Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Canello

Use of local radio station as ADF finder

Does anyone know of any FSX software that allows you to enter the URL of a radio station, fix the coordinates of its antenna, and establish its range, in order to use it in the ADF? In Chile there are many small towns with local airports without VOR and N...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
sknight751

cpu upgrade

I have a Dell desktop Optiplex 7010.   It had an Intel i5 3540 processor.   I have an Nvidia  (GeForce) 1650 graphics card and 16 GB of ram installed.  I have the disk version of FSX (not Steam).   I also have the ORBX scenery upgrades.  With th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Laverda

Thrustmaster Airbus joystick

My old Wingman joystick has about had it, it must be ten years old at least, time to get something new, looking at the Thrustmaster Airbus kit, but, will this only work with Airbus aircraft or is it OK for anything? Don't want  to be restricted as to air...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Laverda

FSX losing data

Running FSX SP2, Windows 10, a fresh load ofFSX and SP1 & 2. Loaded the Sunderland from Just Flight, runs well, but for the first time I decided to fly missions, I don't usually, mainly because the Sundeland is rubbish taking off from a runway. The Missi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
sterk03

having problems with print screen for screen shot?

Windows 10 running FSX in the past have had no trouble geting a screenshot.  I have been using Mgrab.exe.  In the past just click on Print screenand I would hve a jpeg picture go to my folder called grabs.  Lately if I just hit print screen it wil take...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
David Groves

NO LOG BOOK ENTRIES

I have installed FSX Steam,  however, because my D drive is dedicated to my CD, Which is used for running FS2020 Steam was installed in E drive,  and there is no logbook, any suggestions, please? ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
CSARmedic

Prepar3D - Possible to change the Aircraft in a Mission?

Hello, I just acquired Prepar3D and enjoy flying imported missions with my favorite aircraft, Maryadi's CV-22. Is there a workaround in Prepar3D where I can, essentially, modify a mission with a different airfract than the one it was designed for? Thank...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on

what's that clicking sound

when a jet descends, the one of the instruments makes a clicking sound. What is the clicking sound?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ianstephens on
Laverda

Dumping windows 10 and going back to 7

Is it worth dumping windows 10 and going back to Windows 7 as none of the add-ons for FSX will work - including the Lancaster. The windows 10 file structure looks completely different....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ardsur on
CRJCapt

***Flight Simulator X Rewards***

Rewards Pilots earn rewards for completing various missions and reaching specific accomplishments throughout the game. The following is a list of known rewards: Trophies First Landing 25 Landings 100 Landings Landings at 10 Airports Bombar...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Pigwiggen

Free FSX iFly Boeing 747-400

Having d/loaded and installed this software I need to remove it. Could some kind soul give me a steer as to how to do this as my Control Panel isn't helping. Many thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
gilipg@yahoo.com on
Rudolf Schulz

Mission Gabon

Wo ist die Ölplattform zu finden?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rudolf Schulz on
Bill Wells

installing fsx on my new i7 pc running windows 10 64bit pro

HELP i can install fsx (genuine copy) to my new pc running the above spex, but i get no desktopp short cut and cant find the directory anywhere on my pc. It runs once after install but after that nada! Any help out there? Ta Bill....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Matt W on
Lennie

ARMI HECA ILS

Hi, can anyone help me with this problem I want to try and alter the ILS 05R HECA the default has no ILS but in the  scenery updates it has, I always thought when you install the sceneries they automatically install tha new readings for the runways. ple...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Lennie on
Al312

Will FSX work in a User Acccount?

Can FSX be made to work in a Windows 10 Local / User Account?  If so, please send directions or where to find them.  If not, please let me know.  Many thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bsimard1 on
Heyjoojoo

Recommend a short IFR flight plan for practicing ILS...

I would love to practice the ILS procedures but I need some other short flight plans. Here are the specs: 1 hour (or so) plan anywhere in world IFR only aircraft: 737 or airbus Maybe we could compile a list for all... - Kareem...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Joseph87360

PS PASSENGER SECOND REALITY for FSX Edition Gold

Bonjour à tous. J'ai un PC qui tourne sous Word 10 64 bits J'ai installé FSX sur ce PC en SP1, j'ai du désinstaller " ACCELERATION " SP2 car il empechait l'activation du Simulator. Donc mon FSX tourne uniquement en SP1. De ce fait normalement le F...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Joseph87360 on
JamesFrench

Is there a flight manual for the Concorde?

I am a brand new premium member of Fly Away.  Yesterday I successfully downloaded and installed the Concorde.  So far it looks good. Is there a manual available that tells  you how to operate the Concorde?    Thanks,  Jim French...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
casscamden on
mondo19

fsx reinstall problem, same fault

I am still unable to completly re-install FSX Gold edition, all steps so far advised have been carried out which are:  1. verify that no leftover files/folders. 2. used a different 1 TB SSD for re-installation 3. reset the license key (had sucess repo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mondo19 on
emartinez1540

Scenery deletion helps graphics memory?

Will deleting or disabeling secenery that is not being used at all...help with the memory used? I get occasional freezes and the error message states that there is not enough memory to continue. Thoughts....🤔 Thank you...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
emartinez1540 on
oaktony

Rudder and Wheel

I have a problem with the plane loading and the front wheel starts tto turn the plane without any controll. I have to reset teh center rudder button keypad 5 but after I turn the plane around it  starts to turn again. I checked teh controll panel and res...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
oaktony on
Al312

Saitek yoke vs FSX Kiosk mode

I am trying to use an older Saitek yoke, throttle quadrant and rudder pedals with FSX Acceleration in the Kiosk mode.  The controls work fine once an airplane is booted up, but I have been unable to find any way for the yoke, etc. to start the program in...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Al312 on
Hueyseebee

Why size change?

Can someone PLEASE tell me why all the FSX plane files went from an avarage of 28 MB to 400MB? Are they simply reverse engineered from the new version (which I don't care for)? Have ask 5 or 6 times but no one will answer....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Hueyseebee on
sknight751

Colorado photoreal scenery

For FSX, will Colorado Photoreal scenery work with ORBX Vectors or do I need UTX?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sknight751 on
Kalnon

Files Missing From FreeMesh X Download

So I just installed the FreeMesh X 2.0 files after downloading, extracting them and adding them to the scenery library. I then clicked the Ok button and as FSX began to build the database, errors kept popping up saying a file named Area.212 is missing. I ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Viper3910 on

jaapweddepohl@gmail.com

FSX-vliegtuigen. De navigatielichten zijn vierkant lichten geworden. Hoe kan ik dit veranderen in de standaard situatie? Ik heb van alles geprobeerd maar geen resultaat. Zelfs met CD herstart ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
krjones1218

Landing runway 30 Miami Intl and getting multiple go arounds

whats up when landing a IFR flight to runway 30 and having a good approach the tower tells you to go around so you follow all the instructions (which seem to take you a long way out from the airport) and on approach again another go around. So i just land...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
krjones1218 on
Derian

Internet Speed

Is 9.52 mbps a good internet DOWNLOAD speed? I was thinking of upgrading to 20Mbps but I wanted to know if this was a good speed....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Louise Gornalla on
Pengie1114

crss gauge

playing around editing panels. can someone tell me what a crss gauge is and what it does? forgive my ignorance. Mark Donaldson mwdmaestro@hotmail.com...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Pengie1114 on
RadarMan

Having a Problem with FSX Activation?

Having a Problem with FSX Activation?? If you are having a problem with activation, the second time around please send me a PM. Members only for now. :radar:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
babat on
steve smith

flight sim x issues

i recently purchased a dell gaming computer and downloaded flight sim x gold edition. the program starts correctly except when I try the flymode a black screen comes up with the white pointer and thats it.  no screen comes up that shows instuments, just ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
captinDarwin on
ollie farmer

Flight sim X logbook entries blocked

What will cause the Flight Sim X to stop recording any flights (free flights, missions)? I've restored my computer to a previous time but no effect. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ollie farmer on
mpf858

Landing/breaking a ski plane

❓ Is there any way to slow down a ski plane once it's landed. Do the regular breaks do anything? Thanks!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
medps on
jameslenzini

Getting autopilot to intercept localizer

I'm not sure this is the correct forum but I'm trying to aclimate myself to the autopilot.  Got it working pretty good except it won't intercept the localizer for landing.  Just flies on by. Help...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jameslenzini on

GPS for FSX B707

How do you download and install GPS for B707-300C in FSX...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
franq953

FSX TRAVA E FECHA CONSTANTEMENTE

Meu FSX esta travando e fechando durante e ate antes do voo, me parece que apenas estavel nas aeronaves default. A380 Mega Pack aqui do site tb acontecendo isso. Alguem poderia ajudar a entender e resolver isso?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
franq953 on
Sparo

adamsiari@outlook.fr

I have an FSX problem: My virtual cockpit is invisible. I was trying to fix it but nothing. In FSX planes by default, this works. Thanks for the answers....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Sparo on
dgnaisby

Experienced Flyer but new to Sim.

Hi Guys,  I have many years of flying paragliders and trike (Air Creation) but I am a total novice when it comes to Sim. My question is simple. Apart from the computer, what hardware do I need to fly SFX without going crazy? Obviously, I want to fly ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dgnaisby on

jetways missing completetly

ok ive just done the high scenery and aminations on gone to a airport with jetways amd still no jetways i'll give you the things again graphics medium high aircraft medium high scenery high weather medium low traffic custom aircraft 40% general...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jobbágyi Koppány on
John Paul

Naval aircraft launch bars

I there any way to "add" a launch bar (like the defult FA-18's) to another naval Arcraft?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
John Paul on
Al312

Move a flight into FSX Kiosk

Before Windows 10 moving flights was simple and straightforward.  Since W10, I can't find the flights I've saved anywhere in my computer.  I am referring to the .flt and .wx files.  What am I doing wrong?  Many thanks for any help....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Al312 on
Saabotr

Landing Speed; Learjet 45

Hi. Do any of you know the proper landing speed for the Learjet? I have no problem establishing ILS, getting lined up.... However, I do have a problem with the correct speed relative to my glide path. I have landed successfully numerous times, but not ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ollie farmer on
John Paul

FSX ship wake issues

Hello everyone, I recently added a few pilotable ships, including USCGC Chase coast guard cutter and the USS Port Royal cruiser. When I went to "fly" them, the FSX wake flew straight upward as well as aft of the ship. Any ideas? Many thanks John...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
John Paul on
ollie farmer

SR 71 problems

I’m having trouble getting the SR 71 program to work.  I’m sure it’s something simple but I can’t find it.  The files & folders are in the proper place but nothing shows up in the flight sim.  I’m running windows 7 and flight Sim X gold editi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ollie farmer on
RadarMan

Detailed Airports and Cities in Deluxe FSX

Here is a list of Airports and regions that have been improved which are contained in the deluxe version: City, Country/Region Airport Name International Identifier Amsterdam, Netherlands Schiphol EHAM Anchorage, USA Stevens Anchorage PANC ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

Unable to make Duxford Airshow work.

I have downloaded Duxford and Duxford AI. How do i make the Air show work please....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Al312

When loading, is there a way to make FSX start at the Save

I've been trying to make either the MilViz F-4E or the SWS F-4B start from a saved point.  Both airplanes start holding on the runway in position ready for takeoff.  Except they're not.  A number of switches must be positioned to drop the flaps, turn o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Al312 on
Al312

Kiosk Mode pictures problem

I have been trying to load pictures to the FSX Kiosk Mode homescreen.  I've been using Paint.net to re-size them and change them to .bmp files, as were used in FS9.  I have been including them in the last line of the main section of the respective .flt ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Al312 on
simonmmason

Acceleration Vs Steam

Hi everyone. Just a question. What exactly is the difference between FSX Acceleration and FSX Steam? I've seen some aircraft downloads (free and payware) the say they are for FSX Steam. Are they interchangeable? Thanks. Simon.  ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
simonmmason on
kimuyukix

Airspeed indicator is working but malfunctioning

So, I just reinstalled FSX and my favorite Delta 777x aircraft, and on my first flight in a while, everything is working as it should except for the airspeed indicators.  I am used to flying a 777x, and I have over 1,900 hours logged in that aircraft. Ho...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kimuyukix on
Page 3 of 66