Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Brook

ATC shuts off my external speakers

Just loaded FSX for the first time and first major glitch is that when I contact or respond to ATC, my (very nice Altec w/subwoofer) external speakers are shut off or deactivated, leaving me with only the computer's built in tin can speaker. I then have ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Brook on
ndoc

Virtual pilot/Sound

I am new to this site & have a few questions. I have downloaded several aircraft & have used addit pro to install. several aircraft either don't have a virtual cockpit that I can access and some don't have sound. How can I tell from the aircraft selection...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ndoc on
DENN

weightshift microlight

Does anyone know where I could download a microlight aircraft for FS 2004 ?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Accelor

Ground Power Avaibility

I have a flight saved as cool start in the F-86 at a small gate. Sometimes I launch the flight, and can have the GP unit their by turning on the GP switch. Other times I get a message that GP is not availible. The first time I made the mission I had G...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Accelor on
shaun6811

Does Horizon scenery Gen X Ver2.0 require you to Register

Hello - Please advise Does Genuine purchased copy of Horizon Gen X Version 2.0 Scenery for Uk require an online registration to install or can it be installed on multiple PC's Thanks in advance Shaun...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Greg1138

Most Realistic Sound Settings

Hi - I bought FSX when first released but found, like many others, that my PC was found wanting in many respects....I am now at the point though where I am using FSX with decent quality and framerates and want to try and make the experience as realistic a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greg1138 on
FB2009

Close my fly away account

hi who i can close my fly away account??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
joeyj495 on
Vengashii

Repainting community not as large for FSX?

Is it just me or is the repainting community not as large for FSX as it is for FS2004? For instance, I can barely find any repainting kits or tutorials for FSX. Or is it backwards compatible from FS2004?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
liljellz on
adrianlew

airbus 380

How come its so hard to find a airbus 380 for flightsimulator x with cockpit?? Adrian ❓ :idea:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
captD

flight simulator restarts computer

hey, whenever i take off in flight simulator my game will freeze and my computer will restart. this happens in both flight simulator x and flight simulator 2004. When the computer boots back up i get the error message "windows has recovered from a serious...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Llain on
avb99

FMC/FMS

Hello Is anyone aware of a site containing basic information on how to program this device please, preferable with a short test flight and step by step instructions? Thanks Aidan...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
Heyjoojoo

Okay, maybe your FMC Tutorial is better?

I've searched online for FMC programming (for 737) and gosh they all seem diffferent. Everyone seems to do it differently. Does anyone know of any really good ones? FSX Kareem...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
RadarMan

FSX B-52 by Alphasim

FSX B-52 by Alphasim taking off from Edwards AFB (KEDW) and doing a 180 to land back at the only strip a GA pilot like me can find to handle a behemoth like this. Download---> http://tinyurl.com/sjsds Comments both good and bad more than welcome....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
smas4er

How to change flight numbers

Hi I have a question regarding how to change flight numbers in FSX. For example the default 737-800 has a name B737W and this is the name the atc also use to contact. Is there any way I can change this name if so how can I do that? will appreciate help...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
D5Tweddle on
Accelor

HC075DI COUGAR AUTOPILOT Instructions?

Anyone know where I can get instructions on how to properly use this gauge. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Accelor

HC075DI COUGAR AUTOPILOT Problems Installing

I need help. Trying to install this autopilot guage in the EH 101 but can't get it to work. I have copy past the cfg text into the panel cfg and made the next window in line #5. Should the afcp and ap1 cfg go into the FSX main folder or the EH 101 main...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
snowman45106

FSX VS Google Earth

😕 When I run either one of these which one do I load first. It looks like when one loads FSX 1st the graphics get nuch better but I am not sure if Google is already running....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Falconfixer on
FlyPast

ATC VFR contact with destination airport

How come the destination airport in the ATC screen doesnt often appear under the list of 'nearest airport list' or even 'airports further away' until you're nearly there? This gives you no time no adjust your approach depending on the runway they give for...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lionlicker on
movierunner

win 7 changes color scheme to win 7 basic--Why

OK, I've loaded FSX on my new computer (see sig). When FSX starts I get a window tell me the color scheme changed to win 7 basic. and will change back after ending program. Why?? :cry: It talks about "Aero Themes" and have run it's trouble shooter. an...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
movierunner on
jlar0654

No smoke or water wakes on landings? help

Hi all, I have added some effects to the effect file but it seems I can no longer get a wake or splash effect on water landings. In addition, I am not getting smoke effect when the wheels touchdown on a runway landing. I checked and I believe all of the o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jlar0654 on
Vengashii

joystick axis in FSX

so I just vaguely realized the problem i've been having. When configuring the controls to my logitech gamepad USB controller, I use the natural axis in them for ailerons, pitch, throttle, etc. I just noticed that whenever I use them (i.e. I move the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Vengashii on
truckernick

MD-11 Landing Speed ?

Ok i was wondering, what is the landing speed for an MD-11 in something like 40 to 50kt winds?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Habu on
movierunner

Logiteck force 3D joystick-No force feed back

Ok I bought a new computer so that FSX would run better. The new PC has windows 7, I connected the joystick & windows saw it. But no force feed back, so I check the cong of the joystick in the game & there is NO place that shows use/ turn on feed back? ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
movierunner on
Accelor

Grumman F 14D

Is the F 14 D in the download section capable of carrier landing and takeoff. ❓ Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Accelor on
Skyline223

Two sets of controls for FSX?

My friend and I wanted to try flying together the other day so we connected two yokes and also two sets of pedals. FSX recognizes them fine, but as expected - there is a problem. FSX will only pay attention to one yoke at a time. The "non dominant" yoke i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SimmerGuy on
truckernick

Far away blur issue.

Ok here is my issue, when ever i play fsx, the graphics resolution in the distance are blurry as hell, but as i get closer they load up, and so on. I have Re-installed fsx and everything, but still no go, all slider set high and all, and setting them ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
truckernick on
n7xlq1

FSX crashing with MSVCR80.DLL

Hey guys, After coming back to FSX after a little layoff of FS, I'm getting fatal errors with MSVCR80.DLL crashing every time I pick a plane, doesn't matter which one I pick, it still crashes to the desktop and restarts FSX. Has anyone come accross...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
n7xlq1 on
NYCMounty

Multi screen

I have a question. I have recently added a second screen to my FSX. I wan to use the bottom screen as the instrument cluster. Currenlty, each time I re-fly a misson, I must move the instruments to the second monitor. Is there a way of permantantly config...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
NYCMounty on
Llain

FSX asking for activation

HI all I have been using FSX for 2 years now, but now it is asking me to activate the product. I have put some more memory in my pc 2 weeks ago then when I started FSX it ask for activation, so I fill in the product key but it says it cannot conect to...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jrocky on
Accelor

If you don't mind Computer help needed

I am not computer smart so need help. I have Vista 32 on my first drive, and I adding a second drive to put ( Windows 7 ) on for dual OS boot. I just wondering about the wiring connection. I don't want to slave the second drive so wondering if I need both...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Accelor on
jettaman

Freezing splash screen

Flyaway, tomthetank, or RadarMan Can you please tell me how to fix my splash screen. I clicked repair on FSX Disk 1 (for another reason) and now FSX freezes on the splash screen. I did a quick search, but did not find an answer. thanks, again. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
1LtLoric

FSX = Blue Screen?

I've asked IT's about this, spent the 160 dollars for A new drive and to get it maintained, but I'm still getting a Blue Screen 'O Death when in flight simulator for more than about 20 minutes. I have 2 gigabytes of RAM, NVidia GEForce 8600GT with 512 ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Accelor on
Karlw

Where are the FSX log files?

I keep getting a fatal error at KLAS and TNCM at the same position on multiplayer and I want to see what's wrong. Where can I find the log files? Best regards 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
pearlygatesuk

Ideas for flight plans

Hi All, I don't know about you, but I love flight simulator, however the bit I like the most is the challenge of taxi, takeoff and succesful landing. Flying realtime to Sydney doesn't really float my boat (time-advance is used muchly on my flights). ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
truckernick on
mikeylee

Static aircraft are all black

Somewhere between installing scenery or aircraft all the static aircraft are now black. I don't recall what the last installation was before the problem. All aircraft (except what I'm flying) whether parked, taking off, or in the air are solid black. It ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mikeylee on
grampstergeek

changing default aircraft in fsx

Hi folks, generally a newbie here... Can anyone tell me how to change default aircraft in fsx when it loads. It keeps coming up with an ultralight when I want to go to a Cessna 172 Thanks for any help offered. Dave Pierce...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
grampstergeek on
photoshock

2 things to chat

The first thing I would like to say is that even with the Gold Edition you still cannot speak directly to ATC and that is kind of galling in that one of the selling points of FSX is that you can with your voice speak to ATC. The second is a query about h...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
gordan_falcon

FSX WIDESCREEN ON VISTA

HI i just got a new computer with a 22" widescreen monitor and i've looked up many forums about how to find the FSX.cfg file for my computer. I can't seem to find it though. I'm running vista and i already checked the box to show "hidden files". The prob...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lvpilot1 on
darkrooms

F-14 Tomcat gauges, effects not working in FSX

I downloaded the Grumman F-14 and it looks great and flies great. I really want to get the gauges and effects working, if possible. I read the readme file that came with the download, and it didn't help. The "gauges" file that came with the download co...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
crackerjacks on
AngelT

ATC window

Messages on ATC wondow are unreadable...not garbled...just the words are fade out...How can I correct this problems. Thanks for the inputs....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
alpie303

fsx.cfg file

does ayone know how to file the fsx.cfg file...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
mossy

HID Macros - turn old hardware into flight equipment :D

I expect many people are familiar with this software, but I didn't find any previous threads in a search so I thought a post about it might be useful. What this great (and really easy to use) software does is to allow multiple input devices (e.g. two k...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mossy on
crackerjacks

MS Flight Simulator X On ABC World News

A retired pilot was using FSX to demonstrate visibility and control issues in response to the AA Liner that crashed in Jamaica. Aired on 23 Dec 09 http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?catId=1206853 Also what's the latest on MS Flight Sim develo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
crackerjacks on
1LtLoric

FSX GPWS?

Anyone know a good addon? I'd like to hear the "soothing" voice of a mechanical speaker screaming things like Sinkrate, pull up, whoop/pull up, Bank Angle... Especially things like 5-hundred, minimums, one-hundred, 50,40,30,20,10, etc... 😉 ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Brickwall132 on
lionlicker

Maths formulas used in flight Sim

In this thread all are welcome to post their maths formulas used in sim flight and add your comments. 😀 I have several posts yet to be added to this thread covering additional formulas - but will start here with a recently discussed one. My...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lionlicker on
Heyjoojoo

I'm good with ILS approaches but I totally suck at VISUAL...

VISUAL approaches come up every now and then when ATC assigns me a visual approach. I totally freak out and can't quite make the approach. Can someone point me to tutorials for Visual Approaches of 737s or Airbuses? Any other suggestions appreciated....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
gregos on
terryleemartin

This aircraft flys with no sound. Can anyone help?

Hi I just downloaded and installed P-51 Sweet Arlene. The aircraft flys very well, and the graphics are great, but I can't get any sound out of it. The "Read Me" file didn't give instrustions on how to load the sound files, or even that you should load th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
terryleemartin on
Firetrec

The plane I download doesn't appear in FSX.

I download my plane, read the ReadMe file, do what the file said to do, and the plane doesn't appear in my game 😞 (FSX). Any ideas on what could be going wrong?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Firetrec

Will downloads for FS2004 work in FSX?

Tere are some planes I like that are only available for FS2004. If I download it, will it work in FSX?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jianqing on
mario305

Directions in some airports

When I fly to some airport like Soto Cano in honduras. ATC start giving me altitudes the are very hight for an accurate landing. This has happen in other airports like Goloson, Honduras and Merida, Venezuela. Is there a way to fix that?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Razgr1z912 on
Page 22 of 66