Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

scongdon

Am I missing something? (Gauges)

Hey guys, I've been installing FSX aircraft for a long time, but I've taken quite a break until I joined the site here a few days ago... I'm a controller in the real world, so I'm not by any means an idiot, but I'm having a huge problem here. None o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
wesak81

display settings please help

some of my planes on my flight sim x doesnt show up very good, some of the parts of the planes are missing like the textures and the fusulage , just the parts of the cocpits and wheels show up and the fan blades in the engines show up, what do i need to ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
ehuang6

Navigation Log Wrong Information

I've noticed that the FSX nav log seems to calculate distance and flight time incorrectly. For example, I file a log flying from DTW-ORD and it says the estimated flight time is 0:25 (25 minutes) where in reality, the flight lasts around an hour. Is t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FHeselton on
DKlop

Releasing Smoke from Aircraft

Well, I'm relatively new to FSX, as I got it this Christmas, and there is something that I would really like to know. How can I add and use smoke on any aircraft, downloaded or default aircraft. I've had planes that had a section in their .cfg file...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Ubba

New to FSX - Why can't I land.... some help needed please...

Hi guys... I've got the basics down, take off, engaging the autopilot, flying my route with ATC... the scenery is just spectacular !! I'm using GPS and NAV1, switching between the two. I get clearance to land at the destination airport, but can nev...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Ubba on
RadarMan

FSX-Belleau Wood

FSX-Belleau Wood Dead Link Removed. This is beautiful, I wish I could do justice to it with my screens. It has (as you see) constant AI traffic, aircraft and helicopters landing and taking off. I just used it in one of the modes, steering it out to ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Noshadez on
leeharman

Texture files Missing.

Hi everyone, I am having problems with FSX I was flying perfectly last night shut my system down as normal. This morning woke up started my PC and FSX and got this error.':evil:' '😕' ':cry:' E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Micros...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Accelor on
nyguy72000

FSX Controls

I recently purchased another computer. It's an HP w/ AMD Phenom II Quad Core w/ 3 GHZ Processing spedd; 8 GB RAM w/ a GeForce GT 220 graphics card. My problem is this: I set my controls, x, y and z axis'; and my button assignments. When I go to fly, every...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
stocz2 on
Brook

Saving Settings??

Couple of days since upgrading from FS9 and I'm rattled by a few things: The latest is saving display settings. So far every time I start the program or a new flight, my display/graphics/realism etc settings are all gone. What's up with that? I'...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
wesak81

finding md-80

is there really a md-80 on the flight sim x game , if there is one i cant find it, its not in the airplane selection, could anyone tell me how to find it...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
gordan_falcon

DX10

Ok so... I have a really good computer. I run FSX on max graphics and I run on vista 64 bit. I was wondering what was up with this whole DX10 thing. What does it do? Would I be able to use it? Where can I download it? and how do you use it when it is d...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
truckernick

My FSX Carenado PA-34 Seneca Review w/ pics.

Ok might i say, this is one fabulous aircraft. everything works great, and it handles great, i can say that from experience because i have flown the PA-34 in real life many times, and this add-on handles just like it. The sound is great to, just like r...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
truckernick on
lkw

dirt runway using FSX (hard to see when attempting landing)

I am having a lot of trouble finding dirt runways using FSX as the color difference is very slight. Has some body come up with a fix of setting that would improve this situation?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jim1964 on
psalm10720

New added planes not showing up in Windows 7

I have installed a bunch of plances the same way I did in Vista and the ones I have added are not showing up within FSX on Windows 7.......

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
fossilbot

Sydney Area Sea Plane Airport Download

A news item appeared on screen the other day re this new Scenery download. Has it been released yet ? if so where can I make the download ? or When will it be available ? fossilbot...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
haleymon

Building my Simpit

Well it took me long enough to get started but here are the first pics. https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/36067/building-my-simpit_c02ba19ccf590ad91a144806c8276258.jpg The dashboard will be covered with thin foam and pleather ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
whit1721 on
photoshock

FSX Ultra High Graphics

I have a question for the computer nerds and geeks who may be flight sim people, How come I can fly my missions on Ultra High Graphics with the aircraft setting at Medium High and then switch to Free Flight and not be able to fly at all? If anyone know...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
photoshock on
Splitdog

Real Environment Extreme

Anyone checked it out yet?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nyguy72000 on
nyguy72000

Saitek Quadrant Installation

Hi! Can anyone tell me how to set-up my saitek throttle quandrant for FS9 and FSX? Would greatly appreciate it! BTW, What are cowl flaps and what are they used for? What is the keyboard assignment for reverse thrusters on FSX and FS9? Thanx!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nyguy72000 on
dave1452

Good computer?

Hi all, finally upgrading my computer this summer, going to save up! Just picked one out from tigerdirect and wanted to get everyone's opinion if it's a good comp or not. Here are the specs: HP Pavilion Elite HPE-140f AY602AA Desktop PC Intel Core...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dave1452 on
getdatm0ney

fsx alienware aurora task bar issue

I just got my alienware aurora desktop, with the i7core 920 2.66 mhz processor and 6gb of ddr5 ram, i installed fsx and i was wondering why the the task bar is grayed out and i can not open it, if anyone knows how to open the task bar, so i can do instant...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Accelor on
gordan_falcon

Red Text in FSX videos

My Flight Simulator program crashed recently. I have everything back up and running, except for one major piece. When I used to make FSX videos I had the views showing. Like when I switched from the cockpit to outside the red text in the top right corn...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
undelivered

Red Arrow's

i have been looking at screenshots of flight sim 2004 and seen fantastic shots of Red Arrows Hawk aircraft does anyone know if they are available for FSX yet freeware or payware...?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
CeSinge

Missing keyboard shortcuts

I want to go a bit further in configuring buttons for my CH controllers (and others, possibly). I realized that some keyboard shortcuts are missing altogether. (I'm not saying: not assigned by me, but missing). Examples: - set/select OBS2. OBS1 can ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CeSinge on
Brook

ATC shuts off my external speakers

Just loaded FSX for the first time and first major glitch is that when I contact or respond to ATC, my (very nice Altec w/subwoofer) external speakers are shut off or deactivated, leaving me with only the computer's built in tin can speaker. I then have ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Brook on
ndoc

Virtual pilot/Sound

I am new to this site & have a few questions. I have downloaded several aircraft & have used addit pro to install. several aircraft either don't have a virtual cockpit that I can access and some don't have sound. How can I tell from the aircraft selection...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ndoc on
DENN

weightshift microlight

Does anyone know where I could download a microlight aircraft for FS 2004 ?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Accelor

Ground Power Avaibility

I have a flight saved as cool start in the F-86 at a small gate. Sometimes I launch the flight, and can have the GP unit their by turning on the GP switch. Other times I get a message that GP is not availible. The first time I made the mission I had G...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Accelor on
shaun6811

Does Horizon scenery Gen X Ver2.0 require you to Register

Hello - Please advise Does Genuine purchased copy of Horizon Gen X Version 2.0 Scenery for Uk require an online registration to install or can it be installed on multiple PC's Thanks in advance Shaun...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Greg1138

Most Realistic Sound Settings

Hi - I bought FSX when first released but found, like many others, that my PC was found wanting in many respects....I am now at the point though where I am using FSX with decent quality and framerates and want to try and make the experience as realistic a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greg1138 on
FB2009

Close my fly away account

hi who i can close my fly away account??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
joeyj495 on
Vengashii

Repainting community not as large for FSX?

Is it just me or is the repainting community not as large for FSX as it is for FS2004? For instance, I can barely find any repainting kits or tutorials for FSX. Or is it backwards compatible from FS2004?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
liljellz on
adrianlew

airbus 380

How come its so hard to find a airbus 380 for flightsimulator x with cockpit?? Adrian ❓ :idea:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
avb99

FMC/FMS

Hello Is anyone aware of a site containing basic information on how to program this device please, preferable with a short test flight and step by step instructions? Thanks Aidan...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
Heyjoojoo

Okay, maybe your FMC Tutorial is better?

I've searched online for FMC programming (for 737) and gosh they all seem diffferent. Everyone seems to do it differently. Does anyone know of any really good ones? FSX Kareem...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
RadarMan

FSX B-52 by Alphasim

FSX B-52 by Alphasim taking off from Edwards AFB (KEDW) and doing a 180 to land back at the only strip a GA pilot like me can find to handle a behemoth like this. Download---> http://tinyurl.com/sjsds Comments both good and bad more than welcome....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
smas4er

How to change flight numbers

Hi I have a question regarding how to change flight numbers in FSX. For example the default 737-800 has a name B737W and this is the name the atc also use to contact. Is there any way I can change this name if so how can I do that? will appreciate help...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
D5Tweddle on
Accelor

HC075DI COUGAR AUTOPILOT Instructions?

Anyone know where I can get instructions on how to properly use this gauge. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Accelor

HC075DI COUGAR AUTOPILOT Problems Installing

I need help. Trying to install this autopilot guage in the EH 101 but can't get it to work. I have copy past the cfg text into the panel cfg and made the next window in line #5. Should the afcp and ap1 cfg go into the FSX main folder or the EH 101 main...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
snowman45106

FSX VS Google Earth

😕 When I run either one of these which one do I load first. It looks like when one loads FSX 1st the graphics get nuch better but I am not sure if Google is already running....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Falconfixer on
FlyPast

ATC VFR contact with destination airport

How come the destination airport in the ATC screen doesnt often appear under the list of 'nearest airport list' or even 'airports further away' until you're nearly there? This gives you no time no adjust your approach depending on the runway they give for...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lionlicker on
movierunner

win 7 changes color scheme to win 7 basic--Why

OK, I've loaded FSX on my new computer (see sig). When FSX starts I get a window tell me the color scheme changed to win 7 basic. and will change back after ending program. Why?? :cry: It talks about "Aero Themes" and have run it's trouble shooter. an...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
movierunner on
jlar0654

No smoke or water wakes on landings? help

Hi all, I have added some effects to the effect file but it seems I can no longer get a wake or splash effect on water landings. In addition, I am not getting smoke effect when the wheels touchdown on a runway landing. I checked and I believe all of the o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jlar0654 on
Vengashii

joystick axis in FSX

so I just vaguely realized the problem i've been having. When configuring the controls to my logitech gamepad USB controller, I use the natural axis in them for ailerons, pitch, throttle, etc. I just noticed that whenever I use them (i.e. I move the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Vengashii on
truckernick

MD-11 Landing Speed ?

Ok i was wondering, what is the landing speed for an MD-11 in something like 40 to 50kt winds?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Habu on
movierunner

Logiteck force 3D joystick-No force feed back

Ok I bought a new computer so that FSX would run better. The new PC has windows 7, I connected the joystick & windows saw it. But no force feed back, so I check the cong of the joystick in the game & there is NO place that shows use/ turn on feed back? ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
movierunner on
Accelor

Grumman F 14D

Is the F 14 D in the download section capable of carrier landing and takeoff. ❓ Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Accelor on
Skyline223

Two sets of controls for FSX?

My friend and I wanted to try flying together the other day so we connected two yokes and also two sets of pedals. FSX recognizes them fine, but as expected - there is a problem. FSX will only pay attention to one yoke at a time. The "non dominant" yoke i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SimmerGuy on
n7xlq1

FSX crashing with MSVCR80.DLL

Hey guys, After coming back to FSX after a little layoff of FS, I'm getting fatal errors with MSVCR80.DLL crashing every time I pick a plane, doesn't matter which one I pick, it still crashes to the desktop and restarts FSX. Has anyone come accross...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
n7xlq1 on
NYCMounty

Multi screen

I have a question. I have recently added a second screen to my FSX. I wan to use the bottom screen as the instrument cluster. Currenlty, each time I re-fly a misson, I must move the instruments to the second monitor. Is there a way of permantantly config...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
NYCMounty on
Page 21 of 66