Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Dylan McTurk

steering my aircraft on the taxiways

When I use the keyboard on my lap top the left and right arrows to steer the aircraft which im used to but it wont let me steer the aircraft now unless I use the rudder which is annoying as im not used to it. I've been playing flight simulator for years n...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
britvisc

Traffic360

For the kind attention of Radar Man My sim saviour I Downloaded this App because the write up was impressive, my only criticism is the installation help document, very involved. I tried to follow it but feel I have missed something important. I h...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
jonny ULI

clé d'activasion FSX

j'aimerais que quelqu'un me donne une clé d’activation surs FSX Gold Edition car on me la prêter et la clé a été utilisé trop de fois donc j'ai appeler mais le numéro c pas bon donc svp donnez moi une clé d’activation :cry: :cry: :cry:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jonny ULI on
britvisc

Missing Menu Bar

I mistakenly selected full screen from the top menu bar. Since then the whole menu bar is missing !!!! I have tried everything to reinstate it even a complete reboot..........result nothing. Radar Man, I bet you dread me and my problems appearing h...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
britvisc

Traffic 360 Download

I recently downloaded the above but I cant find the user manual. Radar Man, can you help please ?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
britvisc

GPS Display

Some flights are very long so I utilise the map view, then click on the aircraft to move it much further on. Placing it as close to track as possible. BUT I notice the magenta track is now white, not alive? Have tried flying directly over next way-poi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Mathias Frederik Antonsen

What Graphic Card Is Good Enough?

Hello again! Yesterday I asked about what I had to improve with my PC so i could run FSX smoothly with Aerosoft's Oslo 2.0, PMDG 737 NGX and Aerosoft's My Traffic.. You said that I had to upgrade my video card to a video card with 2GB, so now my quest...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Mathias Frederik Antonsen on
Mathias Frederik Antonsen

FSX Freezes...

Hello again.... I asked you about what graphic card that i should buy to run FSX smootly 2 days ago.. I was going to buy Aerosoft's PMDG 737 NGX and My TRaffic, but I haven't done it yet... Because now, an another problem has happened... When I play FSX, ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
kevin_1990

controls on xbox 360 pad

Hey I just bought this game and i dont have a joystick and dont want to use my keyboard so desided to use an xbox pad i have noticed there is alot of controls in the game. what is the main controls u need in the game and what button do you asign them t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Vernibob` on
Miller Pichon

How do I convert an FSX Video from .avi format to .mp4

I'm going to start a Flight Simulator video series, and I'm concerned because when I record a video, it always plays back as a .avi video. How do I convert the video from .avi to .mp4? 🙄...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jackerery on
andmog

Transfer Effectiveness Ratio

Hi, Please, could anyone help me to find the transfer effectiveness ratio of flight simulator? Thank you in advance. Best Regards, Andrea...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
andmog on
Frag

Yakutat Mail Run stories

I am very interested in hearing other people's experiences with this mission. I have done all the expert missions with fixed wing aircraft except for the red bull one, and I am ready to deem this as the hardest mission in FSX. Makes all the other missions...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
787 on
AviSloth

Saitek Switch Panel

Hello. I recently received a brand new Saitek Switch Panel. I have downloaded the latest version of the driver, and it works just fine on the test page. Lights and all. The problem is, when I start FSX, it simply doesn't detect that it is there. I loo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
AviSloth on

question sur flight simulator

bonsoir je vous explique mon probleme l autre jour j ai voulu faire un petit menage dans mon flight simulator et je pense avoir jeter quelque chose d important lorque je veut faire dla fumée avec mes avions elle est toujours noir et elle sort en c...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Mavix

I need fsx.exe

Can anyone send me the fsx.exe file, or give me a link to a website where I can download it? In a moment of madness I patched it with a program that I downloaded and now it gives an error message whenever I try to start it. I would re-install fsx, but my ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
need a fsx.exe forgold ed on
Mustang Voodoo1

Takeoff configurations

Hello all, I am new to this forum so if I do NOT follow etiquette please advise and I will adjust my query accordingly. A bit of background is in order: On 16 August 1987, along with my Aunt Ginger, boarded a Continental aircraft with service from D...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Mustang Voodoo1 on
leinsters

FSX Performance & a Returning Flightsimmer

Hi there - I am returning to MS flight sim after nearly ten years away and just installed FSX. I have been playing a lot of DCS A10C and Mig21 where performance on my machine is excellent. I am currently severely disappointed at the performance of ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
FSXfan64

FSX PA-28 Unused Damage Model?

Hey everybody. I was playing FSX's all new Steam Edition today when I noticed something strange about this AI-only airplane. It seems that under the wings and tail there are torn cables / snapped part of the metal frame modeled. Here are images: htt...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
RMadow

Upgrading from FSX to FSX Gold

I'm upgrading FSX to FSX Gold. Are there any precautions I need to be concerned about? Am I better off installing Gold over my existing installation? Can I retain my addons? I especially don't want to lose all my rewards/certificates and all my l...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
angelos1954

Water textures on FSX are sky blue and flat

Good morning, A few days ago, while using my flight sim x deluxe version, all textures appeared normal or enhanced, except for the water, which had no texture and appeared as old crate paper...flat with jagged edges. My FSX allows for a preview of Di...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
GTOrange

Quick ADF question FSX

Hey guys. Can the Rotatable Card on the ADF be assigned to a button in FSX? for example the rotatable card on either ADF or VOR on the standard C172? Or is there a hotkey for it? Thanks!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
britvisc

A340 from Simshack

Really looked foreward to getting this. Placed in cdrom drive for autorun...........much working noise from the drive..........then nothing. Tried D:\start.exe............much working noise plus flashing cdrom icon (must be ok this time??) then........n...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Glenlek

737 fuel consumption

Flying the 737 with FsPassenger, my fuel consumption is extremely high. The flight log says consumption from Sinapore to Phuket Thailand should be just over 7,800 lb, but when I arrive I've used over 18,000 lb. Plane is clean, (flaps up, spoilers retra...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
britvisc

Default start up screen

Can anyone advise how to set a start up scenario. ie On the ramp All engines shut down Doors open I can save flights but when I load them they are with engines running and brakes off. I just like to add a bit more reality by starting from scratch w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
can anyone help me??????

pmdg 777 with dx10 problem

http://imagebucket.flyawaysimulation.com/?v=1bxqj.jpg\ the problem is when i select directx 10 in fsx setting, than i open pmdg777 will happen this situation. how to solve it...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
rcslingshot

Error 1935 during fsx installation

Hello Im running on a windows 7 lenovo and just as fsx is publishing product info in fsx installation i get error 1935 and it rollsback. What ive done is turn off my computer when i got the error and the files were there but id have to go into the folder ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Ron Madow

2D Views using W key

In 2D cockpit view, using the W key changes your cockpit view. when doing this, I cycle through till NO cockpit controls are showing. Then looking at outside views, I used to be able to see everything with no part of the aircraft exterior showing. Now my ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
jim beale

EMMO fsx in win7

Hi Guys. Is there a fix Memony errors thats works. I been flying about 10yrs only gone Virtual last 4months,running into Out of Memory crashes after about 1hr 30 min of flight time. Fsx Deluxe being used,I have just gone to Z97 Board anniversity +Inte...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Flyaway

Backing up FSX Logbook and Rewards

Backing up the logbook Windows XP File name: Logbook.BIN Location: C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\ Windows Vista/7 File name: Logbook.BIN Location: C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Flight S...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
colonel henderson on
rvham

reinstalling FSX on another computer

I have FS X Deluxe installed on my laptop where it doesn't run very well. I want to uninstall it and reinstall it on a more powerful computer. I have read the knowledge base regarding activation. It states that a second activation is provided for this ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
JamieMann

MS Flight Simulator X Graphical Requirements

Hello, I'm new to FSX and I've only just bought the game, though I've been watching it and playing other flight sims. I currently have a desktop PC running off of the CPU's integrated graphics (Intel HD 4600). I am wondering whether FSX will run at a d...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
TheFlyingPolak

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit Flight Simulator X crashing

I have a frustrating problem with my game. When I'm playing and I press esc to bring up the menu, it doesn't come up and instead the screen stays black, the loading cursor is on and eventually the game crashes, with a message saying "A fatal error occured...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Jake Minihan

Please can I have help with troublesome AI?!

Hi there FlyAwaySimulation! I know about all the bad bits of making a user aircraft in FSX into AI (Frame rate loss, weird actions etc etc) but I really want to use the FSX XPac EH101/ Merlin to populate the nearest RAF base to me (RAF Benson!)... is the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jake Minihan on
Jake Minihan

Military AI Works problem and default traffic!

So, basically I have added in some Military AI Works traffic and this works in correlation with the fsx default traffic; how do I remove fsx default traffic without stopping the Military AI works traffic? WOAI doesn't work, and neither does removing the a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jake Minihan on
Peter Dungan

fsx navaids/level d 767 fsx airac

I have ordered flight simulator x gold edition and am going to order the level d 767 for fsx online also,but do the fsx navaids(vors,waypoints,airways)and the airac that comes with the level d 767 for fsx have to be the same for the level d FMC to work? ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Peter Dungan on
Miller Pichon

User Aircraft Labels: How do I view them?

On FSX, in the settings under "Graphics", I click the "User Aircraft" checkbox to view my aircrafts' labels (The colored text above a random airplane in flight), but no text appears above my aircraft! :umm...: How do I make it so that text appears above ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Miller Pichon on
AceOfSpade

IS FSX windows 7 compatible

Hi, I purchased FSX for my xp system, dual core, 32 bit, 2 mb ram. Simulator worked fine. Now I have an 8 core, 34 bit, 16mb ram, upgraded graphics card, game constantly freezes up or not enough virtual memory, etc.... I have graphics display on lo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Miller Pichon on
sonicninja

ORBX not impressed

Hi guys, having just got myself up and running on FSX with my new system i have been sampling ORBX and too be honest im not that impressed I've had multiple issues with aircraft dissapearing, sky turning black and all sorts of rubbish. I've searched thro...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sonicninja on
idkmyname440

HELP!!! All Fighter Jets Fly Slower At Higher Altitudes???

Ok. So iv'e been having this problem with FSX ever since I got it like 3 years ago. Whenever I fly jets, no matter which one, I can't get it to fly or accelerate at high altitudes nearly as fast as it does at low altitudes. I know it should be the opposit...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Davandor

how do i access the product key which program is using

I have flight sim installed on my laptop but will want to install it on my new computer soon but I can't find the box with the product key - is there some way I can find this from the actual game itself on my current laptop - I've looked in settings but c...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
andymil

can you run fsx on 2 computers?

hi guys, i just installed fsx on my main computer and connected to the net to activate it. I am wondering, I also have a laptop, can i also install and use fsx on that or can you only activate it once? thanks Andy...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JimP on
Arjun Bendre

Installation of POSKY aircraft for FSX

Hi all, I was wondering whether anyone knew how to contact the curator of the POSKY archive: Lorenzo Aiello? Anyway, whilst installing POSKY aircraft in FSX, do I have to install the base package and then any liveries that I want to install, or just...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Arjun Bendre on
Arjun Bendre

Realistic flight settings

Hi all, I know that British Airways operate a service from Gatwick (EGKK) to Edinburgh (EGPH) on their 737s. One plane goes from Gatwick to Edinburgh and back in one day. The flight numbers are different for each flight, obviosuly. So, I was wonderi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Arjun Bendre on
Jay Oakley

Windows 8 + FSX = Constant crashing.

FSX constantly crashes, every single day, it's either when I'm departing from an airport or when I'm ta cruising level. I've tried six flights in the past two days and ALL of them crashed whilst I was cruising. Here's the errors I got. fsx.exe ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lionlicker on
Accelor

ACL on F 18 Panel

Could someone tell me what the ACL is for, and why when I click on it fsx freezes up and closes back to desktop. Anyone else encounter this. ❓ https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/34542/acl-on-f-18-panel_902abd39122a6bb7c58fd...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pelicanbeak on
Manos4352

SP2 Graphic card problem

When i download the second service pack (SP2) -to start playing multiplayer-my computer shows me a messages(error) with a problem of the graphic card and exits fsx...what should i do?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
AF330

OVER/UNDER CRUISE AIRBUS

Ok let me explain myself with 4 examples, here are my waypoints: AGOPA: FL180 LORNI: FL220 MOPAR: FL240 BANOX: FL260 ORNIX: FL280 VADEK: FL320 (CRUISE ALTITUDE) MERUE: FL320 SOKMU: FL320 KEREX: FL320 ROUEN: FL320 1) Ok, so we are in an A320...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
AF330 on
tomjordan21

Selling my full flight simulator

Hello everyone, I'm deciding to sell my flight simulator including the 3 monitors, PC and controls as well. I purchased it all just over a year ago and I never really got into it and have decided it's best to sell it now as it could be used a lot more ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomjordan21 on
lionlicker

Worlds worst airports

Hi folks Doco on tele last night about the worlds 10 most dangerous busy airports. Sure many of you have seen it. I did not record it but took notes. After searching on the internet I am pretty sure I have the correct list below. Welcome any feed-back or...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
antonvs on
Andrew Evans

FSX SDK Installation from Deluxe Edition Disk

Hey guys... I'm having trouble figuring out how to install the FSX SDK Tools for my FSX Standard and I have the Deluxe CD. How do you install it??? I went to the "SDK" file and nothing came up like a sdk.exe or setup.exe. How do Install it and get this??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

66 pages with 3285 questions.

previous1234567891011121314151617181920212223...6566next
Page 11 of 66