Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

RichardUK

CH pedals lose nose wheel steering between depart and arrive

FSX on Windows 8.1, CH Pro Pedals, Beech Baron 58. Taxi to take off is great - pedals control braking, rudder and nose wheel steering just fine (at any reasonable taxi speed). However sometimes after landing (I mean a good landing) the braking and rudde...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RichardUK on
Reece Smith

How to tell which taxiway to turn?

Hi, I am confused about taxiways and taxi signs in FSX. Lets say I request taxi clearance. ATC saw something like: "Taxi to and hold short runway 09L using taxiway A B C, AB12" I will pushback and follow signs A, B and C to the runway. But let's say...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

Surround multi monitor with FSX

First off, I would like to learn what keyboard keys do what. For instance, minus keybacks out zoom, and combinations of keys do other things. I am running an Asus GTX1060 6GB video card. My goal is to run 3 monitors in surround, plus 1 for my control c...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
jnev52

ILS not registering from the east approach to EGGP

I have a strange problem at EGGP. The ILS freq. is the same for both RWY 09 and 27, and whilst there is no problem on 09 (ILS descriptor ILVR), when approaching from the opposite end, RWY 27, the ILS received is still ILVR, not ILQ as it should be. ILS ap...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jnev52 on

How install captain sim products

I have the captain sim C130 and B52. When it asks for a destination folder and I set one up in airplanes under sim objects the next button is grey. Can anyone please help? Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
fasteddie60

Taxi problems using CH Products Pro Pedals

I think I have seen something on this before, but can't find it. The problem I am having is my taxiing is mostly out of control using Pro Pedals from CH Products. I have made sure I had all the latest drivers and I have changed the sensitivity levels on...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Zesty42

PMDG 737 NGX Problem

I have already looked upon the PMDG Support Forums, but no solution! I recently got the PMDG 737 NGX and everytime it loads up, a red X appears on the PFD. I know it has something to do with the TCAS, but I don't know how to get rid of it! I have AI Traff...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Ethan. on
deebeeeff

ILS approaches no longer recognized by ATC

I very happily had just the two stock ILS approaches that were created, in ADE, when I added my runways. One for RWY 18 and one for RWY 36. ATC recognized them and AI followed them. Then I decided I wanted to add some more approaches, again using ADE, and...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
waynerr

Install FSX & Acceleration

Hello, I have not used FS-98 for fifth million years. I broke down and purchased FSX Deluxe. I have Windows 8.1. I have Acceleration as well. I have searched and searched for ever to try to learn how to install them with as little trouble I can. I f...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
sonicninja

Missing AI aircraft:-HELP!

Hi guys, got myself into a right state till 4am this morning trying to figure out where my AI traffic has gone? I did a clean install of FSX Gold and im running the following addons:- FTX GLOBAL BASE PACK FTX GLOBAL VECTOR PACK FTX openLC Base R...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rick G on
Bogie57

tom1011.zip for Eastern L1011

I downloaded the Eastern L1011 plane. It says that I need- FSX Eastern Airlines L1011 Tristar Repaint of Thomas Ruth and Erick Cantu's L1011-100 in Eastern Airlines livery registration N311EA,cn 1012.Textures only requires base model (tom1011.zip)....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
NickBoy1998 on
JSAcela

Help! FSX Custom music not playing!

Hi all, I've been struggling to get my FSX custom music to work. They are the exact same file format with the exact same properties, and it just goes silent when I choose the music. Please help!! I've tried LITERALLY everything, and it's still not workin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Activation of flight sim

can't activate flight sim x

Every time I start flight sim x, it asks for the product key. I type it in and it gives me the ID # but I still only have 30 minutes with the demo.???...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
michlin

Acceleration Error Code 1-80004005

Hello folks I've been away from the forum for a few years. I want to say hi to all; and especially Radarman. 🙂 Recently I built my first computer. It's a high end rig and I'm thinking it is a good time to get back into flight simulation. I purc...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ljpung on
sai 2132

front wheel

i can rotate my flight left and right by using joystick thats not a problem but the rotation of the wheel is nil i doest effects the turn of a flight but it looks quiet unrealistic ❓ ❓ ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sai 2132 on

Mr. Kirk Olsson's F-86 ?

I'm very new to FSX and I have a question. I downloaded Mr. Kirk Olsson's F-86 Saber today, it was on the weekly specials that Fly Away emailed me. It flies fine but begins to shake very badly as it reaches 350 knots. Is this normal for a jet aircra...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Jim Lynch

FSX SP2 ?

What does the SP2 mean that follows FSX ? I have had some trouble using downloads with this designation ? ? ? 😞...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jim Lynch on
Mathias Frederik Antonsen

What Do I Have To Do To Run FSX Smoothly? Graphic Card?

Hello! I have a question that I would appreciate very much if you could answer me... I'm not a technical genious, so I don't know what's wrong... U see.. I have Aerosoft Oslo 2.0 and REX 4 Texture Direct. I am going to buy PMDG 737 NGX, and Aerosoft's ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
joseph64 on
Rick G

Fuel capacities on the Boeing 777-200LR

On a fresh start-up flight with the Boeing 777-200LR, available fuel shows 327,000 lbs. The aircraft barely wants to get off the ground, but is much improved once it burns off about 6,000 lbs of fuel. Is there anyway to tweek the amount of fuel you are st...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Tony L

ATC sound not working FSX

The ATC sound is off. Both tower and pilot. All other sounds are working OK. Any ideas?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Russian_Bias on
gr8audioguy

FSX multi-monitor setup unstable

Hello all; I have finally cried uncle in trying to fix my FSX computer. I have Win 7 x64, 16gb I3 with 2 Geforce GT-430 pci cards and both FSX and FSX Steam installed. This problem happens on both versions of FSX. The system works perfectly as long a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Rick G

Lost all my default liveries for my default 737-800 aircraft

Very strange, all the appropriate "N" registrations are still there, you can still transmit/receive ATC transmissions, and all the 737-800 aircraft have gone "White!" I thought I got them back, checked all my default 747 aircraft, all intact, and when ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rick G on
Bill 10

Error messages during FSX installation (Error 1722 and 1603)

I get error messages during FSX installation (Error 1722 and 1603) - can anyone help?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
obizme

FSX map view: Changing Heading

when changing the heading in fs9 the aircraft spins on the map automatically . how can I get fsx to do the same ....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
obizme on
Rick G

Erratic Flight in Boeing 787-800

Enjoying a freeware download Boeing 787-800. Aircraft is very easy to fly, very stable, that is until making an approach to land! Aircraft will climb an additional 1000' when turning from downwind to base, and lose 800' when turning from base to final. An...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rick G on
Elliot Stanley Brown

FSX Toggle Button

Hi Guys Im New Here so sorry if this isnt the right place to post, I have just put together a FSX Panel with Toggle switches but im having issues with turning things off in FSX as I have to turn the button off then on again to turn things off could someon...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

Saitek Switch Box

Maybe someone has had this happen. I have the Saitek X52 Pro and the Pro Yoke systems connected and working great. I recently purchased the Saitek Switch box but when I use it with the other saitek controls when I exit and change planes and or relocate I ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Privyet

Old Timer needs help/advice

Hello guys, I'm just getting back into flight simulators. I go way back to Falcon 3.0 which ran in DOS. I have several basic questions which I'm sure have been answered somewhere, but answers could save me a lot of time experimenting. I currently have ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agent Orange on

Max altitude in FS2004 compared to FSX?

Im curious, what is the max altitude in FSX. In flight simulator 9 its only 99000 feet, can you go any higher in FSX? Also, can you fly directly over the north/south pole in FSX, or do they have the same problem as in FS9, where you hit an invisible w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Savageagle on
Rick G

Aircraft exterior lights all have lighted squares around the

Just recently all aircraft exterior lights (Nav, beacons, strobes, landing lights) have squares surrounding them? Any suggestions on what I can do to eliminate them? Thanks - Rick...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rick G on
Rick G

Boeing 777 ILS Decent Rate

Been having great luck downloading freeware Boeings. I haven't had any issues with ILS descent rates until I downloaded my most recent, a Boeing 777. All is fine with the aircraft picking up the ILS glide scope up until the descent point kicks in. The des...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Rick G

Downloaded freeware aircraft carrying a foreign Registry

Hi all, I just downloaded a freeware Cessna Skywagon 185. It has a foreign registry. I tweeked the CFG file for ATC using the aircraft numbers and ATC uses the callsign Experimental VH-DGL. In that this is a Cessna manufactured aircraft, how can I get rid...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rick G on
Rick G

Downloading FSX Douglas C-47 Skytrain Exterior Base Pack

Hoping someone might be able to help! When I download, I extract all the files and find them in my Simobjects Airplanes folder. I go to FSX and see the 2 aircraft in the selection area, but the preview and when trying to load the aircraft for free flight,...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Tom12

Inverted Controls?

Hi there, I was playing FSX, and i have inverted ailerons. when i pull back on the joystick, the nose goes down. When i push down, i climb.... :help!: But when I bank, it is perfectly fine... I've tried recalibrating too...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Edmeister

Sound issue with ATC

Hi guys! I recently reloaded FSX. Everything is working ok except the sound for the ATC. I made sure everything is correct in settings. I thought maybe I missed something, but I didn't. Any ideas? ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Peel

Convert FSR Video to WAV file??help

Can i convert FSR video to a WAV file so that i can play it on my computer?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SimmerJason on

Error :Unable to load some files, reinstall or repair...

I get this message when I try to launch the game. It was a copy and there is a crack folder included. I copied the 3 files in the folder but it is not working. Is there anyone who has this problem? I am thinking purchasing a original one, but I am not sur...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
444Pilot

saitek peddals issues

I had to reinstall my FSX software yesterday and I'm now having issues with my rudder pedals (Pro Flight Saitek). I am unable to fix the brakes issue, even after I checked the reverse boxes in the controls section for the pedals (toe brakes). The brakes r...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Tom Richardson

FSX.EXE file download

I have been searching practically everywhere for somewhere to download FSX.exe. I downloaded fsx with selecting an install location and now i can't find the file anywhere and so would probably find it easier to download FSX.exe from somewhere. Normally i ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Rick G

Can FS2004 aircraft be copied over to FSX?

I have both FS2004 and FSX on my computer. After many months of being away from FS2004, I opened the program and it has a beautiful assortments of Cessna 182's which for the life of me, I can't understand why FSX didn't include them? Can these or even one...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rick G on
John F

Beeps in FSX

When running FSX usually with an A2A Cessna 182 T, I periodically here a series of five beeps, all the same tone, lasting about three seconds in total. I think it happens in other planes too. It is not like a morse code ident. I operate with a Flight One ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
ram041

Boeing 737 NG Checklist and Procedures App (Pmdg, iFly ...)

Hello, When I started flying PMDG 737 NGX and iFly, I really struggled in the first days, because it's not easy to fly such airplane specially without knowing the exact procedure that you must follow in order to start up the aircraft for example, well ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ram041 on
444Pilot

Trying To Remove Stubborn Vestiges of FSX

I have been trying to remove all vestiges of FSX from my system in order to reinstall it. I uninstalled it through Programs and Features. However, it still appears as a shortcut on my front screen. In addition, there appears to be some leftover software b...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
444Pilot on
RickG

Trying to master the ILS landing in the Airbus A321

This aircraft is about to beat me! Can anyone out there tell me how they coordinate disengaging both the ATHR and AP buttons just prior to touchdown! I started disengaging the ATHR at 150' AGL, and all is fine until I disengage AP shortly after the ATH...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rick G on
vfn101

Sirocco GTX

after I go through set up it say's "successful" but it won't load in game. Sirocco GTX is a cool boat, and i'd like to float it. can someone help?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Jack Stevenson

Speed hold for 737 doesn't work!!!

Hello. I have had an issue for a while now and I have done a lot to try and fix it with not result. I can't engage the autopilot speed hold for the default Microsoft 737-800. I have tried reinstalling the aircraft, reinstalling the entire game and verify...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Everett Smith

Data error 1603 Consult Installer Help (msi.chm)

I have Windows 10 and I just received Flight Simulator X Gold Edition. When I try to install the DVD, I get the error 1603. I am running it as the Administrator however, that did not work. Any ideas on how I can get the game installed?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
rhamuka

Just a few fsx questions

I used to get cockpit and engine sounds with the atc talking , now when atc speaks all other sounds disappear if i turn sound off then back on I can hear the engines until atc speaks again how do I fix this. does fsx use more ram or vram I have an o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
FLY ALVER

Low Approach Manual Landing: Please give me idea

I’m comfortable landing with low approach and it seems okay on simulator, actually I did many good touch down with it but I am curios if it will work as the same in the real world (If will not use the ILS). Knowing that the default aircraft has full...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rick G on
HAZCHEM

upgrading from sp1 to sp2 - activation

Hi guys and girls. this is my first post and like all new forum noobs i'm posting this in a general section untill i get the right feel for the forum. I have recently bought FSX off my mates old man - unfortunately he is pc challenged and the game o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kenrgardner on
Page 7 of 66