you that I'm Italian so sorry for my English but use a translator. Well, my problem is that if I install an aerial or better amount in the folder (C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Mi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

Does Flight Simulator 10 or Fsx work on Windows 8.1

So I have seen a lot of questions about the compatibility of Fsx on Windows 8 and windows 8.1 especially. So I bought my laptop this new year and I can tell you that Fsx was the first thing that I installed, BOTH service packs were installed and my sy...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Bob C.

Visual flight path for VFR?

Greetings. Is there any way to turn on the Virtual Flight Path when flying VFR? According to the documentation, it's only available for IFR but I was wondering if there's a way around this. My descents kind of suck and I would like to be able to turn on t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bob C. on
GaryQ

Traffic Settings ?? No Planes at Gates, No ATC except to me.

Good Morn. all, Seems I have done something ?? regarding settings in FSX. I used to have planes at the gates when I landed, and could set for heavy or light ATC traffic. I do have ATC to my plane and Gate instructions upon landing. I have cha...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
conniegeo1

Marker Lights are square boxes

My Marker lights are square boxes instead of lights 737-800 😳...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
guest_5430

computer for fsx?

I have a m17xr3 I use for FSX, most of the time I am fine running FSX, but after installing new scenery, and a buildup of tons of a/c over the years FSX really drags my system down especially over heavily populated areas. My current spec is; 580m ca...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bill Denny on
Roger Wigram

Flight video problem

Can someone please tell me why I often get the following message when I try to review a video recording after a flight: X Run time Error Programme C:\Programme Files R6025 pure virtual function call OK Why do I get this (not every time, but most...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Bob C.

FSX Acceleration engine start

Greetings. How do I start a free flight in a single or double prop plane with the engine(s) off? I'd like to start the engine myself. I always start from a gate and taxi to my runway but the flight always starts with the engine(s) already running. I've be...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Adolph_Galland

Engine problems in FSX

Out of the blue, the aircraft in my library aren't turned on when I choose one to fly. I checked my throttle and it's calibrated. I have a button on my throttle designated to turn on engines. It starts the engines but they don't stay engaged and eventuall...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jonnieb57 on
konsei

Fsx ree Insall Windows 7

Ihave a Original FsX Deluxe Edition , wich workt Perfact on Windows XP3.Nauw I got mi self A Nwu Computer wit Windows 7 after Instalig it wokt only SO LA<LA So Itryd To Validate with the Product KEY. After 101 Cals To The Microsoft help Desc Iwas Tol...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Daniel Watkins

Blank (Invisible) menu bar and when right click FSX

Please help me.. When I load up FSX, during flight mode, when I right click on the screen.. the options show but there are all invisible (No writings, only arrows). I actually took a screen shot of it as shown on the link. You can see that when I right cl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Nevada

Best 737 addon?

Straight to the point. what's the best 737 addon on the market I can use and learn with? Payware preferably. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

Where to download SP1?

Where can i get SP1? Thanks for any help 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
driley5

Windows 8 compatibility

Will FSX be compatable with windows 8?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

FSX Not Responding

Hi I got FSX for Christmas and it was working fine. Then one day I go to start it up and I get the screen before it goes into the game and it like wont load. I press CTRl+ALT+Delate and it says that FSX is NOT RESPONDING Could anyone help me out with this...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
fsxman on
pdegraff

FSX in Spot Plane mode: Fine adjustments?

Is there a way to make small adjustments to the viewpoint when in spot plane mode? If I use just the 2 or 8 keys the viewpoint jumps too far, down with key 2 and up with key 8 - and often does not return to a direct, on-axis, astern view. 😕 P...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pdegraff on
ablackhawk2

Cannot change airplanes

Hi, My problem is I cannot change airplanes after the default has started at the startup screen. When I select a different plane the FSX freezes. The default flight starts fine. The only thing I have done since it last worked was update my navigraph ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
symbolman

Fatal Error FSX is restarting

Hi, Anybody had anything similar to this in free flight? It doesn't happen every flight - but is very annoying when it does to say the least. I have closed general background programmes down - but it still did it tonight. With FSX I am running AI Smo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
John1231 on

Product Activation Error

Hi I have joined the forum but cannot seem to log in. Anyhow I cannot get my new copy of FSX re-activated. This is especilly irritating as I gave a talk this morning on my time as a Tristar training captain on the aircraft and simulator and wanted to use...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
thejam20

Skipping bits on the journey on free flight

Is there a way of skipping any part of the journey on free flight? i know its a simulator so its supposed to be real so at the moment im flying from my home aitport ( plymouth uk ) to closer airports, ive done Paris, and even south Spain which took over ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Frances Dorothy Webb

microsoft flight simulator x issues with reactivation

I have recently purchased a black widow SL-6640 flight stick, and had some issues with the game coming up with an error when the stick was plugged in! I reinstalled the game and tried to re activate the game online but the game just came up with an error ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
chatnyurur

FSX Acceleration Fatal Error??

Hi everyone. I have a problem about fsx acceleration. After the installing fsx acceleration, im getting this error: When i open the ctrl+alt del, dxdiag is working. And when i terminate it, fatal error occurs again. Somebody says the reason of the pr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
autenje on
nichos

FSX will not install

Worked OK in win8 for ages. Had to reinstall Win8 & now FSX will not install in it, please see attachments. Tried 2-3 times. I am dual booting with XP & it works OK in XP https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/38650/f...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
W3CPR

PMDG MD-11 and ILS

I have been trying to land at KEDW on runway 22 using the PMDG MD-11 and an ILS frequency of 110.10, however, the PMDG MD-11 does not pick it up automatically. The PMDG-MD-11 does however pick up the VOR frequency of 116.40. However, the PMDG 747-400 do...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
W3CPR on
Zesty42

FSX Keeps Crashing

I have FSX Gold Edition. It has worked flawlessly since December and now, whenever I go into Free Flight, the aircraft loads up and in about 3 seconds it freezes saying A Fatal Error Occurred. I followed the instructions given to me by a person in the Avs...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
veshagoo on
Anish Agarwal

FSX add ons and installation probelm.. Please help!!

I have been using fsx for quite some time but this is some unique problem I am facing. I currently have my computer in two partitions windows 7 and windows 8, earlier I only had windows 7 and use to play on that but recently had to format my system. After...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

FSX - views

Being a fan of all the previous FS versions, it has taken me a long while to get round to using FSX. One problem is the external aircraft view which seems very limited. Before you could view your flyable aircraft easily and creat a view by choosing the di...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
unit5168

Broken FSX

I was trying to reset my FSX by deleting the fsx.cfg file. After I deleted that FSX was exatly the same, but now it won't start. Does anyone know how to replace the fsx.cfg file, or do I need to uninstall and reinstall FSX?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Saman56

Question about Weather

Hey everybody, I'm new to FSX and I have a question. Lets say I'm doing a flight from SFO to DUBAI. Will the weather change from day to night and on during the flight, or will it stay daytime for the whole time?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lionlicker on
veshagoo

lost all airports in fsx

hi..i installed world of ai..it didnt work so i uninstalled it..now i dont have any fsx airports, just the pads and runways, no terminals or buildings...i did the repair fsx from the disk....then i couldnt get fsx to even start..BUT i uninstalled sp2 and...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PWB on
nichos

FSX error: 0x80040702

Hi, FSX will not install again giving this new error below. Can you help on this too please. https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/38667/fsx-error-0x80040702_c253e27bcc356d581e6ab909f3b9a76f.jpg...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Adolph_Galland

Box Lights in FSX

Out of the blue, all of my lights, from landing lights to streets and airplane lights, are surrounded by a boxed halo of light. Any way I can get rid of them?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Mustangfreak

FSX will not install!

Ok, so I put a legitimate copy of Windows 7 on my machine in hope that it would fix my problems with shutting off randomly. Well now for 2 weeks, I can't get FSX to install again. I keep getting this annoying message, EVERY time!!! https://forum.flyaw...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Ianmueke

HOW TO FLY WITH THE FMC AS AN AUTOPILOT???

How do you use the fmc to fly like the way you use an autopilot. Thats the honeywell fmc not the one by PMDG. 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Ianmueke on
W3CPR

AIRAC waypoint deletion

The newly dowloaded AIRAC file installs correctly, however it appears that it has removed previous waypoints. Now it would seem to me that when installing a new AIRAC update that the previous waypoints would be left alone and only new ones would be added...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
W3CPR on

food trucks

hi!!! how are you? good! i gots a question. i see food trucks in the airports, but they dont come to me. does anyone know about this?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Mealone on
Smadlad

Error 1935 roll back action installing fsx on w7/64bit

i get the following error while it configure ms 2005 C++ redistributed Error1935.An error ocurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.MSXML2,publicKeyToken="6bd6b9abf345378f",version="4.1.0.0",type="win32",processorArchitecture="x86"'. Ple...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tim Weatherford on

66 pages with 3285 questions.

previous1234567891011121314151617181920212223...6566next
Page 13 of 66