Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

toddbreda

FSX Missions Support Group

I'm not sure if there's a thread I missed on FSX Missions but I thought I would start one to get a chat going with others. I have the Acceleration pack and have succeeded through all the Beginners levels, most of the intermediates, most of the advanced an...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Carlin on
TheDazzler

Problems with Window 7 64 bit and FSX

Good Morning all I have just bought a pc hoping that it would handle FSX as previous pc didn't do such a great job please see spec below Windows 7 Home Premium Intel(R) i7 CPU 870@2.93GHz RAM 8.00Gb System type: 64bit operating System Graphics Car...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
TheDazzler on
Saylorew

FSX Lagging?

Hey guys. I have a pretty sweet PC, but when I try to play FSX on it, it lags every 2 seconds. I'm running it on medium high settings. My PC has 4Gb of RAM, an ATI radeon HD5570 1GB graphics card, a 3.04 GHZ quad core processor, and an MSI Motherboard. Wh...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Traches on
PontusE

Eye level constant in FSX, movable in FS2004.

I've got both FS2004 and FSX "De Luxe" - but strongly do prefer the older one. Simly because it's too difficult (then in reallity , I know since my father were pilot for 30 years and flew DC7, Boeing 720, Airbus A300 (rather big) and Airbus A320.) Even a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GundamWZero on

How do I get top menu back?

I am a novice with Flight Simulator. I was flying Flight simulator, and hit something with my mouse by mistake. Suddenly, I lost the top menu, and the screen resolution is terrible. How do I reset the resolution, and get the top menu back? Even after e...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

fs-gs service?

Anyone know anything about this service? Is it for real? Testimonials on that site seem pretty good, however it is on their site. I found another write up on a flight sim forum that said it was for real, I can only hope it was not a paid review. If ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GundamWZero on
stocz2

Lesson 3, VOR Navigation help

I have redoing alot of the lessons here to get me ready to fly online (Vatsim). But when im done again with the lessons, i'll still be a little nervous to try to fly on-line. I am haveing a hard time with ths lesson for some reason. He always says im d...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
stocz2 on
johnr4330

FSX Quits to Desktop

Hi there, I am using FSX Gold and I will be flying and all of a sudden I am back on my desktop. The program just quits. I am using windows 7. Any Ideas? :read: :read: :read: :read: 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
johnr4330 on

Problems like crazy with FSX

I am having problems like crazy with my FSX. i spent 70 dollars on the stupid thing and i still hjaven't gotten it running yet. anyone else having problems? microsoft claims to me that lots of people are having the same problems as i am and that they are...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GundamWZero on
truckernick

Ordered my Alienware, what you guys think?

So I ordered a new Alienware Area-51, will be here sometime next week or so. The specs Cosmic Black, Alienware Area-51 Chassis Intel® Core™ i7 990x Extreme Six Core Processor (3.46GHz, 12MB Cache) Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit 12GB DDR3 ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GundamWZero on
matt_flyaway

FSX ATC????

Recently if I fly VFR with no flight plan, ATC will talk to me and give me option until I get out of the airspace and then it asks me to contact the general area frequency. I have no option to contact any airport tower in the area. Nay help???...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
matt_flyaway on
nyguy72000

BSOD

I have a bad case of BSOD (black screen of death). The aquare where the tryke is is black; everything else is ok. When i click on the change aircraft link, I get the planes and can see them. When I select one to fly, I get the BSOD again. Obviously, when ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
FlamingDart

FSX install error 1935 Windows 7

Hello, im having a problem with a error in the installation of fsx on my pc, i bought the game almost 4 years ago, and i installed and everything worked fine (on Windows XP), then i upgraded my OS to Windows 7, and today i was installing the game when it ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FlamingDart on
mkaz

flight planner

Does anyone know if i can make a IFR flight plan from eg: kennedy intl to lax however stopping and landing at different airports on the way and then carry on to lax? If yes how? 😕...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
naflod on
NolanRiot

Help with Default Airplanes.

Hello, I was updating some airplanes in my FSX when I accidentally deleted the Airplane folder. Thing is I can't repair it from the Recycle bin because it automatically deletes every folder there. If someone could help me find only the default air...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
NolanRiot on
SkybusTravels

Missiles and Bombs

I was wondering if anyone knew any free missiles and bombs folders Which you can download onto your planes Thanks! 😂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SkybusTravels on
clivey

Joystick Problem

I have an old Wingman Force 3D Joystick and on both FS9 and FSX I get sudden loss of control ( usually left roll - not a stall). I have windows 7. Can anyone help please...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
clivey on
Viper2005

airplane folder location

I downloaded several airplanes when I used FS2004 and found the airplane folder with no problem.I am now using the FSX version, but after I download I cannot find the airplane folder to put the downloads.Where do i find it? Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Viper2005 on
jpalmer2004

FSX Crashing after installed aircraft

Hey guys! Been awhile! I just installed the PC-12 off Flightsim.com into fsx. When i select the aircraft then click go fly fsx crashes. I went flying with another aircraft and then changed it to the pc 12. It worked but the wheel textures were mess...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Laxpilot

lag and jumpy

i have a top of the line video card for my gaming computer. but when i play FSX it is laggy and jumpy. it also takes a long time to load.any ideas?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
stocz2

view (pan) help

My view (pan) is hooked up to my saitek pro flight yoke and has been working fine. Until recently. I had purchased REX a couple weeks ago. This is the latest item i have installed. Did not make any changes to my settings. All the sudden the pan only wo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
n6312g on
sniper45

cessna 414 download

does anybody know of a cessna 414 download for fsx?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bill B on
truckernick

Sound Packs? that won't work PLEASE

No sound packs will work on any plane, and some just when your in the cockpit, TSS stuff, everything. Please if anyone knows how to fix this then speak up. I have all my SP's for windows and FSX. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
truckernick on

Problem with CPUz displaying the correct processor speed

I'm O.C.'d in the BIOS just like always when I had XP (just installed Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit) with a BCLK of 200 and a multiplier of 20 so I'm at 4 GHz. I now notice that when I open up CPUz on the first tab it says 20 multiplier and 200 BCLK but ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Rolaids

Tail View Code

Hi Guys! Haven't been on in a long time. I was wondering about the code to enter in the cfg to have the tail view option. Thanks for your help. Rolaids Drink cof...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
DDJD on

Flight sim 2004, Cessna 172 - where is the Nav1/GPS switch?

Flight sim 2004, Cessna 172 - where is the Nav1/GPS switch?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyboy92 on

FSX freezes solid periodically

Is it a known bug in FSX that sometimes when accessing the menus in the top left and especially the map that the sim will lock up and you have to exit everything? Of course this always seems to happen at the worst possible time grr........

Answers
Views
Last answer by
naflod on
eyton402

Best Computer For FSX

My computer: Windows 7 Home Premium AMD Athlon 64X12 Dual Core Processor 6400+ 3.20 GHz 5 GB RAM 64 Bit OS 1 TB Hard Drive NVIDIA 8600GT I wo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
drkmaurader on
RadarMan

Test Your Computer for 32 or 64 Bit

Test your computer for 32 or 64 bit. From the Microsoft website: This article describes how to determine whether a computer is running a 32-bit version or 64-bit of the Windows operating system. Generally, a computer's bit count indicates how much ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dictator88 on
jbeale

my flight sim wont start

PLEASE HELP!!! I deleted all files in fsx that were not usable( exe. readme. etc) now my computer says that my entire simulator is deleted. :x...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
oldave

Why ATC designates the same runway ...It never varies...???

I`m just a "Pleasure" Flyer, and I like to fly around New York City`s 4 airports, and do Touch & Go`s in different landing situations...(Flaps...No Flaps...Hot Landings...etc.) When I contact ATC they always assign me the same runways to land on... LaGu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tommyov on
Alanwolf

Will not open? So how do i get to run?

:evil: Having a problem geting started, will not open,just sits there looking stupid,is a joke or what? Alanwolf61@yahoo.com...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Drew82

Delux, acceleration or gold. Which is best for modding in XP

I'm sorry for asking a question which you've probably been asked already but i want to mod my FSX. I've got the standard version, I know of the SDK but very simply, out of those three versions which is best? The gold version seems to only work with vis...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Carlin on
oldave

FSX Opens With The Trike Ultralight Flying

Please disregard this post, *Problem solved... I deleted and re-loaded both service packs* I recently had a new hard drive put in my computer, and re-loaded FSX along with Service Pack 1 and Service Pack 2... After I boot up FSX, it goes right to a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
444Pilot

Interesting observation re: Sim software development sites

I have been looking around for Sim software sites that offer the Affiliate Program for persons that have websites. I spent the entire afternoon perusing the web! From PMDG and Flight1 to Wilco/ FeelThere and FSDreamTeam to others!! I only found Captain Si...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
444Pilot on
JackHowitzer

Kneeboard Broken

Anyone else install IE 9 Beta 64 bit and notice the kneeboard stopped working? Apparently the same thing happened when IE 8 beta was released. Something to do with how HTML is displayed through FSX....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jrocky on
barkoman

Radeon 5870 or a new Geforce 580

Perhaps Radarman or someone else with intelligence can offer an opinion (abundance of dumb asses out there - ill advised) can answer this but I am wanting to buy a new GPU for FSX. I have been watching the prices of the Radeon 5870 and they are falling, ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cheeks on
quigley

create a new plane

Although I'm a real word Private Pilot working on my Instrument ticket I am new to the Flight Sim world. I have FSX installed and running on my computer with yoke, rudder and headset add-ons. My real world plane is a Piper Warrior II (PA-28-151). Sin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Carlin on
Bobr2

ATC Window flashes on & off:

❓ I have reloaded Flightsim X several times and sill when the start up flights start there is the ATC Window again flashing on & off again. Did a repair on my windows XP thinking that will solve the problem. It didn't. Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT - ADM ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bobr2 on
truckernick

Water Effects??

Would any of you happen to know of a good effects package where you get better water effects? Like as a plane takes off on a wet runway, it creates a water blast from the engines, or as you land as use the TR's and it creates a cool water spray? Here...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Derian on
ApacheDave

Loss of all sounds when ATC is on

I am using FSX on my laptop while deployed overseas in Afghanistan, not the best arrangement, but one I have to use. When ATC of any sort from ATIS or Center or any entity speaks, I lose my engine noises and every other sound associated with the aircraft...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ApacheDave on
Carlin

Logbook won't work

My Logbook Stopped working then after a month or so all the entries that were there went missing. Any ideas?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Carlin on
oldave

Saitek Throttle Quadrant...Prop Control For "Flaps"

I have a Saitek Yoke and Throttle Quadrant controls and I use to use the centre control (Prop Control?) on the trottle quadrant for my Flaps settings... I had to do a system recovery back to factory settings last week, on my computer and since doing this...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Traches on
Rubber290

Acceleration Can't Find FSX

Hi everyone. I am wanting to install fsx acceleration on my pc. I click on install and it comes up saying fsx not found. I can understand this because i do not have fsx installed in my C drive but instead installed in a new hard drive. So now i cant insta...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rubber290 on
Rubber290

simprop.dll

When i double click on the Microsoft Flight Simulator X icon on the desktop to load up, it load for about 30 seconds and comes up with this error: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: fsx.exe Application Version:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
niknak72

FSX Free Downloads ???

Does anyone know where to get some addons for fsx like cabin sounds and copilot and what is the program called where you can get pushback ???...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
litaiping97

3 monitors virtual cockpit problem!!!

Hey, I have my new multi monitor setup, i am running a ATI radeon 5770 in eyefinity mode with 3 samsung syncmaster E1920, and I changed the CFG file to Wide view Aspects: True, but I can not zoom out enough in the virtual cockpit, when i am running one or...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GundamWZero on
Derian

Cfg location (RadarMan)

Hey there everyone, I need some help here. My question is where do you save your fsx cfg file when you are customizing your settings in fsx and you want to save them? My default location is MyDocuments/FlightSimulatorXFiles but then I have another CFG whi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Derian on
mkaz

delete

how do i delete a post?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
markrem

FSX SUDDENLY SHUTS DOWN?

While I have been trying to resolve other problems with setting up multiple screens (refer previous Thread), I now find after setting up the views on the separate monitors for a few minutes FSX program completely shuts down and has to be restarted. Can an...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
markrem on

66 pages with 3285 questions.

previous1234567891011121314151617181920212223...6566next
Page 19 of 66