Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

hovihovi

i can't install fsx

i delete my fsx deluxe becuse is do problams and now i want to reinstall and i recive this https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/36635/i-cant-install-fsx_acb01c1244b4c02518873b67961f28a9.jpg i delete the fsx deluxe manuely becuse i dont...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
imatek2

FSX Acceleration Pack

FSX Acceleration Pack.. I have fsx with all updates to sp2.. Question is can I install FSX Acceleration pack with my current setup? Will it affect anything or is it just an addon? Thank you...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
michlin on
michlin

All Simulator Commands

Does anyone know the location of the file that contains all the commands for FSX? I had found it in FS9 long time ago. Printed them out and they came in quite handy many times. The file contains all the (knee pad) commands for the simulator, control surfa...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
michlin on
Rubber290

FSX & Directx 9.0c causing horizontal breaks

I have a image issue with DirectX 9.0c after reinstalling FSX on my PC. I get these horizontal breaks as shown on the screenshot in full screen. If i minimize my screen size slightly then It's kind of gone until I hover the mouse over a icon in the task b...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rubber290 on
truckernick

Black Screen = FPS drop. ? Why?

Ok so this has only been happening since the last time i reinstalled my OS, but now ever since then, as i play my whole screen will black out for a couple of seconds and then when it comes back my FPS have dropped, and it does it over and over and after e...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
truckernick on
Splitdog

Yoke and pedals

I haven't used FSX in a while, and when I tried, the yoke and pedals won't work. They show up in CH manager, and I go to calibrate, it lets me, they work fine and then when I get an aircraft on the tarmac, they quit. Help!!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Splitdog on
Tom12

OMG.. another blonde day.

Um, I seemed to have forgotten, what is the map shortcut?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tom12 on
TigerMoth_N4156

Multiple Monitors and Windows 7

I recently purchased a more powerful PC to better run FSX and it happens to have Windows 7. I'm trying to use multiple monitors but having trouble. I've gone through Microsoft's help on setting up multiple monitors (control panel, selecting 'extending...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
TigerMoth_N4156 on
Noshadez

NEW VIETNAM FSX SCENERY Available

http://www.fspilotshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=2673 Vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETHwP1u2fPo&playnext=1&videos=03pZH7zqslE&feature=recentlik...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Noshadez on
Accelor

Real World Weather Error

Today when to tried to connect the the RWW I got a error message, ( To check internet connection and configuration ) and it will not load. I haven't made any changes to my config, and my internet connection is fine. There was no problem with is the last ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Accelor on
Derian

(PLEASE READ & REPLY)

Hey everyone, I was thinking of upgrading my Computer which is a: Dell Inspiron 580. Intel(R) Core (TM) i3 CPU 530 @ 2.93GHz. 6.00GB Ram Windows 7 64-bit OS Intel(R) HD Graphics Card I have 1 slot left to install a maximum amount of 8GB ram. So w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Derian on
Derian

Level-D FMC (Golden Gate Run)

Alright everyone, I have this question that I can't really put into words very well but i'll try. I got a recommendation to do the Level-D tutorial flight from CYVR-KSFO (Golden Gate Run mission). So I printed the 38 sheets (i'm out of ink now) lol. I am ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Derian on
pullice

Good ATC program to download (affordable)

Which is a good ATC to download from the net? I hear of radar contact. Any guidence would be appreciated Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SimmerGuy on
truckernick

Realistic ATC communications

Ok i sick of default unrealistic ATC, it's nothing like when i talk to real ATC. So does anyone know of a program that's gives you more realistic ATC, like requesting clearance into class bravo airspace or charlie or what not? And option like transition...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SimmerGuy on
truckernick

Anyone ever seen this before? i haven't.

It's like a squall line or something, i never seen anything like this is FSX, nor FS9, it's really cool actually. And then flying around this i had some very heavy turbulence. https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/36520/anyone-ever-seen...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
truckernick on
pullice

Asking a PC perfromance question (YAWN) I know i know

Maybe you guys can help me? A few years ago just when the quad cores came out here in south africa I was the first person to buy it from one of our local stores. But until now something is just not right. I cant play FSX to its maximum graphics. Maybe ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Derian on
Derian

THE (BEST) GAMING PC AT A PRICE!

Not only is it the BEST gaming pc because of the specs, but it's also good for just about anything else because of all the feautures. (CUSTOM PC) I bet no one would buy that. 6 CORES!!!!!!!! 😳...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Derian on
pullice

Terrible cockpit graphics on the airbus A380

Did anybody buy the Airbus A380? I have bought it from one of the websites but the interior cockpit is really terrible....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Derian

Blurry bar please help!

Sorry to bother you guys again but I have yet again another problem. When I press "Alt" to see my flight planner in fsx or to change my aircraft or anything, the bar is like completely blurry. Why? I'm gonna go try and find answers on google but I doubt i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Derian on
pullice

ATC window and Kneeboard window

Could someone please tell me how to adjust the font (make bigger) for the ATC window and Kneeboard window. It was normal font and I must have done something that made the fonts so tiny I cant read anything and I dont know how to adjust it back to normal...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Derian

EZCA help...

Ok, I am new to the EZCA camera for fsx and I have some questions that I can't find the answers to anywhere... I am trying to get the mouse view where you can do 360's and what not to stop moving around for like when I want to hjit a switch in the VC but ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Derian on
Derian

Can't read the disk help!

I just uninstalled my FSX game to get a fresh download because I had lots of freeware causing some problems so I did all that and now I tried to install it, this is what happend step by step: 1. Delete game 2. put disc 1 of FSX in tray 3. wait for do...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Derian

Engine is pissing me off! help =(

For some reason when I proceed to start my Level-D 767 engines, let's say im on ground. Apu on, bleed on, packs off, engine selector to 2, engine start up type: ground, so it starts, I turn on the fuel switch at 15-18% N2 and then it gets to 40.1 and sits...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Derian on
truckernick

Install error 1935?

Ok, i reinstalled my OS, and went back to reinstall FSX, but i get this error on install process. Install error 1935, something with Microsoft c++ redistributable? I read this can happen with a pirated or copy version, but that's not my case, because i pa...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
RaymondBH

Default 737s have disappeared!

Can anybody help please? I recently installed a VR Micro Jetpit (got it working OK, it's great) but in the process have now managed to lose my 737s. In FSX when you go to the aircraft selection, all the Boeings (including my add-ons, are available...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Derian

FMC

If you were programming your FMC to go somewhere and you were setting up the RTE1 2/2 and there's slots to put the VIA and TO info, where can you find the information to enter those waypoints?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Derian on
atamiga

Keyboard Layout for FSX

Hello, i am new in the forum and have an question: i search an complete keyboard for the fsx. Can i download it from this site? Thank you for your help. P.S. Its a great forum.........

Answers
Views
Last answer by
atamiga on
Derian

Trim? Trim Air?

What is Aileron, Rudder, and stab trim? What do you use them for? What is Trim Air? What does it do? If anyone can help me find answers to these questions that would be REALLY nice! :o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mickwill on
Derian

PMDG

I have some questions about the PMDG 747 aircraft for fsx with the -8i expansion. 1. How do you get the ground calls/pushback where you can talk to the ground crew? I know how to do it on the Level-D 767 but not on the PMDG 747. 2. Why does my 747 s...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Derian on
santiess

ATC

H there, I have a problem: When I'm flying a IFR Flightplan at a certain moment I don't have any contact to the ATC. I am conected to a center or departure but without a reason I don't have contact anymore and I can only couche between 'nearest airport...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Derian on
Derian

Landing problem please help

When I use FSPassengers or just flying around and then I go to land, in my level-d 767 im at about 150 knots, and then when I hit the ground, it's like I sink in to it and crash. Why can't I just regulerly land on the runway and then proceed to taxi. It's...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Derian on
oldave

How do I cancel my subscription to Fly Away Simulation...???

I know this is probably the wrong forum,but I no longer wish to receive emails from "Fly Away", but cannot find any page where I can click onto to cancel subscriptions etc... My Account, My Profile...??? How do I stop these emails...??? Any help or info...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Derian

FSPassengers

In FSPassengers, can you use custom aircraft such as PMDG or do you have to use the stock ones that you buy using FSPassengers?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Derian on
Derian

I'm confused here... Some one please help!

I was looking around for good scenary for FSX and I came up on this forum where some guy was mentioning good scenary for FSX and he said this, "Ground Environment X, and Ultimate Terrain X are great add-ons for FSX. Both work together Real Environ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Derian on
Derian

Multi Crew Experiance

Does Multi Crew Experiance work with every aircraft in FSX i.e. the Level-D 767 or the Citation Mustang from flight1.com or does it only work with certain aircraft in fsx? 😕...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Derian on
mitch0508

New PC Build - Will it run FSX good?

Hi I have just built my own PC and i was wondering how well you think it will run FSX i7 930 @ 2.8GHz Asus Rampage II Gene motherboard Nvidia Geforce 9600 GSO GPU 2GB DDR3 Ram < Need to upgrade Thanks alot...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Derian

Increasing FPS in FS (READ) (PLEASE STICKY)

This thread is intended for those who want to improve their FPS and bump up the settings on FSX. Before you do ANYTHING, make sure you have Service Pack 1 & Service Pack 2 - This will improve performance vastly as well as fix many, many bugs. Also, set...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Derian on
Derian

Waypoint Distance

When using the FMC in the Level-D 767, or in any other aircraft that has a functioning FMC, there is Waypoint Distance shown in (i.e.) 1nM, 1nM, 4 nM, 32 nM, and 64 nM. What does this "nM" mean? I am currently reading the full Level-D 767 manual and it...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Derian on
Derian

Level-D Vs. Cap Sim (767)

I was scavenging for 767's and I found an amazing 767 package on CaptainSim.com that has received many awards and I found one at Flight1.com- Level-D 767. The 767 on CaptainSim.com cost roughly $52 USD and the one on Flight1.com cost roughly $54 USD. W...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Derian on
santiess

IVAO

Hi, I've made a account at IVAO but now I don't have any AI traffic even if i'm not logged in. can someone help me? Thomas...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
santiess on
komodoliz

RE: FA/18 Hornet carrioer commands

I can't see anyone else having problems but i cannot get the launch bar to lower!? I ve tried placing the aircraft in various positions along the catapolt but the bar won't lower when using the shift+U keys etc.. HELP! 😞 Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jmiller89436 on
Derian

Reliable Payware?!

Hey everyone, I was on this website today scanning around for amazing payware aircraft for FSX and I happen to come across this website: http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/iboshop.cgi?showd490!0,5552032430,10275 This website supposively contains som...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Derian on
eyton402

No panel

I had this problem with FS2004 and sought advice in that forum but didnt resolve the issue. Following installation of FSX I cannot get a panel. That is, it is there but at the bottom of the screen. I can toggle and see it and reposition it , but not in ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
eyton402 on
Derian

Rudder Center

Is there a way for the rudder to automatically return to centered position after pressing the num Pad (enter and + in my case) to use left and right rutter turning?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Derian on
nottobe

any addon to the the "troubled water"?

we all know the default water is ugly and "troubled", and addon to make more realistic water? thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ollyau on
Mustangfreak

Does anyone else have major problems installing FSX?

I had to uninstall FSX because I tried to install it on my other drive on the same computer that was running XP pro, and it F'ed everything up. So now I'm trying to reinstall it, and for the past 4 damn hours it keeps giving me failures, and its never the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Accelor on
Outlaw2101

Boarding Stairs?

G'day! I'm new to the forum!! So... Hey! XD Anyway, just a quick question: I recently downloaded the FS2004 PIA Boeing 777-240LR and I read the description. It said something about AGS (Animated Ground Service) 'Stairs' Now, I have been searching for a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Brickwall132 on
Mustangfreak

Should I be able to max the settings out?

This is what I have in my desktop ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO AM3 AMD 785G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard AMD Athlon II X4 620 Propus 2.6GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Processor OCZ Gold Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066 HIS H57...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Mustangfreak on
mickwill

Hyper-Threading

This is a very long shot, but, does anyone know if FSX was written to support hype-threading? It makes a difference between choosing a i7 core or i5 core..... Thanks Mick...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
photoshock

Joysticks

What is the best joystick to get? Mine just died and I'm going to have to wait until the first of the month to get a new one, which one should I get to have the ease of use and the most realistic sim. The old one I had was the Logitech Freedom 2.4, it ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lionlicker on

66 pages with 3285 questions.

previous1234567891011121314151617181920212223...6566next
Page 20 of 66