Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

photoshock

Utilities

Hey there, if I wanted to start building my own airplanes and helicopters for FSX and FS9, what utility programs would I need to be able to do this? For a certain length of time now, it has been my dream to add to the collection of sims and since I am ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
photoshock on
EdwardReynoso

FSX aircraft with BMP texture

Hi everyone! I love downloading FSX aircrafts, BUT, those ones with textures files on BMP format do never display texture when installed. I know that DDs are the right texture format for FSX, but I wonder why they say an airplane is for FSX when they hav...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
barkoman

Autosaving Software? FSUIPC?

I'm trying to find an auto-saver - the Autosave 1.04 program that's floating around won't work on my PC runnning 64-bit Windows 7. Anyone use FSUIPC? I'm a little foggy on exactly what it does but I'd hate to install a feature packed software program whe...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
barkoman on
spudkiss

canadain frozen lakes

does anyone else besides me think that we got ripped off from the winter wounderland. wheres our frozen lskes in canada in the winter...Darn M.S. shouldve did a lil better job on there planning of fsx.. before releasing or yet go out on trips acrosse the ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JJay on
mickwill

FSX Hangs on start-up

Hi All, Just before I go for a total re-install of Windows 7 & FSX, I might have missed something. I have Windows 7 64 bit on a quad core with an Nvidia 9800GSO, saitek yoke, saitek radio panel. I run Ultimate Traffic II & FS Panssengers. I have Cap...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Tom12

Off Topic but YAY! PREMOTION!

Yay! A week ago I was called into the Sqdn Commanders Office. It turned out I had been selected to be one of 4 people in the RNZAF to fly the Boeing 757 for VIP transport. So right away I accepted and now I'm waiting for the special e-mail for information...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tom12 on
Sixgun77

helicopters

I love flying around my hometown in the different helicopters in FSX, but my true love is heli combat sims like Gunship way back in the day. The Commanche series was ok, and Jane's Longbow was great. Is there a heli combat sim out there that's on par wit...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
easyrider003

Computer Compatibility?

I am in the process of looking to purchase a desktop computer to operate Microsoft Flight Simulator X. I have came across this computer which is new This one is a Gateway DX4300-01U Desktop PC - AMD Phenom II X4 Quad Core 810 2.6Ghz, 8GB DDR2, 1TB SATA...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Michael_H on
truckernick

Modded PC = BETTER FSX!!!

Some pics with some tricks to my PC, include modding of my Vista to make it use more than 3 gigs of memory, rather all six as i believe it's now doing. Yah me!!! 😀 https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/36300/modded-pc-better...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
truckernick on
strgazer1

flying

I don't seem to have a problem downloading planes,but, the grafics on most are terrible. And i can't seem to keep them in the air. The planes keep dropping out of the air on their own. What could the problem be? At this rate FS2004 is a better program th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Brickwall132 on
truckernick

Square Black smoke issue ?

Ok, i know for a fact that this is NOT from my editing of my vista core and such. this also effects, touch down smoke, rain mist, start up smoke and such. I had this issue once before, but reinstalling FSX fixed it. But reinstalling X now is not an op...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
truckernick on
truckernick

How do i delete these last posts below

I screwed up on those lasts posts and didn't post all the pics, how do i delete so i can do it right? it's probably right in front of my face...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
nyguy72000

Throttle Problem

Having a problem w/ my throttle. I have a Saitek throttle w/ a CH flight yoke. Out of the blue, I couldn't take off due to lack of power. I went into the VC and noticed the throttle was at 40-50%. I can manually move the throttle w/ my mouse but it always...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nyguy72000 on
Andkvs

Missing progressive taxi

Hi, I have a slight problem. I've just upgraded my system with great results 🙂 But now the the yellow arrows showing the assigned taxiroute is gone. I'm using FSX with acceleration and just bought REX 2.0. Since I installed both products at...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ollyau on
saber23

fsx atc issue

I have fsx. I want the atc to refer to me by my airline name and flight number. IE "Delta 397" On some planes it will and others it will not. I go into change, select the aircraft, and then detail and put everything the way I want it and then fly. ATC ref...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
photoshock

Rome-Naples Mission

Again, I am not a newbie to the flight sim community, and yet when I have tried the last two times to fly the Rome-Naples Mission, just as I was about to land the plane sped up and I could not land the plane. I had full flaps, spoilers set to full and w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
photoshock on
ACE man

Should there be hurricanes or tornadoes?

I wonder if the will put in severe weather to make it harder to fly in. Hurricanes on Fs9 were just clouds or some light rain and no wind.Should there be better weather like small storm cells to fly into and fly out the other side of it and produce tornad...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
spudkiss on
hdx

VFR and ILS

Hi sorry for my bad english first🙂 Im wondering, can use ILS if i fly VFR? If i fly IFR, and when ATC give me info on which runway to land, i can "stand by" and select other runway (ILS and visual, all aviable on airport). But if i fly VFR, i can...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Accelor on
santiess

IVAO

Hello, I've 2 things: -I'm kind of new in the world of IVAO and want to learn it better and use it. So if anyone of you want to teach me in a kind of session that would be very nice. -When I'm not using IVAO and am not logged in I don't see any A...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tom12 on
stereomatic

I'm having a problem using instant replay on fsx .

Hey everyone, I'm using a fsx and once i wanna use the instant replay option to take a videos using Fraps , it turns to black the screen i can still hear the airplane alive but the screen turns all black no display available .. how can i fix it so I'...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
stereomatic on
santiess

Acceleration & SP1+2

Hi, Long time ago I've bought Acceleration. I installed it and used it for a while. After a long time I took it off my computer. After that I put it on my computer again. After a while my computer crashed and everything is gone. So I installed FSX and...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
mattraw

FS11.... What do others here think?

Hi all (and particularly anyone at Microsoft who might be reading this), I was just reading the comments on FS11 from January, and it really got me thinking... FSX is without a doubt the best flightsim yet. The more one thinks about it though, the m...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jrd929 on
Feriscool

Why is FSX so laggy with my specs? [ HELP ]

Hi, my computer specs are: Windows 7 Home Premium 1TB Harddrive - (850GB Left) Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67 GHz 12GB Ram 64-bit operating system What's wrong? :cry:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
blacksito

delta 747

does any budy know a good delta 747 add-on is? :cry: :cry: 😂 😂 😎 😳 😀 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tom12 on
wack

What exactly does SP's 1 & 2 do?

I just downloaded Services Packs 1 and 2 for my Laptop, and They seemed to have no effect except my multiplayer crashed less, m KC-10's engines, landing gear and protrusions recived texture (Before they were black) and my T-45's 2D cockpit lost alot of qu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Tom12

Download the default EH-101?

I was just wondering if you could download the default Augusta Westland EH-101 from somewhere? I lost my FSX Acceleration Disk and I REALLY Want it because I have seen a few RNZAF Repaints for it... Help? ~Tom <<RNZAF_Class_Of_2010>>...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tom12 on
scongdon

Am I missing something? (Gauges)

Hey guys, I've been installing FSX aircraft for a long time, but I've taken quite a break until I joined the site here a few days ago... I'm a controller in the real world, so I'm not by any means an idiot, but I'm having a huge problem here. None o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
wesak81

display settings please help

some of my planes on my flight sim x doesnt show up very good, some of the parts of the planes are missing like the textures and the fusulage , just the parts of the cocpits and wheels show up and the fan blades in the engines show up, what do i need to ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
ehuang6

Navigation Log Wrong Information

I've noticed that the FSX nav log seems to calculate distance and flight time incorrectly. For example, I file a log flying from DTW-ORD and it says the estimated flight time is 0:25 (25 minutes) where in reality, the flight lasts around an hour. Is t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FHeselton on
DKlop

Releasing Smoke from Aircraft

Well, I'm relatively new to FSX, as I got it this Christmas, and there is something that I would really like to know. How can I add and use smoke on any aircraft, downloaded or default aircraft. I've had planes that had a section in their .cfg file...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Ubba

New to FSX - Why can't I land.... some help needed please...

Hi guys... I've got the basics down, take off, engaging the autopilot, flying my route with ATC... the scenery is just spectacular !! I'm using GPS and NAV1, switching between the two. I get clearance to land at the destination airport, but can nev...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Ubba on
RadarMan

FSX-Belleau Wood

FSX-Belleau Wood Dead Link Removed. This is beautiful, I wish I could do justice to it with my screens. It has (as you see) constant AI traffic, aircraft and helicopters landing and taking off. I just used it in one of the modes, steering it out to ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Noshadez on
leeharman

Texture files Missing.

Hi everyone, I am having problems with FSX I was flying perfectly last night shut my system down as normal. This morning woke up started my PC and FSX and got this error.':evil:' '😕' ':cry:' E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Micros...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Accelor on
nyguy72000

FSX Controls

I recently purchased another computer. It's an HP w/ AMD Phenom II Quad Core w/ 3 GHZ Processing spedd; 8 GB RAM w/ a GeForce GT 220 graphics card. My problem is this: I set my controls, x, y and z axis'; and my button assignments. When I go to fly, every...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
stocz2 on
Brook

Saving Settings??

Couple of days since upgrading from FS9 and I'm rattled by a few things: The latest is saving display settings. So far every time I start the program or a new flight, my display/graphics/realism etc settings are all gone. What's up with that? I'...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
wesak81

finding md-80

is there really a md-80 on the flight sim x game , if there is one i cant find it, its not in the airplane selection, could anyone tell me how to find it...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
gordan_falcon

DX10

Ok so... I have a really good computer. I run FSX on max graphics and I run on vista 64 bit. I was wondering what was up with this whole DX10 thing. What does it do? Would I be able to use it? Where can I download it? and how do you use it when it is d...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
truckernick

My FSX Carenado PA-34 Seneca Review w/ pics.

Ok might i say, this is one fabulous aircraft. everything works great, and it handles great, i can say that from experience because i have flown the PA-34 in real life many times, and this add-on handles just like it. The sound is great to, just like r...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
truckernick on
lkw

dirt runway using FSX (hard to see when attempting landing)

I am having a lot of trouble finding dirt runways using FSX as the color difference is very slight. Has some body come up with a fix of setting that would improve this situation?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jim1964 on
psalm10720

New added planes not showing up in Windows 7

I have installed a bunch of plances the same way I did in Vista and the ones I have added are not showing up within FSX on Windows 7.......

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
fossilbot

Sydney Area Sea Plane Airport Download

A news item appeared on screen the other day re this new Scenery download. Has it been released yet ? if so where can I make the download ? or When will it be available ? fossilbot...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
haleymon

Building my Simpit

Well it took me long enough to get started but here are the first pics. https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/36067/building-my-simpit_c02ba19ccf590ad91a144806c8276258.jpg The dashboard will be covered with thin foam and pleather ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
whit1721 on
photoshock

FSX Ultra High Graphics

I have a question for the computer nerds and geeks who may be flight sim people, How come I can fly my missions on Ultra High Graphics with the aircraft setting at Medium High and then switch to Free Flight and not be able to fly at all? If anyone know...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
photoshock on
Splitdog

Real Environment Extreme

Anyone checked it out yet?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nyguy72000 on
nyguy72000

Saitek Quadrant Installation

Hi! Can anyone tell me how to set-up my saitek throttle quandrant for FS9 and FSX? Would greatly appreciate it! BTW, What are cowl flaps and what are they used for? What is the keyboard assignment for reverse thrusters on FSX and FS9? Thanx!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
nyguy72000 on
dave1452

Good computer?

Hi all, finally upgrading my computer this summer, going to save up! Just picked one out from tigerdirect and wanted to get everyone's opinion if it's a good comp or not. Here are the specs: HP Pavilion Elite HPE-140f AY602AA Desktop PC Intel Core...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dave1452 on
getdatm0ney

fsx alienware aurora task bar issue

I just got my alienware aurora desktop, with the i7core 920 2.66 mhz processor and 6gb of ddr5 ram, i installed fsx and i was wondering why the the task bar is grayed out and i can not open it, if anyone knows how to open the task bar, so i can do instant...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Accelor on
gordan_falcon

Red Text in FSX videos

My Flight Simulator program crashed recently. I have everything back up and running, except for one major piece. When I used to make FSX videos I had the views showing. Like when I switched from the cockpit to outside the red text in the top right corn...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
undelivered

Red Arrow's

i have been looking at screenshots of flight sim 2004 and seen fantastic shots of Red Arrows Hawk aircraft does anyone know if they are available for FSX yet freeware or payware...?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
CeSinge

Missing keyboard shortcuts

I want to go a bit further in configuring buttons for my CH controllers (and others, possibly). I realized that some keyboard shortcuts are missing altogether. (I'm not saying: not assigned by me, but missing). Examples: - set/select OBS2. OBS1 can ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CeSinge on
Page 21 of 66